1. Happy MAY, everyone! I feel like this is going to be such a crazy, emotional, exciting month…I’m both excited for it and sort of dreading it at the same time. Because…packing. Blech.
2. Last night was our first softball game of the season and it felt so good to be back out there! Not to mention the fact that it was basically the perfect night for a softball game.
We may be on a different team, but I’ve still got my family with me (even pseudo brother Scott) so that’s what matters. Even better? I was two for two at bats – a single and a double! I credit it all to my getting “buff” in the offseason.
3. Lucas also enjoyed softball last night. Or, rather, he enjoyed once the game was over so he could be out on the field running the bases.
A little extra dirt, but boy, did he tire himself out. Perrrrrfect-o.
4. As I’m sitting down to type of this post, I’m currently snacking on a greek yogurt mixed with some PB2 and some broken up Crunch eggs. It’s fantastic.
5. I am seriously loving this gel polish from Sally Hansen.
I picked it up last week (it’s the miracle gel in Pinky Rings), painted my nails last Friday, and a week later, they still aren’t looking bad! (Granted, my cuticles are another story…)
I’m pretty tough on my nails, too, so I will say that I am pleasantly surprised by this stuff. Definitely beats going to pay for it every time!
6. So I haven’t mentioned it until now, but for the past month, I’ve been drinking Shakeology shakes every morning for breakfast and I. am. obsessed. I got talking a bit with a friend of a friend, and after trying a couple samples, I decided I loved it enough to purchase it on my own.
They’ve been making my mornings incredibly easy, and it is probably one of the best protein powders I’ve tried. And on top of that, I feel amazing. I’ve had increased energy, less belly bloat, and just an overall really great feeling.
My favorite combo is Chocolate Peanut Butter – I blend up ½ frozen banana, 1 scoop chocolate Shakeology, ~1 tbsp peanut butter, almond milk, water, and ice. It tastes like a freakin’ Reese’s milkshake, I’m not kidding. And if I’m being totally honest, I never ever thought I’d be a “shake for breakfast every morning” kinda person (coming from the one who has a toaster oven at her desk). But the more I drink it, the more I love it.
Full Disclosure here, too…I am a Beachbody coach. I haven’t really talked much about it, but I wanted to ensure I truly loved the product before I ever said anything to you guys about it. But please don’t misinterpret this; it doesn’t mean that this is going to become a “you must buy Beachbody” blog by any means. If you’re looking for some support or interested in any of the products? Awesome. I’m absolutely available and would love to help you out! If it’s not your thing, I totally get it and respect that.
I mean, I think you all already know how I feel about sales…it’s just not something I enjoy. But that’s also not why I’m in this either. I’m in it because I love the workouts and have been doing them for a year now, I love the Shakeology, and I’m also in it because I love helping others. You guys should already know that. So if you’re at all interested, drop me an email (sweettoothcourtney at gmail dot com) or leave your email address below. We have some great challenge groups this month, and I’d be happy to fill ya in on the details! And if you’re not interested? No problem-o. Things are staying the same around here.
7. We are still totally loving House of Cards over here. We’re about 5 episodes in to the first season and we struggle every time with stopping at just one episode. Damn you, Netflix, for only giving me that brief, 20 or so seconds to decide!
8. This past week has been some of the most gorgeous weather we’ve seen in a LONG time. Mid to upper 60’s and sunny. Talk about a mood lifter.
9. A little inspiration for your Friday…
10. I tried so hard to get a 10th fun fact but…I’ve got nothin’. Time to go unwind for a bit before calling it a night!
Happy FRIDAY to you all! Hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead! <3