I Told You I Could Do It

by Courtney on October 25, 2011

Last night, I debated on writing up a blog post but honestly, it would not have been all that exciting. From when I last chatted with you all, there was not much happening in the life of Courtney other than some solid studying and take-out sushi for dinner.

Jay texted me mid-afternoon asking if I’d like him to pick up sushi for dinner on his way home from work. Honestly, there isn’t even any question in that for me, ever; but it’s a rare occasion that he will suggest it on his own. As it turns out, apparently there was a couple guys who had sushi at work which sparked his craving. Works for me!

We ordered from Yoshi Sushi which not only has good sushi, but also gives you complimentary miso soup and salad with every order. That, I like.

I ordered a California Roll,

and a New York Roll (with no mayo), which included crab, shrimp, avocado, and apple slices. The apple slices were totally unique, but I really, really enjoyed them.

Usually since I post shortly after eating dinner, you guys don’t get to see what I end up having for dessert (which is almost always), so here ya have it!

A piece of pumpkin gingerbread topped with Nutella (oh.em.gee) and a mug of sugar-free hot chocolate. Delicious.

See? I told you I’d be able to incorporate that bread at every meal.

*****

Workout

This morning, I started things off with a trip down to the treadmill. I think I like having Tuesdays as my “longer run day” which I say in quotations because I’m sure many of you find a long run of 4-ish miles amusing, but it’s ok. I’m cool with it. Winking smile

I wound up doing somewhat of a modified version of the 5-4-3-2-1 Treadmill Routine, which looked a little somethin’ like this…I even typed it up in festive Halloween colors, for your viewing pleasure.

40 minute interval run

I’m still working on getting my running mojo back after basically taking a month off, so this routine was no cake walk run for me, but I’m getting there!

Breakfast

Yesterday’s combo was so tasty that I just couldn’t resist having it again…

I’ll tell ya, at the rate I’m going, this bread is going to be gone before I know it…and I’m the only one eating it in the house. Yikes.

I’m also still totally loving this coffee, too. Festive and scrumptious.

And before I go, I thought I’d leave you all with a little smile to start your day…

So now, no matter what, you can say you’ve had some positivity in your morning.

Now let’s go tackle this Tuesday!

Questions for the Morning:

WOULD YOU RATHER…

• Eat sushi for dinner everyday for a month –OR- eat cereal for dinner everyday for a month?
  • Spend 40 minutes running at a steady pace –OR- 20 minutes doing an intense interval run?

1 Amanda October 25, 2011 at 9:16 am

cereal for dinner – definitely! sushi is amazing but could you imagine eating it ever day?? you’d hate it! and a 20 minute intense run! – cause i suck at running, intervals are so much easier for me! :) xo
Amanda recently posted..Weekend Recap

2 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen October 25, 2011 at 9:17 am

Sushi & intervals!
I love the idea of apple slices in a sushi roll, very “New York” :)
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Creamy broccoli soup with crispy shallots

3 Lindsey October 25, 2011 at 9:18 am

Tough one, I love sushi but think I would hate it a lot more after a month of eating it compared to cereal… so cereal. Oh and I would hate to ruin sushi for myself!
20 minute interval run!
Lindsey recently posted..Going With Your Gut

4 AnnetteCook October 25, 2011 at 9:21 am

Sushi, but I am sure the novelty would wear off by day 4….
The hubbie had sushi in Japan and he is not one for fish at all but loved it, I’d fall over if he suggested it for dinner though.
I think the apple in those rolls looks great, really clever how it is cut quite thin so as to add a little something but not overpower.

I’d have to do the steady-pace run, it’s still early days for me :)
AnnetteCook recently posted..Pumpkin-ALE-ia Mania

5 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat October 25, 2011 at 9:21 am

Sushi & 20 minutes, for sure.

Sushi is one thing my husband pretended to like while we were dating but now admits he isn’t a fan. Now I eat it when I’m flying solo or out with friends!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Pumpkin Granola Perfection

6 briana October 25, 2011 at 9:23 am

ok quick question, I just got back from my honeymoon in st luia and my jeans barely fit! What should I do? Did you have that p roblem??

