There Was Nothing To Blog About

by Courtney on July 26, 2011

Would you believe that I actually had nothing to blog about last night? Nothing.

I know, talk about a shocker!

But as I sat down yesterday evening after eating dinner I realized, “Wow, I really have nothing to talk about at all tonight.” I thought about reaching to come up with something but then I decided that in this situation, no post would be better than a crappy post.

How do all of you guys feel about posts…quality vs. quantity?

*****

Anyways, part of the reason I had nothing to chat with ya’ll about last night was because dinner was just some not-so-exciting leftovers. Delicious, yes. Exciting, not really.

I had a piece of Sunday night’s leftover pizza along with a big ‘ol mixed veggie salad. Despite yesterday’s delicious breakfast and lunch, I was still craving some veggies.

Workout

This morning, I woke up pretty sore from yesterday’s BodyCombat class and not all that excited to workout. Usually once I get going I’m fine, but today required a little extra effort to get motivated.

Sometimes when I’m lacking the motivation, incorporating an old workout will do the trick, so I rummaged through some of my old routines and came up with 30 Minute Calorie Blast. I don’t even remember when the last time was that I did this, but it was a good one!

I followed up the run with some deadlifts (15 reps x 3 sets using two 15lb dumbbells) and a little extra stretching before deciding to call it a day. That was enough for me.

Breakfast

I am currently obsessed with blueberries.

I mean, why can’t blueberries always be in season? Really. They’re just so darn awesome. Especially when they’re mixed into a lemon flavored Chobani

And incorporated into my “Wouldn’t Know They’re Healthy” Blueberry Muffins.

Don’t be surprised to see more blueberries make an appearance at lunch today. Winking smile

Oh, and don’t worry. I’m still obsessed with iced coffee too.

Since we got pummeled with rain yesterday afternoon, I never got a chance to make it out to Plato’s Closet to try to sell some of our old clothes, so that’s where I’m headed this morning….riiiiight after I shower.

Wish me luck! I’ll let ya’ll know how I make out this afternoon.

*****

The Great Fundraising Act Update:

Combined auction winning bids + PayPal donations made a grand total of $26,432! Absolutely unbelievable. Thank you so very much to everyone who contributed and showed their support!

And another special THANK YOU to “Stacey,” for bidding an amazing $100.00 for my Crackled Sugar Cookies package!! WOW!

*****

It’s TIME! Open-mouthed smile

WOULD YOU RATHER…

• Drink only water and alcohol for the rest of your life -OR- drink anything other than alcohol for the rest of your life?
  • Drink black coffee -OR- only eat dry cereal?
  • Have a freakishly huge smile -OR- a freakishly small nose?

1 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey July 26, 2011 at 9:28 am

I love water, but am not really an alcohol personso I can’t answer that one!

I would rather drink black coffee.

And I would rather have a huge smile!!! :)

2 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss July 26, 2011 at 9:31 am

I’d rather…

-Drink only water and alcohol for the rest of my life
-Drink black coffee (need that milk in my cereal!)
-Have a freakishly huge smile… duh! ;)

And I totally believe in quality over quantity. I feel like I’m wasting my own time as well as my readers’ time when I throw something lackluster out there.

3 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers July 26, 2011 at 9:31 am

water + alcohol, dry cereal, and HUGE SMILE (a la julia roberts).

Also, I ALWAYS support quality posts over just posting for the sake of posting. No need to write nonsense for the sake of it.

4 Faith @ For the Health of It July 26, 2011 at 9:31 am

Quality all the way!

Lets see, as for your would you rathers – water + alcohol please (unless I’m not allowed to have mixers with the alcohol – heh!), black coffee since I always drink it black, and huuuuge smile!

5 kate July 26, 2011 at 9:31 am

I definitely vote for quality over quantity and that salad looks so amazing and colorful!

