Full Of Fruits

by Courtney on April 7, 2011

Even after only eating half of last night’s jumbo burrito, I still woke up feeling pretty full this morning.

I’m sure that the margarita + beer + sweet potato fries probably also had something to do with that…

My sluggishness wasn’t putting me in much of a mood to exercise, but I knew I’d feel better if I did, so I suited up to get ready for a light workout. I decided on Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred, followed up with a quick 1-mile run on the treadmill. I debated on throwing in some yoga, but this was really all I was in the mood to do today.

Fortunately, the workout got the tummy ready for some breakfast…and a good one at that!

I toasted up a slice of Nature’s Pride Hearty Wheat with Flax bread that I received through the Foodbuzz Tastemaker program. I’ve had this bread a few times already without mentioning it on the blog, and it is REALLY good!

On top of the toast went some pumpkin, peanut butter, pear slices, and a dash of cinnamon. The sweetness of the pear plus the cinnamon totally brought me back to the days where my mom would make me the best-ever cinnamon-sugar toast. That stuff used to be my jam! Smile

Along with my toast, I snacked on the rest of my pear with a little extra peanut butter for dipping.

And, of course, some coffee. Check it out! It’s finally getting closed to iced coffee weather! Winking smile

A few hours later, after taking care of a lot of stuff, it was time for some lunch. I really wasn’t in the mood for much more than a smoothie and a muffin, so I went with it!

These Lemon-Raspberry Muffins are addicting!! Disappointed smile

My smoothie was another Strawberry-Banana Green Monster, but this time, I decided to add a little extra ground flaxseed meal + chia seeds.

‘Twas a good choice indeed! Smile

After further examining my breakfast and lunch (because I’m cool like that), I realized that I’ve got a pretty good start on my fruit variety for the day:

• pears
  • raspberry
  • lemon
  • strawberry
  • banana

Not too shabby, ehh?

Now if only I could do that with my veggies, too… Winking smile

**Did ya see that I switched up my “Featured Recipes” over to the left?? I decided to bring back some oldies but goodies!

Question for the Day:

What are your favorite fruit combinations??

I’m a big fan of strawberry/banana, but I also love mixing tropical fruits such as pineapple/papaya/mango, too!

1 Chelsea April 7, 2011 at 2:25 pm

I think a green monster is exactly what I need today! My favorite fruit combo is strawberry kiwi :))

2 Michelle @ Living Learning Earning April 7, 2011 at 2:26 pm

I love the traditional strawberry-banana combo too! Lately I’ve also been enjoying a berry-cherry-grape mixture. So spring-like! Oh, and those banana cupcakes sound (and look) delicious!
Michelle @ Living Learning Earning recently posted..Making Me Happy Monday

3 Tara @ The Game of Life April 7, 2011 at 2:33 pm

My mom used to make really good cinnamon toast too!! That sounds soo good now ha. Your breakfast looks great :) My favorite fruit combos are strawberries, grapes, and blueberries!
Tara @ The Game of Life recently posted..Inspiration

4 Alyssa Kuminski April 7, 2011 at 2:36 pm

i make cinnamon sugar toast all the time for the girls i nanny for and they love it! i havent had it in a while though… time to bring it back!
Alyssa Kuminski recently posted..Peanut Butter Lovin

5 Erica April 7, 2011 at 2:39 pm

i love the strawberry/banana combo too!
Erica recently posted..birthdays- hikes- and whales…oh my!

6 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl April 7, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Love the new spot for featured recipes. Makes me want some of those Turtle Graham Bars. I have company coming tomorrow and wanted to bake for them. If I have time, I’ll have to use one of your recipes!
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Leftovers for Breakfast!

7 Stefanie @TheNewHealthy April 7, 2011 at 2:46 pm

Ohh I used to love cinnamon-sugar toast growing up! It was the best ever!

8 Kelly April 7, 2011 at 2:59 pm

My favorite fruit combination is definitely strawberry banana. Definitely. I pretty much like all fruit but I hate blackberries only because I can’t stand the seeds.
Kelly recently posted..winner winner chicken dinner

9 Courtney April 7, 2011 at 4:10 pm

ME TOO!

10 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles April 7, 2011 at 3:07 pm

I love lemon & blueberries. My sister makes a fabulous lemon cheesecake with fresh blueberries on top – it’s so fresh!

11 Courtney April 7, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Good call! I’m currently loving the lemon Chobani mixed with blueberries. YUM! :)

12 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries April 7, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Strawberry banana is my favorite – but I like it to be more banana-y than strawberry-y :)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..If Money Grew on Trees

13 Anita April 7, 2011 at 3:38 pm

That breakfast looks just perfect for this time of year! I’m also glad to hear that I’m not the only one who gets totally excited for iced coffee season… my favorite! :)
Anita recently posted..A Beach Bonfire

14 Kate Horning April 7, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Those muffins look delicious! Fav fruit combo+ blueberries +coconut yum@
Kate Horning recently posted..Spring Tabbouleh Salad

15 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) April 7, 2011 at 4:25 pm

DANg! lots of fruits so early in the day! hmm i think banana and pb.. oh wait.. peanut butter isnt a fruit? DANG…!
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..YOU BETTA READ!

16 Courtney April 7, 2011 at 4:55 pm

LOL! ;)

17 Jess@atasteofconfidence April 7, 2011 at 4:33 pm

strawberry/banana is definitely up there for me, too!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..media schmedia

18 Kimberley April 7, 2011 at 4:39 pm

I am loving mangoes and peaches in my smoothies right now… delicious :)
Kimberley recently posted..Pre-Breakfast

19 Alexa @ Simple Eats April 7, 2011 at 4:46 pm

I LOVE mango and pineapple, blackberry and mango…pretty much anything with mango :)
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..Sweet or Salty

20 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) April 7, 2011 at 7:34 pm

I love strawberry and banana too. Blueberries and strawberries are always a fun combination. Glad it’s getting close to ice coffee weather :D
Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) recently posted..Party Weekend!

21 Karen April 7, 2011 at 8:57 pm

I do love strawberry/banana too and I also love peach/blueberry! The sweet peaches paired with tart blueberries are so yummy!
Karen recently posted..Stylish Blogger Award

22 Sarah April 7, 2011 at 10:27 pm

mmm that pear looks yummy! I haven’t had any since the summer i think, I will have to pick some up soon :)
Sarah recently posted..Yummy Package

23 Courtney April 7, 2011 at 10:29 pm

They are SO GOOD right now!! :)

24 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] April 8, 2011 at 1:20 am

I signed up for the Tastemaker Program… did you ever get a confirmation when you did? How long before you got something in the mail? That breads sounds yummy :)
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..Vitamin D Therapy

25 Courtney April 8, 2011 at 9:48 am

I don’t think I got any sort of confirmation…but I honestly can’t really remember! Sorry, Hil! :(