Time To Rock This Menu

by Courtney on November 23, 2011

Ooooooo baby! It’s Thanksgiving Eve!!

Seriously, where does the time go? If it wasn’t for the fact that my fridge is packed full of food, I probably would not believe that tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Luckily, I was able to get today off from work in order to get the preparations underway. I know I talk about To-Do lists quite a bit, but today’s To-Do is no joke; I’ve definitely got my work cut out for me!

So since I’ve got a full plate today, I figured I’d still stick with my usual schedule and start things out with a light workout. I wasn’t in the mood for anything overly strenuous today, so I decided to roll with my Walking Pyramid Treadmill Workout. Always a good one!

Post workout, I had to run out to the store quick to pick up a few last minute essentials for today…including coffee. We actually ran out yesterday (imagine the horror?!) so I solved that problem rather immediately.

Along with my fresh mug of brewed coffee (because the first batch after opening the bag is amazing) I enjoyed a yummy wafflewich.

I swear these taste 10x better after I take a day off from them. So so good.

Now, I’ve got my butter at room temp, my counters cleared, and my arsenal of recipes ready to go…

Time to rock this Thanksgiving menu! Smile

**You have a few more hours to enter my Perfect Holiday Gift Giveaway so make sure to get your entries in! I’ll be announcing the winner later this afternoon.**

Thanksgiving Questions for the Morning:

Are you cooking/baking anything for Thanksgiving this year?

What’s the #1 dish you look forward to every Thanksgiving?

What’s the most unique dish that will be served at your Thanksgiving?

1 Faith @ For the Health of It November 23, 2011 at 9:18 am

I’m always scary excited about stuffing. This year, though, I think the whole thing is going to be pretty un-typical since I think we’re taking it easy and getting Chinese
Faith @ For the Health of It recently posted..Can Embarrassment be Motivating?

2 Lindsay @ biking before bed November 23, 2011 at 9:19 am

Good luck with all of your cooking and baking. I wish I had off so I could do the same. My favorite part of thanksgiving are the pies and the cranberry sauce. I love my mom’s homemade cranberry sauce but the stuff from a can is good too:) this year I am making a pumpkin pie swirled with cheesecake filling in a gingersnap crust.
Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..WIAW: Cakeballs for Dinner?

3 Hope November 23, 2011 at 9:20 am

I’m cooking everything for Thanksgiving and I can’t wait! I’m most nervous about the turkey though. I’ve made turkey before but I’m using a new recipe this year. Fingers crossed that it tastes good! :) I look forward to sweet potato casserole and stuffing! Best of luck to you with cooking!
Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk Wednesday: The Registry….

4 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill November 23, 2011 at 9:29 am

Oooh yes, I am cooking. I usually only handle the desserts, but this year I will be making about six additional recipes…including homemade Parker House rolls which I am kind of nervous about!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Chocolate Heath Bar Covered Bananas

5 Morgan @ Life After Bagels November 23, 2011 at 9:32 am

you are SO organized … I’m totally impressed :)
Morgan @ Life After Bagels recently posted..THIS Will Be My Marathon

6 Shannon November 23, 2011 at 9:32 am

I honestly can’t believe that tomorrow is Thanksgiving! Where did the time go this year?!? (My brother asked that a couple of nights ago at dinner).

Our meal is the traditional Thanksgiving meal- I don’t think there is anything unique to it. I will probably help my mom in the kitchen this year since we are not going out to eat this year. :( I liked going out to eat.

I look forward to a (hopefully) moist Turkey and homemade Mashed Potatoes. Yummmmmmmmm! :)
Shannon recently posted..Random Thoughts

7 Care @HealthierGirl November 23, 2011 at 9:42 am

I am always excited about the cranberries… we make a cranberry / orange mixture that I just love. The rest well, ehh… I could go either way.
Care @HealthierGirl recently posted..Finally, It Arrived

8 Ashlee November 23, 2011 at 9:43 am

I am going to attempt a Pumpkin Roll this year. I am going to make it tonight when I get home from work. Wish me luck :)
I am also making the mashed potatoes for tomorrow.
I cannot wait to have some turkey tomorrow and a small slice of pumpkin pie.
Ashlee recently posted..Relaxing Tuesday Night

9 Amy November 23, 2011 at 9:44 am

Good luck with the cooking!!!! Can’t wait to hear how it turns out.

