Addictive Personality

by Courtney on September 16, 2011

It really doesn’t take me long to get hooked on something that I love…especially when it deals with food. I tend to have a bit of an addictive personality, and once I get started on a good thing, it’s hard for me to stop craving it. Case in point:

My recent addition to smoothie bowls is a great example…

But, my current obsession over pumpkin everything pretty much says it all…

First it was the pumpkin buckwheat bowl.

Then came the Banana Raisin Pumpkin bread.

Next up was the Pumpkin Black Bean Soup.

Then last night was the pumpkin beer (which, btw, is delicious!).

Now, this morning, I found myself eagerly jumping into my car, blasting the heat because it’s a chilly 40-something degrees this morning (not quite ready for THAT yet) and heading out to celebrate Coffee Friday with a delicious pumpkin spice coffee from Dunkin Donuts.

And as if that wasn’t enough, there may or may not have been a couple of pumpkin munchkins that somehow made their way into my car…but not into the house. Woops.

Too bad these little guys weren’t free. I think I’m loosing my touch. Then again, maybe it’d help if I didn’t walk in with a severe case of bedhead, looking like a total ragamuffin. Ahh well.

I know, I know. A lot of you are probably wondering, “what is it with the obsession over pumpkin??”

I honestly don’t know what the heck it is. Thankfully, I know I’m not alone either. It’s not like it’s something I want to eat right out of the can or anything (eww, gross), but it’s just such a versatile ingredient and/or flavor that just screams fall. However, since it is only the middle of September, I really don’t want to overkill it yet. So I promise, I’ll try and scale it back a bit…

Maybe. Winking smile

***

As for my real breakfast this morning (since munchkins don’t count), I decided to go sans pumpkin with a cereal combo.

(recycled photo)

Now, it’s time to get going with my to-do’s. Happy Friday!!

**FYI: You only have a few more hours to enter my Favorite Champion Workout Gear Giveaway! I’ll be randomly choosing our winner and announcing it this afternoon.**

Question for the Morning:

Do you consider yourself to have an addictive personality?

1 Kristin Mac September 16, 2011 at 9:10 am

I am the exact same way (especially with pumpkin)! Having an addictive personality can be a good thing too though. For instance, if I find a new running route or work out I like then I want to do it ALL THE TIME. So I guess it balances out all the times I’m addicted to things like pumpkin ;)
Kristin Mac recently posted..Fancy a crumpet?

2 Lindsey September 16, 2011 at 9:19 am

Heck yes I do! With foods and running specially ;) I know I might need to scale back my pumpkin usage here soon before my husband kills me – last year he banned it in the house before November! haha Little does he know this weekend I am planning to make pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin cupcakes and possibly one more thing ;) hehe
Lindsey recently posted..Recap: Disneyland Half Marathon 2011

3 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen September 16, 2011 at 9:31 am

I just wanted to let you know that 2 weeks ago, after my race we went to DD and I ordered 1 munchkin (thinking of your posts) hoping it would be free but lo and behold they charged me the 25 cents. haha! Oh well, I tried!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Anniversary almond apple cake

4 Courtney September 16, 2011 at 9:41 am

I love that you think of me with munchkins ;)
That’s a bummer it wasn’t free, but at least they let you only get one! Most of the time they make me buy 4!

5 Emmarie @ Bananas And Beer September 16, 2011 at 9:32 am

I love the pumpkin too, but I am lucky enough to have it year round, so I was making pumpkin flavored things in July. I’m trying to take a breather, and bring it back hard come October!
Emmarie @ Bananas And Beer recently posted..I Fooled ‘Em

6 Cat @Breakfast to Bed September 16, 2011 at 9:34 am

I have the longgggest food ruts. I basically eat oats every morning topped off with uncle sam’s. Lunch is almost always a salad and pb and honey on a slice of whole wheat.

I totally get the pumpkin thing. It’s soooooo good. Plus, they’re just so damned cheerful!
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Groupon’s Gone to Crap

7 alysha @shesontherun September 16, 2011 at 9:34 am

I love pumpkin, especially in quick breads. And I know what you mean about the personality. I’ll love something so much that I have it all the time and then get sick of it.

