These Healthy Taco Salads with Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing are a must have for your dinner rotation. They’re quick and easy to put together, and are filling enough for a full meal.
I know, I know. I’ve been talking about this thing for days. It’s about time to fill you in on the goods.
So, this taco salad is one that I can absolutely foresee becoming a regular meal in our dinner rotation at home. Not only is it wicked easy to make, but it comes together in no time. Seriously. And really, there’s only three main parts to creating this beauty…
First, prepare your dressing.
Next, cook up your meat.
Then, while that’s cooking (or before, or after) prepare your salad base.
Be sure to have some extra fun toppings, if you so desire. Mexican shredded cheese + tortilla strips were necessities for us.
Throw it all together, and before you know it, you’ve got yourself one killer, healthy taco salad you can feel good about eating.
Looking to make your own now? Well here’s a recipe for ya! (Keep in mind that many of the salad base ingredients do not include measurements. I’m pretty sure you can decide what and how much of your veggie toppings you’d like on your salads).
Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1/3 cup sour cream (non-fat, low-fat, full-fat...your call)
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
- Juice from 1 lime
- Garlic powder, salt, and/or pepper, to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3/4lb lean ground beef (I used 90% lean, but feel free to sub in ground turkey or chicken too)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 cup jarred salsa
- romaine lettuce
- red onion
- shredded Mexican cheese blend
- tortilla strips
- Prepare the dressing by placing sour cream, Greek yogurt, cilantro, lime juice, and spices in blender. Blend until thoroughly combined; place in fridge while preparing the rest of the meal.
- Prepare the meat mixture. In a large skillet, saute the red bell pepper and red onion over medium heat for 5-6 minutes, until soft. Add the ground beef and chili powder and continue cooking until meat is completely browned. Add the salsa, mix to incorporate, and cook an extra minute. Set aside.
- Assemble the salad bases with romaine lettuce and veggies. Divide the meat mixture and top each of the salads with it. Add Mexican cheese and/or tortilla strips, if desired. Drizzle with creamy cilantro lime dressing.* Enjoy!
*We got 3 servings out of this recipe, but had quite a bit of dressing left over. Jay suggested pairing it with some fish tacos, which I think would be amazing.
Mmmm…I’m already excited about making this again! If you decide to give it a whirl, let me know whatcha think! :)