Looking Festive

by Courtney on September 6, 2011

Well, I guess it’s a good thing I decided to re-post those Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes? I’m glad you guys seem to be diggin’ them just as much as I do. They’re pretty stellar.

This morning and afternoon, I had some errands to take care of both in and out of the house, so I have been a busy bee. Rather than sitting down to one big lunch (which I rarely like to do anyways) I broke things up a bit today.

#1

Egg scramble made with 1/2 cup Egg Beaters, leftover black beans, diced tomatoes, and more pineapple salsa.

#2

A delicious, Raspberry Vanilla smoothie!

In the mix:

• 1 frozen banana
  • 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 scoop vanilla SunWarrior protein powder
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp raspberry extract
  • 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
  • 4 ice cubes

Apparently, I’m all about the different extract today? Winking smile

*****

Does anything look a little different to you here…?

Check it out: I got my fall decorations up!

I’d say things are definitely starting to look a little more festive around here now. I am loving it.

But let me show you all what I’m loving even more

Yes. I found pumpkin. And I’m not even too annoyed that it’s not Libby’s (in my opinion, nothing compares). Thank you so much, Jennifer, for letting me know that there was an abundance of it at The Fresh Market. You officially made my day. Smile

*****

Tonight, Jay and I are having our friends Joe and Kate over for dinner and my house has been filled with the wonderful aromas of this cooking in the crockpot all day long. It’s actually the same thing I cooked the last time they came over. Man, I’m original.

Hey, either way, it’s one of my favorites so it’s gonna be a good dinner. I’ll catch ya’ll later!

1 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance September 6, 2011 at 7:13 pm

I love bringing back the fall colors (and pumpkin) with the new season :D I ALSO love two part meals ;)
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..5 Minute Fat-Blaster

2 Emma @ Microcosm of Life September 6, 2011 at 7:14 pm

Those fall decorations just made me soo excited! I love any time the seasons change, but I think fall is my favorite. So much to look forward to! And pumpkin? Git in ma bellyyy
Emma @ Microcosm of Life recently posted..Tuesday’s Tips!

3 Kathryn @ Flopoodle September 6, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Oh I love this! These decorations are adorable and so warm and happy :)
Kathryn @ Flopoodle recently posted..Dijon And Panko Crusted Halibut

4 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries September 6, 2011 at 7:17 pm

I, too, just decorated our house for fall!! It was so much fun. I was considering baking your pumpkin spice cupcakes to go along with my “theme” of decorating today… I think it’s a good excuse! :)
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..It’s Starting to Look A Lot Like Fall…

5 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen September 6, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Love the decorations! My husband just asked last night “can we put up the halloween decorations yet?” haha! He’s like a little kid with Halloween. I told him we can put up the “fall” decs but not the full out Halloween ones yet. It’s still summer!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Rhinebeck mad dash 10K race recap

6 Liz @ Tip Top Shape September 6, 2011 at 7:33 pm

Fall decorations!!! Cannot wait to get mine out. I’ve already broken out the fall coats. It’s been in the 60s here!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Pasta with Eggplant and Tomato Caponata

7 Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy September 6, 2011 at 7:43 pm

Oh my goodness! I literally had the same egg scramble today!
Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy recently posted..Rain, rain, go away

8 Katie @ The Purposeful Woman September 6, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Okay, now I REALLY need to crack out the fall decore!!! Maybe tonight!!! Only problem is that it’s still soooo hot here!!! Maybe I can hold off another week? we’ll see!! Gonna try your 30-min calorie blast tonight at the gym! It think it will be challenging for me, but I’m excited to give it a go!!! Thanks for sharing all those workout plans…they are a great motivator!! :)
Katie @ The Purposeful Woman recently posted..Farmer’s Market Freshness

9 Mary @ Bites and Bliss September 6, 2011 at 7:51 pm

I love, love, love it! Can’t wait to decorate here!
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..The First Glimpse

10 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health September 6, 2011 at 8:04 pm

Can you come decorate my place? I love all of your stuff :)

11 Kelly @ Not So Rocky Road September 6, 2011 at 8:19 pm

YAY for Fall!! Now bring on the pie LOL! That smoothie looks absolutely delicious too!
Kelly @ Not So Rocky Road recently posted..Long Weekend Happenings

12 Maria@La_Piattini September 6, 2011 at 8:21 pm

I love your kitchen! I’m really digging the wine rack and upside down glasses- thanks for the inspiration!
Maria@La_Piattini recently posted..Maxi Moxie

13 Tara Deal September 6, 2011 at 8:59 pm

I love your fall decorations! My mom always decorates our house with the cutest decorations, and now it’s my turn to decorate my apartment!! What a great way to kick off the season!
Tara Deal recently posted..It’s Not Spaghetti…It’s Squash

14 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey September 6, 2011 at 9:28 pm

One of my local grocery stores actually has Libby’s year round.. its fantastic.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..homemade unsweetened coconut flakes

15 Courtney September 6, 2011 at 10:02 pm

That is just not fair…and just for bragging, I think you should now send me a large quantity of them ;)

16 Hannah September 6, 2011 at 9:41 pm

thought of you when i saw this
Hannah recently posted..taking days off.