8 Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy September 16, 2011 at 9:37 am

Yes! I do! I get hooked on something and don’t stop until I am sick of it!
Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy recently posted..Things I’m Loving Thursday

9 Molly September 16, 2011 at 9:41 am

i think i definitely have qualities of an addictive personality. Not really to an extreme though– luckily (like you) all my “addictions” are on the healthy side i.e. exercise, eating almonds with raisins/craisins, oats, etc. ;)

Have you tried pumpkin enchiladas? sounds super gross but I found the recipe on one of the blogs I follow (and can’t remember which one) but it’s definitely SO GOOD!
Molly recently posted..My Carrie Bradshaw Moment

10 Courtney September 16, 2011 at 9:43 am

No! I don’t think I have?!?
If you find it, please share! :-D

11 Molly September 16, 2011 at 10:04 am

Found it! I got the recipe from Julie at Peanut Butter Fingers

Here is the link for the recipe:

Molly recently posted..My Carrie Bradshaw Moment

12 Courtney September 16, 2011 at 11:41 am

YUM! Thank you, Molly! I love me some PBFingers ;)

13 Erin @ The Grass Skirt September 16, 2011 at 9:41 am

Definitely! I am addicted to pumpkin and just did a post this morning on my avocado addiction. There could be worse addictions I suppose! :)

14 Mallory @ It's Only Life September 16, 2011 at 9:41 am

Well, I wouldn’t go so far as to say I have an “addictive personality,” but I definitely tend to be a repetitive eater if I find something I like! For instance, I could totally have cookies ‘n cream ice cream every night after dinner and be happy!

I could definitely see pumpkin being one of those things :)
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Sweet or Savory?

15 Lee @ Fit Foodie Finds September 16, 2011 at 9:43 am

i am the same exact way! i think i just follow the seasons thought. summer is BERRY everything! when fall comes, it is definitely pumpkin. have a good weekend girl!
Lee @ Fit Foodie Finds recently posted..Healthy Fiesta Lime Rice

16 Courtney September 16, 2011 at 9:45 am

I totally agree with you on the changing of the seasons :)
Thanks Lee, you too!

17 Mallory @ It's Only Life September 16, 2011 at 9:46 am

P.S., on Monday, I went to DD and asked for 5 munchkins, and they ended up giving me 15. I thought of that post where you were so good and actually saved the extra for a different day, but alas, I do not have such self-control. All 15 ended up in my belly. Can you say sugar overload!?

18 Courtney September 16, 2011 at 9:48 am

LOL!!! Wow, talk about hitting the jackpot!! :)

19 Jillian @ sprinkle massacre September 16, 2011 at 9:48 am

This morning at Starbucks, I swear 95% of the drinks that came up at the bar were pumpkin something! I guess it’s just that time of year…but we still have two months until Thanksgiving…pumpkin pie!

20 Shayla @ The Good Life September 16, 2011 at 9:53 am

Oh yes, I most definitely have an addictive personality…with food, exercising, you name it! At least though we’re addicted to healthy things… ;)
Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Inspiration Is Everywhere…

21 Ericka Andersen September 16, 2011 at 9:57 am

I don’t know if addictive is the word but when I like something (especially food), I”m mildly obsessed with it — and yes, pumpkin is ONE of those things. Um, did you say PUMPKIN munhckins from DD? I need to get over there stat. The other “obsessions” include dark chocolate, almond butter, sweet potatoes and goat cheese (that I can think of right now!)

I made my first pumpkin dish of the season this week (attached to this comment I think!)
Ericka Andersen recently posted..Pumpkin Portabella Sweet Sausage Pasta

22 Khushboo September 16, 2011 at 10:09 am

I have SUCH an addictive personality it’s not even funny! When I like something, it’s all I want to eat/do till the point that I can’t face it any longer! Although some are still going strong like oats, yogurt, apples, egg whites, peanut butter and marinara sauce!
Khushboo recently posted..BPB: This is the remix

23 Jodi September 16, 2011 at 10:18 am

Pumpkin overload! :-) Those munchkins look delicious! I am totally not an addictive personality. I get bored with things super-easy.

Have a great weekend!
Jodi recently posted..Are they Ginormous?

24 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries September 16, 2011 at 10:25 am

I’m right there with you on becoming addicted to certain foods for awhile… hence my regular “food phases” that I go through. Pumpkin has certainly become an addiction around here lately too, so you’re not alone! ;)
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Birthday Dinner(s)

25 Brittany September 16, 2011 at 10:27 am

Oh yes!! This happens to me all the time. When I first discovered overnight oats, I had them almost every day. Then I went on a smoothie kick as well. Then cereal. I have them so much then I completely switch!

