An Odd Bump

by Courtney on May 8, 2012

Well I don’t know about you, but today is definitely one of those days where you end up scratching your head and wondering just where the heck the time went?

After my 9:00am acupuncture appointment (which went well, not much to report on), I was so incredibly tired that I came home and slept for a little over an hour. I know my body is still trying to catch up from this weekend’s festivities, and since I have a packed three days ahead, I figured the rest was good for me.

That nap took precedence over today’s planned workout, which means I’ve actually had two rest days in a row, but I’m cool with that. I was moving a LOT this weekend and I know I have a few awesome workouts on the horizon, including my first-ever Crossfit workout at Reebok on Friday.

I can’t wait to see what this latest craze is all about. Winking smile

Lunch

Shortly after my nap, I ended up making some lunch. Veggies have been few and far in between lately, so I figured I’d make use of what we had.

I mixed up some lettuce, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, baby carrots, feta cheese, dried cranberries, and shredded chicken in a bowl and tossed it around with some light balsamic vinaigrette dressing.

It’s amazing what a difference it makes when you shake everything up…probably my favorite way to eat a salad.

After lunch, I got to work on getting everything packed up for NYC & Boston, since I’ll be leaving for the train station nice and early tomorrow morning.

As I was sorting through my bags, I happened to notice an odd bump in the bed that I knew hadn’t been there earlier. Then I realized that it had been a while since I’d last seen Cody…

Well, wouldn’t ya know.

My slick furry friend actually did this on me last week too and it’s pretty clear that he is lovin’ this new spot. He’s not usually allowed in the bedroom because of my allergies, but if I’m constantly in and out of the room, I’ll leave the door open for a while.

Obviously, he takes full advantage.

*****

I have to head in to work to train a couple clients this evening, then it’s back and early to bed for this gal – I’ve got an early day ahead of me tomorrow.

New York City, here I come! Smile

**FYI: Yesterday I had the pleasure of guest posting over on Paige’s blog which is a super fun Q&A about me as a Personal Trainer. Feel free to head on over, check it out, and say hi to Paige!**

1 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance May 8, 2012 at 7:03 pm

NYC and Boston?! You’re gonna have a busy week! Have a safe trip!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Creamy Goat Cheese Sauce and Running with Teddy

2 Sana May 8, 2012 at 7:04 pm

:) Enjoy your rest you are going to be working hard the next few days!
Sana recently posted..A Moment of Clarity

3 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 8, 2012 at 7:05 pm

I love your new picture on the right side of your blog … gorgeous!! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Fried lemons and Krispy Kreme Milkshakes.

4 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third May 8, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Yayy for spontaneous naps! Glad you got to enjoy some downtime before all your activity starts back up!
And Cody is adorable… I want him and my cat Romo to be BFF’s.
Alyssa @ fit and fun in third recently posted..Long Branch Half Marathon Recap

5 Katy May 8, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Nothing like a good nap! Can’t wait to see how your Boston adventure works out!
Katy recently posted..5 Healthy Habits

6 Jenny May 8, 2012 at 7:16 pm

safe trip!! I miss NYC!
Jenny recently posted..New Site Address

7 Holly May 8, 2012 at 7:26 pm

Loved reading your interview! Seriously, I wish you lived closer…I would totally go to you for my after baby workouts!!!
Hope you have an AWESOME time on your trip!!! Congrats on your Fitterati award!! You are a rockstar!
Holly recently posted..How Workouts Have Changed

8 Maura May 8, 2012 at 7:29 pm

That is so cute about Cody hiding in your bed…I would have totally missed that!! But I have a 70 pound lab, so it’s hard for him to hide :)
Maura recently posted..Weekend Fun – Chicago!

