Pushed To The Max

by Courtney on September 24, 2011

This morning’s workout may have near killed me…WOW.

Today was Day 6 of the new workout challenge, which was the longest workout that I’ve had so far.

workout

This whole xtreme thing is apparently no joke. I really pushed myself to the max this morning, and while I may have been huffing and puffing and wanting to just toss myself onto the couch and give up, I kept going.

I went beyond comfortable – far beyond – and by the time I was finished, I was not only thrilled, but I was sweaty, exhausted, and proud. Cody even came to help keep me company as I attempted to cool off in front of the fan. Or maybe he was just checking to make sure his mama was still alive?

I can only imagine what I’ll feel like tomorrow, but I will be cherishing that rest day like it’s nobody’s business. Winking smile

*****

Once I finally cooled down, I grabbed myself a mug of coffee while trying to decide what to make for breakfast. Unfortunately, I think it’s time to toss out my “C” mug

The past few times I’ve used it, I’ve noticed some little rings of coffee being left behind, which I attributed to my clumsiness and figured I probably just dribbled.

However, such is not the case. The crack in the bottom has gotten to the point where it’s just not useable anymore. First the spoon goes, now the mug? So, so sad.

Jay and I agreed that I just have really bad luck with mugs with my initial on them. Thankfully, I have better luck with smoothie bowls!

Today’s combo basically tasted like Pumpkin Pie…you know, just in a bowl. Winking smile

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Bowl

• 1 frozen banana
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/4 cup vanilla Chobani
  • ~1/3 cup pumpkin
  • 1 scoop vanilla SunWarrior
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
  • Dash of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice
  • 3 ice cubes

Part of the reason it reminded me so much of a pumpkin pie was because of the toppings, which included a handful of Quaker Oatmeal Squares and half of a crumbled honey graham Clif Z Bar. Absolutely deeeelicious!

This afternoon, Jay and I are headed to a wedding for one of his cousins. I always love weddings, but what I’m really excited for is the fact that I get to finally wear a dress that I bought from The Limited about four months ago and a pair of my favorite shoes.

I’ll share later, gators! Smile

Questions for the Morning:

Is there anything you’d say that you have bad luck with?

What are YOUR Saturday plans?

1 Shannon September 24, 2011 at 11:53 am

Sounds like you had an awesome workout! :)
Aw, sorry about your mug!
Yum, your smoothie looks so good! :D

2 Ruthie Hart September 24, 2011 at 12:07 pm

youre killin me with the pumpkin…I am so jealous!!! I need to go stock up stat! We just did a 5k to stop child trafficking and headed to a food festival in downtown Austin! Have a great weekend girl!
Ruthie Hart recently posted..Corn muffin casserole

3 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries September 24, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Sounds like an awesome workout – strong work! :) I love the feeling the next day when you’re so sore… it always makes me feel like I really made an accomplishment.

I might have to make a similar kind of smoothie for lunch…that looks and sounds quite yummy!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Magazine Favorites

4 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine September 24, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Today I’m going out of town to visit some friends! I’m really excited!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Wine Wednesday – Version 1.0

5 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer September 24, 2011 at 12:40 pm

I love weddings, they’re such a special occasion. But I really love getting all dressed up.
Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer recently posted..Lamest Gym Skipping Excuse

6 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats September 24, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Weddings are great but I have had my fair share of them for the month. Enjoying the relaxation of having ZERO plans this weekend and loving it! My plan for today is to relax, job hunt a bit, and maybe work on some homework!
Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..The Latest Pump

7 Amanda September 24, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Today is all about relaxing for me….doing some baking, watching some good movies, and just taking an easy! Happy Saturday :)
Amanda recently posted..Random, But True…

8 Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl September 24, 2011 at 1:13 pm

I have bad luck with martini glasses. My little sister got me the coolest set from Pier One and all but one of them have died. I’ll be heading down to DE soon for the Dogfish Dash 10K which is at their brewery tomorrow. It’s our favorite race of the year because it’s all Dogfish at the afterparty and Scott gets to pay just $10 to be able to join in the fun without having to run. Hah!
Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl recently posted..Make Mine French

9 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 24, 2011 at 1:45 pm

No exciting Saturday plans for this girl… just finished cleaning, now I have some grad work to do! :-/ Have fun at the wedding! Can’t wait to see the outfit.

