We Were Pretty Lame

Yup, you read that right. Lame-o!

Being our anniversary and all yesterday, we had made plans to go out for a nice dinner, maybe see a movie, and celebrate with a little champagne. The two of us were actually pretty lazy all yesterday, so when the time came to head for dinner, neither one of us were really in the mood to change out of our cozies.

Hey, at least we kept with one of our three original plans…

But would you believe that we were even too lazy to walk the whole eleven steps down into the basement to get our special toasting glasses? Geez louise…talk about total bums.

After at least 40 minutes of trying to decide what to do (both of us were indecisive beyond belief) we actually ended up making ourselves a really nice dinner in.

We sautéed some chicken (cut into chunks), diced tomatoes, and zucchini slices in a balsamic vinaigrette dressing and topped it all on a big ‘ol bed of spaghetti squash. This dish definitely turned out to be way better than either of us had expected.

So in the end, we may have been sorta lame, but we did save money on dinner, got to stay in our cozies, and still drank delicious, cheap champagne. Happy anniversary to us!

(By the way, thank you all so much for the anniversary wishes! Smile)

*****

Workout

This morning, I had a killer workout on the agenda: the High Intensity Circuit Workout. This workout really is just awesome. It kicks my butt every time, but I really feel like a million bucks after.

**I know I mentioned in the original post that this workout is based off of the Spartacus workout from Men’s Health. In case any of you are interested, Jay ended up finding a Spartacus Workout Soundtrack, which we’ve both been using. It is AWESOME because it gives you background noise and tells you when to start and stop each workout (no continuous glancing at a stopwatch). In case you want to download it for yourself, just click here.**

Breakfast

Cravings for peanut butter erupted in a big way this morning, so I made it happen.

A toasted English muffin, topped with peanut butter, banana slices, and chia seeds. You just can’t beat it!

I’ve also got a little mid-morning snack packed up with me…

Now it’s time to head back to work, most likely along with the rest of the working world. Let’s make it a great one!

Questions for the Morning:

Are you a snacker? What time of day do you usually have snacks (mid-morning, mid-afternoon, evening)?

What are some of your favorite, healthy snack ideas?

Comments

I need my snacks! I usually have one about 10am, then 4pm since we workout after work and don’t eat supper til 7:30pm or so.
    I am always looking for new snack ideas since my are pretty generic, fruit, Greek yogurt, hummus and veggies, popcorm, hardboiled egg, Larabar or homemade granola bars.
    Lindsey recently posted..A New Year’s Resolution?

2. Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life says

Sometimes being lame and staying in is tons more fun than going out. Your dinner looks really yummy. I’ve had a spaghetti squash laying on my counter for over a month and I think it needs to get eaten this week.
    Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..2011 in Review

Oh Andres, you gotta love the cheap stuff! Sometimes it tastes way better than the $60 bottles 😉 I’m not much of a morning snacker, but my appetite kicks into high gear in the PM. I usually have a small bowl of oats, some Greek yogurt, or a small portion of a leftover meal.
    Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Just Workin on My Fitness

4. Sarah says

I snack around two times a day in between meals. If i feel something sweet i like to make a super fast “trail mix”- basically cranberries, walnuts, and chocolate chips. or i have some berries in a small cup of yogurt. For crazy days i do pretzels in chocolate. Except when i am too lazy to put it in the microwave, i just break up the pretzels and mix it with the choco chips- hey, works either way :)

I am a huge snacker. I need snacks! I am usually hungry mid-morning (10-10:30) and then again after dinner. I need to have that dessert feeling after dinner although it usually is just a snack and not truly a dessert.
    My snacks are usually fruit, yogurt, popcorn, veggies, or maybe a Vitamuffin. Love snacks!
    Shelly recently posted..Making Plans = Easy Motivation

sounds like the perfect evening in my book! i’m all about cozies and relaxing. and as long as you both enjoyed yourselves, that’s all that counts! 😉

i often feel a snack urge come on mid afternoon, but i usually do pretty good with keeping it to a simple snack until dinner. after dinner is when i want the sweets and other goodies that i shouldn’t be having! :/
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Trainer Tuesday: HIIT Treadmill Fun

hey as long as you guys are spending time together, that is what matters! Our 1 year is in a few weeks and we are going to stay in a hotel about 15 minutes from our house and all we want to do is lay in bed and relax haha!
    Ruthie Hart recently posted..Scenes from 2012

You’re not lame- I can’t wait to get married because staying home suddenly isn’t lame ha! I love my snacks- I typically have an afternoon snack around 4.30 and a bedtime snack/dessert around 9.30!
    Khushboo recently posted..Clean slate

We must have ESP because I also had a hankering for PB this morning! My pointer finger did a friendly nose dive into the jar. 😉

I’m a total snacker. I like to have one in the morning a couple of hours after breakfast and one before dinner. Right now, I’m loving Vega chocolate protein performance mixed with organic soy yogurt and the cappucino LARABARs.
    Heather @ For the Love of Kale recently posted..Obesity Ads Send Mixed Message

Happy (belated!) anniversary! :) Lame is good. I like low key celebrations best.

I really need to check out that workout–I just tried a new “Iron Strength” workout this morning that was pretty tough!

Be careful with that lemon Chobani–the last one I opened was moldy, even though the expiration date wasn’t until January 20! I don’t think I’ll be able to have one of those again for a while. :( Ick!
    Melissa recently posted..Iron Strength Workout

i feel like i snack ALL the time. really nothing wrong with that, but i almost always need one between every meal.

your anniversary sounds like our new years eve! we had big plans, but after dinner (we celebrated my birthday dinner) we decided to put on comfy pants and just stay in. and there is nothing wrong with that. we had an awesome time just being together. which is the most important thing. especially for an anniversary! that fact that you both can just do that is great! i hope you had a good night and congrats on the anniversary!!
    Debbie (Accidently Delish) recently posted..By: Debbie

I used to be a big snacker and tried to do the 5 or 6 tiny meals throughout the day. However, I found my body prefers to eat 3 larger meals instead so that’s what I tend to go for now. My favorite healthy snack though is definitely an apple with peanut butter, and if I am feeling unhealthy I like single serve popcorn with a mini bag of m&m’s thrown in! Hits that salty and sweet craving, yum!
    Jana recently posted..What’s to come in 2012?

That dinner looks good! It doesn’t hurt to be lazy once in a while. Don’t feel bad. :)

1. The time I usually snack is right after school, as soon as I walk in the door from the bus. I usually eat lunch around 10:40 and in some days, 11:25. By the time I get home at 3:25, I’m starving!

2. When I snack, it’s not usually healthy. Mostly ice cream, chocolate, cookies, etc. I’m trying to get better but one time I had a snack, I had leftovers from the dinner from the night before (spaghetti w/ meatballs). Yum.