9 Hayley C @ Running Down the Runway May 8, 2012 at 7:36 pm

I love your new picture- so pretty!!
Hayley C @ Running Down the Runway recently posted..Blogger Inspiration

10 Lauren May 8, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Sammy does this ALL the time in the mornings. I have often made the bed with him in it. Crazy little pets. :)
Lauren recently posted..I’m Addicted

11 Renee May 8, 2012 at 8:11 pm

Yeahhhhhhhh For #fitblogNYC tomorrow! I’ll be on a plane super early I feel your pain!
Renee recently posted..Terrific Tuesday Finds- Workout Edition

12 chelcie @ chelcie's food files May 8, 2012 at 8:36 pm

looks like a delicious lunch! i love the new headshot picture its so pretty!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Things I MUST make

13 Brittany @ Delights and Delectables May 8, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Hope you have fun in NYC!! You are a traveling queen!
Brittany @ Delights and Delectables recently posted..Back from Blend

14 Liz @ Tip Top Shape May 8, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Aaww Cody is too cute :D
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Lemon Crinkle Cookies

15 Kate May 8, 2012 at 10:17 pm

You probably know this, but it’s normal to feel tired or fatigued after acupuncture. Your body/muscles were stimulated by the treatment and then recover afterwards.

Have a great trip!

16 Ruthie Hart May 8, 2012 at 11:24 pm

hahaha that is hysterical! I never knew kitties were so cuddly!
Ruthie Hart recently posted..Giveaway!! Bizzz cards

17 Lea May 8, 2012 at 11:51 pm

My cat does that too, except she pokes her little head out from under the covers. I think she might have been a hermit crab in a past life. I’ve almost sat on her a couple times too!
Lea recently posted..NC Amendment I

18 bobbi May 9, 2012 at 12:49 am

Hey Court!

It was so great meeting you! You are so beautiful and inspiring can’t wait to start reading your blog!!!

19 Miller Jensen May 9, 2012 at 12:56 am

Have a safe trip. This is the first time I visited your blog and I find it really interesting. Thanks a lot for the nice articles.
Miller Jensen recently posted..maxworkoutsreview.net

20 Trisha May 9, 2012 at 1:10 am

Hahaha! My Fielder does the same thing. Especially when I’m trying to make the beg. Oh, fur babies… what would we do without them? :)
Trisha recently posted..Breakfast Cupcakes {with bacon!}

21 Trisha May 9, 2012 at 1:11 am

Hahaha! My Fielder does the same thing. Especially when I’m trying to make the bed. Oh, fur babies… what would we do without them? :)
Trisha recently posted..Breakfast Cupcakes {with bacon!}

22 Renee May 9, 2012 at 10:24 am

Oh, Cody! My male cat loves hiding under the covers. If I can’t find him, I know that’s where he is.
Renee recently posted..WIAW: Cinnamon Roll Protein Pancakes

23 Linda May 9, 2012 at 11:28 am

I went to an event at Albany Cross Fit and it was amazing. One of the women did their 90 day challenge and she now eats only Paleo and she looks fantastic and has been changed on every level.

As you already know there are alot of opinions on Crossfit, not all good. I truly believe you to find not only what works for you, but what challenges you and most importantly what keeps you coming back!

24 Calee (@chimes) May 9, 2012 at 11:38 am

My dog totally does that. We get out of bed in the morning and I make the bed. But then he just crawls back in. He’s about the size of your cat.

One of my friends was kind enough to take my dog out over lunch when I used to commute an hour away from home for work. One day he called and said he couldn’t find Barney anywhere. I asked him if he checked the bed. Sure enough, he was there. Usually he would come running to the door, but apparently it was cold enough and he was too lazy to get up. ;)

25 Sam @ Fit for My Fork May 10, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Aww, I love the cat in the bed… ours do that too. They’re so good at hiding and being in places they shouldn’t, and then they give you that ‘Who? Me?’ look and you forgive them right away!

I’d love to hear what you thought of CrossFit. I’m really interested in trying it out sometime soon!
Sam @ Fit for My Fork recently posted..Fit Body, Fit Mind: Clare