This Cheesy Italian Quick Bread is the perfect accompaniment to your next meal! Throw it together in a few minutes and pair it with your favorite soup, stew, chili…you name it. It’s great with anything!
When one loaf goes, another one is created. And ohhh baby, is this a good one.
We’re HUGE carb people over here. Pairing bread with dinner is basically my favorite thing EVER.
I skimmed through my recipes a bit and I thought I might want to make my Hearty Oat Loaf, but then I decided to put together two of our favorite things into this bread – cheese and Italian anything.
The bread is killerrrrr. Seriously.
Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life
This Cheesy Italian Quick Bread is the perfect accompaniment to your next meal! Throw it together in a few minutes and pair it with your favorite soup, stew, chili...you name it. It's great with anything!
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Optional: spray butter, an extra tbsp butter, or garlic spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch round baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients and mix well. Cut in cold butter with a pastry blender (or two knives/forks) until mixture is made up of fine crumbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, Greek yogurt, and milk. Stir into dry ingredients until just moistened – do not over mix! (If your dough is still a little dry, add an extra splash of milk).
- Spoon into prepared baking pan, sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and extra butter, if desired. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
(adapted from Taste of Home)
Because, you know…cheesy Italian bread is the perfect match for Mexican-flavored chili, right?
The chili was good, but I got full super quick and couldn’t even finish it all. So not like me. Must have been from all the bread.
Either way, you have GOT to try this bread. Promise, mmmkay??