Full Body Superset Workout

I’ve got a great, full body superset workout for you guys today!

Why supersets? Supersets are designed to cut out downtime between sets, which increases both your metabolism and your heart rate, because the body works harder afterward to recover. This means a greater calorie burn, without the whole sweaty cardio session. Sound good? Check this one out:

full body superset workout

Pin It

Because there are no machines involved in this workout, you can easily perform these moves at home, at work, or anywhere else you have a set of dumbbells. Need to see how the moves are done? See below…

Bent Over Rows – Hinge forward 90 degrees from hips so back is parallel to floor and arms extend down. Drive elbows directly behind you to bring dumbbells by ribs. Lower and repeat.

image

Decline Bench Press – Remember to maintain bridge position as you extend arms to press dumbbells toward ceiling. Lower upper arms to floor and repeat.

image

Biceps Preacher Curl (*if you don’t have a stability ball, sit backwards in a standard chair). Curl weights toward shoulders and lower. Repeat.

Tricep Skullcrushers (*if you don’t have a stability ball, you can do overhead tricep extensions instead). Hold one dumbbell between right thumb and pointer finger. Slide left hand under right hand for support. Keep knees hip width apart and hips lifted. Straighten out arms by lifting the weight up. Pause for one second, begin lowering the free weight back to your starting position, and repeat.

Leg Curls with Dumbbells – keep abs tight and lift leg up, maintaining a 90 degree angle. Lower and repeat.

Squat with Dumbbells – remember to keep weight in the heels as you lower and rise back up. To make it easier, hold the dumbbells at your sides.

image

V-Sit Twists with Dumbbell – Crunch up, lifting feet off floor, and hold dumbbell at chest level. Rotate torso toward right as you bring right knee into chest; simultaneously extend left leg diagonally up at a 45 degree angle. Keeping torso and legs lifted, switch sides and repeat to complete 1 rep.

image

Roll Ups with Dumbbell – Engage abs, raise arms overhead while holding dumbbell, and slowly lift shoulders and then torso off floor; hinge forward at hips to reach hands to touch toes. Slowly reverse motion back to start. To make it easier, perform the moves without a dumbbell.

image

Have fun with it! And if you decide to give it a try, let me know what you think! Smile

Comments

I’m loving the images you included with each workout. Too often, I read work-outs but always scroll down and exit the particular post because I get too lazy to figure out the moves. Thanks for posting ;-)
    Mindy recently posted..Happy Days

Courtney thanks so much for showing each move. Sometimes on blogs it’s tough to follow the workout when you can’t actually SEE the move. It definitely takes more work on your end but it’s definitely beneficial! I’ll try to incorporate some of these moves tonight at the gym :)
    Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..Boston – The Eats! Part 3

3. Dee says

Love that you included the descriptions and images!! so helpful, and I’m so much more likely to try this out! As easy as it is to type something into google search, I guess I’m just far too lazy to even look up moves that I don’t know..haha! Sad!

4. Marie says

This looks like an AWESOME workout. I’m loving that you create and share great workouts with us. I also like that you provide descriptions with a picture instead of linking a you tube video since that takes longer to go through and learn the moves if you’re new to them. Thanks!

5. Lou says

Hi! I just finished this right now and I loved it :) I found the arm exercises not so challenging, HOWEVER, it was probably due to me not having heavy enough dumbbells. It got to the legs and they were good especially because I was sore from yesterday’s exercise, so it felt really good. Then it got to abs – holy moly! They were terrific and something I really need to work on! I did some jumping jacks, pushups and crunches in between some of the exercises (allowing for the 1 min rest) just to add some more work. But this was really good, thanks Courtney. The pictures really helped out too. I’ve been following your blog for a while now but this was really the first work out I did from your site. I don’t know why it took me so long but this workout just really appealed to me. So thank you and keep up the great work! Enjoy the rest of your holiday :D

6. Destiny Ervin says

I just tried this workout! It helped so much having the descriptions with a picture! Thanks. It was nice and quick but I felt like my whole body was getting a good workout!

7. Cait says

Just tried this out. I’m recovering from a hip injury and this seemed manageable for me today. Nice workout – my shoulders are on fire! Thanks – I’m loving all the strength and circuit workouts lately!

8. Abby F says

I was doing the superset wrong until the very end- but then I figured out how its supposed to be done! Completely read the instructions before you start!! I’m going to have to try this again.

This is what I am looking for after my month long hiatus! Lost my job mid Feb. and stopped working out as I was not motivated enough. This is what I need to get back into the swing of things! So thankful I stumbled accross this website! So great what you do Courtney!

I’m not sure why but this website is loading extremely slow for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a issue on my end? I’ll
    check back later on and see if the problem still exists.
    Catherine recently posted..Catherine

“special deals”, ” deep discounts”, “clearance items”, “cheap merchandise”, and “special coupon offers”.

We need to not listen to our doctor who will be very helpful and
    write a prescription for almost anything to help you
    live with your diabetes. Make your own Muesli, you can make better
    muesli than any breakfast cereal manufacturer and instead of milk have soy or
    rice milk, one without sugar as an additive.
    Rowena recently posted..Rowena

Trackbacks

1. […] Lunch was almost the same thing, just minus the cauliflower, and double the amount of spinach. And rather than mixing all of the veggies up in a pan, I cooked everything separately and threw it together into a bowl: mushrooms cooked with spices and a ton of spinach, topped with cinnamony squash, some hummus and yoghurt. Accompanied with some coffee. This was also done after another hour on the gazelle and this superset circuit. […]