Blogger Cookie Swap

by Courtney on November 1, 2011

Today’s lunch was super easy and involved absolutely zero prep this morning, thanks to the fact that I actually had my act together last night after dinner to do it then.

I put together the other half of my leftovers from last night, including spaghetti squash, steamed broccoli, Newman’s Own sauce, and a dollop of goat cheese.

It was fantastic not only taste-wise, but effort-wise, too. Winking smile

But enough about that…I want to talk to you guys about something else this afternoon!

As a lover of all things sweets, especially cookies, can you just imagine my excitement when I came across this…

Have you heard about The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap yet?

I’m still not quite sure how I stumbled upon it last week, but however it was, I’m thankful. Here’s the deal…

• Receive the addresses of three other food bloggers.
  • Send each of them 1 dozen homemade cookies
  • Receive three different boxes of cookies for yourself from three other bloggers.
  • Share…or don’t share. Winking smile

It’s almost like a Secret Santa + cookie exchange all wrapped into one. I’m in love.

If you want to sign yourself up for The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap, just click here to head to the website and plug in your info. Sign ups are open through Friday, November 18th, so you’ve still got a few weeks to get on board. Feel free to spread the word, too!

*****

Now that I’ve already committed to the swap, it’s time to start thinking about what cookies I should make. Yes, it may be a little early to start thinking about it, but I tend to be pretty awful at that whole decision-making thing.

There’s always my favorite Crackled Sugar Cookies. These have gotten the best of more than one chocolate lover (ahem, mom).

I could also go with the #1 searched recipe on STSL, the Chewy Chocolate Chip Heath Bar Cookies.

Then again, I can’t forget about the delicious Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies. They’ve been a hit on more than one occasion for sure.

However, maybe I could get really feisty and go with the Brownie-Cookie-Toffee Layer Bars.

Now those babies are sinful. I’d just have to make sure that whoever is receiving those bad boys isn’t on any sort of a diet, if ya know what I mean. Winking smile

Oh boy, decisions, decisions!

Alright, so who’s going to join in on the swap with me??

1 Hope November 1, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Your dinner from last night look so delicious! :)

The blogger cookie swap sounds like fun!

2 Ashlee November 1, 2011 at 1:36 pm

I was just checking it out and it sounds fun. I may just sign up…. How are you going to package them to mail? It will give me an excuse to bake :)
Ashlee recently posted..A Challenge & Little Milestones

3 Khushboo November 1, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Wow this swap sounds great! I keep seeing these cookie monster cupcakes–> since cupcakes are your forte and all, perhaps you can whip up a batch of these: http://lisa5118.hubpages.com/hub/Fun-Crafts-and-Ideas
Khushboo recently posted..Done & dusted

4 Faith November 1, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Oh my golly. Totally doing this! Cookie Exchanges are one of my FAVORITE holiday activities. This is amazing!!!! Thanks for sharing!
Faith recently posted..Thankful November Challenge

5 Jamie November 1, 2011 at 2:18 pm

I just signed up! This sounds awesome!!

6 Brooke @ Waiting to Rise November 1, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Hey there! I’m definitely going to participate! It will challenge me to be domestic and make cookies…something I love to do, but just don’t do enough of! Thanks for the information! Maybe we’ll be swapping cookies :)

Brooke
Brooke @ Waiting to Rise recently posted..Pumpkin and Bacon Risotto

7 Lindsey November 1, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Already signed up :) And VERY excited about it! Now to decide which cookies to make!
Lindsey recently posted..Happy Halloween!

8 Caitlin November 1, 2011 at 2:33 pm

I AM! thanks for telling me about it, I can’t wait! PS do the Nutella cookies!
Caitlin recently posted..At-Home Workout + My First Thai Experience

9 dee November 1, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Cookie swap?! Oh how I wish I had some rock solid cookie recipes of my own! :( but now that I know of such a swap, I will definitely practice and prepare for the next one!! I can’t wait to hear about what cookie you decide on and who you’re swapping/swapee-ing with! :)

10 Katie @ Plates and Paste November 1, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Ohhh sounds fun!

11 Brigitt November 1, 2011 at 3:26 pm

I love this idea!! I’m totally signing up right now! Thanks for sharing =)
Brigitt recently posted..Fun- and Food-Filled Weekend

12 Meg November 1, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Ahh I just signed up!! so excited! and now I join you on the dilemma, what to bake….. so many cookie ideas!
Meg recently posted..Pep Talk Tuesday!

13 Liz @ Tip Top Shape November 1, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Oohh, you should definitely go feisty. lol I love the idea of this cookie swap!!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Pasta with Squash and Honey Cinnamon Compote Butter

14 Carol @ Lucky Zucca November 1, 2011 at 3:42 pm

This looks SO fun!! I just signed up too! Can’t wait!

15 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles November 1, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Neat! I should totally join in! I’m going to look into it- my luck would be that I would burn the cookies though! HA! ;)
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Yep, I went there…. *Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream*!