7 Courtney October 25, 2011 at 11:41 am

Oh geez girl…Jay and I both had that problem. I guess that’s what happens when you eat at unlimited buffets and drink fruity frozen drinks all day long! ;)
Don’t worry – once you ease back into everyday life you’ll be back to normal!

8 Melissa October 25, 2011 at 9:25 am

Awe, how cute are you with your ketchup smile! :)

Cereal–more variety. Plus, I like sushi a lot, but all the salt bloats me like no other, and I couldn’t deal with that for a month! I love long runs, so I’d definitely go for 40 minutes, although I do enjoy intervals, too. I just like running. (<–not crazy AT ALL! ;) )

9 Courtney October 25, 2011 at 11:39 am

Yes, the bloat…good thing I’m wearing stretchy pants today ;)

10 Lindsay @ biking before bed October 25, 2011 at 9:33 am

I’d definitely go with the sushi… as long as you could switch up the rolls! I love the sound of apple in sushi! And I’m so with you on the free salad. I hope it had the ginger dressing. And I’d have to go with the stead pace run. Intervals are really hard for me.
Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..Monday Pizza Party

11 Khushboo October 25, 2011 at 9:39 am

Apple slices in sushi??? Never heard/thought of that but I bet it tastes great…even better if there’s some cream cheese action going on! As much as I love my cereal, I’m going to have to go with sushi every night! I can always get my cereal fix in the morning, can’t say the same about sushi!
Khushboo recently posted..Weighing up my options

12 Mallory @ It's Only Life October 25, 2011 at 9:40 am

i love both, but i’d go with cereal! i could eat it for every meal and not be sick of it. i just love it that much.

i think i’d rather do 40 minutes of steady running. i feel less dead afterwards!

13 Courtney October 25, 2011 at 11:38 am

I’m with ya Mallory – me and cereal are like *this*! ;)

14 Traci October 25, 2011 at 9:42 am

Um, sushi and intervals, no question.

You got me showing all those pictures of pumpkin gingerbread. I made it last night. It’s awesome :)

15 Courtney October 25, 2011 at 11:38 am

Oooooo, it’s awesome, right?!? I’m in love…

16 Care @HealthierGirl October 25, 2011 at 9:44 am

I would definitely prefer cereal BUT I am not sure I’d like to eat the same thing every single day! And, call me strange… but, I’d prefer a 40 minute steady run to intervals. I don’t mind intervals but there is something about that steady pace that I like. :)
Care @HealthierGirl recently posted..The Motivation to Trade Up

17 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries October 25, 2011 at 9:45 am

Haha I love your ketchup smiley face on your eggs!

I’d rather eat cereal for dinner for a month. As much as I love sushi, I think I might get a little sick of it after eating it that many times in a row. I don’t want to ruin it for myself either!
I’d rather do an interval run for 20 mins. I get bored easily! And I’m right there with ya on 4 miles being a “long run”. ;)
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..How Much Is A Serving?

18 Steph @ StephSnacks October 25, 2011 at 9:58 am

Realistically, I’d probably rather eat cereal every day for a month. Sushi is my favorite, but I don’t know that I could eat it every day.
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..An Accomplished Weekend

19 Courtney October 25, 2011 at 11:38 am

I’m with ya – I love sushi, but I love cereal more :)

20 Sweet and Savvy October 25, 2011 at 10:04 am

I don’t blame you for wanting So much of That bread! It sounds delicious. :)

I’d rather have cereal, just because I absolutely hate seafood of any kind. I know, I know. I’m weird.
And I’d rather do a quick, intense work Out! I’m not a fan at all of running(or most cardio for That fact) so whatever gets it out of the way!

21 Courtney October 25, 2011 at 11:37 am

Not weird at all! ;)

22 Jerica October 25, 2011 at 10:12 am

Sushi and intervals – no question!

