Not Enough Words

I am completely and utterly in LOVE with the lunch I consumed today. There really just are not enough words.

A little over a week ago, I ended up buying a package of Trans-Ocean Crab Classic on a whim, after seeing that it was on sale. When I checked in on it last night, I noticed that the expiration date was fast approaching and figured I should get to work on it.

Well, the back of the package hit the nail on the head when I saw a recipe for a crabmeat and mozzarella omelet. Really? REALLY?

So here’s what went into my omelet:

• 3/4 cup Egg Beaters
  • 1/3 cup crabmeat (I know it’s not technically “real” crabmeat…)
  • ~1 tbsp part-skim shredded mozzarella & Monterey Jack blend cheese
  • <1/4 cup diced red onions and red pepper
  • salt and pepper

I honestly never thought I could love crabmeat crab-flavored seafood so much. I mean, seriously…this omelet was just fantastic. Has anyone else ever tried this combo?? Amazing, I tell you!

I served some mixed greens alongside my omelet, sprinkled with the rest of my peppers and onions and a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette. So, so good.

But while we’re on the subject of omelets, I need to ask you all a little question…

How do YOU spell omelet? Omelet or omelette?

I honestly just keep using “omelet” because that’s what Windows Live Writer seems to tell me is correct, but I’ve seen it written both ways and am never quite sure…?

Time to go get my study on!

Questions for the Afternoon:

Omelet or omelette?

Favorite type of seafood (if any)?

Omelette? haha. Not sure!?
    That does sound good and I have crab “meat” I need to use up – the fake stuff too!
    I love shrimp or tilapia the most I think.

I use Windows Live Writer as well and have gotten used to spelling it omelet. I haven’t gotten the Crab Classic stuff in a while, but it’s great for adding seafood to a pasta dish as well (I tossed mine in a little butter to flavor, then added it with pesto sauce). Favorite seafood is seared tuna. As in, toss it on the grill to make the outside just turn color and then take it off. Mmmm. Second to that are steamed Maryland crabs. I could destroy some of those right about now.
    Krissie J recently posted..Rise and Run

OH crud, I had a funny response and I lost it.

I use omelet – just because it’s easier to remember. I can never remember how many m’s and t’s and l’s are in omelette (Google Chrome is telling me that’s wrong too…).

My fave seafood is little neck clams – mmmm I can eat them raw with horseradish or hot sauce, or steamed with drawn butter OMG.

I’ve seen it spelled both ways too. I use omelet.

I don’t really do seafood. Maybe it’s because I grew up in the land of beef and cattle but I’ve never really developed a taste for it. I have been able to eat fresh trout and some other clean tasting white-fleshed fish, but it’s never my preference. One regret I do have though – we honeymooned in Bar Harbor, Maine and DIDN’T eat fresh Maine lobster. I just didn’t want to spend the money on something I was pretty sure I wouldn’t like so we didn’t…regret it now…if only for the experience.
    Faith recently posted..Breakfast Triumph and DIY Detergents (I’ve Been a Busy Girl)

I have no idea how I usually spell it! I guess I must not type that word all that often???

I love imitation crab meat. I used to make crab salad sandwiches a lot when I was younger, but somehow I lost track of that. My favorite seafood is (REAL) king crab, but scallops are a close second. Honestly, there’s not much seafood I don’t like!
    Melissa recently posted..Monday Randomness

That omelette looks delicious! I tihnk I use omelette because I took so many years of French class that it just looks right to me. :)

I’m very picky with seafood. I only like shrimp, crab, lobster tail, scallops, clams and smoked salmon.
    Hope recently posted..Fall TV Excitement…

7. Sylvia @Frolic Through Life says

I always spelled it omelet but I’ve seen it the other way too. My fav seafood is definitely crap. I had a seafood packed weekend this weekend because I took a trip to Boston. I enjoyed a lot of clam chowder and crab cakes!
    Sylvia @Frolic Through Life recently posted..Boston Birthday

That looks delicious! I’ve never thought to put crab meat in an omelet. I think that’s how I spell it? haha
    I love almost all seafood but I definitely love salmon and tilapia a lot.

9. Sam says

This is what I found:
    “For the dish consisting of beaten eggs cooked until set and folded over, Australian, British, and Canadian writers prefer the French spelling, omelette. American writers prefer omelet by a wide margin, and U.S. dictionaries and usage guides concur.”

10. Amy says

I love seafood. My favorites are salmon, cod(which I’m baking tonight), shrimp, and scallops. I love to get creative with stir frys and sometimes I like to just grill or bake salmon and have it with a sweet potatoe.