Time To Rock This Menu

Ooooooo baby! It’s Thanksgiving Eve!!

Seriously, where does the time go? If it wasn’t for the fact that my fridge is packed full of food, I probably would not believe that tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Luckily, I was able to get today off from work in order to get the preparations underway. I know I talk about To-Do lists quite a bit, but today’s To-Do is no joke; I’ve definitely got my work cut out for me!

So since I’ve got a full plate today, I figured I’d still stick with my usual schedule and start things out with a light workout. I wasn’t in the mood for anything overly strenuous today, so I decided to roll with my Walking Pyramid Treadmill Workout. Always a good one!

Post workout, I had to run out to the store quick to pick up a few last minute essentials for today…including coffee. We actually ran out yesterday (imagine the horror?!) so I solved that problem rather immediately.

Along with my fresh mug of brewed coffee (because the first batch after opening the bag is amazing) I enjoyed a yummy wafflewich.

I swear these taste 10x better after I take a day off from them. So so good.

Now, I’ve got my butter at room temp, my counters cleared, and my arsenal of recipes ready to go…

Time to rock this Thanksgiving menu! Smile

**You have a few more hours to enter my Perfect Holiday Gift Giveaway so make sure to get your entries in! I’ll be announcing the winner later this afternoon.**

Thanksgiving Questions for the Morning:

Are you cooking/baking anything for Thanksgiving this year?

What’s the #1 dish you look forward to every Thanksgiving?

What’s the most unique dish that will be served at your Thanksgiving?

Comments

Good luck with all of your cooking and baking. I wish I had off so I could do the same. My favorite part of thanksgiving are the pies and the cranberry sauce. I love my mom’s homemade cranberry sauce but the stuff from a can is good too:) this year I am making a pumpkin pie swirled with cheesecake filling in a gingersnap crust.
    Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..WIAW: Cakeballs for Dinner?

I’m cooking everything for Thanksgiving and I can’t wait! I’m most nervous about the turkey though. I’ve made turkey before but I’m using a new recipe this year. Fingers crossed that it tastes good! :) I look forward to sweet potato casserole and stuffing! Best of luck to you with cooking!
    Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk Wednesday: The Registry….

I honestly can’t believe that tomorrow is Thanksgiving! Where did the time go this year?!? (My brother asked that a couple of nights ago at dinner).

Our meal is the traditional Thanksgiving meal- I don’t think there is anything unique to it. I will probably help my mom in the kitchen this year since we are not going out to eat this year. :( I liked going out to eat.

I look forward to a (hopefully) moist Turkey and homemade Mashed Potatoes. Yummmmmmmmm! :)
    Shannon recently posted..Random Thoughts

I am going to attempt a Pumpkin Roll this year. I am going to make it tonight when I get home from work. Wish me luck :)
    I am also making the mashed potatoes for tomorrow.
    I cannot wait to have some turkey tomorrow and a small slice of pumpkin pie.
    Ashlee recently posted..Relaxing Tuesday Night

5. Traci says

I’m making a zucchini rice casserole and maybe some pumpkin spice biscuits!

Here’s the links in case anyone is interested in last minute ideas :) :

I have to say, I always look forward to the stuffing, green bean casserole, and sweet potato casserole (apparently I really like casseroles?) made with marshmellows & brown sugar.

Have a great Thanksgiving, Courtney! :)

I am not cooking, but I always look forward to my uncle’s delicious mashed potatoes. Such a typical food, but it’s so comforting. My family usually makes both American and Korean foods for Thanksgiving, so we have double the food that is typically served!
    Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Fruit for the Lazy

7. Sarah says

Happy Thanksgiving Eve! Yes, we have our work cut out for us today as well! We have 2 guest families who are close friends of ours coming over for Thanksgiving- so excited. Lots to decorate, clean, cook, and bake. The one dish i ALWAYS look forward to has to be the stuffing… BY FAR! mmm… cant wait!

Good luck with all of the cooking; can’t wait to see how everything turns out! I’ll probably do a little baking today, but I’m not “required” to bring anything, so there’s no pressure! My favorite Thanksgiving dish is potato filling… I could eat just that & be happy!
    Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Sweet Potato Soup

The most unique dish and my favorite dish are one and the same. They are Thanksgiving “noodles,” and the recipe has been passed down from generation to generation. They are kind of like chicken and dumplings, except the “dumplings” are homemade (thick) noodles and instead of chicken, you use scraps from the turkey. But they are thick and creamy and DELICIOUS! Can’t wait! :)

Happy Thanksgiving, Courtney! :)
    Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..There’s something in my shoe.

I am baking a pumpkin cake this year! Im on dessert duty!
    I always look forward to turkey and cranberry sauce. my favorite!
    We always had “weird” thanksgivings and didnt always have traditional stuff (my family is italian) and this is my first time having thanksgiving in the south with torrances family…his aunt is maknig corn pudding, which I have never had so that will be new to me!
    Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..First Xmas Present & Kona’s Dream Come True

We’re going to my mom’s house, so she’s going all the cooking, except for the green bean casserole. My husband’s the only one who eats it, so it’s our job to cook it and bring it.
    My favorite dish used to be the candied yams, but recently the thing I look forward to the most is putting a slice of cranberry sauce on top of my turkey.
    I don’t think we’re really having a unique dish this year, we’re pretty much turkey traditionalist. However, our setting will be unique. We’re heading to the lake, where my parents have their camper, and that’s where we’ll be having our Thanksgiving.
    Kathryn recently posted..Like a Pro

12. Briana says

Oh my goodness, I feel you on the baking part! So far I’ve made:
    -snickerdoodles
    -pumpkin banana bread (sound familliar ;))
    -dulce de leche brownies
    -apple cinnamon cake
    It may not seem like alot for others, but I am a non-baker so it’s quite an accomplishment! Good luck on your baking!

I’m just helping in the kitchen this year. My parents are in charge, so I’ll just do what they tell me. 😉 I always look forward to the sweet potato casserole – yum! My stepdad has a special recipe of it that he makes that is my all-time favorite. The most unique dish served at our Thanksgiving is probably a deep-fried turkey. So good!
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Guest Post: Things Someone Should Tell You Before Signing Up For A Half Marathon

i got the easy stuff! i’m making a pumpkin pie dip for lunch and a cabbage salad for dinner…everyone knows i’m terrible in the kitchen :/

i look forward to stuffing and gravy! :)
    Erica recently posted..a quick rundown

I look forward to anything pumpkin on Thanksgiving! If its pie, though, I go straight for the filling and skip the crust. The filling is is the best part! My husband has to work this year, so I decided to make him a mini Thanksgiving meal served in a muffin tin. It turned out really good!
    Shana recently posted..Mini Thanksgiving