16 Lena @Fit on the Rocks November 1, 2011 at 3:51 pm

That sounds awesome! I’m in :)
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Halloween Rest Day

17 Corey @ Family Fresh Meals November 1, 2011 at 3:55 pm

What a great idea! I think I have some killer cookies I could send away! FUN!
Corey @ Family Fresh Meals recently posted..Bento Love: Witch Wonder

18 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss November 1, 2011 at 4:13 pm

I’m in! ;)

aand.. I want the sinful babies. ;) they’re screaming my name.
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..Marine Corps Marathon… OORAH!

19 Courtney November 1, 2011 at 4:38 pm

They are pretty awesome, haha ;)

20 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 1, 2011 at 4:18 pm

That’s a really good idea! I’m definitely considering it!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..The Wedding: Ceremony

21 Bethany @Bethany's Befuddled Brain November 1, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Mmm all those cookies look delicious! That is a pretty neat idea to swap cookies. I think I would definitely have to share or I’d get sick trying to eat all the delicious cookies coming my way or my mom and sister would kill me for not sharing.
Bethany @Bethany’s Befuddled Brain recently posted..5k Zombie Run Recap

22 Kristen @ notsodomesticated November 1, 2011 at 4:54 pm

I just signed up for it!! I think it’s an awesome idea. I can’t wait to see what yummy treats I get! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes (for cheaters, like me).

23 Diana November 1, 2011 at 6:12 pm

Just signed up! Knowing all of the amazing blog ladies out there, how could I possibly pass up on sampling some of that deliciousness…and tricking my family into thinking that it was my own handy work…
Diana recently posted..{Recipe} Vegetarian Cincinnati Chili!

24 Shannon November 1, 2011 at 6:49 pm

The Blogger Cookie Swap sounds so much fun! Whoever will be receiving your cookies or brownies will be estatic. The pictures made my mouth drool. :)

25 Mary @ Bites and Bliss November 1, 2011 at 7:15 pm

Yum, yum, yum!! Definitely sounds like something I’d be interested in. :)
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..Halloween past and present

26 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 1, 2011 at 8:25 pm

I just signed up! That is the best idea ever!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..october recipe round up

27 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine November 1, 2011 at 8:25 pm

Love Nutella cookies – they are so good.
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Trader Joe’s & Teavana WINS

28 Ari @ Ari's Menu November 1, 2011 at 10:02 pm

SOOOO JOINING!!!! Best idea ever!
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..Our Halloween

29 Carissa November 1, 2011 at 10:52 pm

The cookie swap is a must do! Thanks for the heads up…however I’m soooo bad and not eating the dough! It’s so tempting!
Carissa recently posted..Birthday Surprises!

30 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] November 1, 2011 at 11:59 pm

The cookie swap sounds like a wonderful idea, I just may have to join…
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..Running Tuesday: Why I Run

31 Susan November 2, 2011 at 1:35 am

Thanks SOO much for posting about the cookie swap! I signed up today after reading your post. What a fun idea!! I work at a camp about 15 minutes from Albany each summer and I have to say that my favorite part of upstate NY is mousse trail ice cream from Stewarts. If I could create mousse trail cookies for this swap that would be PERFECT! :)
Susan recently posted..A Rabbi Turned Toga Man

32 AnnetteCook November 2, 2011 at 5:40 am

I remember last year around Christmas you made some Mexican wedding cookies (I think they were called) they looked amazing :)
Whoever gets cookies from you will be very lucky whatever you choose to bake :)
AnnetteCook recently posted..Catching up(in shame)

33 Courtney November 2, 2011 at 6:29 am

Yes, I did make those! You have a good memory :)

34 Jess @ Jess Go Bananas November 2, 2011 at 7:48 am

I saw this on another blog and am very interested as well! I need more reasons to bake this holiday season! lol
Jess @ Jess Go Bananas recently posted..Early Bird Special

35 gwen November 2, 2011 at 9:17 am

You’ve probably seen this already but yikes!!! http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Chief-Tasers-justified-2244581.php

i can’t imagine being there for something like that- how scary! glad you weren’t hurt!
gwen recently posted..MCM 2011 in pictures

36 Cat @Breakfast to Bed November 2, 2011 at 9:28 am

I love a good swap. Especially with all the cookies I’m going to be testing!!
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Peeing on a Pedophile’s Lap

37 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer November 2, 2011 at 9:35 am

OOh, that sounds like fun. I’m actually going to my first cookie exchange this year, but since I just bought a Kitchen Aid mixer, I may have to do this one too. Puttin’ that mixer to work!
Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer recently posted..Nail Emergency

38 Samantha November 9, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Ooohhhh, that cookie swap looks awesome! I’m definitely signing up!
Samantha recently posted..Disconnecting

39 Amanda @ Maggiano Takes Austin November 27, 2011 at 2:55 pm

I know this sounds so silly to ask as I’m a COOK but i’m so bad at baking! How do you keep the cookies round after baking? do you have to let the dough chill first ?
Amanda @ Maggiano Takes Austin recently posted..Our Thanksgiving

40 Courtney November 27, 2011 at 7:34 pm

I use a cookie scoop! It works like a charm, and also keeps my hands from getting all messy. I’d definitely recommend it – I use a medium-sized scoop!