23 Krissie J October 25, 2011 at 10:23 am

Since sushi can come in so many awesome varieties, I will definitely go with sushi every day for a month! I cannot even imagine how awesome that would be! I’m a toss up, some days I like the quick and dirty intervals, and other days I like to zone out while doing a steady longer run. I think I’ll go with the zone-out long run. :)
Krissie J recently posted..Weekend of Fun

24 Ari @ Ari's Menu October 25, 2011 at 10:29 am

Those are hard ones–How about cereal for breakfast and sushi for dinner every day for a month? Two of my fav foods! I think I’d rather do an intense 20 minutes and be done, but I suck at intervals so who knows haha. That bread looks amazing every time you post it!
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..Summit Trail

25 Chelcie of Chelcie's Food Files October 25, 2011 at 10:31 am

I think I would rather eat cereal every day for dinner because I get sick of sushi really easily! even though I love it..and as far as running goes, definitely the 20 minutes of interval running for me! and 4 miles is definitely a long run for me too!
Nutella on pumpkin bread..oh my goddd that looks amazing!
Chelcie of Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..Things Accomplished Today

26 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun October 25, 2011 at 10:35 am

I would much rather have sushi! Yum!!!

And I would pick the 20 min intervals to get more bang for my buck! Have a great day!!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..I’m Afraid The Time Has Come

27 Courtney October 25, 2011 at 11:36 am

You too, lovely Tina! :)

28 Tessa @ Amazing Asset October 25, 2011 at 10:47 am

I love would you rathers :) I believe I would enjoy sushi the most… but I would probably get so sick of it after a few days!
20 minutes for sure… get errr done!
Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..A Giveaway To Thank You

29 Faith October 25, 2011 at 11:04 am

cereal for sure! And 20 min intervals. I hate running so I want to get it over as quickly as possible.
Faith recently posted..Weekend-Getaway Packing Tips & Tricks: The Suitcase

30 Brooke @ yogapantsandpb October 25, 2011 at 11:08 am

That sushi looks sooo delicious! And these days I would definitely choose the 20 minute interval run! I am training for my first half and the lack of interval work can be boring sometimes!
Brooke @ yogapantsandpb recently posted..scary movie weekend

31 Kim @ The Family Practice October 25, 2011 at 11:11 am

I love Nutella on just about anything! Yum!
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Post Master Hates Me

32 Britt October 25, 2011 at 11:20 am

Sorry I’ve always wondered this…not trying to be funny…but why do you eat your eggs with ketchup?? Im sure you probably explained it in an older post.

I love your blog! Its just everytime I see a pic of eggs with ketchup on it, I mentally scratch my head and ask, I wonder why? Is it healthier like that or something? LOL!

Im sure its just because you like the taste of it :)

33 Courtney October 25, 2011 at 11:36 am

Hahaha, it has nothing to do with being healthier!
It’s definitely just a taste thing for me – I’ve eaten my eggs with ketchup all my life!

34 Britt October 25, 2011 at 1:12 pm

LOL well maybe I need to try it one day ;)

35 Jackie @ That Deep Breath October 25, 2011 at 11:33 am

Yum!! I’ve been craving sushi, but everytime my friends and I decide to make surprise trips to sushi restaurants we always (accidentally) choose Sundays and the restaurants are closed. Lame!!
Jackie @ That Deep Breath recently posted..Minestrone Soup

36 katie Carso October 25, 2011 at 11:44 am

I heart sushi!!!

And I love ketchup with eggs, growing up my mom used to always have ketchup at the table with our eggs for breakfast!
katie Carso recently posted..Tropical Chia morning

37 Courtney October 25, 2011 at 11:45 am

YES! It’s the best – I hardly ever eat eggs any other way ;)

38 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 25, 2011 at 11:51 am

I could probably eat sushi for dinner every single night for the rest of my life.

I also like to exaggerate. but I do love some sushi. ;)
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..Kinda Better-For-You Tailgating Tips

39 Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife October 25, 2011 at 11:58 am

I’d eat sushi for dinner MOST definitely!! Looks SO yummy.
Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Dancing Salsa – In A New Way

40 Claire October 25, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Cute smiley eggs! Thanks for the laugh! I would choose sushi everyday because there are so many varieties and my sweet tooth isn’t as big as my love for sushi!

