Blend Retreat: The Final Recap

by Courtney on May 10, 2012

Well, we’ve finally made it to my final recap of the Blend Retreat. I still need to work on putting together a recap of all the fun that was happening here in NYC yesterday, which will hopefully happen later today. But for now, let’s talk Colorado.

I honestly can’t even begin to tell you what an incredibly awesome weekend it was, and I’m SO glad I made the last minute decision to attend (after being easily persuaded by Ms. Alyssa). The people were great, the sponsors were amazing, and the swag? Oh man, it was out of this world. I realized that I actually never took any photos of our swag bags, but Jillian did – feel free to check out our spread of goodies!

Before I forget, I need to backtrack a bit…do you guys remember when I told you I had the chance to meet the one and only Justin himself from Justin’s Nut Butter? Well, here’s my proof!

Maddy from Love Grown had taken this photo before we started our tour and I had totally forgotten about it until I saw it over on Lindsay’s post. (Speaking of, her recap post is awesome, so feel free to check it out – she did a much better job of capturing scenes from the whole weekend than I did!).

I should also add that when I received that awesome box of goodies from Love Grown, this little gem happened to be hiding out in there…

Oh yes. It’s just like a Snickers bar, but better. And healthier. And it was thoroughly enjoyed last night while hanging out with Jay after work. I have yet to see them anywhere, but you can bet that I’ve got my eyes peeled for ‘em.

*****

So now…on to the recap! On Sunday, we all had another early morning wakeup call for bootcamp, which was led by the Chobani Fit team.

photo courtesy of Chobani

The bootcamp had us broken into groups and completing a number of different stations of workouts that ended up hitting the whole body. It was a bit chilly on Sunday morning, so I was glad that we got things moving quickly.

Once we were finished bootcampin’ it, we were treated to another delicious breakfast spread, sponsored by Chobani.

Fresh fruit, vanilla CHO, Love Grown granola, half a cinnamon raisin bagel with PB&J and some more yummy coffee. Filling, delicious, awesome.

After breakfast, the group gathered around for closing ceremonies and a raffle where I’m pretty sure there were enough giveaways for everyone to win something.

photo courtesy of Bobbi

I ended up winning a Chobani Fit hat and bag, but never took a photo. Woops. But I did finally get a chance to meet my wonderful and awesome Chobani friends!

photo courtesy of Alyssa

Once the raffle was over, everyone headed back to pack up, said their goodbyes, and before I knew it, I was on my way back home. I shared a cab to the airport with Alyssa and Jillian, and since we all had a little bit of time before our flights took off, we decided to grab something to eat…

I’m starting to think I may have a problem?

Alyssa and I opted for a fro yo “lunch” of sorts to help get us through our travels.

Hey, sometimes it’s just necessary, mmmkay? Winking smile

From there, the rest is history – I made it back home safely and I now have a full weekend full of amazing memories with some incredible ladies.

photo courtesy ashley mclaughlin photography

I’m already looking forward to going back again next year.

A great, huge, enormous, big ‘ol thank you to Janetha, Lindsay, and Katie for making this happen! Smile

1 Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean May 10, 2012 at 8:04 am

thanks for the shoutout!! my hubby even likes that picture…he says justin is dreamy :)
Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean recently posted..Be Inspired.

2 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries May 10, 2012 at 8:05 am

SO sad to have missed it! Next year! :)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..The Hard Work Has Paid Off!

3 Khushboo Thadani May 10, 2012 at 8:05 am

Fro yo for lunch- my kinda girl :)! BLEND sounds like an awesome weekend away- hopefully I’ll be able to make it next year :)
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..New product finds

4 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third May 10, 2012 at 8:09 am

A fro yo lunch is totally acceptable in my book. Especially if your traveling… Anything goes! :)
Alyssa @ fit and fun in third recently posted..W.I.A.W

5 Becca May 10, 2012 at 8:21 am

Sounds like such a fun weekend :) I would have loved it.
Becca recently posted..Beach Walk

6 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey May 10, 2012 at 8:30 am

You know what? I went to look for a TCBY that was a town over from me in hopes that I could get frozen yogurt and endure the stomach ache – and then it was gone. It was the worst thing ever.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..unhealthy health foods

