Keep On Repeating

I’m not getting sick. I’m not getting sick. I’m not getting sick…

I’m hoping that if I repeat this enough, it will actually remain true.

This morning when I woke up, I had a little bit of a scratchy throat, but I tried telling myself that it was just one of those “I slept with my mouth open too long” sorta things. Unfortunately, as the day has progressed, the scratchiness has yet to subside, and I’m starting to feel the sniffles coming on.

I’ve been trying to keep on top of my usual cold remedies, so hopefully I’ll be able to stop this thing dead in its tracks. Fingers crossed!

*****

Mid-morning, after I finished taking care of the grocery shopping I’d been putting off, I came home and decided to try the new Passion Fruit Chobani yogurt.

I’ve had these in the fridge since last week when they sent me my goody box of all three of the new flavors, but just haven’t had the chance to try this one until today.

So what’s the verdict? Well, the passion fruit flavor is absolutely amazing, and I love the extra creaminess that you get from it being 2% (another reason the Pineapple flavor is a favorite of mine), but I had a really hard time getting past the seeds.

Those little buggers were rather crunchy in there, but that being said, I don’t think they make this flavor a deal breaker for me. The flavor was too good to pass up so I’m thinking next time maybe I’ll just try to sift through them a bit. Winking smile

Workout

After my snack, I decided to squeeze in a workout. I was feeling okay to sweat a bit, but yesterday’s workout left me rather sore today, so I opted for something a bit more low key and went with my Sweaty Mess WALKING Incline Intervals. I say “low key” but this workout is hardly that…it’s just a nice change of pace from running. You’ll definitely still get your sweat on, trust me.

Lunch

Yesterday’s salad was so yummy, and the veggie drawer in our fridge doesn’t appear to be dwindling at all, so I did a repeat.

Same salad as yesterday, still just as tasty. On the side, I also had a fresh orange.

I’ll be heading out for my shift at work in a little bit, which is actually another one that I think it going to require some figuring out on the meals/snacks front. The shift is from 3-8pm, and I’m still trying to decide how I want to tackle this one (since it includes my usual afternoon snack & dinner times), but I’ll be sure to let ya know what I come up with. Smile

Comments

Oh, no! I hope you feel better asap and that it’s just allergies! I don’t know about where you live but it was freezing at the beginning of the week and now it’s in the 60’s. It’s crazy and enough for allergies to go hay wire. Your salad looks delicious!
    Hope recently posted..11 Things…

i have yet to try out the passion fruit one, but the pineapple one is one of my top faves as well because of it being 2%, which makes it oh so creamy and wonderful. out of the new ones, i only found the apple cinnamon chobani (which i LOVED!) in our grocery store, so i hope to find the passion fruit one soon! hope the first couple days on the new job are going well! do you plan on giving us a recap?
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Trainer Tuesday: Upper Body Gym Workout

3. dee says

Oh no, scratchy throat and sniffles! I guess that means you had a complete BLAST during birthday week :) Both my mom and I had this cold attack earlier this month. It’s time to bust out your favorite mug, fill it with hot water, squeeze in some lemon, and add a bit of honey to sweeten it up. Repeat, repeat, repeat! Feel better soon!

A co-worker of mine swears by yogurt when he get s a scratchy throat. He says the doctor told him yogurt will help with a sore throat and strep. I am in love with Mucinex if your sore throat progresses to congestion and coughing. It works like a charm. Feel better!
    Ashlee recently posted..The Big 2-5

It is the time of year to have a cold creeping in! Try a steam room shower and be sure to wash your hands more than usual.
    I have a secret passion fruit obsession (maybe because I discovered them on my honeymoon in Costa Rica!), but I always liked the crunch. Reminds me of a pomegranate. Do you like those? I’m still on the search for the new Cho flavors…what’s with my NYC corner store?!
    Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..Grocery Waster: Lengthen the Shelf Life of your Fare

hope you feel better! maybe it’s just a birthday week hangover?

i loooove that chobani flavor, but the seeds? ah man, those are a deal breaker for me. it makes me feel like i’m eating watermelon seeds, lol! and i will sit there and pick out every watermelon seed…even those weird “edible” seeds in the seedless watermelons…gotta pick ’em out. i’m weird. i have a problem.
    erica recently posted..things that make you go hmmm…

Try adding granola to the passion fruit flavor, it will hide the seeds more! I personally loved that flavor! Also, if you haven’t yet, try the blood orange, it is the bomb dot com!
    Sam recently posted..Nice To Meechoo

8. Nicole says

This is totally random – but I love your new (?) blue bowl! And it looks so pretty next to the orange – the colors really play off of each other :)

I used to work a lot of 10-3, 5-10 shifts etc. and they were always so terrible to meal plan around. Either way it feels like the meal part of your day is taken over!

PS I hope you feel better! Seems like everyoneeee is under the weather lately.
    Olivia recently posted..Boo

Feel better! If you like sushi-miso soup is supposed to be really medicinal. Great excuse to go out for sushi, eh? If not- leafy greens are supposed to help with respiratory stuff since they’re “the lungs of the Earth” so keep eating those salads! :)
    Laura@mypurposefullife recently posted..A New Chapter

11. Sarah says

I love the passion fruit flavor of chobani- I just get past the seeds by not chewing them. Not sure if it is true or not but when I was eating passion fruit in Africa, they told me not to chew the seeds. I don’t think the seeds really add flavor so no use to chew!

It’s always tough to plan meals and snacks with a funny schedule. My roommate and I were both relieved last year when we both admitted that “When will I eat?!?” is the first thing we both thought about when we would be out of the house for an extended period of time :-) Will your schedule be the same every week?
    Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..Level Two Tuesday