Addictive Personality

It really doesn’t take me long to get hooked on something that I love…especially when it deals with food. I tend to have a bit of an addictive personality, and once I get started on a good thing, it’s hard for me to stop craving it. Case in point:

My recent addition to smoothie bowls is a great example…

But, my current obsession over pumpkin everything pretty much says it all…

First it was the pumpkin buckwheat bowl.

Then came the Banana Raisin Pumpkin bread.

Next up was the Pumpkin Black Bean Soup.

Then last night was the pumpkin beer (which, btw, is delicious!).

Now, this morning, I found myself eagerly jumping into my car, blasting the heat because it’s a chilly 40-something degrees this morning (not quite ready for THAT yet) and heading out to celebrate Coffee Friday with a delicious pumpkin spice coffee from Dunkin Donuts.

And as if that wasn’t enough, there may or may not have been a couple of pumpkin munchkins that somehow made their way into my car…but not into the house. Woops.

Too bad these little guys weren’t free. I think I’m loosing my touch. Then again, maybe it’d help if I didn’t walk in with a severe case of bedhead, looking like a total ragamuffin. Ahh well.

I know, I know. A lot of you are probably wondering, “what is it with the obsession over pumpkin??”

I honestly don’t know what the heck it is. Thankfully, I know I’m not alone either. It’s not like it’s something I want to eat right out of the can or anything (eww, gross), but it’s just such a versatile ingredient and/or flavor that just screams fall. However, since it is only the middle of September, I really don’t want to overkill it yet. So I promise, I’ll try and scale it back a bit…

Maybe. Winking smile

***

As for my real breakfast this morning (since munchkins don’t count), I decided to go sans pumpkin with a cereal combo.

(recycled photo)

Now, it’s time to get going with my to-do’s. Happy Friday!!

**FYI: You only have a few more hours to enter my Favorite Champion Workout Gear Giveaway! I’ll be randomly choosing our winner and announcing it this afternoon.**

Question for the Morning:

Do you consider yourself to have an addictive personality?

Comments

I am the exact same way (especially with pumpkin)! Having an addictive personality can be a good thing too though. For instance, if I find a new running route or work out I like then I want to do it ALL THE TIME. So I guess it balances out all the times I’m addicted to things like pumpkin 😉
    Kristin Mac recently posted..Fancy a crumpet?

Heck yes I do! With foods and running specially 😉 I know I might need to scale back my pumpkin usage here soon before my husband kills me – last year he banned it in the house before November! haha Little does he know this weekend I am planning to make pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin cupcakes and possibly one more thing 😉 hehe
    Lindsey recently posted..Recap: Disneyland Half Marathon 2011

• Courtney says

I love that you think of me with munchkins 😉
      That’s a bummer it wasn’t free, but at least they let you only get one! Most of the time they make me buy 4!

I have the longgggest food ruts. I basically eat oats every morning topped off with uncle sam’s. Lunch is almost always a salad and pb and honey on a slice of whole wheat.

I totally get the pumpkin thing. It’s soooooo good. Plus, they’re just so damned cheerful!
    Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Groupon’s Gone to Crap

i think i definitely have qualities of an addictive personality. Not really to an extreme though– luckily (like you) all my “addictions” are on the healthy side i.e. exercise, eating almonds with raisins/craisins, oats, etc. 😉

Have you tried pumpkin enchiladas? sounds super gross but I found the recipe on one of the blogs I follow (and can’t remember which one) but it’s definitely SO GOOD!
    Molly recently posted..My Carrie Bradshaw Moment

Well, I wouldn’t go so far as to say I have an “addictive personality,” but I definitely tend to be a repetitive eater if I find something I like! For instance, I could totally have cookies ‘n cream ice cream every night after dinner and be happy!

I could definitely see pumpkin being one of those things :)
    Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Sweet or Savory?

P.S., on Monday, I went to DD and asked for 5 munchkins, and they ended up giving me 15. I thought of that post where you were so good and actually saved the extra for a different day, but alas, I do not have such self-control. All 15 ended up in my belly. Can you say sugar overload!?

I don’t know if addictive is the word but when I like something (especially food), I”m mildly obsessed with it — and yes, pumpkin is ONE of those things. Um, did you say PUMPKIN munhckins from DD? I need to get over there stat. The other “obsessions” include dark chocolate, almond butter, sweet potatoes and goat cheese (that I can think of right now!)

