Keep On Repeating

by Courtney on January 31, 2012

I’m not getting sick. I’m not getting sick. I’m not getting sick…

I’m hoping that if I repeat this enough, it will actually remain true.

This morning when I woke up, I had a little bit of a scratchy throat, but I tried telling myself that it was just one of those “I slept with my mouth open too long” sorta things. Unfortunately, as the day has progressed, the scratchiness has yet to subside, and I’m starting to feel the sniffles coming on.

I’ve been trying to keep on top of my usual cold remedies, so hopefully I’ll be able to stop this thing dead in its tracks. Fingers crossed!

*****

Mid-morning, after I finished taking care of the grocery shopping I’d been putting off, I came home and decided to try the new Passion Fruit Chobani yogurt.

I’ve had these in the fridge since last week when they sent me my goody box of all three of the new flavors, but just haven’t had the chance to try this one until today.

So what’s the verdict? Well, the passion fruit flavor is absolutely amazing, and I love the extra creaminess that you get from it being 2% (another reason the Pineapple flavor is a favorite of mine), but I had a really hard time getting past the seeds.

Those little buggers were rather crunchy in there, but that being said, I don’t think they make this flavor a deal breaker for me. The flavor was too good to pass up so I’m thinking next time maybe I’ll just try to sift through them a bit. Winking smile

Workout

After my snack, I decided to squeeze in a workout. I was feeling okay to sweat a bit, but yesterday’s workout left me rather sore today, so I opted for something a bit more low key and went with my Sweaty Mess WALKING Incline Intervals. I say “low key” but this workout is hardly that…it’s just a nice change of pace from running. You’ll definitely still get your sweat on, trust me.

Lunch

Yesterday’s salad was so yummy, and the veggie drawer in our fridge doesn’t appear to be dwindling at all, so I did a repeat.

Same salad as yesterday, still just as tasty. On the side, I also had a fresh orange.

I’ll be heading out for my shift at work in a little bit, which is actually another one that I think it going to require some figuring out on the meals/snacks front. The shift is from 3-8pm, and I’m still trying to decide how I want to tackle this one (since it includes my usual afternoon snack & dinner times), but I’ll be sure to let ya know what I come up with. Smile

1 Hope January 31, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Oh, no! I hope you feel better asap and that it’s just allergies! I don’t know about where you live but it was freezing at the beginning of the week and now it’s in the 60′s. It’s crazy and enough for allergies to go hay wire. Your salad looks delicious!
Hope recently posted..11 Things…

2 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries January 31, 2012 at 2:03 pm

i have yet to try out the passion fruit one, but the pineapple one is one of my top faves as well because of it being 2%, which makes it oh so creamy and wonderful. out of the new ones, i only found the apple cinnamon chobani (which i LOVED!) in our grocery store, so i hope to find the passion fruit one soon! hope the first couple days on the new job are going well! do you plan on giving us a recap?
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Trainer Tuesday: Upper Body Gym Workout

3 dee January 31, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Oh no, scratchy throat and sniffles! I guess that means you had a complete BLAST during birthday week :) Both my mom and I had this cold attack earlier this month. It’s time to bust out your favorite mug, fill it with hot water, squeeze in some lemon, and add a bit of honey to sweeten it up. Repeat, repeat, repeat! Feel better soon!

4 Ashlee January 31, 2012 at 2:15 pm

A co-worker of mine swears by yogurt when he get s a scratchy throat. He says the doctor told him yogurt will help with a sore throat and strep. I am in love with Mucinex if your sore throat progresses to congestion and coughing. It works like a charm. Feel better!
Ashlee recently posted..The Big 2-5

5 Stefanie @TheNewHealthy January 31, 2012 at 2:18 pm

I’m with Hope^ – this crazy weather (cold, warm, cold, warm) just makes it that much easier to get sick! I felt the same way about the passion fruit chobani – the flavor was delicious, but I could do without the seeds.
Stefanie @TheNewHealthy recently posted..Totally Random Tuesday

6 chelcie @ chelcie's food files January 31, 2012 at 2:29 pm

I love the passionfruit flavor! I really didn’t mind the seeds but maybe thats just because I like the added crunch:)
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Jazzed Up Annie’s Mac and Cheese

7 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill January 31, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Hope you feel better soon! I haven’t tried the passionfruit flavor yet. I’m not sure if I’ll like it–though the last passionfruit flavored thing I had was a bagel from Panera (I think they sold them two or three years ago?) and it was really good!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..I Miss the Sound of Your Voice

8 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness January 31, 2012 at 2:32 pm

It is the time of year to have a cold creeping in! Try a steam room shower and be sure to wash your hands more than usual.
I have a secret passion fruit obsession (maybe because I discovered them on my honeymoon in Costa Rica!), but I always liked the crunch. Reminds me of a pomegranate. Do you like those? I’m still on the search for the new Cho flavors…what’s with my NYC corner store?!
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..Grocery Waster: Lengthen the Shelf Life of your Fare

9 erica January 31, 2012 at 2:56 pm

hope you feel better! maybe it’s just a birthday week hangover?

