Trivia Winners

Last night was so much fun. Gotta love going out on a school work night for a little trivia action with friends!

Jay and I headed up to downtown Saratoga to meet up with our friends, Eileen & Dan, and Kathryn & Paul for trivia night. If you’ve got your detective eyes working this morning, you may notice that these booths look a little familiar – I told you we’d be back!

We all made sure to get there a little early so we could grab a good seat, some drinks, and dinner before trivia started. In keeping with the theme for the week, I ordered another blueberry beer.

I’m pretty sure that this one is still my favorite, and I had another one later in the evening to fuel me through trivia, too. Winking smile

Being that this was already my second meal out for the week, with at least one or two more still on the agenda, I figured I should opt for something a bit healthier and take a break on the sweet potato fries.

I got their Mediterranean Salad, which came with artichoke hearts, red onions, cucumbers and tomatoes (which they forgot and I had to ask for), feta cheese, grilled chicken, hummus, and pita chips. Everything on the salad was great, but I don’t know about being $14.99 great…yikes.

Shortly after we finished dinner it was time to put on our trivia hats.

Honestly, I’m pretty awful at trivia, so I was quite proud of the fact that I was still able to contribute a few answers to the team…

• Paul McCartney’s daughter’s name – Stella
  • Designer with red soled shoes – Christian Louboutin
  • The Voice star with most Twitter followers – Adam Levine

There were four rounds for trivia last night, and our team actually ended up winning the 90’s music round. It was great – so many awesome old school songs were played, including “I Love You Always Forever” by Donna Lewis, which I had totally forgotten all about and used to LOVE. I gotta admit though…I was really hoping they were going to bust out some Tubthumping by Chumbawumba.

Ohhhh, the 90’s. Smile

For winning that round, our table was awarded a free pitcher of beer, but this Dirty Penny Ale was definitely wayyy too heavy for my liking.

Blech. Not for me, thank you very much.

*****

I have a short shift at work this morning that I’m headed out to, and then there’s a few other things on the to-do list to take care of. We’ll see where it all takes me for the day. Happy Thursday!

Question for the Morning:

Do you do well with trivia? What do you think would be your best and worst subjects?

Comments

I’m such a trivia nerd…can’t say I’m amazing at it but I do enjoy shouting out random answers with the hope that one will be right! I completely forgot about Chumbawumba- how fun is their name to say :)!
    Khushboo Thadani recently posted..Hey it’s OK…

I’m ok at trivia, not the best but definitely not the worst. My best subjects would be 21st century news or music or even food, but my worst would be things that happened before the year of 1996 (ya know ’cause I was born then). ;)
    Shannon recently posted..Happy Easter!

3. Jamie says

I’m pretty good at trivia- sometimes- but I love it anyway!! The matching boys totally made me smile, that’s cute! : )

4. Traci says

I found myself at a bar last night and saw that Blue Point blueberry ale on the menu – I totally tried it because of your recommendation and loved it! I think it’s my new favorite beer too. :)

5. Julie says

Haha, I love the trivia answers you were able to contribute! My friends and I played trivia a lot this summer and I was known to answer the more “girly questions.” All the guys were stumped on the question, “who is the host of ABC’s the bachelor/bachelorette?” I got so excited because I knew it and thought it was so obvious that I blurted it out for the whole bar to hear…whoops!

p.s. all the boys in the picture match in their button up plaid shirts!

6. Nicole says

How fun! Was this at Irish Times by any chance? I just read a write-up about their Wednesday night trivia nights, and how it was the place to be! And by the way, I totally went to HS with Chad Koenig (the name on the trivia sheet)… I assume he was the host? Too funny!

I love trivia! I’m not sure if you guys have a mellow mushroom up there (it’s a delicious pizza joint that has been doing a lot of expanding lately) but they have trivia that my friends and I often attend! If there’s one around you, I definitely suggest it!
    Katie recently posted..Where have I been?????

i’m hit and miss with trivia…i would kill it in 90’s pop music though.

that’s a lot of plaid right there. i’m pretty sure 90% of my shirts are plaid too!! :)

Great web site listed here! Furthermore your website alternatively a whole lot up very quickly! Just what exactly web host are you the application of? Am i allowed to are taking your online web page link for your number? I need our web site crammed as fast while yours : )

Trackbacks