10 Traci November 23, 2011 at 9:45 am

I’m making a zucchini rice casserole and maybe some pumpkin spice biscuits!

Here’s the links in case anyone is interested in last minute ideas :) :

I have to say, I always look forward to the stuffing, green bean casserole, and sweet potato casserole (apparently I really like casseroles?) made with marshmellows & brown sugar.

Have a great Thanksgiving, Courtney! :)

11 Chelcie of Chelcie's Food Files November 23, 2011 at 9:49 am

good luck with all of the cooking and baking! I can’t wait till I’m older and get to do thanksgiving by myself! My favorite thanksgiving dish is probably a tie between stuffing and homemade cranberry sauce
Chelcie of Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..WIAW-being home is delicious

12 Lena @Fit on the Rocks November 23, 2011 at 9:50 am

I am not cooking, but I always look forward to my uncle’s delicious mashed potatoes. Such a typical food, but it’s so comforting. My family usually makes both American and Korean foods for Thanksgiving, so we have double the food that is typically served!
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Fruit for the Lazy

13 Sarah November 23, 2011 at 10:14 am

Happy Thanksgiving Eve! Yes, we have our work cut out for us today as well! We have 2 guest families who are close friends of ours coming over for Thanksgiving- so excited. Lots to decorate, clean, cook, and bake. The one dish i ALWAYS look forward to has to be the stuffing… BY FAR! mmm… cant wait!

14 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat November 23, 2011 at 10:17 am

I’m making vegetarian stuffing, a light carrot souffle and a low fat pumpkin cheesecake. Enjoy your day! :)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..WIAW – Five Star Italian Breakfast

15 dee November 23, 2011 at 10:19 am

Wow! The perfect circles and squares on your breakfast plate are quite impressive! Haha! :)

16 Khushboo November 23, 2011 at 10:26 am

We don’t celebrate Thanksgiving at home but a few friends and I are going for dinner to a restaurant here which is offering a Thanksgiving menu- sounds delicious!
Khushboo recently posted..Tell me I’m not alone…

17 Heather November 23, 2011 at 10:29 am

Good luck on all the prepping, my dear! I hope you put on some ROCKING tunes and dance-party-it-up in that awesome kitchen of yours :D
Heather recently posted..Date Night Jars

18 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 23, 2011 at 10:36 am

Good luck with all of the cooking; can’t wait to see how everything turns out! I’ll probably do a little baking today, but I’m not “required” to bring anything, so there’s no pressure! My favorite Thanksgiving dish is potato filling… I could eat just that & be happy!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Sweet Potato Soup

19 Kristen @ notsodomesticated November 23, 2011 at 10:38 am

The most unique dish and my favorite dish are one and the same. They are Thanksgiving “noodles,” and the recipe has been passed down from generation to generation. They are kind of like chicken and dumplings, except the “dumplings” are homemade (thick) noodles and instead of chicken, you use scraps from the turkey. But they are thick and creamy and DELICIOUS! Can’t wait! :)

Happy Thanksgiving, Courtney! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..There’s something in my shoe.

20 Steph @ StephSnacks November 23, 2011 at 10:47 am

Enjoy cooking! You’ll probably enjoy it! I am actually not cooking anything this year since my family is going out to eat… This is a first for us but I’m sure it will still be delicious.

21 Liz @ Tip Top Shape November 23, 2011 at 11:04 am

I cannot wait to have my grandma’s sweet potato casserole. It is delicious!!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Love, According to the Gilmores

22 Liz @ Tip Top Shape November 23, 2011 at 11:05 am

Oh, and good luck on all of your cooking today!! I’m sure it will turn out wonderfully :D
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Love, According to the Gilmores

23 Kati Mora, MS, RD, Kellogg's FiberPlus(R) Wellness Advocate November 23, 2011 at 11:06 am

I’m loving your wafflewich! What a creative way to utilize a couple of yummy waffles. What’s your favorite brand to use?