6 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 26, 2011 at 9:32 am

Do I spy pickles in your salad?? I love pickles, but I’ve never put them in my salad… is this something that I should be trying?! :)

1. Drink anything other than alcohol… I like a glass of wine or beer on occasion, but I don’t drink all that much.
2. Black coffee.. I only put a splash of milk in now, so it wouldn’t be a big deal.
3. A huge smile, of course! Then everyone will know how happy I am! ;)

7 Courtney July 26, 2011 at 10:03 am

YES! I love pickles on everything, especially salads! :)

8 chloe @ 321delish July 26, 2011 at 9:33 am

it may not be super exciting but your combination of lemon chobani and blueberries was genius haha. I love lemon and blueberries but never thought to combine using yogurt!

9 gabriella @ embracement July 26, 2011 at 9:33 am

water and alcohol
black coffee (thats what i drink anyway and i NEVER put milk in my cereal so its a win win either way)
huge smile

10 Katie @ running4cupcakes July 26, 2011 at 9:38 am

I love pickles on my salad too! And we totally had the same dinner: pizza and salads!

I would rather:
Anything other than alcohol
Dry cereal (that’s already how I eat it!)
Huge smile

11 Samantha @ Running and Cupcakes July 26, 2011 at 9:47 am

The first thing I noticed was the pickles in your salad – being a giant pickle lover, I am surprised to have to say that I have never tried that! But I will! I love the lemon chobani with blueberries too – I put Kashi Heart to Heart in it sometimes too (I think I got that idea from you? I get a lot of my ideas from you!).

Quality over quantity any day – that’s why I don’t write every day, and I almost never write more than once a day (of course, I can’t really find the time given this silly little thing called work!).

I would stick with water and alcohol for the rest of my life (I hope beer and wine count in that department!)

Black coffee – I have to have milk in my cereal!

Huge smile – mine’s already pretty big, and I’m fine with that!

12 Courtney July 26, 2011 at 10:04 am

Yes! Love Heart to Heart in my yogurt :-D

13 Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories July 26, 2011 at 9:49 am

I don’t think you should ever feel like you have to force a post, but I never get tired of reading your posts, so basically, I guess I’m saying it’s up to you! If you have something to say, I bet most of us would like to read it. :)

14 Samantha @ Running and Cupcakes July 26, 2011 at 10:05 am

ABSOLUTELY! I’m always behind in my blog reading, but not STSL! I read everytime there’s a new post.

I’m like a non-creepy STSL stalker!

15 Samantha July 26, 2011 at 9:50 am

I love you Would You Rather questions!! Time for me to jump into this action. I would rather….

-Drink only water and alcohol for the rest of my life
-Eat only dry cereal
-Have a freakishly huge smile!! :)

And I’m so happy about TGFA!!

16 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries July 26, 2011 at 9:50 am

I love alcohol on the weekends, and I’m not ashamed to admit that.

Dry ceral is a-okay with me!

I’ve been told I have a Cindy Loo Who nose – like from the grinch. It’s cute on a baby – not on an grown ass woman. So maybe I already have a freakishly small nose? But I’d rather have a big smile :D

17 Courtney July 26, 2011 at 10:05 am

Awwww, should I call you Cindy now?? ;)

18 sweet and savvy July 26, 2011 at 9:51 am

No alcohol, dry cereal, And a huge smile.:)

19 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake July 26, 2011 at 9:54 am

No alcohol, dry cereal, small nose!

20 briana July 26, 2011 at 9:54 am

LOVE that you put pickles in your salad, people think I’m weird when I do that! I’d drink water and alcohol forever, only eat dry cereal and have a small nose!

21 Diana July 26, 2011 at 10:06 am

I would drink anything other than alcohol forever – initially I was going to say only water & alcohol but then I remembered COFFEE!! Which I cannot live without.

Dry cereal, absolutely, that’s not even bad at all!

I already have a huge smile so I’ll stick with what I’m workin’ with! :)

22 Lindsey July 26, 2011 at 10:10 am

I agree, blueberries are my absolute favorite!

I think quality over quantity for sure :)

Drink anything but alcohol for sure! I know I could do without it.

