An Odd Bump

Well I don’t know about you, but today is definitely one of those days where you end up scratching your head and wondering just where the heck the time went?

After my 9:00am acupuncture appointment (which went well, not much to report on), I was so incredibly tired that I came home and slept for a little over an hour. I know my body is still trying to catch up from this weekend’s festivities, and since I have a packed three days ahead, I figured the rest was good for me.

That nap took precedence over today’s planned workout, which means I’ve actually had two rest days in a row, but I’m cool with that. I was moving a LOT this weekend and I know I have a few awesome workouts on the horizon, including my first-ever Crossfit workout at Reebok on Friday.

I can’t wait to see what this latest craze is all about. Winking smile

Shortly after my nap, I ended up making some lunch. Veggies have been few and far in between lately, so I figured I’d make use of what we had.

I mixed up some lettuce, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, baby carrots, feta cheese, dried cranberries, and shredded chicken in a bowl and tossed it around with some light balsamic vinaigrette dressing.

It’s amazing what a difference it makes when you shake everything up…probably my favorite way to eat a salad.

After lunch, I got to work on getting everything packed up for NYC & Boston, since I’ll be leaving for the train station nice and early tomorrow morning.

As I was sorting through my bags, I happened to notice an odd bump in the bed that I knew hadn’t been there earlier. Then I realized that it had been a while since I’d last seen Cody…

Well, wouldn’t ya know.

My slick furry friend actually did this on me last week too and it’s pretty clear that he is lovin’ this new spot. He’s not usually allowed in the bedroom because of my allergies, but if I’m constantly in and out of the room, I’ll leave the door open for a while.

Obviously, he takes full advantage.

I have to head in to work to train a couple clients this evening, then it’s back and early to bed for this gal – I’ve got an early day ahead of me tomorrow.

New York City, here I come! Smile

**FYI: Yesterday I had the pleasure of guest posting over on Paige’s blog which is a super fun Q&A about me as a Personal Trainer. Feel free to head on over, check it out, and say hi to Paige!**

Loved reading your interview! Seriously, I wish you lived closer…I would totally go to you for my after baby workouts!!!
    Hope you have an AWESOME time on your trip!!! Congrats on your Fitterati award!! You are a rockstar!
    Holly recently posted..How Workouts Have Changed

2. Kate says

You probably know this, but it’s normal to feel tired or fatigued after acupuncture. Your body/muscles were stimulated by the treatment and then recover afterwards.

Have a great trip!

My cat does that too, except she pokes her little head out from under the covers. I think she might have been a hermit crab in a past life. I’ve almost sat on her a couple times too!
    Lea recently posted..NC Amendment I

I went to an event at Albany Cross Fit and it was amazing. One of the women did their 90 day challenge and she now eats only Paleo and she looks fantastic and has been changed on every level.

As you already know there are alot of opinions on Crossfit, not all good. I truly believe you to find not only what works for you, but what challenges you and most importantly what keeps you coming back!

My dog totally does that. We get out of bed in the morning and I make the bed. But then he just crawls back in. He’s about the size of your cat.

One of my friends was kind enough to take my dog out over lunch when I used to commute an hour away from home for work. One day he called and said he couldn’t find Barney anywhere. I asked him if he checked the bed. Sure enough, he was there. Usually he would come running to the door, but apparently it was cold enough and he was too lazy to get up. 😉

Aww, I love the cat in the bed… ours do that too. They’re so good at hiding and being in places they shouldn’t, and then they give you that ‘Who? Me?’ look and you forgive them right away!

I’d love to hear what you thought of CrossFit. I’m really interested in trying it out sometime soon!
    Sam @ Fit for My Fork recently posted..Fit Body, Fit Mind: Clare