I Told You I Could Do It

Last night, I debated on writing up a blog post but honestly, it would not have been all that exciting. From when I last chatted with you all, there was not much happening in the life of Courtney other than some solid studying and take-out sushi for dinner.

Jay texted me mid-afternoon asking if I’d like him to pick up sushi for dinner on his way home from work. Honestly, there isn’t even any question in that for me, ever; but it’s a rare occasion that he will suggest it on his own. As it turns out, apparently there was a couple guys who had sushi at work which sparked his craving. Works for me!

We ordered from Yoshi Sushi which not only has good sushi, but also gives you complimentary miso soup and salad with every order. That, I like.

I ordered a California Roll,

and a New York Roll (with no mayo), which included crab, shrimp, avocado, and apple slices. The apple slices were totally unique, but I really, really enjoyed them.

Usually since I post shortly after eating dinner, you guys don’t get to see what I end up having for dessert (which is almost always), so here ya have it!

A piece of pumpkin gingerbread topped with Nutella (oh.em.gee) and a mug of sugar-free hot chocolate. Delicious.

See? I told you I’d be able to incorporate that bread at every meal.

*****

Workout

This morning, I started things off with a trip down to the treadmill. I think I like having Tuesdays as my “longer run day” which I say in quotations because I’m sure many of you find a long run of 4-ish miles amusing, but it’s ok. I’m cool with it. Winking smile

I wound up doing somewhat of a modified version of the 5-4-3-2-1 Treadmill Routine, which looked a little somethin’ like this…I even typed it up in festive Halloween colors, for your viewing pleasure.

40 minute interval run

I’m still working on getting my running mojo back after basically taking a month off, so this routine was no cake walk run for me, but I’m getting there!

Breakfast

Yesterday’s combo was so tasty that I just couldn’t resist having it again…

I’ll tell ya, at the rate I’m going, this bread is going to be gone before I know it…and I’m the only one eating it in the house. Yikes.

I’m also still totally loving this coffee, too. Festive and scrumptious.

And before I go, I thought I’d leave you all with a little smile to start your day…

So now, no matter what, you can say you’ve had some positivity in your morning.

Now let’s go tackle this Tuesday!

Questions for the Morning:

WOULD YOU RATHER…

• Eat sushi for dinner everyday for a month –OR- eat cereal for dinner everyday for a month?
  • Spend 40 minutes running at a steady pace –OR- 20 minutes doing an intense interval run?

Comments

cereal for dinner – definitely! sushi is amazing but could you imagine eating it ever day?? you’d hate it! and a 20 minute intense run! – cause i suck at running, intervals are so much easier for me! :) xo
    Amanda recently posted..Weekend Recap

Sushi, but I am sure the novelty would wear off by day 4….
    The hubbie had sushi in Japan and he is not one for fish at all but loved it, I’d fall over if he suggested it for dinner though.
    I think the apple in those rolls looks great, really clever how it is cut quite thin so as to add a little something but not overpower.

I’d have to do the steady-pace run, it’s still early days for me :)
    AnnetteCook recently posted..Pumpkin-ALE-ia Mania

3. briana says

ok quick question, I just got back from my honeymoon in st luia and my jeans barely fit! What should I do? Did you have that p roblem??

• Courtney says

Oh geez girl…Jay and I both had that problem. I guess that’s what happens when you eat at unlimited buffets and drink fruity frozen drinks all day long! 😉
      Don’t worry – once you ease back into everyday life you’ll be back to normal!

Awe, how cute are you with your ketchup smile! :)

Cereal–more variety. Plus, I like sushi a lot, but all the salt bloats me like no other, and I couldn’t deal with that for a month! I love long runs, so I’d definitely go for 40 minutes, although I do enjoy intervals, too. I just like running. (<–not crazy AT ALL! 😉 )

I’d definitely go with the sushi… as long as you could switch up the rolls! I love the sound of apple in sushi! And I’m so with you on the free salad. I hope it had the ginger dressing. And I’d have to go with the stead pace run. Intervals are really hard for me.
    Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..Monday Pizza Party

Apple slices in sushi??? Never heard/thought of that but I bet it tastes great…even better if there’s some cream cheese action going on! As much as I love my cereal, I’m going to have to go with sushi every night! I can always get my cereal fix in the morning, can’t say the same about sushi!
    Khushboo recently posted..Weighing up my options

7. Traci says

Um, sushi and intervals, no question.

