1. I can’t begin to thank all of you enough for your kind words on Wednesday’s post. I cried at more than one of your comments (okay, quite a few of them) and emails, and while I’ve definitely had my days where I struggle, it really does help SO much knowing that I’m not alone. Why don’t more women talk about this sort of stuff?!? The good news is that I’ve been able to look back on these last few episodes and laugh because I realize just how crazed I was!
2. For my fellow preggos OR those of you who may not be hitting the alcohol these days, I’ve got to share a non-alcoholic champagne that I LOVE.
I first tried it a few weeks ago when we got together with friends, and after spotting it at the grocery store the other day, I totally had to pick up a bottle. It almost tastes like the real stuff and not like straight up fruit juice. If you can find it, I’d highly recommend it (it was at Price Chopper, for the locals!).
3. Oh yeah…happy APRIL to you! But umm, really, didn’t March like, just start the other day?? Yikes!
4. In an attempt to try to get Lucas a little more prepared for the baby, I wound up purchasing a few new books on Amazon:
Whether or not he’ll appreciate them, I can only guess. But I suppose we’ll find out later today (ohh, how I love you, Amazon Prime).
5. I totally had to go out and buy new bras last week. The girls are growing (woo hoo! I’ll enjoy it while it lasts!) and my older ones just weren’t cutting it. I decided to just go straight for the nursing bras and wound up getting both this one and this one…and they’re SO comfortable!! As someone who always wears an underwire bra, I will say that it is rather nice enjoying the change up of wireless. I may never go back…even when they do shrink back down to an insanely small size.
6. I had really high hopes that I’d be able to share Lucas’s new, finished swing set by the time I wrote up today’s post…but WOW, that thing is quite a project! My parents came over on Wednesday night to help out again, and after about 2-1/2 more hours (so I think we’re probably on about 6 hours total so far with 2-3 people working), we’ve still got quite a bit left.
I mean, you’d think with having this little helper with his drill out there helping us, we’d have been done in no time, right?!
He was so funny…he had to make sure he hit every screw with his drill after daddy or papa used the real one.
7. All of my normally, non-pregnant “loose” fitting tops are starting to get a tad small and short.
At this rate, I’m gonna have to go browsing through Jay’s clothes pretty soon! Bahaha.
8. I went 4 days this week without washing my hair. I’m pretty sure that is a straight up record and I’m not sure if I should be proud or grossed out. Day 4 was pretty ugly.
9. Last night was quite a treat – I had a fabulous few hours out with my lovely, Sarah! We had a quick dinner, and then browsed around Babies R Us and Buy Buy Baby for some nursery things.
I was really excited to have found some new stuff for the baby’s room and am hopeful that we’ll be able to work on putting some stuff together in there this weekend. Granted, I’ve said that the last, oh I don’t know, four weekends?? But hey, maybe this is the one.
10. So what do you guys think of the whole debacle with Instagram changing their algorithm? Have you noticed much of a difference in your news feed? I’ll admit, I was initially guilty of posting one of those photos shouting “hey, turn on notifications to keep following along with me!” but then I read a bit more into how it all works and decided to delete it. For one, I know I have no desire to turn on notifications for others, and two, I don’t think anything I post on Instagram is worthy enough of anyone having to be dinged or notified on their phones. So to make sure you (and I) keep seeing what you want to see, be sure to engage more on Instagram – like, comment on, and share posts you enjoy!
11. I thought really hard about putting an April Fool’s joke in today’s post, but I came up with absolutely nothing. Here’s hoping none of us get pranked too badly today! 😉
Alright my friends, that’s all for me today I hope you have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing! <3