I Like It All

by Courtney on December 30, 2011

This morning, I spent some time doing a little bit of housekeeping on the main blog page here, so you may end up noticing a few differences. I also updated my “Featured Recipes,” which include three of my favorites from 2011. After that, I ended up wasting about 10 minutes laughing WAY too hard at funny New Years Eve pictures. Don’t ask me why…I really have no idea.

Some of them are not exactly appropriate to share (there are some ca-raaaaazy peeps out there!) but some of them were rather amusing. This card in particular totally has my name written all over it…

I feel like we (as in Jay and I) are always such last minute planners. Not necessarily when it comes to bigger events like NYE, but definitely for a typical Friday night. We’ll spend a good hour just trying to decide what to do for dinner and then spend another hour figuring out if we want to make it ourselves or go out. Oy vey. Perhaps a resolution of mine for 2012? ;)

Some other funny ones I came across…

That someecards site totally cracks me right up! :)

Lunch

This morning when I was putting together my lunch, I was *this close* to making myself some sort of yogurt mess. It sounded good, but not as appealing as it usually does. But then as I was grabbing something else out of the fridge, I spotted all of my leftover spaghetti squash from Tuesday’s dinner.

How in the world could I have forgotten about (let alone missed) the two huge containers of it staring right back at me from my top fridge shelf? Sometimes I wonder…

I portioned out a big ‘ol serving of spaghetti squash and topped it with some shredded carrot (random?), steamed spinach (almost half of a bag!), some shriveling grape tomatoes, marinara sauce, and a wedge of The Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese.

Once it was heated in the microwave and the cheese got all super-creamy on me, this meal turned out to be one big ‘ol bowl of awesome. I also ended up snacking on an orange and some Pretzel Crisps.

*****

I still can’t believe that Jay and I already have our dinner plans figured out for tonight (homemade pizza). Now I’ve just got to decide on a Redbox movie. I’m going back and forth between 3 different ones…all of which are total opposites:

Yeah, what can I say…I like it all. ;)

Has anyone seen any of the above movies? What would you recommend??

1 Sarah December 30, 2011 at 2:06 pm

The Change Up is hilarious!!! Only one I’ve seen of the three but if you’re in the mood to laugh its a good one!

2 Sarah December 30, 2011 at 2:07 pm

The Help! I loved that movie!

3 Lena @Fit on the Rocks December 30, 2011 at 2:09 pm

I personally loved The Help, but I’m not sure how big of a fan Jay will be :P I haven’t seen the other two, but I (finally) saw Crazy Stupid Love and really enjoyed that!
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..2011 Recap

4 Shari December 30, 2011 at 2:15 pm

The Help is FANTASTIC. Have you read the book? The movie does an incredible job of following the story!
Shari recently posted..Looking Back & Looking Forward.

5 Amanda December 30, 2011 at 2:15 pm

The change up is funny if you’re in the mood for a lot of inappropriate material with a lot of boobage. The help is SO good!

6 Dusty December 30, 2011 at 2:17 pm

The Change Up!!!
Dusty recently posted..Welcoming 2012 with Open Arms

7 Alex December 30, 2011 at 2:20 pm

do NOT watch Straw Dogs! it is traumatizing..but the other two are both very good!

8 Kristin December 30, 2011 at 2:21 pm

The Change Up was pretty funny at some parts, but super unrealistic (as movies are I guess, ha) but The Help was soooo good! I cried a couple times!
I haven’t seen the other one though.

9 Kristin Mac December 30, 2011 at 2:22 pm

The Help was so so good! Not sure if it’s much of a guy movie though. Maybe go with The Switch Up if you’re both watching :)

10 Jolynn December 30, 2011 at 3:18 pm

I’ve never seen the first two but the Change Up is hilarious!

11 Kelsey December 30, 2011 at 3:19 pm

The Help is sooooooooooooo good! Def my fav out of the 3! :)
Kelsey recently posted..Sunshine Burger Review

12 Shannon December 30, 2011 at 3:40 pm

I think the first and last someecards are funny. The third kind of seemed offensive a little bit.

I haven’t seen any of those movies but…I have heard great reviews about The Help. I actually want to see it too and I want to read the book (when I have time- it’s about 600 pages, I think).
Shannon recently posted..New Year’s Fill-Ins

13 Cynthia (It All Changes) December 30, 2011 at 3:47 pm

The Help is good and Hunni actually enjoyed it too. He found the jokes funny and the story held his attention.