i loooove that chobani flavor, but the seeds? ah man, those are a deal breaker for me. it makes me feel like i’m eating watermelon seeds, lol! and i will sit there and pick out every watermelon seed…even those weird “edible” seeds in the seedless watermelons…gotta pick ‘em out. i’m weird. i have a problem.
erica recently posted..things that make you go hmmm…

10 Sam January 31, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Try adding granola to the passion fruit flavor, it will hide the seeds more! I personally loved that flavor! Also, if you haven’t yet, try the blood orange, it is the bomb dot com!
Sam recently posted..Nice To Meechoo

11 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles January 31, 2012 at 3:13 pm

I hope that you feel 100% soon! Go to bed early tonight to keep that silly sickness away!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Heavenly Healthy Cake for One

12 Carissa January 31, 2012 at 3:48 pm

I have had the same scratchy throat thing and after my 9+ hours flying back from the west coast it is a full blown “yuck”! Dislike!!

Feel better!
Carissa recently posted..Kids Races and a Workout

13 Nicole January 31, 2012 at 3:51 pm

This is totally random – but I love your new (?) blue bowl! And it looks so pretty next to the orange – the colors really play off of each other :)

14 Cat @Breakfast to Bed January 31, 2012 at 3:55 pm

ACK!! water, chicken soup, apples, STAT!!
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Dear Taco Bell, This Ad Is Your Walk Of Shame.

15 Lindsay @ Fuel My Family January 31, 2012 at 4:06 pm

I hope you don’t get sick, I just finally got over being sick! I felt pretty bad for like 5 days. Today was my first workout since last thursday and it was just some weights. I can’t run when I can’t breathe through my nose!
Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..Breakfast Twice

16 Julie @ Orcas Health Journey January 31, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Hey Courtney!

Take some zinc FAST! – Taking zinc early on of a cold will allow you to get better faster –
read it today on fitsugar ;)
Hope you feel better !
Julie @ Orcas Health Journey recently posted..Last Weekend of January Recap

17 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 31, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Fingers crossed that you don’t get sick!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Max Brenner Philly

18 Olivia January 31, 2012 at 5:02 pm

I used to work a lot of 10-3, 5-10 shifts etc. and they were always so terrible to meal plan around. Either way it feels like the meal part of your day is taken over!

PS I hope you feel better! Seems like everyoneeee is under the weather lately.
Olivia recently posted..Boo

19 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter January 31, 2012 at 6:41 pm

Just keep repeating it!! :) So I am figuring you won’t read these until tonight or in the morning, but how do you like the 3-8 pm shift??

Awesome salad Courtney!
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Oatmeal goodness!

20 Laura@mypurposefullife January 31, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Feel better! If you like sushi-miso soup is supposed to be really medicinal. Great excuse to go out for sushi, eh? If not- leafy greens are supposed to help with respiratory stuff since they’re “the lungs of the Earth” so keep eating those salads! :)
Laura@mypurposefullife recently posted..A New Chapter

21 Sarah January 31, 2012 at 8:58 pm

I love the passion fruit flavor of chobani- I just get past the seeds by not chewing them. Not sure if it is true or not but when I was eating passion fruit in Africa, they told me not to chew the seeds. I don’t think the seeds really add flavor so no use to chew!

22 Michelle (Better with Berries) January 31, 2012 at 9:06 pm

It’s always tough to plan meals and snacks with a funny schedule. My roommate and I were both relieved last year when we both admitted that “When will I eat?!?” is the first thing we both thought about when we would be out of the house for an extended period of time :-) Will your schedule be the same every week?
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..Level Two Tuesday

23 jana @ newly wife healthy life January 31, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Once your body gets used to a certain feeding schedule, it’s definitely hard to get used to changes. Hope you feel better!!
jana @ newly wife healthy life recently posted..Just Working on my Fitness!

24 Khushboo February 1, 2012 at 12:40 am

I kinda like the sound of the yogurt- the seeds sounds kinda like pomengranate seeds which I love in yogurt!
Khushboo recently posted..January goals revisited

25 Emilie February 1, 2012 at 3:21 am

I hate that feeling when you know you are getting sick. Wish we could get Chobani in Australia. Everybody raves about it so much!
Emilie recently posted..Lazy Morning Breakfast

26 Miz February 1, 2012 at 6:57 am

how you feeling?
Ive gots that same mantra going here too :-)
Miz recently posted..The MizFit workout skirts are here!

27 Courtney February 1, 2012 at 10:32 am

Ughh, no bueno, Miz. The nose is a-runnin’!

28 Jordan February 1, 2012 at 9:18 am

i agree about the passionfruit chobani! flavor = awesome, seeds = a little funky. i like apple cinnamon and blood orange better :)
Jordan recently posted..Chrome Users: Try the WordPress.com Extension

29 Mac February 1, 2012 at 10:09 am

I’m using the “I’m not getting sick, I’m not getting sick” mantra right now too… I sure hope it works!
Mac recently posted..January Foodie Pen Pal

30 Sarah February 2, 2012 at 9:41 pm

I love the passion fruit flavor but the seeds were killing me! They looks like big ugly bugs, i tried swallowing them without feeling them with my tongue it was kind of awkward!
Sarah recently posted..Vegetarain Tempeh NO MEAT loaf