The Incredible Super Bowl Spread

by Courtney on February 6, 2012

Aaaaaand the Giants win!!!!! Who were YOU routing for last night??

I had a few of you asking who I’d be routing for, seeing as though my Jets were definitely NOT partaking in any victories, but I was definitely routing for the Giants all the way. I actually think the only thing better than seeing the Giants win was seeing the Patriots LOSE. Bahaha.

Either way, it was a great game, and Jay and I were in great company with a few of our good friends over at the house. Oh yeah…and did I mention the amount of delicious food? Oh my. It was pretty incredible. Here’s a look at the spread…

Fresh Homemade Salsa, courtesy of the hubby

(not sure on a recipe, but if I find out, are you guys interested?)

Veggies with Nacho Cheese Beer Dip. Umm, yes, you read that correctly.

I used Liz’s recipe for NaCHO Cheese Dip, but put my own little spin on it by adding in about 4-5 tablespoons of Sam Adams Octoberfest.

I’m so glad we had a few of these left lying around in the fridge. Of course, I made sure to finish off the rest of it myself. Winking smile

Alright, so what else did we have? Well, I cooked up Sarah’s recipe for Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip, but ended up making quite a few alterations of my own. If I get my act together, I’ll try to share it with you guys sometime soon.

Let’s just say there was a lot of this that went into my belly last night.

The fun didn’t stop there though my friends. Oh no…

Jay continued his handy work in the kitchen and baked up a couple batches of chicken wings: one honey barbecue, and one basted with some sort of Frank’s Red Hot glaze.

The boys all said these were awesome, so I had to snag a bite of the honey barbecue one. They weren’t kidding…those bad boys were pretty tasty.

As if there wasn’t already enough food, I also whipped up a batch of Lauren’s Loaded Potato Bites. One word…amazing.

My friend Rachel made a couple of garbage breads – one with pepperoni and cheese, and one with sausage, peppers, and onions. I was definitely all over the one with peppers and onions. So so good.

You’d think we’d not eaten for days with this spread, wouldn’t ya? Gosh almighty!

But even still, there was one last item to add to the spread…

I mean, c’mon, you can’t have a party with SOME sort of dessert, right? Rachel also made a batch of festively decorated Funfetti cupcakes, which just so happen to be my favorite boxed cake mix EVER. I totally ended the night with one…

…aaaand maybe the frosting off another. I really was doing fairly good up until that point, but then it went downhill.

Cody even gave me the evil eye.

Woops. Sorry Code-man. I’m human…it happens.

This morning I am running on not nearly enough sleep, thanks to a late night and a super early morning (yes, I’ve been working since 5:00am) so the possibility of a nap upon my arrival at home is very, very possible.

So hey, I hope everyone had a great weekend and had a great time watching the game and/or doing whatever else you had going on instead. I’ve still got a few things I need to catch you guys up on from my weekend, but here’s some of what you may have missed…

I’ll catch up with you all a little later after I’m hopefully somehow able to get in a workout AND a nap. Now if I could juuuuust figure out how to do them at the same time… Winking smile

1 Sarah February 6, 2012 at 8:30 am

woooo GO GIANTS! The food spread looks AWESOME :)

2 chelcie @ chelcie's food files February 6, 2012 at 8:38 am

The spread looks delicious!! I made skinny buffalo chicken dip too and it was a hit! Although I ate a lOT of it haha..I also had a funfetti cupcake..why is funfetti cake mix SO good?!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..And the semester begins..

3 Faith @ For the Health of It February 6, 2012 at 8:38 am

Um, yes. I do like the Giants, but I would have rooted for any team in the NFL so long as they were playing against the Hatriots!