The Change Up looks funny but I haven’t seen it.
Cynthia (It All Changes) recently posted..Allergen-free Cream of Mushroom Soup & Bonus–Recipe

14 Ashlee December 30, 2011 at 3:57 pm

The Help and The Change Up were both good. I have not seen the other one. Did you read “The Help”? It was great and the movie is one of the few book-> movies that actually stys true to the book for the most part. The Change Up is hilarious and is great if you want a night of laughter. Good luck!
Ashlee recently posted..Where have I been?

15 Cheryl December 30, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Oh my gosh Courtney, you have to see The Help! It is sooo good. If you’ve read the book, you will LOVE the movie!

16 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries December 30, 2011 at 4:23 pm

The Help is out on Redbox?! I haven’t seen it yet!!! Thanks for helping me make MY Friday night plans :)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..I’ll Be Honest with You

17 Alexa December 30, 2011 at 4:25 pm

The Help, definitely!

18 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries December 30, 2011 at 4:26 pm

out of those three movies, i’ve only seen “The Change Up”, of which we just watched last night! it was pretty funny… inappropriate, but funny. enjoy your relaxing friday night!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Evaluation of December Goals

19 Susan @Happy Hippie December 30, 2011 at 4:28 pm

The Help is absolutely AMAZING, but I think that it’s definitely more of a girl movie than a guy movie. The Change Up is absolutely hilarious though, so I bet you both would love it!
Susan @Happy Hippie recently posted..It’s Such a Busy Life These Days :)

20 Gigi December 30, 2011 at 4:42 pm

You have to see The Help:)

21 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health December 30, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Bahaha I love the some-ecards website!! I go on there all the time and literally laugh out loud :P. I’ve seen The Help and The Change-Up- both are good but The Help is definitely a better quality movie while the Change-Up is just fun and goofy…plus Ryan Reynolds is in it and he is drool-worthy so that’s always a plus.
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Mix1 Protein Shakes

22 Kristy December 30, 2011 at 5:14 pm

The Help is so good. You won’t regret renting it!

23 chelcie @ chelcie's food files December 30, 2011 at 5:21 pm

I LOVE the help! I saw it 3 times in a row..so good!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Highlights of 2011

24 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 30, 2011 at 5:29 pm

I’m dying to see The Help! I loved the book & I never got around to seeing the movie when it was in theaters!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Maple Mustard Chicken & December Goals

25 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey December 30, 2011 at 5:31 pm

The Help! It’s so so good.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

26 Suzanne Spray December 30, 2011 at 6:10 pm

THE HELP! Oh my goodness…both my husband and I LOVED it! I think we may watch it again :) Good luck trying to choose.
Suzanne Spray recently posted..White Bean and Hominy Chili

27 Emily December 30, 2011 at 6:18 pm

“The Help” is a great one, definitely recommend. And my guy, who is a real guy’s guy, really liked it too! “The Change Up” has some funny moments but it is SLIGHTLY crude. But if you’re into that, have at it!

28 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles December 30, 2011 at 6:25 pm

I want to see “The Change Up”- just added it to Netflix to get! …. Those cards are so funny!!!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..3 years ago…

29 Sarah December 30, 2011 at 7:09 pm

The Help!!! – that is if you are totally sure that Never Say Never isn’t an option :) hey, what can i say? Belieber Alert :D

30 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter December 30, 2011 at 7:13 pm

I haven’t seen any of the movies you have listed, but I would go with The Help. :)
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..I’m gonna need a nap

31 Amanda Maggio December 30, 2011 at 7:56 pm

You have got to see the Help! What an amazing movie that was! You’ll love it!
Amanda Maggio recently posted..Merry Christmas!

32 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile December 30, 2011 at 9:28 pm

I have spaghetti squash in my fridge but have never had it!! Can’t wait to try. I’ve only seen the help but it was really good.
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..Time is Flying + Friday Favorites

33 sarah @ sarah learns December 30, 2011 at 10:06 pm

i haven’t seen it, but i read the help and it was so good! i really want to see the movie. :)
sarah @ sarah learns recently posted..2011 goal check-in [part 2]

34 Khushboo December 31, 2011 at 12:55 am

I love The Help but I don’t know if it’s a Friday Night Movie…go with Ryan Reynolds…sorry I mean The Change Up ;)!!
Khushboo recently posted..2012 Countdown

35 Karlee @ BringingBackBalance December 31, 2011 at 1:35 am

The Help was a fantastic movie – and I don’t normally like movies, so that says a lot!

How was the carrot in the spaghetti squash? Interesting combo, but it sounds yummy!
Karlee @ BringingBackBalance recently posted..Mishaps and Oopsies in the Kitch

36 Cassie December 31, 2011 at 9:45 am

The Help, definitely! I agree with everyone else. I watched with my boyfriend too, and he loved it just as much as I did. :D