Love Blondies

About a week ago, I received an email from the lovely folks over at Love Grown Foods. The email, which was sent to all of us Love Bloggers, announced that they were going to be hosting another LOVE Blogger contest to help celebrate the upcoming holidays.

Celebrating? Contests? I was intrigued…

Then, I saw what the contest challenge was: COOKIES.

Celebrating? Contests? AND cookies? Count me IN!

Pin It

As I read through the email, I didn’t see where there was a requirement to incorporate some “Love” into my cookies of choice, but I decided to do it anyways…and I knew exactly the recipe to use it with.

Some of you may remember my Granola Blondies. Some (most) of you may not, since this is a recipe that goes wayyy back. Nonetheless, this is actually one of my favorite recipes for bar cookies and I knew it would work perfectly with some Love Grown goodness mixed in.

These blondies are both soft and chewy yet crunchy and sweet, thanks to the granola. Basically, they’re awesome. So much so that my Christmas bears were totally eyeballin’ them this morning. ;)

Typically, I cut these blondies into bars, but considering that they’re made with Love Grown granola and all, I found it rather fitting to cut them into hearts.

These are not going to last long in my house. No way at all.

But I suppoooose that if I win the contest then I’ll be able to justify the extra blondie consumption…right? ;)

Comments

Those looks so delicious aaand the ingredient list is so simple!! I made blondies the other week and my recipe included butter but I browned the butter before hand. Really added this caramel flavor that was so delicious. Shoulda cut them into hearts though ;)
    Jenny recently posted..Makes me happy

2. Katy says

Courtney,

I’m a loyal reader of yours and ive noticed you switched from the sweetened vanilla almond milk to the unsweetened vanilla. Do you notice a big difference, particularly in your smoothies/shakes? What’s it like compared to the other?

Thanks,

Katherine

P.S. Keep writing! Love the blog ;)

• Courtney says

Hi Katy! Yes, I did switch recently and honestly, I can’t tell the difference when I use it in smoothies or oatmeal. The only time I can taste a difference is if I’m having it as-is, like in a bowl of cereal, and it’s slightly less sweet. It’s still just as creamy, with less calories (from sugar) and is delish. Thanks so much for reading! :)

3. Amanda says

Thanks to your blog I just bought a 3 pack of the chocolate Love Grown on Amazon…might have to whip these up with some of that!

4. Mary says

I made these last night & they are so yummy! I did use egg substitute & half whole-wheat flour. Thanks for the great recipe!

• Courtney says

I’m sorry, I never calculated that. But if you go to SparkPeople.com, I know they have a recipe calculator where you could plug in all the info if you’d like!

5. Susan says

Anyone ever make these with the Carrot Cake Love Granola? I am going to try them this evening I think! :) I couldn’t get the raisin almond crunch one here. :(

Trackbacks