Cinnamon Chip Scones

I have a secret to share with you all…

I never used to like scones.

I always found them to be too dry, and just not quite sweet enough to satisfy my sweet tooth.

But all of that went out the window the day I made these.

This recipe for Cinnamon Chip Scones is the only one that I’ve ever had that could provide the texture and sweetness that I desire in a baked treat.

They come out so incredibly moist, I’d say they’re more comparable to a muffin-cookie combo, rather than a scone.

This recipe actually came with me from when I lived with my parents, so it’s been around for a while. I actually can’t remember the last time I made them, but I’m sure my waistline probably thanks me.

They’re decadent. And pretty much impossible to eat just one.

So if you’ve ever shunned scones like I once did, please give them another chance…

You’ll fall in love. Just like I did.

They’re good to the very last crumb. Winking smile

***********************

Start by combining your dry ingredients.

Then add in your buttermilk,

and mix until just moistened.

Next, fold in your chips. Cinnamon chips can be very difficult to find, but any chips work well in this recipe – chocolate, butterscotch, peanut butter, etc.

IMG_0472IMG_0477

Now, get those muscles ready and gently knead your dough until it’s no longer sticky.

Divide the dough in half and gently pat into 7-inch circles.

Now brush your dough circles with the metled butter and sprinkle with remaining sugar.

IMG_0481IMG_0482

Using a pizza cutter, cut each circle in your desired number of wedges,

and separate on an ungreased baking sheet.

Bake at 425 degrees for length of time matched to number of wedges in recipe above.

Mmmmm mmmmm!

I snagged one immediately after taking them out of the oven this morning and enjoyed it with a nice hot mug of coffee.

And now, if you’ll excuse me…I think it’s about time to go grab another one.

They’re too tasty to leave alone! Smile

Question for the Day:

Do you like scones??

Comments

Those look fantastic! I’m really picky about scones too, because they can definitely be too dry. If I’m drinking tea or coffee, sometimes I like to dip them in it :) LOVE THOSE CINNAMON CHIPS TOO! They’re fantastic… I’ve put them in banana bread and they just add a little something special :D

I LOVE scones! They are so good! I especially love anything with cinnamon but here’s the problem. I cannot find cinnamon chip anywhere! it’s very sad. I look every time I go to the grocery store. Love the PC baking stone by the way, they’re awesome!
    Grace recently posted..Holiday

3. Nadya says

I love them and your scones are looking delicious… so tasty :) I do them pretty much the same way, but with raisins instead of cinnamon chips. :D

Scones are one of my favorite things to eat! These look delish and i will be making them to take to work tomorrow. I have no cinnamon chips, but will sub in white chocolate chips and dried cherries. I don’t think anyone will complain :-)
    christina recently posted..Random

I’m really not a scone person.. but I’m not sure I’ve really given them a fair chance.
    Also, I did not know that cinnamon chips existed! This could get dangerous!

This post reminds me that I’ve never tried making scones before, but I am a HUGE fan of these cinnamon chips, so I should definitely put these on my to-do list this week! :-)

7. Lou Alvarado says

This post reminds me that I’ve never tried making scones before, but I am a HUGE fan of these cinnamon chips, so I should definitely put these on my to-do list this week! I’ve never had a scone now that I think of it! They are so good!
    Lou Alvarado recently posted..Arthritis Tips

8. Abaigeal says

These were a hit with the family, they gobbled them up in a day. Sooooo delicious, thank you!

p.s. you can try to make your own cinnamon chips if you look up a recipe, I’ve done it before. Works out pretty good.

9. Darcy says

I just made these scones! It was a simple recipe and they turned out delicious. I didn’t change a thing in the recipe. Will definitely make again!

10. Tasha says

I made these today after I received my yearly shipment of Hershey’s Cinnamon Chips from my mom (they’re not sold in stores where I live). This was my first time making scones of any type & it was a huge success. I will definitely be using this recipe to make many scones in the future!

Mmm! I love scones! I just made some cinnamon chip scones myself! And I’m so used to rock-hard chewy, tough, dry, BLAND scones, but finally, these changed my life!! Finally, a scone that’s buttery, tender, soft, and delicate. Mmm. Literally the best thing that I’ve made. :)

I used a slightly different recipe than yours with less flour – so the dough, and trust me when I say this, was not dry at all! I hope to try yours soon and compare!

Trackbacks

1. […]  A few weeks went by and I started craving cinnamon chip scones again.  When I found this recipe on Sweet  Tooth Sweet Life, I practically jumped for joy.  Why had I not thought of making these scones myself? Her recipe seemed so easy that there wasn’t any way I could resist trying it.  You can find the recipe here. […]