10 Cara @ EAT. PRAY. RUN. September 24, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Nice job at on the work out! I love reading your progress. Have you ever tried the Nike Training Club app? It’s an amazing home workout on your iphone (or whatever phone, i guess ;) It’s got me so spoiled doing my strength/x-training in my living room! Enjoy your evening!
Cara @ EAT. PRAY. RUN. recently posted..Look At Me! I Can Juggle and Balance at the Same Time!

11 Jess @ Jess Go Bananas September 24, 2011 at 1:51 pm

I have bad luck with remote control….I always just seem to hit the wrong button! lol love the smoothie bowl!
Jess @ Jess Go Bananas recently posted..Let The Pumpkins Roll…

12 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance September 24, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Haha good thing Cody doesn’t jump on you DURING your workouts! I just got a new chihuahua puppy, and he thinks I’m playing with him every time I get down on the floor to do Bodyrock. He goes insane and jumps all over me– I can barely complete the circuits!

Yes, that’s the excuse I’m using 8)
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..There’s No Place Like Home

13 Sana September 24, 2011 at 2:34 pm

I just have bad luck with a lot of things, electronics, clothes, shoes need I go on?

14 Khushboo September 24, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Inspired by Julie, I did 100 squats today (although 5 sets of 20) and man I am dreading tomorrow morning! Oh boy, a rest day never sounded so good! Computers/laptops and I do NOT pair well together…I have the worst luck with them!
Khushboo recently posted..Pestocado

15 Sara @ RunnerWife September 24, 2011 at 3:57 pm

I may have to seriously consider this workout after I get done with my marathon. It would be such a nice break to switch it up a little bit :)
Sara @ RunnerWife recently posted..Long Run Necessities

16 Hannah September 24, 2011 at 5:02 pm

smoothie looks awesome. i made one and sprinkled nutmeg and cinnamon on top and it was KILLER. your work outs look great. i havent been able to do as much strength training and i reallly need to! your work outs look tough! enjoy your rest day!
Hannah recently posted..FABULOUS SATURDAY..

17 Kathryn September 24, 2011 at 5:25 pm

I have horribly bad luck with cars, especially tires on cars! Doesn’t matter if I keep up on maintenance and such, I’m always having cars break down on me or tires go flat.

18 Claire September 24, 2011 at 5:36 pm

I love the pumpkin bowls, too! I think I am really clumsy/bad with a) gardening and b) keeping fish alive. They both involve plants and water…not a combo I am great at. My weekend plans are: 50-min bikeride (check), laundry (check), college football (currently watching), dinner with my old roommate and then out with her, my boyfriend, and his friends for my “birthday weekend”! Woo!
Claire recently posted..New Comment Feature and Fashionista Finds

19 Shayla @ The Good Life September 24, 2011 at 6:27 pm

Wow I’m going to have to try that workout! Sounds killer! And you’re pumpkin smoothie looks insanely delicious, I’m so trying that next time with pumpkin!

I have the worst luck with winning anything! :(

And I’m off to spend quality time with the fam and celebrate our anniversary weekend!!

20 Stephanie @ StephSnacks September 24, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Oh my gosh that pumpkin smoothie sounds soooo good — I am definitely going to make it!
Stephanie @ StephSnacks recently posted..Citrus

21 Anna @ Food Fitness Frolicking September 24, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Pumpkin pie smoothie bowl? AMEN.

And with a cliff bar and quaker squares on top? DIVINE.

What a great idea! :)
Anna @ Food Fitness Frolicking recently posted..Roasted Asparagus, Salmon Burgers, and Camera Advice

22 Sarah September 24, 2011 at 9:56 pm

That workout sounds intense, but awesome! Mmm pumpkin pie smoothie, thanks for the recipe :)
Sarah recently posted..first among many: UVM

23 Brittany September 24, 2011 at 10:40 pm

Pumpkin pie smoothie bowl!? I have never thought of that and it is genius. Congrats on your workout! It’s the best feeling to know you accomplished something that was hard! :D