Christmas Cookies Galore!

by Courtney on December 4, 2010

How’s everyone doing on this glorious Saturday?? :-D

I got my day started nice and early to take care of some errands that needed to be done. One of which, was to stop back at my parents’ house to pick up some of the goodies I made yesterday…

Oh yes! I had to take yesterday off from work for a doctor’s appointment that took a good portion of my morning. But while I was there, I got a call from my mom asking if I’d like to come over after to do some Christmas cookie baking. Did I ever!

We had such a productive afternoon of cookie baking. And eight batches of recipes later, we had some delicious goodies on our hands. :)

IMG_6722IMG_6709

IMG_6716IMG_6719

To say I was a little “Cookied-Out” is an understatement; after consuming copious amounts of dough & cookies, my sugar coma claimed victory. But hey, it happens. Mom and I are planning our “Round 2” of cookie baking next Saturday – I guess you could say we’re feeling ambitious.

Don’t worry, I plan on featuring some of the recipes here on the blog in the next couple weeks. :-P

So after stopping home and continuing on with my errands, I needed a little something to keep my taste buds occupied.

I’m sure you may be thinking that’s a Peppermint Mocha Latte, but unfortunately, I don’t think I’ll be able to stomach those for a while. Even though I know last week’s stomach bug was in no way related to drinking one of these, it was one of the last things that I consumed before I really started to get sick. :oops:

So while I’m sure I’ll eventually work up the courage to try one again, for now, those and stuffing are on my “NO WAY” list.

Isn’t it weird how that happens? When I was in fourth grade, I got sick after eating tacos (TMI maybe, sorry). It took me over 10 years to eat a taco again. Crazy, right??

A little while ago I started to get some tummy grumbles, so I whipped together a creamy, pumpkiny-licious snack. That’s totally not even close to a word, I know.

Cottage cheese + canned pumpkin + pumpkin butter + raisins + cinnamon & nutmeg + Quaker Oatmeal Squares

Mmmmm :-P

Cody was also intrigued by it…

But then some blowing leaves quickly snagged his attention. ;)

Now I’m listening to some jolly Christmas tunes on Pandora while writing out some more Christmas cards. I have a pretty relaxing afternoon ahead of me, followed by a fun Christmas party tonight!

Question for the Day:

How are you spending YOUR Saturday?? :)

1 movesnmunchies December 4, 2010 at 1:24 pm

ive been sitting on my butt ALL day…. BUT im going out tonight- so i’m preserving my energy!! I wish I were baking cookies like you all day!

2 Shanna, like Banana December 4, 2010 at 1:25 pm

YUM! I can’t wait to have some time to do actual christmas cookie baking!

Today my hubby and I are tackling some shopping and then dinner at cute little Italian place =)

3 Liz @ Blog is the New Black December 4, 2010 at 1:38 pm

You go girl with EIGHT batches! I thought I was ambitious at 6! :) I’m sure all of your cookies will be festive and delicious, as always… :)

4 Lauren December 4, 2010 at 1:51 pm

I had the same type of incident involving the stomach flu and store bought bithday cake. For about 12 years I had only homemade cake without frosting or brownies as my “cake”.

I’m heading to my parents to bake cookies tonight!

5 Di @ http://thetreadmilldiaries.com/ December 4, 2010 at 2:04 pm

Ooh fun. I like the occasional day of baking – especially this time of year. I’m taking a quick batch of cookies out right now and then have a date for the Nutcracker tonight. So excited – it’s my first time seeing it.

6 Courtney December 4, 2010 at 3:17 pm

Sorry it always takes a little longer for your comments to show up, Di! For some reason, my blog likes to flag you as spam so I always have to go in and “approve” you! :)

7 Amy @ Second City Randomness December 4, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Ha ha… I think that’ll be my kitchen somewhat soon!

8 Samantha December 4, 2010 at 2:48 pm

Spent the morning baking brownies, pumpkin muffins, and YOUR blueberry banana bread. It is so delish!

Going out with my hubby tonight for dinner and some Christmas shopping.

9 Courtney December 4, 2010 at 2:50 pm

Oooooo sounds delicious!! So glad you like the bread. :-D

10 Heather T December 4, 2010 at 3:06 pm

Wasn’t that taco incident at my house? You were going to sleep over but then you got sick after we had tacos for dinner. Lol.

11 Courtney December 4, 2010 at 3:06 pm

YES IT WAS!!!! :-D

12 Kelly December 4, 2010 at 3:18 pm

That is definitely not crazy about the taco thing. I have almost the exact same story! I got sick one time after eating a cold taco salad when I was in elementary school and the thought of tacos still kinda puts me off. I may have to give them another go sometime soon because they sound delicious!

13 Amy December 4, 2010 at 3:20 pm

Worked earlier, hit Whole foods, now home preparing meals for the week ahead which I do part of saturday and part of Sunday.

14 Nat December 4, 2010 at 3:47 pm

Cody is a beautiful kitty!

Glad you had so much fun cookie baking! Sounds like a ton of fun!

15 Paige December 4, 2010 at 5:10 pm

Wow you guys really went to town!! I’m sure they’re all delicious!

16 sweetoothrunner December 4, 2010 at 5:25 pm

8 batches?! That’s pretty impressive! :P Can’t wait for the recipes…they look v yummy! :D

17 Jess December 4, 2010 at 8:39 pm

Those cookies look great! I spent my Saturday coaching and judging at a meet and then stopped home to visit with the family:)

18 leashieloo December 5, 2010 at 12:19 am

I haven’t done any Christmas baking yet, your cookies are giving me a hankering!

19 CaSaundra December 5, 2010 at 9:26 am

I loooove spending time with my mom in the kitchen–especially around the holidays. Can’t wait to get some of the recipes you used–they looked fabulous!