Crunch, Crunch, Crunch

It’s so nice to know I’m not the only one with a killer sweet tooth after dinner!! I loved reading all of your comments earlier and wish you all the best on your goals. I am still feeling pretty good about my decision to go the next 40 days without sweets after dinner…

We’ll see what I say a couple days from now.

On to today!!

Breakfast

I’m sure there’s no surprise here, but I’ve got a whole loaf of Banana Raisin Pumpkin Bread to be eaten, folks!

So I went for it. But this time I got smart and added a little PB to both slices. Mmmm mmmm, GOOD. Smile On the side, I had a little fuzzy peach.

IMG_0929IMG_0927

And, of course, some coffee to go!

Lunch

To some of you, my lunch may look a little lame, but I’m telling you…sometimes cereal for lunch just totally hits the spot! Who’s with me???

Today included a mix of the usuals: Kashi Go Lean Crisp, Quaker Oatmeal Squares, Multigrain Cheerios, vanilla almond milk, plus strawberries and blueberries.

It was exactly what I needed! Smile

Dinner

As soon as I got home from work, I prepped a package of chicken tenders that we bought over the weekend and let them marinate for almost two hours before cooking them up and adding them to some big ‘ol salads!

My salad included a mix of romaine, spinach, cukes, cherry tomatoes, onion, baby carrots, broccoli, red pepper, dried cranberries, and 3 chicken tenders. I drizzled my salad with the same dressing I used to marinate the chicken, Kraft Roasted Red Pepper Italian with Parmesan. It’s another one of my favorites!

On the side, Jay and I finished up the last of our beer bread. I toasted it in the toaster oven, which made it pretty difficult to bite into without obliterating the roof of my mouth.

Jay and I laughed at the fact that we both felt like all we could hear throughout our entire dinner was “CRUNCH, CRUNCH, CRUNCH!” Talk about a noisy meal! I mean really, you’d think I’d learnConfused smile

Luckily, adding a little jelly to the top helped soften things up a bit.

Deeeeelish! Smile

I can already sense my sweet tooth starting to perk up, and it certianly doesn’t help that I’m finishing up a batch of chocolate chip cookie cups for my mother-in-law.

I’m hoping a warm mug of White Chocolate Kisses tea will keep any temptations subsided.

That, and the fact that I get to laugh all evening with my favorite Wednesday night sitcoms!! Open-mouthed smile

Question for the Day:

What are some of your favorite after dinner snacks…that aren’t baked goods or sugary sweets??

I’m going to need some ideas! Smile

Comments

That tea should definitely curb your craving – I also like peppermint green tea (from Trader Joe’s). And I know it’s not sweet, but popcorn actually satisfies my snack craving after supper. The perfect amount of saltiness helps me forget about sugar. Enjoy your night! :)

I’m looking forward to other people’s comments because I have the same issue with sweets! Does straight up banana soft serve count? I mean, it’s just a banana, right?
    Melissa recently posted..CtrlAltDelete

Fresh pineapple w a sprinkle of granola or a banana with a handful of walnuts def hit the spot for me. Alternatively, de-skin a banana and stick it in the freezer. Once frozen spread it w peanut butter & eat like an ice lolly! Orrrr a tspn of dark choc pb. Good luck

4. tj says

No sweet recipes for 40 days. Guess that makes it easy for me to give up making sweets then. Good thing I made brownies yesterday lol. Will make larger dinners to compensate. Maybe I’ll send daily pics from my local bakery, just 4 u, cause I’m mean like that. :o

Sometimes I like to have a banana, sliced in half, then topped with a bit of peanut butter and warmed in the microwave – such a warm delicious treat! Also lately I’ve been having the Chobani Champions honey-nana yogurt for dessert — w/ chocolate chips (which obviously you could omit) — it’s the perfect size for a post dinner treat!
    Stephanie @cookinfanatic recently posted..Jambalaya!

6. Whitney says

I don’t keep sweets in the house because I would go crazy and eat them all! When I want something sweet I usually pour a small glass of almond milk because it tastes like a milkshake to me! :)

Cereal for lunch sounds great… i LOVE the combo you got going too!! I like to have cereal for dessert, and also a banana or apple with pb is always pretty tasty! Another thing is graham crackers with pumpkin butter!!

8. Shayla says

If I’m trying to stay away from cookies and sugary desserts, I love having a spoonful of peanut butter (especially when it’s your Blizzard Butter! :)) For some reason that really helps squelch my sweet tooth…..it’s a bit sweet and feels indulgent without it being a sugary dessert. Or what also works for me is either a handful of nuts, a banana, or frozen red grapes. Have you ever frozen grapes? They’re really good and taste like a sweet yummy frozen treat! I also like dried fruit like prunes…this may sound really weird but they’re super good with peanut butter spread on them, trust me! :)

• Courtney says

Hahaha, anything is good if you spread a little peanut butter on it. Especially if it’s Blizzard Butter! ;)
      But those all sound quite tasty! I’ve actually never tried the frozen grapes idea…

• Shayla says

Yes especially Blizzard Butter – the best ever!! :)
        Ooo you gotta try frozen grapes….they’re a nice lil sweet treet! Another sweet treat I like (I have many! :) ) are the pre-portioned sugar-free chocolate jello pudding snacks. They’re quite tasty, only 60 calories, and no sugar! I like to put in some PB puffins or some kind of cereal to make it a lil more indulgent without it really being :)