Pushed To The Max

This morning’s workout may have near killed me…WOW.

Today was Day 6 of the new workout challenge, which was the longest workout that I’ve had so far.

This whole xtreme thing is apparently no joke. I really pushed myself to the max this morning, and while I may have been huffing and puffing and wanting to just toss myself onto the couch and give up, I kept going.

I went beyond comfortable – far beyond – and by the time I was finished, I was not only thrilled, but I was sweaty, exhausted, and proud. Cody even came to help keep me company as I attempted to cool off in front of the fan. Or maybe he was just checking to make sure his mama was still alive?

I can only imagine what I’ll feel like tomorrow, but I will be cherishing that rest day like it’s nobody’s business. Winking smile

Once I finally cooled down, I grabbed myself a mug of coffee while trying to decide what to make for breakfast. Unfortunately, I think it’s time to toss out my “C” mug

The past few times I’ve used it, I’ve noticed some little rings of coffee being left behind, which I attributed to my clumsiness and figured I probably just dribbled.

However, such is not the case. The crack in the bottom has gotten to the point where it’s just not useable anymore. First the spoon goes, now the mug? So, so sad.

Jay and I agreed that I just have really bad luck with mugs with my initial on them. Thankfully, I have better luck with smoothie bowls!

Today’s combo basically tasted like Pumpkin Pie…you know, just in a bowl. Winking smile

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Bowl

• 1 frozen banana
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/4 cup vanilla Chobani
  • ~1/3 cup pumpkin
  • 1 scoop vanilla SunWarrior
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
  • Dash of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice
  • 3 ice cubes

Part of the reason it reminded me so much of a pumpkin pie was because of the toppings, which included a handful of Quaker Oatmeal Squares and half of a crumbled honey graham Clif Z Bar. Absolutely deeeelicious!

This afternoon, Jay and I are headed to a wedding for one of his cousins. I always love weddings, but what I’m really excited for is the fact that I get to finally wear a dress that I bought from The Limited about four months ago and a pair of my favorite shoes.

I’ll share later, gators! Smile

Questions for the Morning:

Is there anything you’d say that you have bad luck with?

What are YOUR Saturday plans?

1. Ruthie Hart says

youre killin me with the pumpkin…I am so jealous!!! I need to go stock up stat! We just did a 5k to stop child trafficking and headed to a food festival in downtown Austin! Have a great weekend girl!
    Ruthie Hart recently posted..Corn muffin casserole

I have bad luck with martini glasses. My little sister got me the coolest set from Pier One and all but one of them have died. I’ll be heading down to DE soon for the Dogfish Dash 10K which is at their brewery tomorrow. It’s our favorite race of the year because it’s all Dogfish at the afterparty and Scott gets to pay just $10 to be able to join in the fun without having to run. Hah!
    Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl recently posted..Make Mine French

Inspired by Julie, I did 100 squats today (although 5 sets of 20) and man I am dreading tomorrow morning! Oh boy, a rest day never sounded so good! Computers/laptops and I do NOT pair well together…I have the worst luck with them!
    Khushboo recently posted..Pestocado

smoothie looks awesome. i made one and sprinkled nutmeg and cinnamon on top and it was KILLER. your work outs look great. i havent been able to do as much strength training and i reallly need to! your work outs look tough! enjoy your rest day!
    Hannah recently posted..FABULOUS SATURDAY..

5. Kathryn says

I have horribly bad luck with cars, especially tires on cars! Doesn’t matter if I keep up on maintenance and such, I’m always having cars break down on me or tires go flat.

I love the pumpkin bowls, too! I think I am really clumsy/bad with a) gardening and b) keeping fish alive. They both involve plants and water…not a combo I am great at. My weekend plans are: 50-min bikeride (check), laundry (check), college football (currently watching), dinner with my old roommate and then out with her, my boyfriend, and his friends for my “birthday weekend”! Woo!
    Claire recently posted..New Comment Feature and Fashionista Finds

Wow I’m going to have to try that workout! Sounds killer! And you’re pumpkin smoothie looks insanely delicious, I’m so trying that next time with pumpkin!

I have the worst luck with winning anything! :(

And I’m off to spend quality time with the fam and celebrate our anniversary weekend!!

Pumpkin pie smoothie bowl!? I have never thought of that and it is genius. Congrats on your workout! It’s the best feeling to know you accomplished something that was hard! 😀