1. Well I definitely did not mean to let this entire week go by without checking in – yikes!
2. The first part of my week was spent down in Texas with my girl Chelsey, who I was SO excited to see again. If you follow me along on Instagram then you may have caught my stories to see that we were down visiting Magnolia Market!
The trip was SO much fun and I definitely have a full recap post heading your way next week, so stay tuned!
3. As much fun as it was, of course, I certainly missed my babies. But there no shortage of fun for the while I was gone, and we had plenty of FaceTime.
Lucas actually had the day of his dreams getting to go to a Monster Jam show with Jay and our cousins Sarah, Jeff, and their little guy. I got plenty of updates while they were there and knowing they were having a blast made that lingering mama guilt for leaving feel that much lighter.
4. 2018 has definitely not gotten off to a good start for us on the meal planning front. Oooof. I need some inspiration. If you’ve got any recipes you’ve been loving lately, feel free to leave them below in the comments!
5. Speaking of 2018, I’ve been trying to do a lot of thinking about what I want to do with the blog this coming year. One of the ideas I had was possibly doing a weekly series where I’ll feature just one thing/product/person/place/anything that I’m loving that week. Thoughts? Yay/nay? I know I’m into reading quick posts these days, and assumed that maybe you guys are feeling the same way? ; )
6. This poor kid just can’t catch a break. First, after talking more with infectious disease about his toe, it was determined that they wanted to play it safe (because they still aren’t 100% certain whether or not his infection is/was in the bone) and he’s got to do a full 6 weeks of antibiotics. We’ve now approached week four, so hopefully, we only have two more to go. On top of that, he’s also caught a nasty cold that’s been going around, so we’ve been dealing with that, too.
Seriously. I just want healthy children. That’s it! Where’s my spring countdown…
7. Thankfully, this big guy has been feeling good this week (we think Alex may have what Lucas had about a week and a half ago…?) and the two of us had SUCH a fun time playing out in the snow and sledding in the front yard earlier this week. I left for work on Wednesday telling him we could play when I got home as long as he was good for my MIL, and sure enough, it was the first thing out of his mouth as soon as I stepped in the door.
We sledded until it got too dark to see (and because it was dinner time) and it was just SO nice to be able to spend some one on one time with my big guy.
Alright my friends, I’m off for today! I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing <3