Hey guys! How’s your Monday been?? I missed blogging with you all this morning…boy how life changes when you’re back to work!
Even though I’m a little late to the game, I feel somewhat compelled to quickly mention some of my thoughts on last night’s Oscars.
- I was thrilled to see Natalie Portman win Best Actress (her role in Black Swan just amazed me) – and how gorgeous is she with her little baby belly?!?
- I wasn’t totally feelin’ Cate Blanchett’s dress…
- I LOVED Gwyneth Paltrow’s makeup and hair for the evening.
- I love Scarlett Johansson, but her dress reminded me of curtains, and her hair was a little too disheveled for Oscar night. Otherwise, I really like the new, shorter “do” on her!
- I thought Mila Kunis looked pretty…hubby thought she looked pretty hot.
- I actually saw more of the Best Picture nominees than I thought:
- I still need to (and want to) see quite a few of the Best Picture nominees:
The Fighter, The King’s Speech, 127 Hours, The Kids Are All Right
I better get crackin’ on that list…are any of these in Redbox yet???
Well, despite being a little bummed about heading back to reality today, I didn’t let it keep me from starting off on the right foot. I woke up nice and early for a date with my treadmill. We enjoyed a lovely 40 minutes together, covering a little over 4 miles. This morning’s run actually felt quite fantastic; MUCH better than last week’s run.
Breakfast happened on the way out the door and I didn’t snap any photos (I was too hungry to wait, and it included peanut butter so I couldn’t eat it at work). But it was another repeat from last week and was super delicious.
Lunch was a nice change of pace from my typical Monday lunches at work. I brought back an oldie but a goodie:
On Friday, I actually had this combo for dinner, but was left with a ton of leftovers, so I used some today, which included some leftover roasted zucchini, marinara sauce, low-fat ricotta cheese, and a leftover chicken tender from last night’s dinner.
I wish I thought to do this more often, because it’s SO GOOD!
Around 3:00, I was in need of a snack. I really wanted to reach into the candy stash at work, but instead, I grabbed my apple.
Yay for small victories.
I’m on my own for dinner tonight, and not feeling particularly ambitious in the kitchen, so I’m thinking tonight may be a good PB & J sandwich kinda night. Sometimes, ya just gotta keep it simple, right?
Questions for the Evening:
What were some of your favorite fashion “hits & misses” on last night’s Oscars?
How many of the “Best Picture” nominees have you seen?