Bombers Burritos and Margaritas

by Courtney on April 6, 2011

Sometimes, there’s nothing like a night out with one of your best girlfriends to lift your spirits and put you in a fantastic mood!

Tonight, Sarah and I headed out to dinner at a popular local restaurant, Bombers Burrito Bar.

If you live anywhere near the Albany area, then I’m sure you’ve probably heard of Bombers before. They’ve got some phenomenal food, and some even better margaritas!

Sarah and I arrived fairly early, so we grabbed a table (which is hard to do if you arrive any later than 6 or 7pm) and ordered ourselves a couple margaritas.

My margarita of choice was the Bahama Mama, which included my beloved Malibu rum. I am a total sucker for Malibu!

Sarah decided on the “Jimbo,” which is actually half frozen margarita and half beer.

Yes, you read that correctly! I know it sounds weird, and I was pretty apprehensive myself, but I’m telling you. This thing was good!!

We both thoroughly enjoyed sipping on our margaritas while chatting away about anything and everything.

Wait, haven’t I seen this picture before?? Winking smile

Bombers actually holds quite a special place in our hearts, so it was so fun to reminisce and see what a better place we’re both in now, compared to what we were years before. This was actually a pretty important motto for us tonight:

As bad as things may seem at the time, they will always get better. Smile

Eventually, we realized the tequila may have been doin’ a little talking, so it was time to order some food!

I ordered my favorite, the Pulled BBQ Pork burrito, light on the cheese.

As I’m sure you can probably see, these burritos are no joke. I almost feel a little like Adam Richman from Man vs. Food when tackling these things. Winking smile

While I have been known to house a full one of these in one sitting, I thought better of it and limited my portion to half. Actually, I have no idea how I ever ate a full one of these in one sitting…it’s kind of embarrassing to think about. Embarrassed smile

On the side, Sarah and I both made sure to order our favorite sweet potato fries. What can I say, I’m a sucker for the things.

And since we knew we were still going to be there for a while, we ordered ourselves another drink. This time, it was a Magic Hat #9 Seasonal.

At first, I wasn’t too fond of the taste, but after a few more sips it actually turned out to be a pretty tasty brew. I’m sure the sweetness of the margarita beforehand had something to do with my initial shock in taste.

Sarah and I sat and chatted for over 3 hours tonight, and I must say that it was definitely a much needed night out.

We had a bit of a hard time realizing we should look at the camera and not ourselves…so we gave up. Haha, oops! Winking smile

We had such a blast and decided that we definitely need to make it a more frequent thing! Smile

Now, it’s getting to be past my bedtime, so I’ll catch ya’ll tomorrow!!

1 Sarah @ healthygirlrunning April 6, 2011 at 10:50 pm

Omg! That burrito looks amaaaaaazing! I love how the serve it in that big tin! :)

2 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles April 6, 2011 at 10:59 pm

What a fun night! I’ve heard of the margarita/beer combo before – gotta try that soon!

3 Cynthia (It All Changes) April 6, 2011 at 11:01 pm

My favorite thing about Bombers is they customize for anyone. I went and had a vegan gluten free bowl that was fantastic while everyone else downed burritos. I loved the options.
Cynthia (It All Changes) recently posted..Butt Meets Car Seat Goals

4 Khushboo April 6, 2011 at 11:25 pm

Those chips look delicious! I love malibu too- my friends always laugh at me when i order it because apparently it’s not a ‘real’ drink!

5 Sarah April 6, 2011 at 11:30 pm

I wish I had a restaurant like that around here!
I have never heard of a margarita/ beer combo.. sounds weird but looks GOOD!
I will have to make sure to give it a try if i ever see it on a menu!

Also, those burritos and fries look killer!
Sarah recently posted..Yummy Package

6 Hannah (Hannah Lives) April 7, 2011 at 2:08 am

The “Jimbo” is basically what we call a Beergarita in these parts! My friends and I blend up a big batch of margaritas and stir in beer! It’s the best of both worlds!
Hannah (Hannah Lives) recently posted..ONE Coconut Water is a Lifesaver Giveaway

7 Foxy April 7, 2011 at 4:13 am

Boozy girls dinners are the best! Glad you had fun :)
Foxy recently posted..Meat-Free Monday- Egyptian Koushari

8 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries April 7, 2011 at 7:19 am

It looks like you had fun! I went out with my best friends last night, too and it’s JUST what I needed. Sometimes, laughing with a friend makes all the not-so-good things seem less bad. If that makes any sense!
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..If Money Grew on Trees

9 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine April 7, 2011 at 7:51 am

I’ve had something similar to that beer drink before- Corona with lime juice and salt. It was surprisingly delicious!!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..A Long Walk- The More-Fitness Half Marathon

10 Brittney April 7, 2011 at 8:06 am

Hehe, I love Man vs. Food, even if it does make me cringe a lot of the time! That burrito looks excellent!
Brittney recently posted..Hoping For Change

11 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun April 7, 2011 at 8:26 am

That burrito looks amazing! I love pulled pork and Mexican so coupling the two is genius. And all with sweet potato fries, beer, and margaritas. Please take me there!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Self-Love Reflections- Outward Beauty

12 Courtney April 7, 2011 at 10:23 am

Come visit!!!!! We’ll go ANYTIME! :-D

13 miranda @working mom works out April 7, 2011 at 8:38 am

Looks like fun. And the burritos look delicious. I’m glad I’m not the only one that indulges in a margarita every now and again.

And I so feel you about looking back and wondering how I ate a whole portion. That happens to me quite often. Knowing when to say when is a huge part of heathy.

14 Kimberley April 7, 2011 at 8:43 am

That place looks super cute! I love going for Mexican with my girlfriends!
Kimberley recently posted..Pre-Breakfast

15 Lisa @ Healthy Diaries April 7, 2011 at 8:44 am

I love a good girls night out! That burrito is huge and it looks really good! Too bad we don’t have a Bombers Burrito Bar here in Chicago!
Lisa @ Healthy Diaries recently posted..I get to eat what I want!

16 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) April 7, 2011 at 9:15 am

I LOVE a good bahama mama especially on a cruise ;) Looks like such a fun girls night out. That pork burrito looks massive!!! O_O I could probably eat the whole thing. Maybe…But there would be massive tummy ache.
Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) recently posted..Party Weekend!

17 Melissa April 7, 2011 at 9:48 am

What a fun girly night! Love those!

Don’t worry, I am confident that I could put down that whole burrito, too. Not that I need that much food, but I am definitely guilty of overdoing it with stuff like that. Nice work controlling yourself! ;)

18 Kelly April 7, 2011 at 10:21 am

What a fun night out! Sometimes girl time is just what the doctor ordered.
Kelly recently posted..winner winner chicken dinner

19 Holly April 7, 2011 at 10:58 am

SO fun! You two are so cute :)
I actually think the half beer/ half margarita sounds pretty good…and I don’t even drink tequila!
Holly recently posted..Humira Injections

20 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey April 7, 2011 at 1:00 pm

That burrito is huge!! When I was in college, after a night out, I could put back some major food. So gross to think about it now!

21 Kristen April 7, 2011 at 1:42 pm

I love going out with my girlfriends. Most of the time we laugh so hard we cry haha

22 CaSaundra April 8, 2011 at 10:09 am

I always say I am only going to eat half a burrito at Qdoba’s, but my appetite usually gets the best of me–looks like you girls had a blast though! :-)