17 Courtney September 6, 2011 at 10:03 pm

LOL, I love it! Jay and I were actually laughing at that exact commercial tonight :-D

18 Heather September 6, 2011 at 9:45 pm

Even your eggs look festive :)

19 Carissa September 6, 2011 at 10:10 pm

I’ve been stalking Target for Libby’s pumpkin, because it is much cheaper than the organic kind. I found the MEGA tub but I guess I shouldn’t complain. It is fall and I’m so so happy!

Bring on pumpkin spice lattes and muffins for the weekend. Only I wish it still wasn’t 90 degrees in Florida!
Carissa recently posted..What is healthy living?

20 Emily September 6, 2011 at 10:15 pm

I am loolking forward to my first pumpkin meal sometime verry soon :) I have a few leftover cans from last year that I am hoping are still good …we have extreme heat in our house in the winter (woodstove) and in the summer so I get nervous about them. I am DEFINITELY making that smoothie tomorrow, it sounds so good! Thanks for all the foodie inspiration!

21 Khushboo September 6, 2011 at 11:02 pm

Loving how festive your home is looking now!
Khushboo recently posted..Knowledge without college

22 Lindsay@bikingbeforebed September 6, 2011 at 11:10 pm

I think fall decorations trump all the other seasons. I keep telling myself this is why I didn’t put away my pumpkin scented candles all year… my boyfriend swears its because I was lazy :)
Lindsay@bikingbeforebed recently posted..Shrimp and Bacon Marinara

23 Liz @ Something To Chew Om September 6, 2011 at 11:13 pm

Two part meals are the best!! Why enjoy just one plate (or smoothie glass) when you can do it TWICE?! I should split all my meals in two ;)
Liz @ Something To Chew Om recently posted..Fill In The Blank

24 Molly September 6, 2011 at 11:15 pm

i love your fall decorations! Decorating for fall is my favorite!
Molly recently posted..TACKY!

25 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill September 6, 2011 at 11:17 pm

I definitely prefer Libby’s over the organic pumpkin. Try Target; I can sometimes find it there, but lately I’ve resorted to ordering pumpkin online!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Crabby Monday and Mini Tuesday

26 Alba&Dilek @TwoBaklavaStory September 6, 2011 at 11:54 pm

Your fall decorations remind me not to be so sad that summer is over!
p.s. I am in love with the color of your kitchen cupboards!
Alba&Dilek @TwoBaklavaStory recently posted..Can Anybody hear us?

27 Katelyn@ Foodie Goes to School September 7, 2011 at 7:09 am

Your house looks great! As for Libby’s I’ve been able to buy mine at Target! It’s always hiding on the end aisles..have you tried Target?
Katelyn@ Foodie Goes to School recently posted..Dear College…

28 Courtney September 7, 2011 at 8:54 am

Yes, I did…no luck there!

29 Jennifer @ Somewhere In Between September 7, 2011 at 8:14 am

Your dinner plans remind me of how much I love busting out the crock pot this time of year for some delicious slow-cooked goodness! I think some spicy chicken chili is in store this week with all of the rain we’re getting. I hope your dinner was delicious!!
Jennifer @ Somewhere In Between recently posted..The Aftermath of Irene {Part 4}

30 Samantha @ Because I Can September 7, 2011 at 9:01 am

I think I’ll be putting up my fall decorations this weekend! I’m going away next weekend and I want to have it done before then!

Fingers crossed I can find pumpkin in my area soon!
Samantha @ Because I Can recently posted..Ch Ch Ch Changes…

31 Jodi September 7, 2011 at 9:33 am

The decorations look great! I really need to get moving on getting my house ‘fall ready’!
Jodi recently posted..Public Service Announcement

32 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers September 7, 2011 at 9:44 am

Living alone, it’s really hard for me to warrant seasonal decorations (mostly for the off-season when I have nowhere to store them).

Solution: All seasonal decorations ALL THE TIME! Kitchen can be Kwanzaa themed, office: Oktoberfest, bedroom: BIRTHDAY!, bathroom: breast cancer awareness month.

Sounds like the most attractive one bedroom apartment known to mankind.
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..How to Not Get a Date with Me (alternative title: Creeps at Bubs)

33 kristen September 7, 2011 at 12:17 pm

it just starting getting cool a few days ago in st louis, so no fall decorations at my house just yet. But where did you get the odds and ends in the bowl? I have one in my dining room, and have yet to find good fall accents to add to it

34 Courtney September 7, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Target! :)

35 kristen September 7, 2011 at 6:10 pm

of course! thats why I love them haha. I wonder if my target has them

36 Karen September 8, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Where do you get your fall decor from? I love the bowl & plate with the pumpkins & leaves.

37 Courtney September 8, 2011 at 2:39 pm

It’s a mix of Target, Walmart, and the Christmas Tree Shop :)