Frozen and Flavorful

by Courtney on February 13, 2012

Good morning! Welcome back to Monday, everyone. Hope you all had a great weekend. Of course, in case you’re just catching up, here’s a little of what ya missed:

By the time me and the man got home last night, had dinner, and sat down to watch the Grammy’s, it was later than I expected and I really just felt like straight chillin’. So now, let me catch ya up a bit on what I was too lazy to share with you yesterday.

For a few months now, Jay and I have been talking about getting some floor mats to put down in the basement for where we work out. While we were out at Sam’s Club yesterday afternoon, we came across a pack for a pretty good price, so we decided to grab ‘em.

They’re reversible, so we can even make ‘em nice and rainbow-like. Talk about a nice wake-up call in the morning, right? Winking smile

But whether we use the colored side or the grey side, either one is going to be better than the rug we currently have down there. That thing has been a pain in the butt to keep moving around.

After shopping and stopping for a few hours at my in-laws house, Jay and I came back home to make a quick dinner. I was absolutely starving and was about ready to eat anything that was put in front of me, but thankfully, we had a quick fix.

I ended up picking up a box of these Gorton’s Simply Bake Tilapia filets at the store earlier this week, and figured last night was the perfect chance to give ‘em a go.

This fish surprisingly exceeded both of our expectations. Seriously, this stuff was good! It cooks up in individual bags, so you literally just pop ‘em out of their respective bags, plate ‘em, and eat. The fish was flaky and tender, and the seasoning (while a little excessive in the bag) was full of great flavor.

To make for a super easy, complete, and lazy dinner, I cooked up a couple bags of frozen veggies (snow peas and corn) and reheated some leftover brown rice I found hangin’ out in the fridge. Done and done!

Hey, some nights, frozen fish and veggies with reheated rice is just the way to go. I’m not ashamed. Winking smile

Shortly after dinner, as Jay and I were sitting and chatting, we had an unexpected visitor come up and join us. Codeman literally just hopped up into my lap out of nowhere.

He really must have missed us all afternoon? Either that, or it was later than usual for our dinner and it was cutting into his usual couch cuddles time.

Either way…couch or dinner table…he’s gonna get his cuddles.

Immediately after dinner, which I basically inhaled, I was still in need of a little something sweet, so I put together a little snack plate.

A golden delicious apple sprinkled with cinnamon, a batch of Honey Cinnamon Peanut Butter, and a small pumpkin protein bar (my fourth for the day). You know, these types of “desserts” that I’ve been having are actually becoming so much more enjoyable than I would have thought.

A little over a month ago, the only “dessert” in my mind was cake, cookies, ice cream, or something chocolate (<—not that they aren’t all incredible), but I actually find that I’m still not missing them nearly as much as I was before starting the nutrition plan. Crazy.

Speaking of which, I know that many of you have been asking for updates, and I’m planning on sharing some with you all a little later today! I’ll be putting that together once I get back from work this morning because, ya know, that’s where I am right now. Winking smile

See ya soon!

1 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope February 13, 2012 at 9:17 am

I’ve been wanting to try those Gortons Fisherman filets. I’m nervous to try them though. I’m not a huge fish fan. I usually stick with shellfish. I’ve tried salmon before and I hated it. Is tilapia very fishy tasting?

Your dessert platter looks tasty to me :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Unplugged For The Weekend…

2 Khushboo February 13, 2012 at 9:20 am

I know what you mean about desserts- while I sure love the days I indulge in cake or ice cream, I equally enjoy the other days where dessert merely involves yogurt, peanut butter and/or fruit!
Khushboo recently posted..Body For Life: 25% down

3 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries February 13, 2012 at 9:24 am

i should really look into getting some of those floor mats for our basement “workout area” too… right now we just have some old scraps of carpet that are pretty raggedy looking. looks like a great dinner too!! i love meals that are quick, easy, and delicious!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Cocoa Lovin’

4 Carissa February 13, 2012 at 9:28 am

I just bought some of those fish filets so I’m glad to hear they are good!

It’s 40 degrees here right now…I don’t know how you Northerners do it! My cats are frozen!!
Carissa recently posted..Let’s Move with Michelle Obama

5 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! February 13, 2012 at 9:37 am

That fish sounds so simple! SOmetimes my grocery store doesnt have the best selection in their seafood counter so I will turn to frozen, I definitely need to keep an eye out for those!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Damn Pinterest

6 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life February 13, 2012 at 9:40 am

I am excited to hear about how the plan is going. It seems like it must be a feasible plan because your workouts and meals really don’t look like they have changed much, just a few tweaks here and there. I love seeing plans that actually look realistic, instead of those that call for eating boiled chicken at every meal and working out 7 days a week for 3 hours at a time lol. Very refreshing approach to a health plan!
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Food is Love

7 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen February 13, 2012 at 9:57 am

We have the same flooring from Sam’s Club in our home gym in our basement. We bought A LOT of it (like $200+ worth) and it’s held up great. Even to our crazy dog running around with her nails digging into it. When I’m on the treadmill, she likes to run circles around the equipment down there as her exercise ;) It’s also survived the basement being flooded with over a foot of water (2x) this past year! Good stuff :)
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Chocolate coconut almond butter dip

8 Carolyn February 13, 2012 at 10:00 am

Hmmm… I’ll have to try the Gorton Tilapia. I typically get Tilapia from Costco which is pretty simple to cook as I literally a bit of lemon pepper on it and cook it it for about 10 minutes on the stove. The Gorton’s looks even simpler – wow!
Carolyn recently posted..Weekend Recap

9 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign February 13, 2012 at 10:06 am

I need to get to Sam’s to check out that flooring–how much was that? I’d love to get something like that to use on my hardwood floors while I work out at home!

10 Karlee @ BringingBackBalance February 13, 2012 at 10:07 am

Doesn’t it feel so great to no longer be hooked on sugar!?!! I cut out alll sugar a few weeks ago, and I honestly don’t crave it anymore. Who woulda thought that some carrot sticks and nut butter could taste so darn good! I think the first step to eliminating cravings is to cut out all sugar for at least a week. That week will be hell, but at the end of it you will feel soo much better!
Karlee @ BringingBackBalance recently posted..For the Love of Squash!!

11 chelcie @ chelcie's food files February 13, 2012 at 10:28 am

I am always looking for a good frozen fish..I’m always worried to buy them because I feel like they will taste to “fishy” if that makes sense..but I’ll have to look out for those in the grocery store!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Thoughts from the Weekend

12 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction February 13, 2012 at 11:21 am

I pumpkin protein bars look like a great dessert! I’ve got to try that apple snack, looks sweet n healthy :)
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Three Cheers for CHO!

13 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers February 13, 2012 at 11:49 am

I want to get the mat like like. I asked for one for Christmas, but I didn’t get it! :( Are they good for helping you not slip? My floor is slippery and I can’t do a lot of exercise because of it. Have a great day!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Peanut Butter Cookies

14 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter February 13, 2012 at 11:59 am

I love Gortons tilapia’s! Love the dinner combo. :) Sam’s club has some of the coolest things. A friend of mine just went over the weekend and she text me their HUGE line of workout DVD’s …. She also picked me up a new Jackie DVD! :)
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Just Relax :)

15 Katy @ HaveYouHurd February 13, 2012 at 2:39 pm

I like that snowman in the background! :)
Katy @ HaveYouHurd recently posted..Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies + Team Judy

16 Paige @ Running Around Normal February 14, 2012 at 1:59 pm

We have those same mats from Sam’s Club for our workout room! They work pretty well, but are a little tooo cushy for my liking.
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..Valentine’s Day Convert + Our Love Story