You got me showing all those pictures of pumpkin gingerbread. I made it last night. It’s awesome :)

I would definitely prefer cereal BUT I am not sure I’d like to eat the same thing every single day! And, call me strange… but, I’d prefer a 40 minute steady run to intervals. I don’t mind intervals but there is something about that steady pace that I like. :)
    Care @HealthierGirl recently posted..The Motivation to Trade Up

Haha I love your ketchup smiley face on your eggs!

I’d rather eat cereal for dinner for a month. As much as I love sushi, I think I might get a little sick of it after eating it that many times in a row. I don’t want to ruin it for myself either!
    I’d rather do an interval run for 20 mins. I get bored easily! And I’m right there with ya on 4 miles being a “long run”. 😉
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..How Much Is A Serving?

I don’t blame you for wanting So much of That bread! It sounds delicious. :)

I’d rather have cereal, just because I absolutely hate seafood of any kind. I know, I know. I’m weird.
    And I’d rather do a quick, intense work Out! I’m not a fan at all of running(or most cardio for That fact) so whatever gets it out of the way!

Since sushi can come in so many awesome varieties, I will definitely go with sushi every day for a month! I cannot even imagine how awesome that would be! I’m a toss up, some days I like the quick and dirty intervals, and other days I like to zone out while doing a steady longer run. I think I’ll go with the zone-out long run. :)
    Krissie J recently posted..Weekend of Fun

Those are hard ones–How about cereal for breakfast and sushi for dinner every day for a month? Two of my fav foods! I think I’d rather do an intense 20 minutes and be done, but I suck at intervals so who knows haha. That bread looks amazing every time you post it!
    Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..Summit Trail

I think I would rather eat cereal every day for dinner because I get sick of sushi really easily! even though I love it..and as far as running goes, definitely the 20 minutes of interval running for me! and 4 miles is definitely a long run for me too!
    Nutella on pumpkin bread..oh my goddd that looks amazing!
    Chelcie of Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..Things Accomplished Today

14. Britt says

Sorry I’ve always wondered this…not trying to be funny…but why do you eat your eggs with ketchup?? Im sure you probably explained it in an older post.

I love your blog! Its just everytime I see a pic of eggs with ketchup on it, I mentally scratch my head and ask, I wonder why? Is it healthier like that or something? LOL!

Im sure its just because you like the taste of it :)

Cute smiley eggs! Thanks for the laugh! I would choose sushi everyday because there are so many varieties and my sweet tooth isn’t as big as my love for sushi!

I would choose the 40 minute at a steady pace over the 20 minute interval MOST days, but I like to do quick workouts too…this is a tough one!
    Claire recently posted..We Encourage Tuesdays: Wisdom

I need to make that bread! Hey, if you’re having it spread out and not all in one sitting it’s totally fine for it to be gone soon! 😀
    I’d take the sushi for sure. I love free miso & salad too!
    I like intervals on a treadmill but when I’m outside in nice weather I’m find with a steady pace :)

Definitely cereal everyday!! I love sushi but I couldn’t handle it everyday…cereal though, especially your cereal combos ;), I could definitely do everyday and in fact have been having it every morning straight for a month! :)

I’d rather do slow and steady for 40 minutes since interval running messes up my bum hip :(
    Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Family Fun Weekend

I’m the same way when I make a treat that I like…I eat it nonstop. My solution has been to take a small bit to keep for myself and then take the rest to the office so that I don’t end up eating 2 loaves of sugary sweet goodness within a few days :) I like making smiley faces with my food, too!
    Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Please Don’t Go

19. Shannon says

I’d rather eat cereal for breakfast everyday for a month and run at a steady pace for 40 minutes.

Great post! :)

Even though you think four miles isn’t a “long run,” that looks like a really intense four miles! I can keep a steady pace for quite a few miles, but intervals are tough for me. Looks like a great workout!
    Shana recently posted..Hold the whine.

21. Brittany @ Life of a Bama Girl says

This one is easy! Sushi! And 40 mins steady pace! Your pictures have me craving sushi and a ginger salad….
    Brittany @ Life of a Bama Girl recently posted..Decorating!

Trackbacks