Super Snacky

by Courtney on October 4, 2011

I am happy to report that the first day on the job has been successfully completed!

The day went by surprisingly fast and I really do think I’m going to have a great time there. Some of you have asked whether or not I’m working somewhere that coincides with my personal training certification but no, it’s definitely a different end of the spectrum! I’m actually working at a local salon, which means I get to be around lots of fun girly stuff all day long. I’m not gonna lie…I’m pretty psyched about it!

One, of the many, things that I did learn today, is that I will need to dress warmer. Holy moly it was chilly in there! It’s not like it takes much though…usually when I’m comfortably warm, everybody else is sweating, so take it for what it’s worth. Either way, I came home and immediately put on the cozies…

Oh yes, and just so you know…the first time that I pictured these new slippers, they actually were on the right feet. Winking smile They just looked a little funky in the angle of the photo, but I loved how so many of you caught onto that and had me questioning whether they really were or not (I wouldn’t put it past me).

Once the cozies were in place, I found myself rummaging through the cabinet looking for something to snack on because I was a starvin’ Marvin! I ended up pulling out a bag of chips that I picked up for Jay from Target (actually on the same day I bought the slippers, ironically) and snacked on a few handfuls of those.

These had caught my attention initially because a) they’re baked, and b) we both love balsamic vinegar anything. The balsamic and herb flavors are both definitely very prominent on these chips, but in a good way. I loved ‘em…which you can tell, umm, judging from the herbs stuck underneath my thumbnail. Woops.

A few handfuls later, I figured I should probably settle down and make some dinner. Jay and I decided to work on clearing out some of the leftovers tonight, so lucky for me, I was able to put something together super fast.

I put together a salad or romaine, cukes, black beans, leftover cauliflower, dried cranberries, and a piece of grilled chicken.

I actually still had my half sandwich left from Saturday night’s dinner, so I took it off of the flatbread, sliced it up, and added it to the salad. I love it when leftovers work out like that!

On the side, I also had a piece of toasted rosemary and olive oil bread with a little butter.

Then, immediately after I finished dinner, I scarfed down two chocolate covered dates.

And now, I’m still feeling super snacky and all I want to do is raid my TJ’s cat cookie bin. I don’t know what is up with me tonight! It must be because I wasn’t home to snack all afternoon like I usually do…hmmm.

I guess this is a good thing and a bad thing I’m going to have to work on. Oy vey!

Question for the Evening:

What time of day do you tend to snack the most? Afternoon? Before/after dinner?

For me, it’s definitely after dinner, no doubt about it!

1 Blog is the New Black October 4, 2011 at 7:21 pm

I always get snacky after dinner/before bed… like the worst timing!

Glad you had a great first day! :)
Blog is the New Black recently posted..Orange & White Chocolate Chip Scones

2 Ashlee October 4, 2011 at 7:27 pm

I snack in the afternoon usually, but if I am home alone at night I cannot seem to stay out of the kitchen.
Ashlee recently posted..Bad Day = Motivation

3 nicole @ simply Nicole October 4, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Always in the mood for snacks right before lunch!
nicole @ simply Nicole recently posted..Apple Cider Cupcakes

4 EG Gal October 4, 2011 at 7:50 pm

Congrats on the new job!! A few girls I work with read your blog (ok..we’re obsessed with it and talk about you like we know you) and we were trying to guess where your new job was. I totally guessed the salon based on the hours and the fact that you said it was with a good group of girls.

5 Maria@La_Piattini October 4, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Definitely after dinner! I always need something sweet!
Maria@La_Piattini recently posted..Patterned Tights

6 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen October 4, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Around 3-4pm every day I go crazy with the snack-ies. Now that it’s cooler out, I try to mask it with hot tea but more often than not I end up grabbing something sweet to go along with said tea ;)
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..End of summer barley salad

7 Kait October 4, 2011 at 8:35 pm

Gina, I do the EXACT same thing. Hot tea only works 1/2 the time. . . Otherwise I usually succumb to my favorite cereal!! I have a problem…

8 Shayla @ The Good Life October 4, 2011 at 8:15 pm

How fun to work in a salon! And glad to hear your first day went well :)

I’m most definitely an after dinner snacker…something takes over me in the kitchen after dinner and I just can’t stop the dessert madness!
Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Job Satisfaction

9 Melissa October 4, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Isn’t it the best when you can repurpose leftovers like that!? I’m super snacky after dinner. Bad bad habit! I try to cut myself off my 8:30 so I’m not eating too soon before bed, or I won’t be able to sleep!

BTW, made your stuffed spaghetti squash tonight and it was FAB!!! Thanks for the recipe! :)
Melissa recently posted..You’re the Best

10 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 4, 2011 at 8:26 pm

I just got the same type of chips at Target only I got the bacon ranch flavor; they’re awesome!

I feel like I’m always snacky, but I suppose it’s the worst after dinner!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Trying New Things

11 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles October 4, 2011 at 8:28 pm

YAY! Work went well and now you’re filled with delicious food AND wearing cozy slippers! A successful day if I’ve ever heard one :)
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Hello positive thing #1

12 Samantha October 4, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Oooh a salon – how fun! I always have so much fun when I’m at the salon getting my hair done.

