Jay and I are headed to the Drive-In tonight! 😀 We’re meeting up with our friends Josh & Erika in a little while to grab some subs and head to the movies. I love going to the drive-in when it’s nice out. It totally makes me think back to when I was little and my parents would bring me and my brother. We’d get there super early to get the best spot, eat lots of (unhealthy) snacks, and play games like frisbee, and whiffle ball. Tonight we’re seeing Iron Man 2 and (if we can make it to movie #2) Date Night, which I really want to see!
When I found out we were heading out with friends tonight, I saw it as the perfect opportunity to do some baking! On the menu today…
Chocolate Butterscotch Cheesecake Cookies! 😛
(**You can find the recipe at the end of the post!**)
First, you mix your butter, sugars, applesauce, vanilla, and the secret ingredient! 😉
Add your eggs (1 egg & 2 egg whites) and mix well.
Gradually add in the flour, baking soda, and baking powder. *When a recipe calls for 1 tsp. baking soda, I’ll often do 1/2 tsp baking soda and 1/2 tsp baking powder. I’ve found that the baking powder tends to keep the cookies a little “puffier” 😉
Stir in your chips – today’s selections were Semi-Sweet & Butterscotch! YUMM 😛
When I make cookies, I like to use a cookie scoop, which helps ensure that all the cookies will be evenly distributed and in a nice, neat little ball of doughy bliss I got this medium sized one from Pampered Chef. It’s pretty sweet 😉
Ohh, you know I definitely had one right out of the oven!! 😀
Ok, so are you ready for the secret ingredient?!?!?!
PUDDING!! You can use any flavor you want and mix them with your favorite chips! I LOVE using the cheesecake, but I’ve also done french vanilla, chocolate fudge, and butterscotch! There’s endless possibilities!
Chocolate Butterscotch Cheesecake Cookies
– 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
– 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
– 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
– 1/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1 pkg. Jell-o pudding & pie filling, any flavor
– 1 tsp. vanilla
– 1 egg + 2 egg whites
-2-1/4 cup flour
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 12 oz. chips, any flavor (I always add a little extra to mine 😉 I did about 7 oz. of semi-sweet & 7oz. butterscotch)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Beat butter, sugars, applesauce, dry pudding mix and vanilla in large bowl with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Gradually add flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Stir in chips.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from baking sheets and cool completely on wire racks.
I’m out the door…hope you all have a great night!!