24 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! November 23, 2011 at 11:06 am

I am baking a pumpkin cake this year! Im on dessert duty!
I always look forward to turkey and cranberry sauce. my favorite!
We always had “weird” thanksgivings and didnt always have traditional stuff (my family is italian) and this is my first time having thanksgiving in the south with torrances family…his aunt is maknig corn pudding, which I have never had so that will be new to me!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..First Xmas Present & Kona’s Dream Come True

25 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile November 23, 2011 at 11:30 am

I’m cooking and baking a lot! I’m making mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, an apple crisp, pumpkin pie, and veggies! My mom will take care of the turkey and stuffing.
I definitely look forward to the desserts ;)
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..WIAW- Thanksgiving Eve

26 Kathryn November 23, 2011 at 11:38 am

We’re going to my mom’s house, so she’s going all the cooking, except for the green bean casserole. My husband’s the only one who eats it, so it’s our job to cook it and bring it.
My favorite dish used to be the candied yams, but recently the thing I look forward to the most is putting a slice of cranberry sauce on top of my turkey.
I don’t think we’re really having a unique dish this year, we’re pretty much turkey traditionalist. However, our setting will be unique. We’re heading to the lake, where my parents have their camper, and that’s where we’ll be having our Thanksgiving.
Kathryn recently posted..Like a Pro

27 Briana November 23, 2011 at 11:43 am

Oh my goodness, I feel you on the baking part! So far I’ve made:
-snickerdoodles
-pumpkin banana bread (sound familliar ;))
-dulce de leche brownies
-apple cinnamon cake
It may not seem like alot for others, but I am a non-baker so it’s quite an accomplishment! Good luck on your baking!

28 Gillian @ The Greener Bean November 23, 2011 at 11:52 am

Good luck with your meal! I usually am the mashed potatoes gal. I would love to make a healthified version — but my family would never accept that — for them, the more butter and cream, the better! I guess if it’s only once a year, it’s okay ;)
Gillian @ The Greener Bean recently posted..Farewell NYC (for a few)

29 Brigitt November 23, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Is that a copy of Real Simple that I see? ;)
Brigitt recently posted..In the Swing of Things

30 Courtney November 23, 2011 at 12:40 pm

It sure is ;)

31 Kelly November 23, 2011 at 12:42 pm

I was in charge of cranberry sauce

I most look forward to the stuffing and pecan pie

The most unusual thing we serve is fried turkey (a definite southern thing) and pumpkin soup!
Kelly recently posted..moms really do know best

32 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries November 23, 2011 at 12:48 pm

I’m just helping in the kitchen this year. My parents are in charge, so I’ll just do what they tell me. ;) I always look forward to the sweet potato casserole – yum! My stepdad has a special recipe of it that he makes that is my all-time favorite. The most unique dish served at our Thanksgiving is probably a deep-fried turkey. So good!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Guest Post: Things Someone Should Tell You Before Signing Up For A Half Marathon

33 April November 23, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Thanks for reminding me! I gotta put some butter out to soften, so I can make desserts tonight.

34 Erica November 23, 2011 at 2:19 pm

i got the easy stuff! i’m making a pumpkin pie dip for lunch and a cabbage salad for dinner…everyone knows i’m terrible in the kitchen :/

i look forward to stuffing and gravy! :)
Erica recently posted..a quick rundown

35 Shana November 23, 2011 at 9:31 pm

I look forward to anything pumpkin on Thanksgiving! If its pie, though, I go straight for the filling and skip the crust. The filling is is the best part! My husband has to work this year, so I decided to make him a mini Thanksgiving meal served in a muffin tin. It turned out really good!
Shana recently posted..Mini Thanksgiving