I made my first pumpkin dish of the season this week (attached to this comment I think!)
    Ericka Andersen recently posted..Pumpkin Portabella Sweet Sausage Pasta

I have SUCH an addictive personality it’s not even funny! When I like something, it’s all I want to eat/do till the point that I can’t face it any longer! Although some are still going strong like oats, yogurt, apples, egg whites, peanut butter and marinara sauce!
    Khushboo recently posted..BPB: This is the remix

Oh yes!! This happens to me all the time. When I first discovered overnight oats, I had them almost every day. Then I went on a smoothie kick as well. Then cereal. I have them so much then I completely switch!

I definitely am an addictive personality. Especially when it comes to tv shows. When I’m into one, oh man, it is all I will talk about. All I will watch. And my friends will pray for me to move on to the next one so that they can stop hearing about it. lol

And the pumpkin obsession makes perfect sense to me. It’s fall. And pumpkin is delicious. What else is there to understand? 😉
    Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

Don’t worry! You are definitely not alone in this. I had a pumpkin flavored k-cup coffee this AM and already thinking about the possibility of grabbing another pumpkin flavored coffee this afternoon… I cannot get enough.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with being addicted to pumpkin. I am myself. :) I cannot get enough of the pumpkin flavored food and the pumpkin scents. I do have an addictive personality. However, for example, if I tend to eat the same thing over and over again for a while, I will have to take a very long break from it. I just get sick of it too easily.

Happy Friday! :)
    Hope recently posted..A New Discovery…

13. Kathryn says

I’m very much an addictive personality, and really struggle to try to tun that away from junk to good things. Back in high school, my mom and I started jogging every weekday. It got to the point where I never wanted to stop. I loved our morning jogs and was sad when they stopped. I need to push myself back to the gym, so I can get addicted to it again.
    When it comes to food, my main addiction is chips and salsa. I just love chips and salsa. Before I started getting healthy in high school, I would eat an entire bag of chips and almost a full jar of salsa per DAY if I wasn’t paying attention. Don’t like pumpkin, though. I’m going to try to make some pumpkin pies this year, because hubby just loves pumpkin pie.

14. Amy says

Oh yes I tend to have a very addictive personality. Gosh I’m addicted to pumpkin, almond butter, fitness magazines, trash magazines, lifting weights, and shopping.
    All pretty good addictions i think other than the trash mags.

Oh my gosh, I am the SAME way!

I love pumpkin and literally wait all year for DD’s to come out with the pumpkin flavor–and then next month, the gingerbread flavor!!! I love both pumpkin and gingerbread and am loving all of the recipes I’ve seen popping up including pumpkin!

PS: kettlecorn is my current “addiction” so I’ll have to keep an eye out for the 100-calorie bags!
    Marykate Sinnott recently posted..I remember

I’m officially on the lookout for pumpkin ice cream. Do you have a favorite brand that makes it? I’m not talkin’ frozen yogurt or anything of that sort. I think Haagen Dazs brings out a pumpkin flavor around this time of year. Hmmm. If you find a good one (which I hope you do, since you’re on such a pumpkin bender), please let me know, because pumpkin ice cream is probably one of my favorite things ever. Woohoo for fall flavors!

I wish there was a Dunkin’ Donuts here so I could try this pumpkin coffee! lol. Pumpkin Spiced Latte’s at Starbucks are just too sweet for me regularly! lol. I definitely feel like I have an addictive personality and it isn’t always a positive in my case. I just try to roll with the punches as they come.
    Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..Friday Favorites

18. dee says

I haven’t jumped on the pumpkin bandwagon, but I do have an addictive personality! I’m glad I discovered this about myself because it allows me to stay away from things that will help me further procrastinate when studying (yep, I don’t have a facebook for that reason!). Like you, these addictions come in bouts! I’ll go strong for a few weeks on something (making smoothies with my magic bullet!) Then it dwindles down and and I find something new to be addicted to. :) what a ride, yes?

I definitely go through food phases where I can eat something every day, multiple times a day for months. I have the same addiction to pumpkin but I totally CAN eat it out of the can. I like it that freakin’ much!
    Shana recently posted..Whole latte love

I must go to DD for those pumpkin munchkins! I love that pumpkin is coming back into my life again! haha
    I pretty much have the same thing (iced coffee and overnight oats) for breakfast every day and I never really get tired of it either! Add ins change, but it’s the same basic breakfast every day.
    Danielle recently posted..Thursday Stuff