The Only Logical Thing

by Courtney on January 9, 2012

Good morning and happy Monday!

Love, Cody and his Mama Smile

Code-man was really itching for some attention this morning, so we wound up spending about five minutes hanging out and playing fetch.

He was definitely in rare form to start.

But his attention fizzled out pretty quickly…

Aaaaand, he was done. Winking smile

Such a cutie, I’ll tell ya!

Breakfast

Nothin’ you haven’t seen before today, folks. A classic nut butter, banana, and chia seed English muffin with coffee.

I couldn’t really decide whether or not I wanted almond butter or peanut butter today, so I did the only logical thing and had both. Almond on the left, peanut on the right.

The peanut butter won out half way through, so I saved that half for last. Even better, it was on the best half. Winking smile

Workout

Today’s workout was the usual Monday morning BodyCombat, but it was an awesome class. My motivation to go was only so-so this morning, but I knew once I got there, I wouldn’t regret it. My shoulders were on FIRE for at least 3/4 of the class, and when they weren’t, my legs were. Gotta love feelin’ the burn!

Just Catching up?

And of course, just in case you’re playing a little catch-up this morning, here’s what you may have missed on STSL over the weekend:

**Side note: I’ve only had one winner contact me from the Working Out Sucks book giveaway. Make sure to check and see whether or not you’re one of the other two!**

Have a great day, everyone!!

Question for the Morning:

What are some of your biggest motivators for working out?

1 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! January 9, 2012 at 9:43 am

I love how I feel after a great workout, it is a stress reliever for me, plus, it is going to help me lose a few lbs! ;)
Have a great week Courtney!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Food Documentaries Are Addicting

2 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine January 9, 2012 at 9:45 am

I’m not a cat person, but Cody is absolutely adorable!

My biggest motivators for working out are feeling the burn and not feeling lazy. I just hate how lazy I feel on days I don’t work out (even though rest days are completely necessary).
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Resolutions Progress Week 1

3 Emma @ The Hearty Heart January 9, 2012 at 9:58 am

Motivation to work out comes from how much more energy you have through the day (even sometimes despite how much sleep you get!).

Ps I haven’t seen Body Combat classes since coming back from Australia-Les Mills is huge over there. I LOVE Body Combat!

4 Khushboo January 9, 2012 at 9:59 am

My biggest motivator is the endorphin rush- nothing quite like that feeling of self-satisfaction! Have a fab Monday!
Khushboo recently posted..12 takeaways from the first week of 2012

5 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles January 9, 2012 at 10:13 am

My cats were going wild this morning when I was working out. It made mountain climbers quite interesting as well as crunches with cats nibbling and clawing at my toes, thinking they were toys this morning…… I think they aren’t impressed with the husband and I going back to work last week, they liked us home on Christmas break.
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Fajita Roasted Chickpeas –Bet you can’t eat just 48–

6 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life January 9, 2012 at 10:14 am

My biggest motivation is the confidence I feel when I get a good workout in. Days when I think I’ll be happier to just skip a workout, I almost always end up wishing i had gotteb my exercise in. I don’t work out too hardcore, maybe 4 or 5 days a week, but when I skip my regular workout due to laziness, I definitely regret not having the extra boost of energy and extra love for myself and my body that working out gives me!
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Splish Splash

7 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries January 9, 2012 at 10:15 am

always reminding myself how great i’ll feel after my workout is probably the biggest motivator for me! the mantra: “you’ll never regret a workout” is one of of my favorites. happy monday!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Brunch Date

8 Sarah January 9, 2012 at 10:25 am

I believe you solved your almond butter vs. peanut butter situation PERFECTLY! haha

9 Patty January 9, 2012 at 10:43 am

I haven’t seen you mention it so I wasn’t sure if you heard but a Trader Joe’s is coming to the capital region this spring. Not the best location but much closer then Mass.

10 Courtney January 9, 2012 at 10:47 am

YES! I heard that last week…SO excited!!

11 MizFit January 9, 2012 at 10:52 am

I missss my canine companions.

*pours out some dogfood for her fallen furhomie :-)*
MizFit recently posted..My torrid love affair with chia.

12 Courtney January 9, 2012 at 10:56 am

LOL, you are TOO funny, MizFit! ;)

13 Lena @Fit on the Rocks January 9, 2012 at 11:08 am

Cody’s such a cutie. I wish I weren’t so allergic to cats. My biggest motivator for working out right now is knowing that I have my first half marathon in a month. If that doesn’t get me out the door right now, I don’t know what will.
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Long Run Sundays: Quit Playing Games

14 Melissa January 9, 2012 at 11:40 am

My biggest motivation for working out is just that I like to have a goal. It could be as simple as just to MOVE for an hour or as big as wanting to run a marathon (which I’m currently training for–YIKES!). For me, it’s about having a goal just to see if I can do it. Can I up the weight in my strength workout? Well, it’s going to be a lot harder, but yes I can! Can I run a mile further than I’ve ever run before? I may have to go slower, but yes I can! That’s a pretty great feeling if you ask me!
Melissa recently posted..Seems to be a Lemon

15 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter January 9, 2012 at 11:42 am

Cody is the coolest cat, next to mine of course. ;) I love it when my cat gives me that look. “oh great, now I have to play with her.” I swear we just live with them and they are in control! lol!!
I felt the same way with my workout this morning….could have stayed in bed, must be a front coming in! Once I was done however, my joints liked me again.
Have a great day!
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Surprisingly Satisfied

16 Cat @Breakfast to Bed January 9, 2012 at 11:42 am

My kids are my biggest motivator. Not only that I want to be healthy for them and be a good role model, but also while I exercise, I am ALL ALONE for a few hours. ALLLLLLL ALLLLOOOONNNNE.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Caviar is a Choking Hazard

17 Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life January 9, 2012 at 11:42 am

I wish I had a gym with actual classes ANYwhere near me. Til then, I’m stuck doing the best I can solo… :-(
Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life recently posted..It’s About Time

18 dena b January 9, 2012 at 12:04 pm

I stay motivated by knowing my health is top priority and any other chore or item on my to-do list can wait until after my daily work-out. I would rather regret not doing laundry then missing my workout, I can always find something to wear, I can’t replace a missed workout! I’ve kept this motto going for 2 years and have kept of 20 pounds:-)

19 Alex G January 9, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Nothing beats the “runner’s high” after pounding the pavement or much like yourself I definitely dig the afterburn I feel after a great session lifting weights :)

I love that Cody fetches and plays like a dog – much more than my lazy bones pup lol

20 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 9, 2012 at 12:57 pm

I love that you have “the best half” too. :) and I think Cody is turning me into a cat person. what the heck is going on?
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..Birthday Wishes

21 Courtney January 9, 2012 at 1:02 pm

It must just be because you’re OLD and wiser now ;)

22 Debbie (accidently delish) January 9, 2012 at 4:48 pm

I love that you had a “favorite” side of your English muffin because I do that all the time!! I’ll do different things on each side and then always seem to favor one side and will save it for my last bite! I thought I was the only weird one who did that. Haha. Glad to see I’m not :)

23 Michelle (Better with Berries) January 9, 2012 at 8:49 pm

My biggest motivator is just thinking about how I’ll feel afterward – strong and energized! Although Jillian Michaels yelling at me from my TV is usually pretty motivating too.
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..Scrapbook Complete!