We’re 29 weeks pregnant and officially into the third trimester! And how that is at all possible is just beyond me.
Baby is 29 weeks today and is about the size of a butternut squash. And as always, just for fun, here’s a look at 29 weeks with Lucas!
HERE’S WHAT BABY HAS BEEN UP TO THIS WEEK:
- Baby weighs about 2 1/2 pounds and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel.
- His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain.
- To meet his increasing nutritional demands, mom needs plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, mom also has to be sure to drink her milk (or in my case, eat her yogurt and cheese!) This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby’s hardening skeleton each day.
AND HERE’S WHAT’S BEEN HAPPENING WITH ME THIS PAST WEEK:
Weight gained: Not sure, but I have another appointment this morning so I’m sure I’ll find out. Or maybe I won’t, who knows.
Workouts: Still getting in about 3-5 workouts per week, but I’ve noticed that things are definitely starting to get more challenging. There are a few workouts that I’ve decided to hold off on now until after the baby, due to how I felt afterwards and/or if it just didn’t feel comfortable during it. I’ve also noticed tha my legs easily fatigue lately so I’m starting to take it a bit easy on certain exercises.
- Sore stomach muscles, and occasionally sore legs/groin area
- A couple Braxton Hicks contractions
- Leg cramps! This happened a couple of times during the night and they hurt so bad I had to get up and walk around just so they’d go away!
- A little nausea here and there
- Some acid reflux
- A ton of bathroom trips
Movement: Little guy continues to wiggle his way around all day long. And recently, he’s been taking a liking to my upper right rib cage…
Food Aversions: I get a little turned off by chicken here and there randomly, but not enough to not eat it. Hot drinks aren’t all that appealing right now either.
Food Cravings: The usuals… Carbs, yogurt, sweet potato chips, melty cheese, red meat/burgers, chocolate.
Sleep: About the same as last week. I feel like I must totally wake up Jay every time I need to roll over and switch sides during the night because I feel like a beached whale while trying to do so. Most nights I’m up 1-2 times for trips to the bathroom, and there are some nights where I’m just finding it a bit more tough to get comfortable. But overall, really not that bad.
Stretch marks? Nope, just the varicose and spider veins. Which, I swear, continue to multiply and are also somewhat painful, too. Just not cool.
Miss Anything? Wine (duh), being able to complete my usual workouts, sleeping on my stomach, and regular clothes.
Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: Honestly not much that I can really think of that I likely haven’t already shared with you all. Is that bad?!
Belly Button in or out? Still in…but getting less and less indented. I’m on the fence about whether or not it will actually protrude at all!
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy and still emotional. I’ve had a few days this week where I’ve had to fight off tears when I start thinking about Lucas no longer being my only baby. This is something I knew was going to be hard for me before we ever even got pregnant, and it’s certainly proving to be true.
I’ll start to think about things like saying “goodbye” to him before we have to go to the hospital, and then I get really anxious about how he’ll react when he first sees me with the baby. I’ve teared up just typing this out, which shows you what a basket case I am about it all. It’s hard because I don’t want all of that anxiety and guilt to mask the excitement that I/we have for our second, but I guess I’m still just trying to figure out how to handle and deal with all of the emotions. It’s no joke!
New Baby Items: I did get a couple of prints for the nursery, a couple of crib sheets, and some curtains + a rod, which still have yet to be hung. I decided on a color scheme for the room though, so I’m excited to see it all come together (at some point…ha!) and share it with you all!
Looking Forward To: Getting finished with some of these house projects we’ve been tackling so I can start to work on the nursery a bit more. These weeks are flying and it’s going to be June before I know it!
Questions for the Moms:
- What were your baby’s kicks like? How long did it take you to feel them? Were they all over?
- How did you deal with second/third/etc child guilt? I know I’ve asked this before, but it’s always nice to hear from others to know you’re not alone!
P.S. – Hey guys!
I’ve recently upgraded my email subscription emails, so for those of you who subscribe already, you may have already noticed that! But for those of you who don’t subscribe, I’d LOVE to have you sign up to see what we’ve been working on behind the scenes!!
PLUS, anyone who subscribes right now will be sent a brand new email that unlocks a private page on the blog listing out my top performing recipes AND 6 of my all time favorite recipes EVER. You’ve got nothing to lose, so go ahead and sign up right below here to join in on the fun!! ;)