Hey hey! How’s everyone’s Sunday been treating them??
Well, mine has been great! After indulging in a couple delicious Cinnamon Chip Scones this morning and afternoon,
I made sure to squeeze in a little workout. I ended up deciding on my 30 Minute Speedy Interval Run, which always kicks my butt.
Next, it was time for Jay and I to take care of one of our least favorite tasks…
Returning cans & bottles. BLECH!
Does anyone else hate doing this as much as we do??
Believe it or not, these bags are full of cans and bottles that can date back to as far as our “1st Annual Horan Summer Party.” Yes, I know that was almost 7 months ago…
Clearly, we’ve been avoiding it like the plague.
Luckily, there was only one casualty that occurred. Darn that extra 5 cents!
But check out those receipts! We got back $18.15 in returns…and were both impressed and a little embarrassed at the same time.
$9.55 in cans alone…but I promise, there were a lot of soda cans in there, too!
While we were out, I also had to make a quick trip into Sephora…
Because a few of you convinced me to splurge on the NARS Laguna bronzer! I must say, I am already in LOVE with this stuff. It goes on soooo smoothly! Thanks so much for the recommendations!
For dinner, Jay and I ended up having some grilled chicken salads, but I didn’t bother taking any photos of them because I really want to share last night’s dinner with you all!
We had our good friends, Joe & Kate, over for dinner and a movie and I made a really fantastic dish for us all: White Chicken Enchiladas.
To go with our enchiladas, Kate brought over a nice salad to share, and everything was indeed, delicious!
The recipe for the enchiladas came out of my Taste of Home Everyday Light Meals cookbook, and it is definitely going to remain in my recipe queue.
It’s not only fairly easy to make, but can easily be made ahead and just popped into the oven for when you’re ready!
White Chicken Enchiladas
(adapted from this recipe)
- 8 flour tortillas (*I used LaTortilla Factory 100 calorie)
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup fat-free milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Wrap tortillas in foil. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until softened. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, 1 tablespoon milk and cumin until smooth. Stir in chicken. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, sauté onions and red pepper until softened. Stir into chicken mixture.
- In another bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, jalapenos, cayenne and remaining milk. Stir 2 tablespoons soup mixture into chicken mixture. Place 1/3 cup of chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up.
- Place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining soup mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. ENJOY!
The creamy mixture looks so incredibly sinful, but it’s actually low in both fat and calories (not to mention, MUCH better for you than a similar recipe from a Mexican restaurant would be).
They’re pretty filling, so I actually still have one of mine leftover to enjoy during the week.
So do you guys remember that amazing chocolate caramel apple that Jay and I bought last weekend for Valentine’s Day?
Well did I mention to you guys that the apples were going for $7.00 for one, but on sale 2 for $10.00?
Well, hey, who am I to pass up a deal like that, right?!?
I’m so excited to go cut into this guy right now! Definitely the perfect ending to a Sunday evening if you ask me.
Question for the Evening:
What were some highlights of YOUR weekend?