Italian-Style Crockpot Stuffed Peppers

by Courtney on February 22, 2012

Remember a couple of weeks ago when I made those awesome stuffed peppers?

Well, I did promise you all a recipe…and I’m not one to break a promise!

These stuffed peppers are not only super easy to make, but they’re incredibly flavorful and delicious. Because you put the ground turkey in raw, the insides cook up very similar to what you’d find in a meatloaf. Definitely different from your usual stuffed pepper recipe, but hey…different is a good thing.

Pin It

I’d be willing to bet that these would be delicious topped with some mozzarella cheese, but I didn’t have any on hand when I made them. Next time, I think I’m gonna do just that.

Alright…so who’s ready to get that crockpot out now? Smile

1 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope February 22, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Stuffed peppers are one of my favorites! I would have never thought to put them in the crockpot to cook them. I love that this is made with ground turkey and is slow cooked. I’m definitely going to try it. Thanks for posting the recipe :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk Wednesday: Our Save the Dates…

2 CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com February 22, 2012 at 2:04 pm

i love stuffed peppers! usually I make them in a mexican fashion but my goodness i think the meatloaf texture sounds fabulous! thanks for the new idea :-)

3 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries February 22, 2012 at 2:20 pm

yes! i was waiting for this one! adding this to my dinner menu for next week for sure. :) i love that it looks so easy too.
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW {What I Ate Wednesday} #22: Short & Simple

4 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life February 22, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Yum! I am still craving stuffed peppers since you first started mentioning them weeks ago! Perfect week night dinner recipe. I agree, mozzarella cheese would be amazing with this too!
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Summer Loving in Winter

5 Caroline February 22, 2012 at 2:36 pm

I want to try these so badly but I don’t have a crockpot :(
Caroline recently posted..Asian Lettuce Wraps – So Simple, So Good!

6 Sarah February 22, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Ahh Courtney! You read my mind! I was stalking your site for this recipe yesterday and realized you hadn’t posted it yet, so I went with the original and made a few changes – similar to yours – & they are currently in my crock-pot right now! so excited for dinner!

7 Carrie Purchase @ Myhealthyaddictions February 22, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Mmmmmm Love Stuffed Peppers! The crock pot is a good idea because I always forget to boil mine first so sometimes they aren’t as tender as I would like.
Carrie Purchase @ Myhealthyaddictions recently posted..Sleep…..Who Needs It

8 Lena @Fit on the Rocks February 22, 2012 at 2:43 pm

I love stuffed peppers, and this recipe looks so easy. Thanks for sharing!
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Unplugged

9 Carolyn February 22, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Oh, this is great. My husband has been wanting stuffed peppers for the longest time! I think I’ll just have to make them for him.
Carolyn recently posted..It’s Starting to Feel Like Spring

10 Liz @ Tip Top Shape February 22, 2012 at 3:26 pm

Every time I see something delicious like this, I wish I had a crockpot! Looks fantastic!!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Pet Peeve Wednesday

11 Lindsay @ Fuel My Family February 22, 2012 at 3:28 pm

These looks good. I should try these for my husband because meatloaf is his favorite meal!
Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..WIAW: Weekend Edition

12 Jamie February 22, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Yay! I searched for this yesterday!! I am glad you posted your adaptations, I’m making them tomorrow!

13 Kelly February 22, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Stuffed peppers are one of my all time favorite meals! I will definitely be bookmarking this recipe!!

14 Sue February 22, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Oh yum!! I love stuffed peppers. I’m definitely going to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing it.

15 Ruthie Hart February 22, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Never thought to make these in the crockpot!
Ruthie Hart recently posted..The city of love {San Francisco}

16 Jennica February 22, 2012 at 6:38 pm

I am not really sure if this will be liked by my family but I hope they will…I will try it this weekend…
Jennica recently posted..Review of Automated Forex Trading Software

17 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake February 22, 2012 at 7:44 pm

I love this recipe! I actually try to avoid crock-pot recipes that require you to cook beforehand. Isn’t the whole point to AVOID the “work”? Definitely adding this to my menu for next week!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..My First WIAW!

18 Julie February 22, 2012 at 8:03 pm

These bad boys look amazing! Can’t wait to try them. Thanks for the recipe!
Julie recently posted..Pros and Cons of Technology

19 Miranda @ Miranda's Munchies February 22, 2012 at 8:20 pm

ahhh!!! I’ve been craving these since you posted the pics!!
Miranda @ Miranda’s Munchies recently posted..WIAW #6

20 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine February 22, 2012 at 8:26 pm

Mmm I need to try these! I just made Shrimp & Brown Rice Stuffed Peppers and they were fantastic!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..WIAW – Homecooked Meals

21 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More February 22, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Those look really good! I bet you could substitute the ground turkey for broken up tempeh and chicken broth with veggie broth for a vegetarian version, huh? I might have to try it… ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Foodie for a Day

22 Khushboo February 22, 2012 at 11:22 pm

This is such a great twist to regular stuffed peppers…butternut squash is also yummy when stuffed (well even yummier than normal)!
Khushboo recently posted..Life’s important questions

23 michelle kim February 23, 2012 at 12:37 am

I will definitely have to make this! My poor crockpot has been neglected for a while now. This will be a good way to make up for it!
michelle kim recently posted..Mardi Gras?

24 Lesa April 23, 2013 at 6:49 pm

Do the “older” crock pots work as well as the newer ones, or are they cooler during cooking? I ask because sometimes onion stay a bit crunchy in my crock pot and need to be on the bottom. Mine has 2 settings – what about newer ones? Any ideas?

25 Courtney April 23, 2013 at 7:38 pm

Hmm, not sure? Mine only has high, low, and warm settings, but I’ve never had any problems with it. I just always make sure to cook it long enough :)