Life Is Good

by Courtney on October 2, 2011

There were so many things about today that were just awesome…

Like the fact that I got to spend it with some of my best buddies.

I got to get my hands on cutie Brody once again.

(please ignore the scrub appearance today…I just wasn’t feelin’ it)

There was plenty of good food to go around…

Including these amazing bars, courtesy of Mal, which I happily ate two of.

My second attempt at baked brie in puff pastry with raspberry preserves only exploded about half as bad as last week…hey, I’m making progress.

Mal’s famous chili…

Which was then made even more amazing once it was dumped into a Panera bread bowl.

FYI: This stuff is serious. By the time I was finished, there was about half of a completely gutted shell of a bowl left. So, so, so good!

Pumpkin Pie Smidgens from Gertrude Hawk. This place has some amazingly delicious goodies.

And, to top it all off, I’m currently leading the football pool that I’m in.

pool

Now let’s just hope that my Jets don’t let me down!

Life is good, my friends, life is GOOD. Smile

1 Mallory @ It's Only Life October 2, 2011 at 9:02 pm

that baked brie may have exploded less, but it looks JUST as tasty as it did in the first pic! i am salivating at the thought of puffed pastry +my favorite cheese ever! and wow, that chili looks amazing! perfect for cooler weather.

awesome job on the football pool! go jets!
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Most Amazing Bread

2 Amy October 2, 2011 at 9:03 pm

Looks like a great day :)

Life IS good!! It’s all about the little things, right??

Have a great Sunday night!!

3 Sara @ Runnerwife October 2, 2011 at 9:05 pm

what an awesome day you had! Good job on your picks! That is great!
Sara @ Runnerwife recently posted..Last Long Run

4 Sana October 2, 2011 at 9:10 pm

Sweet baby :)

5 Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews October 2, 2011 at 9:12 pm

That chili does look really good! This is going to sound really weird but this morning, I made scrambled eggs with a bit of chili in it and topped off with some cheddar cheese. Odd, but amazing!
Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews recently posted..Prepaid Credit Cards

6 Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl October 2, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Did Jay go to Siena? My sister’s hubs is an alum. ;) Looks like an awesome Sunday! I’m rooting for the Jets to score major points and kick lots of field goals as I have Folk as my kicker and my opponent has the Ravens D.
Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl recently posted..Feels Like Fall Weekend

7 Courtney October 2, 2011 at 9:14 pm

No, he didn’t, but we both have shirts from when we were routing them on in their basketball games. Our cousins Sarah & Jeff went there, though :)

8 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy October 2, 2011 at 9:13 pm

I love laid back Sundays! That’s what sweats were made for :)
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..A Day Full of Racing

9 Kristen @ notsodomesticated October 2, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Brody is too darn cute!!! And that chili looks amazing. I’m seriously loving chili, and all other seasonal foods, right now! We were part of a “soup cookoff” yesterday and it was SO fun! We got to try 15 different soups. Yum! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Reflecting on September and “Whatcha Reading?”

10 Sweet and Savvy October 2, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Looks like the perfect Sunday! :)

That baby is so so adorable! And I’m pretty jealous of all that delicious looking food!
Sweet and Savvy recently posted..Mexican Spaghetti Squash and Beans

11 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill October 2, 2011 at 9:22 pm

You can buy Panera bread bowls?! I never knew! And I want one of those candies…yummm!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Fells Point Fun Festival

12 Courtney October 2, 2011 at 10:20 pm

YES! They’re seriously amazing, aren’t they?

13 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine October 2, 2011 at 9:33 pm

I really need to make Baked Brie stat!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..I Said Goodbye to my home.

14 Meg October 2, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Any chance you could get and post the recipe for Mal’s bars? They looks amazing!

15 Courtney October 2, 2011 at 10:19 pm

It mayyyyy be making an appearance soon ;)

16 EG Gal October 3, 2011 at 4:18 pm

I think Mal should make a guest appearance on the blog and post her chili recipe too!!

17 Courtney October 3, 2011 at 4:33 pm

I will have to discuss this with Mal! :)

18 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance October 2, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Don’t apologize for scrubbin’ it! Scrubs are the new evening wear.
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Ms. Independent

19 Courtney October 2, 2011 at 10:19 pm

I love that! :)

20 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats October 2, 2011 at 10:50 pm

That chili looks so good! :) What would be really awesome is if someone created cornbread bowls! lol.
Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..Simple Sunday

21 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries October 2, 2011 at 11:14 pm

It looks like a day filled with glorious eats! I LOVE bread bowls, especially with chili in them. :)
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Sunday Afternoon Highlights

22 Danica @ It's Progression Not Perfection October 2, 2011 at 11:15 pm

I love that baby Brody is chewing on your sweatshirt string in that picture-too cute!
Danica @ It’s Progression Not Perfection recently posted..Workouts 9/25 – 10/1 (300 squats!)

23 Khushboo October 3, 2011 at 1:27 am

THose bread bowls are genius- the filling = perfect dippage tools! Love the optimism of the most- it’s the little things that matter in life…they all add up to something great. Hope your week follows suit :)!
Khushboo recently posted..Week 1 recap

24 Shannon October 3, 2011 at 4:49 am

Looks like you had a great weekend! I love spending time with friends and family :) Your eats look delicous to!
Shannon recently posted..Who Says?

25 Hope October 3, 2011 at 9:30 am

I love soup in a bread bowl! That is such a good idea to grab bread bowls from Panera to serve homemade soup in. I’m going to have do that. Sounds like you had a great weekend! :)
Hope recently posted..A Pumpkin Filled Morning…

26 Sarah-Jane October 3, 2011 at 10:54 am

I LOVE smidgens! Gertrude Hawks is chocolate from my hometown! Every holiday is filled with plenty of smidgens and chocolate peanut butter pretzels. :)

27 Marla October 4, 2011 at 9:28 am

do you think you could post her chili recipe? I need to find a good one!

28 Courtney October 4, 2011 at 9:29 am

It will probably be posted next week! :)