7 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope May 10, 2012 at 8:35 am

It sounds like it was such a fun weekend! So cool that you got to meet Justin! Frozen Yogurt is perfectly acceptable in my opinion :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..For Every 99 Times…

8 Ellie@Fit for the Soul May 10, 2012 at 8:56 am

Niiice! I love the idea of all the bloggers workin’ out together, eating together and all. :) And Justin looks a lot like I imagined him! Except I thought he’d have glasses, lol.
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Mountain 14 Workout and WIAW

9 chelcie @ chelcie's food files May 10, 2012 at 9:00 am

fro yo for lunch is always necessary!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Cleaning out my Closet

10 Blog is the New Black May 10, 2012 at 9:09 am

I NEED that Justin’s bar. OMG.
Blog is the New Black recently posted..Birthday Cake Rice Krispie Treats

11 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie May 10, 2012 at 9:10 am

Love the fro yo for lunch :) Glad you had so much fun, sounds like a great weekend!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Last Run Before the Half

12 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More May 10, 2012 at 9:40 am

It was such an awesome weekend and so nice to meet you! :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..It All Ended Too Quickly

13 Laura Lea @ Beanie Bumbles May 10, 2012 at 9:57 am

This retreat looks like SO much fun! I just started a blog and am 100% signing up for this next year. That Justin’s candy bar is out of control, especially the dark chocolate one!
Laura Lea @ Beanie Bumbles recently posted..WIAW and Bean’s Green Healthy Fettuccine Alfredo

14 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 10, 2012 at 10:13 am

I’m so glad I persuaded you and forced you to share a bed with me all weekend. ;)

and I think I started convulsing yesterday with fro yo withdrawals..
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..So much LOVE

15 Yellow Haired Girl May 10, 2012 at 10:14 am

Girl, fro yo is always acceptable. :)
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Pondering Personality

16 Paige @ Running Around Normal May 10, 2012 at 10:16 am

Lindsay has been in Boulder so long she grew antlers, I see! ;) heh

I had a fierce froyo craving last night…our local shop started carrying German Chocolate Cake flavor! Maybe tonight…
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..Chubby Cheeks

17 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake May 10, 2012 at 10:50 am

That Justin’s “candy” bar looks & sounds delicious! I hope the pop up in stores soon!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Week 12

18 Alysha @Shesontherun May 10, 2012 at 11:03 am

I totally have a crush on Justin now! What a total hottie :)
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..Third Time’s a Charm

19 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers May 10, 2012 at 11:24 am

Wow Justin is hot! I was going to say something about Justin and Peanut Butter, but I’ll bite my tongue! lol
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Coconut Mocha Frappe

20 Jane {In the Pink and Green} May 10, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Looks like such an amazing weekend! All of your photos are really making me miss Boulder, my husband and I used to live there, but we just moved in January…it was such an awesome place to live! :)

21 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 10, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Eh, I think you can never have enough frozen yogurt!! ;)

And I’ll say it again … I’m so jealous! I would love to attend an event like that and meet other people with the same interests! So fun! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..I make chili in 80 degree weather because I can.

22 Sam May 10, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Wow Court! Reading all these recaps make me want to go next year so bad!! Glad you all had a great time.
How did you find out about it?
And yes, the yogurt seems to be a fun trend :) just in time for summer!!
<3 Sam
Sam recently posted..Maternity Pics!

23 Sam @ Fit for My Fork May 10, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Blend Retreat sounds amazing!
I wish frozen yogurt was more readily available here. Especially with all those toppings. Yum yum!
Sam @ Fit for My Fork recently posted..Fit Body, Fit Mind: Clare

24 Lisa May 10, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Seriously looks like such an amazing time, glad you guys all enjoyed yourself. From the sounds of it, everyone loved it lots. Is it crazy I have NEVER tried fro yo. I guess its not a cool thing here? I’ve never seen a place that sells it haha.
Lisa recently posted..Thursday Things

25 janetha May 10, 2012 at 10:52 pm

Yay—thank you for coming! Can’t wait to see you again!!!

26 Courtney May 12, 2012 at 2:31 pm