26 Liz @ Tip Top Shape September 16, 2011 at 10:29 am

I definitely am an addictive personality. Especially when it comes to tv shows. When I’m into one, oh man, it is all I will talk about. All I will watch. And my friends will pray for me to move on to the next one so that they can stop hearing about it. lol

And the pumpkin obsession makes perfect sense to me. It’s fall. And pumpkin is delicious. What else is there to understand? ;)
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

27 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me September 16, 2011 at 10:31 am

omg the pumpkin glazed doughnuts from Dunks are the BEST. They are a current major weakness for me.
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Homemade Chili

28 Megan (Braise The Roof) September 16, 2011 at 11:01 am

If I had to guess, you’ll be on to the pumpkin oatmeal by next week. ;) Happy Friday!
Megan (Braise The Roof) recently posted..Herbs or Rocket Fuel

29 Danica @ It's Progression Not Perfection September 16, 2011 at 11:02 am

I definitely go in “obsessed” streaks over certain foods. Right now I’m loving black beans–I put them in salads, quesadillas, enchiladas, guacamole, soups, and so on : )
Danica @ It’s Progression Not Perfection recently posted..thursday thoughts

30 Steph @ StephSnacks September 16, 2011 at 11:03 am

Don’t worry! You are definitely not alone in this. I had a pumpkin flavored k-cup coffee this AM and already thinking about the possibility of grabbing another pumpkin flavored coffee this afternoon… I cannot get enough.

31 Krissie J September 16, 2011 at 11:15 am

I go in spurts. I’ll be totally into something for weeks, then not have any craving/desire for it for months and months. Then I’ll rediscover it and fall in love all over again. Wawa has a pumpkin spice doughnut that is pretty awesome.
Krissie J recently posted..Flash Sales and the Pumpkin Parade

32 Amanda @ Fashionably Plate September 16, 2011 at 11:20 am

I am the same way with pumpkin! I think mid September is a perfect time to start indulging in the obsession :)

I also didn’t know that Dunkin’ Donuts had pumpkin munchkins. Thanks for sharing that!
Amanda @ Fashionably Plate recently posted..life as a homebody

33 Hope September 16, 2011 at 11:24 am

I don’t think there is anything wrong with being addicted to pumpkin. I am myself. :) I cannot get enough of the pumpkin flavored food and the pumpkin scents. I do have an addictive personality. However, for example, if I tend to eat the same thing over and over again for a while, I will have to take a very long break from it. I just get sick of it too easily.

Happy Friday! :)
Hope recently posted..A New Discovery…

34 Kelly September 16, 2011 at 11:32 am

I’m totally the same way!! I’ve been making the same quinoa dish & bringing it to work for lunch for WEEKS!

35 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance September 16, 2011 at 11:40 am

Wow– 40 degrees already!? If I were you I’d be busting out the pumpkin coffee too ;)
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Cheerio Brothers

36 Courtney September 16, 2011 at 11:42 am

Yeah…it’s FREEZING!!!

37 Kathryn September 16, 2011 at 11:44 am

I’m very much an addictive personality, and really struggle to try to tun that away from junk to good things. Back in high school, my mom and I started jogging every weekday. It got to the point where I never wanted to stop. I loved our morning jogs and was sad when they stopped. I need to push myself back to the gym, so I can get addicted to it again.
When it comes to food, my main addiction is chips and salsa. I just love chips and salsa. Before I started getting healthy in high school, I would eat an entire bag of chips and almost a full jar of salsa per DAY if I wasn’t paying attention. Don’t like pumpkin, though. I’m going to try to make some pumpkin pies this year, because hubby just loves pumpkin pie.

38 Colleen September 16, 2011 at 11:55 am

I think I love pumpkin so much because it reminds me of fall, home, and the holidays. :) I’m ready for a pumpkin donut!
Colleen recently posted..Stigmatization of Obesity–What Can I Do?

39 Ruthie Hart September 16, 2011 at 12:00 pm

I am addicted to pumpkin too! Yesterday I made pumpkin peanutbutter muffins!
Ruthie Hart recently posted..Sponsor Spotlight

40 Jenny September 16, 2011 at 12:09 pm

I’ll definitely need to try out these gear soon! Old college tees aren’t winning me any points at the gym ;)

41 Suzanne Spray September 16, 2011 at 12:13 pm

I never liked pumpkin when I was a child/teenager/young adult…but, the last ten years or so…I LOVE IT! : ) (Although, I can’t quite eat straight-up pumpkin pie yet!) Happy almost Fall!
Suzanne Spray recently posted..Wild Blackberries

42 nicole @ simply Nicole September 16, 2011 at 12:30 pm

i have an addictive personality as well. once i find something i love (pumpkin!) I’ll also over do it until I hate it for a few months. I’ve done it with cream of wheat and greek yogurt so far!
nicole @ simply Nicole recently posted..Favorite Things to Do in the Fall