Dry cereal, I don’t mind it at all!

Freakishly huge smile! A small nose would be noticed all the time, a smile only most of the time ;)

23 Bethany July 26, 2011 at 10:12 am

Drink anything other than alcohol…I don’t need to drink, it just makes me sick!
Only dry cereal, that’s mostly what I eat anyways. I hardly use milk on my cereal!
Huge smile, smiles are contagious ;)

24 Molly Carter July 26, 2011 at 10:18 am

I’d rather drink anything other than alcohol (can’t live without water!), drink black coffee, and have a huge smile.

25 Cindy July 26, 2011 at 10:24 am

Your dinner from last night looks great! That salad is soooo colorful! We’ve been out of salad fixings this past week, so I think I’m gonig to have a salad beast for dinner tonight after seeing your dinner!

26 Aine @ Something to Chew Over July 26, 2011 at 10:29 am

1. This is tough… tea is a daily necessity but I love a glass of wine at the weekend. Can’t choose!

2. I’d rather eat dry cereal as I do that anyway!

3. Huge smile, that’s a good thing not freakish :)

27 Leanne (Bride to Mrs.) July 26, 2011 at 10:32 am

1) drink anything other then alcohol for the rest of my life
2) dry cereal
3) huge smile

I think quality > quantitiy!

28 Emily July 26, 2011 at 10:43 am

1. water and alcohol, please. (no, i’m not a drunk. haha.)
2. Dry cereal. I love my coffee but not straight up.
3. Freakishly huge smile. “Smiling, it’s my favorite.”

29 Mary July 26, 2011 at 10:46 am

Hi Courtney,
I think that you made a great blog out of nothing to blog about. Everyone has leftovers once in a while and yours look healthy and good!

1. Water and Alcohol
2. I could go for either. I love coffee black, with milk or with cream. Dry cereal is just fine by me too.
3. Huge smile

30 colleen July 26, 2011 at 10:50 am

1.Drink only water and alcohol. I gave up all other drinks about a year ago so it wouldn’t be much of a change.
2.Drink black coffee
3.Have a huge smile-my sister is my dentist so I need to keep her in business! :)

31 Melissa @ Will Work for Veggies July 26, 2011 at 10:53 am

Drink water and alcohol for sure… I loooove mixed drinks, and making them for friends! Black coffee over dry cereal, without a doubt. And a big smile over a small nose… even though I’d like a small nose, I have a big smile (for my face) and I always get complimented on it. It’s even helped me get jobs in the past! So yes, big smile ftw!

32 Tara Burner July 26, 2011 at 11:11 am

drink anything other than alcohol –I haven’t had an alcoholic drink in 9 yrs!
eat dry cereal–i’ve never tasted coffee
guess i’ll go w/the huge smile

33 Kristen July 26, 2011 at 11:16 am

That 2nd question is funny to me because I exclusively drink my coffee black and my cereal dry=)

34 Deirdre Cusack July 26, 2011 at 11:18 am

water and alcohol, dry cereal (im lactose intolerant!) and a huge smile (which i have anyway)

your iced coffee pictures always make me want to have another glass of ice coffee…. uh oh

35 Alexa @ Simple Eats July 26, 2011 at 11:28 am

These are getting harder and harder but I love ‘em!
1. Drink anything other than alcohol…I could live off seltzer!
2. I’d drink black coffee!
3. I’d want a huge smile!!

36 Jessica @ Bake a Little July 26, 2011 at 11:29 am

I Love these would you rathers
1) anything other than alch
2) Black coffee, I don’t drink coffee so it would be like I wasn’t giving up anything!
3) I already have a freakishly large smile and its working for me :) Id stick with it.

37 Niki (Life's a Payne) July 26, 2011 at 11:50 am

QUANTITY OVER QUALITY! I am a busy lady and I can barely keep up with reading my favourite blogs as it is, it would be really disappointing to read something that was just thrown together.

