Looking Festive

Well, I guess it’s a good thing I decided to re-post those Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes? I’m glad you guys seem to be diggin’ them just as much as I do. They’re pretty stellar.

This morning and afternoon, I had some errands to take care of both in and out of the house, so I have been a busy bee. Rather than sitting down to one big lunch (which I rarely like to do anyways) I broke things up a bit today.

Egg scramble made with 1/2 cup Egg Beaters, leftover black beans, diced tomatoes, and more pineapple salsa.

A delicious, Raspberry Vanilla smoothie!

In the mix:

• 1 frozen banana
  • 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 scoop vanilla SunWarrior protein powder
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp raspberry extract
  • 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
  • 4 ice cubes

Apparently, I’m all about the different extract today? Winking smile

Does anything look a little different to you here…?

Check it out: I got my fall decorations up!

I’d say things are definitely starting to look a little more festive around here now. I am loving it.

But let me show you all what I’m loving even more

Yes. I found pumpkin. And I’m not even too annoyed that it’s not Libby’s (in my opinion, nothing compares). Thank you so much, Jennifer, for letting me know that there was an abundance of it at The Fresh Market. You officially made my day. Smile

Tonight, Jay and I are having our friends Joe and Kate over for dinner and my house has been filled with the wonderful aromas of this cooking in the crockpot all day long. It’s actually the same thing I cooked the last time they came over. Man, I’m original.

Hey, either way, it’s one of my favorites so it’s gonna be a good dinner. I’ll catch ya’ll later!

Okay, now I REALLY need to crack out the fall decore!!! Maybe tonight!!! Only problem is that it’s still soooo hot here!!! Maybe I can hold off another week? we’ll see!! Gonna try your 30-min calorie blast tonight at the gym! It think it will be challenging for me, but I’m excited to give it a go!!! Thanks for sharing all those workout plans…they are a great motivator!! :)
    Katie @ The Purposeful Woman recently posted..Farmer’s Market Freshness

I’ve been stalking Target for Libby’s pumpkin, because it is much cheaper than the organic kind. I found the MEGA tub but I guess I shouldn’t complain. It is fall and I’m so so happy!

Bring on pumpkin spice lattes and muffins for the weekend. Only I wish it still wasn’t 90 degrees in Florida!
    Carissa recently posted..What is healthy living?

I am loolking forward to my first pumpkin meal sometime verry soon :) I have a few leftover cans from last year that I am hoping are still good …we have extreme heat in our house in the winter (woodstove) and in the summer so I get nervous about them. I am DEFINITELY making that smoothie tomorrow, it sounds so good! Thanks for all the foodie inspiration!

4. Jennifer @ Somewhere In Between says

Your dinner plans remind me of how much I love busting out the crock pot this time of year for some delicious slow-cooked goodness! I think some spicy chicken chili is in store this week with all of the rain we’re getting. I hope your dinner was delicious!!
    Jennifer @ Somewhere In Between recently posted..The Aftermath of Irene {Part 4}

Living alone, it’s really hard for me to warrant seasonal decorations (mostly for the off-season when I have nowhere to store them).

Solution: All seasonal decorations ALL THE TIME! Kitchen can be Kwanzaa themed, office: Oktoberfest, bedroom: BIRTHDAY!, bathroom: breast cancer awareness month.

Sounds like the most attractive one bedroom apartment known to mankind.
    Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..How to Not Get a Date with Me (alternative title: Creeps at Bubs)

it just starting getting cool a few days ago in st louis, so no fall decorations at my house just yet. But where did you get the odds and ends in the bowl? I have one in my dining room, and have yet to find good fall accents to add to it