It All Adds Up

I’m so glad you guys are liking the new Favorites page! It turned out to be a much bigger project than I had anticipated, but it was totally worth it.

Since I was so busy working on that this afternoon, I didn’t get a chance to fill you in on the rest of my day. Soooo, let’s get to it!

Workout

99% of the time, when it comes to working out for me, it’s all or nothing; and by that, I mean that I’ve got to get it done all at the same time. No particular reason why, but I just like it that way.

Today, however, was anything but. Because I was so busy doing a bunch of things here and there, my workout was actually split into three, 10-30 minute sessions.

• Workout #1: HIIT intervals on treadmill (20 sec @ 9.0mph/40 sec @4.5mph) (28 mins)
  • Workout #2: 10 Minute Abs (from Exercise on Demand) (10 mins)
  • Workout #3: 10lb. Slimdown Yoga (from Exercise on Demand) (23 mins)

All three workouts were spaced out amidst a span of probably 4 hours, and I actually didn’t really mind splitting them up. Overall, I definitely got in a great workout, and I think sometimes people often discount the fact that you can still get an amazing workout by breaking it up during the day. This is helpful, especially for those of you who are often pressed for time.

Remember…it all adds up!

*****

Lunch

In between workouts 2 & 3, some lunch was thoroughly enjoyed.

Have you guys seen that Thomas’ Bagel Thins now come in blueberry? Just imagine my excitement when a received a package of them in the mail to try out; ecstatic may not even cover it. They are pheeeeNOMenal!

I lightly toasted one today and topped it with some Blizzard Butter, banana slices, and a drizzle of honey, along with the rest of the ‘naner + BB. Ohhhh, soo good.

I also snacked on an almost-too-ripe white nectarine which still tasted delish.

Dinner

Tonight is another softball game, so unfortunately, that means no time to make an elaborate dinner (like I ever really do that anyways, who am I kidding?).

Elaborate or not, I may just have a new way to make tuna fish. I’m warning you, it’s totally random, but I really, really liked it.

Rather than make a sandwich, I placed the tuna salad on top of a bed of romaine, cukes, and grape tomatoes. Once everything was all mixed together, this bowl tasted awesome. Who would have ever thought to put cheese in tuna salad? Is that odd?

Ehh, who cares. I’m odd every now and then anyways. Winking smile

I also finished off the rest of Saturday night’s mac & cheese leftovers while impatiently waiting to finish preparing my actual dinner.

I’m sure I’ll be in need of a little something sweet after the game tonight, so we’ll have to see what I can scrounge up…but for now, gotta run!

Question for the Evening:

What are some of your favorite mix-ins for tuna/chicken/anything salad?

Comments

1. allison says

I mix a can of tuna, very small diced cubes of extra old cheddar, and very small diced pear or apple with balsamic vinaigrette and put in romaine hearts (lettuce rollups); it’s actually what I’m having for dinner tonight

Oooo I must try the Blueberry Bagel Thins, how yummy!

And I love your un-elaborate dinners…I’m the same way and as long as they’re yummy and satisfying that’s all that matters 😉

I loooove butter pickles in my tuna too, and I like the idea of adding a laughing cow cheese wedge! I also like to add diced carrots and celery to my tuna :)

I love to fill my tuna salad with all sortsa crazy stuff. Flavor is where it’s at, right?

I’m about to whip up some tacos for dinner. For me, that = taco salad, though. Delicious.

My favorite mixins would definitely have to be celery and fresh basil. Yummmmmm!

4. Laura says

oh my gosh, how ironic… I was just eating my dinner while reading your blog and I enjoyed an egg salad wrap. I was thinking how could I make it a little different/better and in addition to mayo, spicy mustard, tonight I added a wedge of French Onion laughing cow cheese! It was incredible 😀 I will definitely be making it again!

I always put cheese in my tuna fish! It’s like a tuna melt if you think about it. I’ve also mixed some hummus in with hard boiled eggs as an alternative egg salad. It’s pretty good!

I love splitting up my workouts on days when I am just so super busy! I must agree with…it reall does all add up in the end. I don’t think cheese weird in tuna salad… I also love dijon mustard in just about anything dressing or mix I need to make! Have fun at the softball game!

LOVE THE NEW FAVORITES PAGE. I also love splitting up my workouts (especially when I get to eat in between, it gives me so much more energy)! I am seriously coming to visit you so that you can feed me cupcakes and that salad as we play with Cody!

So often people don’t remember that all those little bits of exercise do add up! I’m glad you said that in your post, because I wish more people (esp. ones struggling to lose weight) would realize this.

Hummus is always number one! Then green onions, celery, cucumber and peppers. Or sometimes I go the other way and add apples and dried cranberries.

I’ve been guilty of mixing in cottage cheese instead of mayo or greek yogurt – still creamy and a little tangy. Delicious – if you like cottage cheese, that is! I, too, had tuna salad yesterday for lunch and threw in mustard, sweet pickle relish and some grapes. Grapes weren’t quite as delicious as when they’re paired with chicken salad.