-Anything but alcohol! I like to have some social drinks but I need coffee WAY more than alcohol ;) !
-I like black coffee but I LOVE dry cereal! I refused to eat cereal with milk until I was 16 or 17. I still choose dry cereal over cereal with milk!
-Freakishly large smile! That way people know how happy I am!

38 Taylor @ Crumbs Don't Count July 26, 2011 at 12:02 pm

I love dry cereal! That is my after dinner snack a lot of the time!

As far as a huge smile goes…do I get to look like Julia Roberts? sign me up!

39 Cait @ Cait hates Cake July 26, 2011 at 12:03 pm

1. water and alcohol ;)
2. dry cereal – i eat it dry most of the time anyway
3. huge smile, lol.

40 Julia @ Watermelon Smiles July 26, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Definitely quality over quantity. I never mind waiting for a great post. And I personally get frustrated with posts that I write and don’t enjoy.

water and alcohol–I don’t really drink coffee or tea often and thick smoothies don’t count as a beverage if you eat them with a spoon ;)
black coffee-I need my cereal
Freakishly Big Smile–all smiles are beautiful even for the freakishly big!

41 Dawn @ Blonde on a Mission July 26, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Water + Alcohol (can’t live without my Pinot Grigio!)
Dry cereal .. ever since I discovered vanilla almond milk, I hardly drink black coffee anymore
Huge smile .. my smile is too small already!

42 Charlie July 26, 2011 at 12:23 pm

drink anything other than alcohol for the rest of your life
Drink black coffee (already do :))
Have a freakishly huge smile

43 Khushboo July 26, 2011 at 12:24 pm

I feel the same about blogging- if i have nothing much to say, i rather say nothing at all than just put up a meh post for the sake of it.

Here are my answers (today was an easy one btw)
Drink only water and alcohol for the rest of your life -OR- drink anything other than alcohol for the rest of your life?–> drink anything other than alcohol for the rest of my life
Drink black coffee -OR- only eat dry cereal? dry cereal without a doubt
Have a freakishly huge smile -OR- a freakishly small nose? freakishly huge smile…i’m a happy person :)…or should i say :D

44 Lauren July 26, 2011 at 12:24 pm

I hate when there’s nothing to blog about!

1. Water and alcohol, but much more water than alcohol :P
2. I kind of like dry cereal anyways. Coffee, not so much.
3. Freakishly big smile. But only if I can get away with it like Julia Roberts!

45 Amy @ My Life as a Lazy Girl July 26, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Quality over quantity for sure!

I’d drink anything other than alcohol. While I enjoy a cocktail or two every now and then, I could easily go without it.
I already eat dry cereal (can’t stand soggy stuff, it’s weird but it’s what I like)
guess i’d have to go with huge smile

46 Shayla @ The Good Life July 26, 2011 at 12:54 pm

I would rather…
1. Drink only water and alcohol for the rest of my life…you know this girl here loves her champy ;)

2. Only eat dry cereal…I despise black coffee without any sweetener and I actually only eat cereal dry…rarely do I put milk in it…I know I’m weird

3. Have a freakishly huge smile…if it’s like Giada’s from Food Network then I’d be a happy camper :)

47 Jennie @ Designed to be Fit July 26, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Drink only water and alcohol for the rest of your life -OR- drink anything other than alcohol for the rest of your life? Those are pretty much the only two things I drink already, so I would do water and alchy for life!

Drink black coffee -OR- only eat dry cereal? I eat like a toddler so dry cereal is my snack of choice.
Have a freakishly huge smile -OR- a freakishly small nose? huge smile!

48 Jen M. July 26, 2011 at 1:36 pm

1. I can NOT give up my tea and coffee, and I’d be fine giving up alcohol.
2. Dry cereal! I stay away from copious amounts of milk (I have an intolerance to straight up cows milk, but not anything else dairy), and I don’t like any of the milk alternatives on my cereal, so it’s usually just a dry snack anyway. :)
3. Big smile!!

