1. Did this week fly by for anyone else? I swear, wasn’t it just Monday? Not that I’m complaining or anything, though. Happy Fridayyyy!
2. Jay and I were lucky enough to have a super fun (and delicious) date night out on Wednesday evening. For Christmas, I had purchased Jay tickets to go see Criss Angel and The Supernaturalists, so since we had a sitter secured for the evening (thanks, mom!) we decided to make an evening out of it.
Before the show, we stopped at Druther’s in Albany for some drinks (for him) and dinner. Of course, I can’t visit Druther’s without getting their pretzels and beer cheese dip (as evidenced here, here, AND here…). The stuff is just SO freakin good.
Since we both tend to go a little crazy on the pretzels, we decided to keep the rest of the meal a bit lighter by sharing their drunken wedge salad and the crispy short rib dumplings.
All of it was incredible and we left feeling plenty full and satisfied.
Once we finished up at dinner, we drove up the street to The Palace Theater for our show! I always love the look of this theater in downtown Albany.
Before hitting up our seats, we stopped quick at the concession stand because, well, I wanted sugar and made Jay share some with me.
Ready for the showwwww!
The show, by the way, was great. There were so many illusions/tricks/whatever you want to call them that had us shaking our heads like, “what the WHAT?!”
If they come to a city near you, I’d definitely recommend it!
3. I probably could/should have made an entirely separate post for fact #2, but it’s Friday and all, so we’ve got to carry on with the rest of today’s fun facts.
4. As if we don’t already love Chip and Joanna…17 “Fixer Upper” Moments That Prove Chip & Joanna Are The Cutest Couple Alive.
5. Okay, for my fellow Making a Murderer watchers out there…in case you missed the photo I posted on Instagram yesterday:
I was DYING when my friend Joey sent that to me. Just TOO funny!
6. I read a post earlier this week from Cupcakes and Cashmere titled My Relationship with Food, and I felt like I could relate to it on SO many levels. As a blogger who began as (and I guess still somewhat consider) a healthy living blog, I constantly see how many differences there are between my own blog/life and the lives and “healthy” habits of those around me. I often feel so, so different from so many, but it’s important to remember that that’s okay. If any of you ever feel like you’re in the same boat, this is definitely a good read!
7. I was recently invited to be a part of the TasteBook Influencer Network, and I super excited to see I had two new cookbooks sent my way!
They’re both full of some incredible sounding recipes, but many of them are currently looking a bit intimidating to me. I did, however, come across this recipe for roasted banana ice cream with bittersweet chocolate and, umm, I think I’d like a nice big serving of THAT right now!
If I happen to come across any more awesome recipes, I’ll be sure to share!
8. Lucas told me twice the other night that he had to go pee pee in the potty…and he did! So I thought, wow, maybe we’re getting somewhere?!? But no, hasn’t happened since. Even still, I did just buy him some new undies (plus these undies) and this book, at the recommendation of Katy, and I think we’re going to attempt to start this next month. I’m so not ready, but really, I’d rather do it now than having to do it with a newborn! If you have ANY tips, send ’em my way!
9. I’ve been toying with the idea of creating an ebook. Am I crazy? Probably. But it’s just something that has always seemed really fun and interesting to me. So I guess I’m curious…is that anything you guys would be interested in? Maybe one on desserts? Easy weeknight dinners? I’d love to hear your thoughts…even if it is just to tell me I’m crazy. ;)
10. I’m so excited for this weekend. We have a Friendsgiving on Saturday with our awesome group of friends (which was planned in October and this is actually the first weekend we were all available!) and then brunch with my college girlfriends on Sunday. It should be a busy and fun weekend for sure!
11. Hey, guess what? We found out what baby #2 is yesterday!! We’ll be sharing with friends over the weekend, but I’ll be sure to share with all of you next week! Any final guesses from any of you??
Alright you guys, I’m off for today! I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing!