I’m A Heckler

I think today I’ve discovered that I not only love hitting up the gym at 5:45, but I ALSO love getting my grocery shopping done before 8am on a weekday. The place is practically empty!

My only bummer was that I got stuck with a crabby cashier who tried to ruin my mojo by giving me a hard time about my coupons. It’s a dollar…c’mon already.

Last Night

As I mentioned yesterday, we had our first softball game of the season last night. Since our early games are at 6:15, it sometimes makes for a difficult dinner situation. Too much food, and I’ll be slugging myself around the outfield. Not enough food and I’m draggin’ my feet around ready to gnaw off my right arm. SO, before leaving the house I snacked on some almond butter and jelly on a piece and a half of potato bread.

And a few bites of cantaloupe.

But really, who cares because hey…we won our first game! Open-mouthed smile

Did ya know I was a catcher? Winking smile

I’d have to say my favorite part of being a catcher is heckling the batters…mwahahaha.

By the time we got home, I was pretty hungry, so I made myself a bowl of Kashi Go Lean Crisp with vanilla almond milk. Then, I proceeded to go back out to the kitchen and eat an unknown (but surely enormous) amount of handfuls straight from the box.

Apparently, I wasn’t the only one who was craving some cereal…this guy would not back down!

It’s a good thing he’s cute…

This morning was another awesome BodyPump class, followed up with a little cardio action:

• 1-mile treadmill run (steady @ 6.5mph)
  • 25 mins elliptical (using the interval program setting)

Super Schweddy…super awesome. I sorta feel bad for anyone that came near me in the grocery store. Woops.

I was so totally indecisive this morning…I still don’t even know if this was what I wanted. Hmmph.

Some strawbs & ‘loupe.

And a toasted Van’s waffle with TJ’s almond butter, chia seeds, cinnamon, and a drizzle of maple syrup.

I decided to keep things light because a) when I’m indecisive like this, it’s pretty much guaranteed I’ll want to go back for something else shortly after, and b) I have some super ripe bananas that need to be baked into something delicious.

Hopefully I can at least make a decision on what to bake. Winking smile

Question for the Morning:

What’s your favorite time to grocery shop?

I love grocery shopping early in the morning, too, because shopping in solitude in nice. But I’ve found that I miss a lot of sales and reduced items that only get marked later in the day! So now it just depends on my schedule.

Potato bread! I haven’t had that stuff since I was a little kid! I used to love it, and I’ve totally forgotten about it. Thanks for reminding me :)

I bet you’re fierce on the softball field. Just like Cody with your cereal! Strangely, my cat hates milk, and won’t go near it…
    Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Creamy Avocado Pasta

Awww Cody! My cat always loves when I have cereal too because she knows I will usually let her have a taste of the milk after I’m all done with the good stuff :)

I love grocery shopping in the morning!! I dont do it often but when I do it feels so good because Ive accomplished more then just my workout and I have a few extra minutes after work to spend doing somthing other then “necessities”
    Brooke recently posted..Carrots N Cake Book!

I often find myself in the grocery store after sweaty workouts and feel bad for anyone in my wake! 😉

My favorite time to shop is early in the morning, too. Unfortunately, I don’t get to do that very often, but it’s a treat when I do!

I played softball last year on a team at work and it was SO much fun! I wish I could have found a league in NYC in time!! My favorite part of softball was the cheering slash heckling, too. I got called ruthless in our playoff game. You have to try the “two down one to go I said two down one to go!” cheer. I got the boys on my team into it! 😉
    courtney @ cupcakedynamite recently posted..may firsts

My favorite time to grocery shop is Saturday mid-morning or Friday after Peter gets home from work. Crazy, huh? But its the only time I can go without the kids so its worth the crowds. LOL

And funny you mention the sweatiness at the store. I went before showering after my long run this past Saturday. The bag boy asked if I was a marathon runner or something. At first I figured it was just the race shirt I had on…but then thought maybe I smelled bad enough to warrant him thinking I was an insane runner. Oops! 😀
    Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Self-Love Reflection- Eating Naturally

Grocery shopping in the morning is the best!! I hate grocery shopping crowds!

Keith and I played our 4th game on Sunday night! We won 13-6!! It was a fun game!
    Kelly recently posted..music and food

I can tell you the worst time to shop is Sunday afternoons! I’m pretty sure that when all the grandmas and grandpas of the world do their shopping. Don’t get me wrong, I love all the grandmas and grandpas…I just don’t want to shop with them!!!
    That’s so fun that you play softball. My friends and I are just about to start in a kickball league…how funny is that? Adult kickball!

I love getting all my errands done in the morning. The grocery store is nice and empty in the mornings and there’s no one getting antsy because your walking too slow for their liking.

I haven’t played softball in years, I think it might be time for a game sometime soon.
    Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Goldfish for breakfast!

Oh I’m always so indecisive about my meals- I keep going back & forth ha! Grocery shopping first thing in the morning is the best- the earlier the better…no queues, fresh stock, and then it’s out of the way!
    Khushboo recently posted..Rock-bottom motivation

11. Steph says

Just like you I love to go early in the morning. Usually after my early gym workout I go (sweatily – don’t judge) and can make it back home before 8. Seriously there is no one in the store so I can get in and out in no time. Plus isn’t it nice to know that you’ve accomplished more in the time before most have had their cup of coffee :)

I love the pics of you playing softball. Catchers are so hard core. Doesn’t that mask make you feel tough? I was a catcher for a hot second back in the elementary school softball days and I always felt super cool :-)

I love early morning grocery shopping. I must say though, it’s never quite completely “enjoyable” in NYC. I never complain BUT there is always something going on at the grocery store, no matter WHAT time of day. Someone’s always stocking shelves or something random that interferes with the whole peaceful experience. But when I’m home in NE, def love the early morning grocery shop.
    Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..The Budget Diet Kitchen Raid- Snooki Inspired- Sometimes Healthy Approved

When I played soft ball I was always a heckler too! I usually pitched, but if I was in the infield I was quite the heckler! lol!! I don’t have a favorite time to shop but I do refuse to shop on the weekend! I hate how busy it is!!
    Chelsea recently posted..Busy Weekend!

I went to the grocery store this morning post-workout as well! I keep my head down because I’m scared I’ll see someone I know ahaha :) I’m all sweaty with matted hair. It’s delightful. So yes, my favorite time to grocery shop is early in the morning!
    Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Sunshine State

agreed on morning workouts being the best. i’m not a morning person whatsoever, but I now love getting my workout done before work…plus it makes my morning coffee taste ten times better.

congrats on the first win of the softball season. i’m on a touch football team and we’ve won twice…both times because the other teams didn’t show. but hey, a win’s a win, right?
    Lindsey recently posted..Saturday Sleeper Team

I love, love, love going grocery shopping early on in the day and during a week day. In NYC grocery stores are a complete nut show, the aisles get so packed because they are so small. Therefore I am forced to shop at the very large Whole Foods around the city, but I cannot complain about that :)

Congrats on winning the game! Looks like fun, especially in this nice Spring weather!
    Rachel @ The Perseverance Diaries recently posted..Good News but Still Confused

17. Shayla says

I absolutely love grocery shopping in the morning too! I sometimes try to go after I work out around 7:15am and it’s so nice to have it empty and to get it out of the way before I go to work!

Btw, I just got caught up on all my blog reading and wanted to say congrats on your 10k! Looks like you had fun and I would love to run one sometime too :)

Grocery shopping in the a.m. is the best. Unfortunately, it rarely happens- usually end up going right after work (along with everyone else) or around 8:30 at night (with all the college kids). Hopefully I’ll get into the a.m. shopping routine when I’m off work for the summer.
    Brenda @Year 25 recently posted..Weeks 12-14- Breaking the News

i love going grocery shopping late at night. the only bad thing is sometimes the shelves aren’t stocked, or we walk in in the middle of re-stocking and there are just carts and boxes everywhere!

after work is the worse! SO CROWDED!

WHOAA – I have never had potato bread before but it looks super good and thick!

I would like to get my grocery shopping done when there is practically no crowd, but it always seems like I go during the most crowded time of the day/week
    Ally (oatsandspice) recently posted..Pictures Say 1000 Words

21. Annmarie says

Sometimes after midnight shifts at the hospital I will go to the grocery store with my coupons! I find it’s MUCH easier to use a big stack of coupons when there aren’t one hundred people in line behind you breathing down your neck! Seriously people, chil out, and let me save some mon-ay!

I usually hit the store on friday or sunday morning. I prefer to go on Friday morning as they are stocking the shelves for the weekend shoppers, but I like going on Sunday mornings because it means I will have someone to help me unload all the groceries when I get home! 😀
    Lindsay recently posted..HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD

23. Jen says

Not to sound totally stalkerish, but I saw you playing Monday night. My boyfriend was playing on the field next to you guys (that might actually be him, way in the background of your pic). Glad you won! (They did too! :)