49 Amber @ Stop and Smell the Wildflowers July 26, 2011 at 1:39 pm

I would rather…

Drink anything other than alcohol for the rest of my life (not a big drinker anyway)
Only eat dry cereal
Have a freakishly small nose (as long as I can still breathe)

50 Kerry @ Half Healthy, Half Nuts July 26, 2011 at 2:04 pm

I struggle with this a lot – blog about nothing, or don’t blog at all. As a relatively new blogger (just over a month) I feel like I HAVE to post a couple of times a day to keep my whopping 4 loyal readers (hehe) coming back. But then I go back and read some of my posts and I’m like, “only I would find that remotely interesting.” I need to embrace your quality vs. quantity mentality. I’m still learning. I also need to learn how to take more pictures (I always forget!), I have not mastered that just yet. So much to learn! Do you have any good tips for new bloggers out there? Would love to hear some insight from one of my fave bloggers! :)

Oh, and to answer today’s questions (I LOVE these BTW):
1) I would rather drink anything but alcohol. I only drink alcohol on occasion, so I could definitely go without.
2) Dry cereal, fo sho! YUM!
3) And I already do have a freakishly huge smile, so I will go with that. :)

51 Freya July 26, 2011 at 2:56 pm

I vote quantity for sure :-)
Haha I love those questions!!
1 – anything but water, because then I can coffee (and I hate alcohol)
2 – dry cereal, cos…I love dry cereal :-)
3 – a freakishly big smile, cos then I’d look like Julia Roberts! :D

52 Jenny July 26, 2011 at 3:59 pm

That’s so AWESOME about TGFA!

1- I almost drink only water and wine, but I do love my coffee! Can that count as “water” since it’s MADE with water?!
2- Black coffee- I’m not a cereal fan!
3- I have quite a big smile, so I’ll go with that one ;-P

Have a super day!

53 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats July 26, 2011 at 4:18 pm

I would drink anything other than alcohol because I can’t give up iced coffee or fresh squeezed lemonade! :) I would eat my cereal dry. Big smile all the way! A smile is usually the first or second thing I notice about a person!

54 Laura @ Unchartered 20s July 26, 2011 at 5:29 pm

Oh boy these are hard!! I think i would rather:
- drink only water & alcohol. I mean, i love me some champagne. And wine! and margs! LOL… and vodka! Yea, this option
-black coffee- im not a huge coffee drinker, but a HUGE cereal lover! loop hole!
-I’ll go with the smile. i think that may look better than the nose.

55 Julie @ Sugarfoot Eats July 26, 2011 at 8:04 pm

1. Drink only water and alcohol for the rest of your life -OR- drink anything other than alcohol for the rest of your life?
This one is HARD!! I’m going with no alcohol since I can’t give up coffee.
2. Drink black coffee -OR- only eat dry cereal?
Black coffee!!! This is how I drink it already.
3. Have a freakishly huge smile -OR- a freakishly small nose?
HUGE smile! :)

56 Jess@atasteofconfidence July 26, 2011 at 9:21 pm

1. Drink water and alcohol (I don’t like much else, anyway!)
2. Drink black coffee. I don’t like cereal!
3. Freakishly big smile!

57 Krista July 26, 2011 at 10:26 pm

I came across your blog by clicking through other blogs I am following. You look so familiar! I see you are from upstate. This is random but did you go to St. Rose? I went to St. Rose and graduated in 2008.

58 Courtney July 26, 2011 at 11:06 pm

Haha, YES! I did go to St. Rose. I graduated from my undergrad in 2005 and my Masters program in August 2007.

59 Krista July 26, 2011 at 11:13 pm

That is so funny! I normally don’t stumble upon anyone who is even from NY! I must have seen you on campus, at a party or the Abbott Tavern?! What a small world!! I love your blog! How can I follow it on blogger?

60 Dawn July 27, 2011 at 6:14 pm

I know you said your dinner last night was borning but it looks great!

61 Courtney July 27, 2011 at 6:43 pm