4 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope February 6, 2012 at 8:42 am

Your spread is impressive! I couldn’t even pick a favorite. Everything looks delicious! :) Funfetti is my favorite cake mix too. I’m secretly hoping I can have a funfetti layer of cake for my wedding :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..The Easiest Chicken You Will Ever Make…

5 Brittney @ Brittney Breathing February 6, 2012 at 8:42 am

Yum! Everything looks delicious!
Brittney @ Brittney Breathing recently posted..Growing Up

6 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries February 6, 2012 at 8:45 am

looks like an awesome spread of foods!!! we had a ridiculous amount of food… it was nonstop eating! can’t wait to eat up my fruits and veggies today. ;)
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Good News And Bad News

7 Liz @ Tip Top Shape February 6, 2012 at 9:07 am

That is quite the spread!! Everything looks delicious!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Sloth Saturday

8 Jenn @ Be YOU at Be Me February 6, 2012 at 9:09 am

I was definitely human yesterday as well (eating glorious foods) and complimenting on the great cooks who prepared it all. Giving my friends praises for their cooking talents meant more to me than turning down their food, because I wanted to “be good” with my eating. That is what life is all about, connecting with others.
Jenn @ Be YOU at Be Me recently posted..Become Super YOU!

9 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life February 6, 2012 at 9:10 am

Everything looks so good! Especially those wings and I’m not even a huge wings fan!
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Stocking Up

10 Khushboo February 6, 2012 at 9:12 am

I am craving dessert and now only funfetti cake is going to satisfy it- DHL one my way? ;)
Khushboo recently posted..Too much of a good thing gone bad?

11 Lindsay @ Fuel My Family February 6, 2012 at 9:16 am

I am going to have to try some garbage bread. I make calzones often and love them for how versatile they are. Anything tastes good inside some good chewy fresh bread!
Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..My Weekend In Numbers

12 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! February 6, 2012 at 9:52 am

Oh my gosh! I am so jealous of that spread!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Sun Butter & Madonna

13 Steph @ StephSnacks February 6, 2012 at 10:23 am

Ohhh wow all of that food looks beyond incredible! I would love to attend that super bowl party! I was more than happy to watch the Pats lose :) !!
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..Eatin’ Fool

14 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile February 6, 2012 at 10:45 am

My dad is a die hard Jets fan too! So I was rooting for the Giants, woo ! Everything looks amaaazing!

15 Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it February 6, 2012 at 11:06 am

YEA GIANTS!!! NY Represent :) They better have won after all the sh*t they talked haha! I also enjoyed seeing the Pats lose :)
Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it recently posted..I am Crazy + Superbowl

16 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill February 6, 2012 at 11:23 am

I felt the same way about the game. I’m not a fan of the Giants, but I am a huge Ravens fan, so naturally, I had to wish that the Patriots would lose. Needless to say, I was very happy last night!

17 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter February 6, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Holy yum what a spread! Looks like you guys had a great time! :)

There have been so many workouts where I just wanted to close my eyes while I did it. If you figure that out, please let us know! ;)
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Killer buns and thighs!

18 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers February 6, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Super Yum! Everything looks great!! The chicken wings look amazing! I want some!!! Glad you had fun!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Cherry Coke Cupcakes

19 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake February 6, 2012 at 12:29 pm

I was making “mmm” sounds as I was looking at all of your eats for the game… everything looks fantastic! I’m a sucker for funfetti too!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Blog & You Shall Receive

20 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat February 6, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Adding cheese is the only way I’ll drink/eat beer. :)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Lightened Up – Healthy Shamrock Shake

21 Erin (Texan Couture) February 6, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Nacho Beer Dip – Count Me In! I need to try this recipe asap!
Erin (Texan Couture) recently posted..Mints and Polish.

22 Kim @ The Family Practice February 6, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Booo! I wanted the Pats to win but alas it wasn’t in the cards :(
Those little potato bites look so yummy! Potato + cheese = favorite things
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Three in One Month

23 Emilie February 6, 2012 at 5:14 pm

YUM! Superbowl looks superfun!
Emilie recently posted..February Photo-A-Day – Day 6 – Dinner

24 Liz February 6, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Wow, that really is quite the spread of Super Bowl eats! I love the idea of adding beer to the cheese dip, good thinking!
Liz recently posted..Sugar Cookie Bars

25 Michelle (Better with Berries) February 6, 2012 at 8:08 pm

I’m always game for a new salsa recipe!

Agreed on the not enough sleep comment – the day after superbowl weekend is always rough!
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..My Favorite Guacamole

26 Winona February 15, 2012 at 10:15 am

Please share the salsa recipe…