Looking for a quick, easy, healthy pasta recipe for lunch or dinner? Well look no further – I’ve got one for ya!
I’m very tempted to not even call it a “recipe,” since it’s really just that easy to throw together. I wound up putting this dish together on Saturday evening on a whim, after Jay and I both realized we were starving at 7:30pm, had yet to eat dinner, and didn’t feel like spending money on anything.
Quick and Healthy Pasta & Veggies
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serves 2-3
- 1-1/2 cups dry whole wheat pasta (rotini, ziti, shells, etc.)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- Half a bag of fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 3 tbsp Italian dressing (we used Ken’s Light Northern Italian)
- ~1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Cook the pasta according to directions and to your liking. While pasta is cooking, place fresh spinach leaves in a colander. Once pasta is done cooking, pour pasta and water over spinach leaves and into colander. Shake to drain and pour pasta and spinach back into your pot. Add the diced tomatoes, roasted red peppers, Italian dressing, and parmesan cheese; stir to combine and let cook over medium heat about 3-5 minutes so cheese becomes slightly melted. Serve and enjoy!
Like I said, it doesn’t get much easier than that, now does it?