43 Jordan September 16, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Pumpkin munchkins?! Yummy!!!

44 Lindsay @ biking before bed September 16, 2011 at 1:03 pm

I definitely have an addictive personality. I could eat the same meals all week and be perfectly content. And pumpkin out of the can is delicious… Or maybe I’m just weird.
Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..Thankful on Thursday

45 Yolie @ Practising Wellness September 16, 2011 at 1:16 pm

I’ve got an addictive food personality too…when I love something I eat it over and over again, lol! :-P Your addiction is creative, though, cause it comes in so many different forms – like all your pumplin recipes! :-) So yum! Happy Friday! <3 xyx
Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..short strength session & sooo many squats!

46 Katie @ Plates and Paste September 16, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Because pumpkin is DELICIOUS!

47 Emmarie @ Bananas And Beer September 16, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Also, am I the only one who looked at your cup, and thought it said “pimp”?
Emmarie @ Bananas And Beer recently posted..Fake Laugh?

48 Courtney September 16, 2011 at 2:27 pm

LOL!!! :-D

49 Mary @ Bites and Bliss September 16, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Oh yeah, definitely! I get into different addictive phases..pumpkin in the fall, protein in the summer, oatmeal, bananas..
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..Best with rest

50 kristen September 16, 2011 at 2:44 pm

I love pumpkin too! Last year it was a bummr when there was a shortage

51 Amy September 16, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Oh yes I tend to have a very addictive personality. Gosh I’m addicted to pumpkin, almond butter, fitness magazines, trash magazines, lifting weights, and shopping.
All pretty good addictions i think other than the trash mags.

52 Marykate Sinnott September 16, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Oh my gosh, I am the SAME way!

I love pumpkin and literally wait all year for DD’s to come out with the pumpkin flavor–and then next month, the gingerbread flavor!!! I love both pumpkin and gingerbread and am loving all of the recipes I’ve seen popping up including pumpkin!

PS: kettlecorn is my current “addiction” so I’ll have to keep an eye out for the 100-calorie bags!
Marykate Sinnott recently posted..I remember

53 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 16, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Oh I definitely have an addictive personality! Good thing I’m not addicted to anything bad!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Experiments with “Boatmeal”

54 Jen September 16, 2011 at 5:06 pm

I’m officially on the lookout for pumpkin ice cream. Do you have a favorite brand that makes it? I’m not talkin’ frozen yogurt or anything of that sort. I think Haagen Dazs brings out a pumpkin flavor around this time of year. Hmmm. If you find a good one (which I hope you do, since you’re on such a pumpkin bender), please let me know, because pumpkin ice cream is probably one of my favorite things ever. Woohoo for fall flavors!

55 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats September 16, 2011 at 6:01 pm

I wish there was a Dunkin’ Donuts here so I could try this pumpkin coffee! lol. Pumpkin Spiced Latte’s at Starbucks are just too sweet for me regularly! lol. I definitely feel like I have an addictive personality and it isn’t always a positive in my case. I just try to roll with the punches as they come.
Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..Friday Favorites

56 dee September 16, 2011 at 7:22 pm

I haven’t jumped on the pumpkin bandwagon, but I do have an addictive personality! I’m glad I discovered this about myself because it allows me to stay away from things that will help me further procrastinate when studying (yep, I don’t have a facebook for that reason!). Like you, these addictions come in bouts! I’ll go strong for a few weeks on something (making smoothies with my magic bullet!) Then it dwindles down and and I find something new to be addicted to. :) what a ride, yes?

57 Shana September 16, 2011 at 8:42 pm

I definitely go through food phases where I can eat something every day, multiple times a day for months. I have the same addiction to pumpkin but I totally CAN eat it out of the can. I like it that freakin’ much!
Shana recently posted..Whole latte love

58 maria@la_piattini September 16, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Pumpkin munchkins?! I’ve heard of the pumpkin muffins too at Dunkin but I have yet to see them or the munchkins- these DD in Jersey gotta get their act together cause I’m drooling over here ;)
maria@la_piattini recently posted..Chicken and Caramelized Onion Risotto

59 Danielle September 17, 2011 at 12:32 am

I must go to DD for those pumpkin munchkins! I love that pumpkin is coming back into my life again! haha
I pretty much have the same thing (iced coffee and overnight oats) for breakfast every day and I never really get tired of it either! Add ins change, but it’s the same basic breakfast every day.
Danielle recently posted..Thursday Stuff