I would choose the 40 minute at a steady pace over the 20 minute interval MOST days, but I like to do quick workouts too…this is a tough one!
Claire recently posted..We Encourage Tuesdays: Wisdom

41 Brittany October 25, 2011 at 12:14 pm

I need to make that bread! Hey, if you’re having it spread out and not all in one sitting it’s totally fine for it to be gone soon! :D
I’d take the sushi for sure. I love free miso & salad too!
I like intervals on a treadmill but when I’m outside in nice weather I’m find with a steady pace :)

42 Cat @Breakfast to Bed October 25, 2011 at 12:31 pm

have you ever had a pumpkin yeast bread? oh my sweet lord. so good.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Getting Chased Makes You Hungry.

43 Courtney October 25, 2011 at 12:32 pm

I don’t think I have…but that sounds incredible!

44 Shayla @ The Good Life October 25, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Definitely cereal everyday!! I love sushi but I couldn’t handle it everyday…cereal though, especially your cereal combos ;), I could definitely do everyday and in fact have been having it every morning straight for a month! :)

I’d rather do slow and steady for 40 minutes since interval running messes up my bum hip :(
Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Family Fun Weekend

45 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 25, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Sushi!!! I could eat it every single day for the rest of my LIFE!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..crisp fail

46 Katie @ Plates and Paste October 25, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Hmm that’s a toughie…I guess sushi as long as I could change it up.

20 min interval…I like quick and effective workouts!
Katie @ Plates and Paste recently posted..Tossed Salad and Scrambled Eggs

47 Lena @Fit on the Rocks October 25, 2011 at 1:05 pm

I’m the same way when I make a treat that I like…I eat it nonstop. My solution has been to take a small bit to keep for myself and then take the rest to the office so that I don’t end up eating 2 loaves of sugary sweet goodness within a few days :) I like making smiley faces with my food, too!
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Please Don’t Go

48 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles October 25, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Sushi for sure! …I wish I could pick some up on my way home from work! AWESOME! :)
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Fro-yo(U) & P.T. Conference week

49 Heather @ Girlyeverafter October 25, 2011 at 1:31 pm

I’m one of the rare folks that don’t like sushi, but cereal I could have all the time. I love getting multiple kinds and having a little bit of this and a little bit of that!
Heather @ Girlyeverafter recently posted..My New Camera!

50 Trainer Kjirsten @ Balanced Healthy Life October 25, 2011 at 1:56 pm

I rather eat sushi everyday for a month than eat cereal. Also, I rather bust out a 20 minute intense run than a 40 minute steady state run! I like getting it over and done with quicker!
Trainer Kjirsten @ Balanced Healthy Life recently posted..Weekend Recap- Celebrations and Football

51 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life October 25, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Sushi all day every day for me, please!
I’d rather do a quick high intensity workout and be done with it.

52 Kerry @ Half Healthy, Half Nuts October 25, 2011 at 3:33 pm

- Cereal every night would be SO awesome!
- I’d rather do a “slow and steady” run. I’m a tortoise, so that is always my mantra.
Kerry @ Half Healthy, Half Nuts recently posted..Anniversary Fun

53 Shannon October 25, 2011 at 5:01 pm

I’d rather eat cereal for breakfast everyday for a month and run at a steady pace for 40 minutes.

Great post! :)

54 Hope October 25, 2011 at 5:55 pm

I would have to go with sushi everyday for a month! I love sushi. California rolls are one of my favorites! :)

55 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy October 25, 2011 at 7:02 pm

Sushi! I have it at least once a week as it is!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Pretzel Cookies w/ Chocolate & PB Chips

56 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] October 25, 2011 at 11:08 pm

Those are some good questions. It depends, but 20-minute interval runs can be fun and schweaty!

57 Shana October 26, 2011 at 10:09 pm

Even though you think four miles isn’t a “long run,” that looks like a really intense four miles! I can keep a steady pace for quite a few miles, but intervals are tough for me. Looks like a great workout!
Shana recently posted..Hold the whine.

58 Brittany @ Life of a Bama Girl October 27, 2011 at 9:24 pm

This one is easy! Sushi! And 40 mins steady pace! Your pictures have me craving sushi and a ginger salad….
Brittany @ Life of a Bama Girl recently posted..Decorating!