I am SO SNACKY after dinner, like every night, it’s awful!
Samantha recently posted..Monday Monday

13 Lauren October 4, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Your mind was working extra hard today which probably explains the increased appetite. :) Congrats on the successful first day!
Lauren recently posted..Backwards for the Best

14 Bethany October 4, 2011 at 8:33 pm

I work @ a salon too and the stylists in there are always HOT, which means us front desk girls are COLD. I feel your pain, always bring a sweater/jean jacket ;)

15 Kait October 4, 2011 at 8:38 pm

I’m so excited that you’re working at a salon. I was the receptionist at a day spa and hair salon in high school and I loved, loved, LOVED it. It was so much fun being with the girls all day (although I recall they kept the salon FRIGID as well).

In terms of snacking… my time is definitely mid-to-late afternoon and after dinner. Once 4 pm hits, its a struggle to keep me out of the pantry for a nibble. :)

16 Lauren B. October 4, 2011 at 8:40 pm

When I saw the title of your post, I thought, “she must be talking about me!”. I had a major snack attack this afternoon, which is unusual for me. I usually get the munchies at night, for sure. But today, I made friends with buckeye chocolates, caramel corn, and pumpkin granola. Now I don’t want a nutritious dinner. Oops. Oh well- “Tomorrow is another day!”

17 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries October 4, 2011 at 8:43 pm

It’s most definitely after dinner for me too! It’s something I’ve actually recently been working on and a goal I made for myself for the month of October.
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Pumpkin Banana Bread

18 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 4, 2011 at 9:00 pm

I snack the most at night! So glad your first day went well!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..cheap dates 101

19 Shelly October 4, 2011 at 9:01 pm

If I am bored at work or get home early from work, then I am super snacky in the afternoon. Otherwise I am usually searching for something more after dinner. That’s when I know I have to work out before I clean my house out of food!
Shelly recently posted..Monday Letdowns

20 Rosa - Fitness Food Fulfilled October 4, 2011 at 9:04 pm

I’m glad the first day of your new job went well!

I always feel snacky around 3pm and then again at 6pm, when I get home from work. Oh yeah, and then after dinner when I want something sweet. Weird cravings!
Rosa – Fitness Food Fulfilled recently posted..What I’ve Learned From Marathon Training So Far

21 Stellina October 4, 2011 at 9:05 pm

I have an after dinner snacking problem like WOAH! Congrats on the job :)
Stellina recently posted..Music Monday’s & A Falling Sky

22 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers October 4, 2011 at 9:36 pm

Sometimes, after one solid dessert/snack, I like to brush my teeth and make a glass of ice water to prevent snackage. I’m also a post-work and post-dinner snack attacker.
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Group Fitness Etiquette

23 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine October 4, 2011 at 9:41 pm

I’m definitely a night time (after dinner) snacker.
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Teavana Tea Review

24 Lindsey October 4, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Afternoon I am always snacky, so I make sure to have a few healthier snacks on hand at work so that I am less tempted to hit the candy bowl! I eat supper later so I usually don’t snack much after supper.
Lindsey recently posted..Winners & Donuts!

25 Katy October 4, 2011 at 10:17 pm

3:00 (when the children leave my classroom to return to their homes) I thank God and then ALL I want to do is snack!! It’s a weird time of day…not close to lunch but not close to dinner.
Katy recently posted..Biker Rallies, Boutiques, and Running

26 Chelcie of Chelcie's Food Files October 4, 2011 at 11:20 pm

I definitely snack more after dinner! Glad your first day at work went well!
Chelcie of Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..Fun shopping trip..to the natural foods store

27 Ray October 4, 2011 at 11:53 pm

I snack all day long at work. That’s part of the reason why I started Good For You Vending. I wanted better snack options at work on those days when I didn’t pack enough!

28 Cait @ Cait hates Cake October 4, 2011 at 11:53 pm

After dinner for sure. Gotta have a nighttime snack.
Cait @ Cait hates Cake recently posted..Booty Shaking

29 Khushboo October 5, 2011 at 12:42 am

My colleagues at work hate me because I am always switching off the AC and they claim it’s like a sauna- i love it! I’m defo an evening snacker after dinner…I seriously cannot stop!
Khushboo recently posted..Whoop De Doo!

30 Jackie @ That Deep Breath October 5, 2011 at 12:46 am

That rosemary olive oil bread looks SO good! I’m thinking I need to go get some bread tomorrow. Yum!! Glad your loving your new job!
Jackie @ That Deep Breath recently posted..Meal Planning: How I Make a Plan

31 Kelly October 5, 2011 at 8:17 am

I tend to be my snackiest between like 4 and 6….right before dinner. I have definitely ruined my dinner more than once.
Kelly recently posted..hate

32 Hope October 5, 2011 at 9:09 am

I’m glad that your part-time job went well! I love how you made your leftovers look like a completely different meal! Leftovers are the best! :)

I tend to be snacky before dinner or after dinner.
Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk Wednesday: Men’s Wedding Fashion…

33 Mac October 5, 2011 at 10:15 am

I have those same slippers! I love them! I don’t really have a “favorite” time to snack, it is just basically when I’m not doing anything, aka watching tv or blogging.
Mac recently posted..Four Legged Walking Partner