The June Yoga Challenge

Alright, I’m excited to share things with you today. Really excited! So let’s quickly get through today’s breakfast.

Hot coffee…extra yummy today for some reason.

A bowl of muesli made with plain Chobani, crushed pineapple, strawberries, and blueberries.

Since I went sweet with breakfast today, I guess I’ll have no excuse to not get some veggies in at lunch now. Winking smile

Okay, okay, enough of that…let’s get to the good stuff!

Yesterday, I asked if you’d be willing to take a yoga challenge with me and many, many of you raised your hands with excitement. Soooo, seeing as though today is the start of a brand new month, I thought it’d be the perfect time to do this…

The June Yoga Challenge!

June Yoga Challenge-001

That’s right! We’re holding a June Yoga Challenge up in here, friends.

This month, I’m taking the challenge to incorporate more yoga into my life. I love the way it makes me feel, both mentally and physically, yet it almost always gets pushed to the side. Why do I do that?

So now by starting this challenge, I’ve really got something to hold me accountable…but I want you guys to join me! And the best part about it is that it really is not complicated AND you can customize it.

For those of you following along with a blog of your own, I’ve created this snazzy little widget for you to post proudly on your siteI know, I’m shocked I figured out how to even do it.

Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life

**Edited: The original code directed you to a broken link – make sure to get the updated link above!**

So…What’s the Challenge?

• For me, I’m challenging myself to incorporate three sessions of a yoga a week into my workout routine. The length of sessions doesn’t matter – 45 minutes, 30 minutes, 10 minutes – as long as I do three sessions.
  • If you want to join in on the challenge but you think three sessions would be too much (or too little!) then you can create your own yoga challenge.
    • Maybe you want to master a new pose?
    • Maybe you want to finally try out that hot yoga studio down the street?
    • Maybe this is going to be your first-ever attempt at down dog?
    • It’s totally up to you!

What if I don’t have any yoga equipment/studios/DVD’s?

How will I check in?

• On Fridays, I’m going to do a recap post of how the week went for myself (did I get all 3 sessions in, how am I feeling, etc…) and I would encourage you to do the same. I will have a link-up (similar to WIAW) where you’ll be able to link your own recap post, so this way we can all help cheer each other on! Our first one will be Friday, June 8th.
  • If you don’t have a blog, but still want to include a recap, email me with a small snippet by Thursday at 5pm (sweettoothcourtney[@]gmail[.]com) and I’ll include it in my own post.
  • You can tweet about the challenge using the hashtag #juneyogachallenge. This way, we can all follow along throughout the month (and use it for encouragement when we may need it!)

I really think that this is going to be a lot of fun, and I’m excited not only to see how I progress through the challenge, but to also see how many of you are willing and ready to jump on board with me. If there’s any other questions, or anything I missed, just ask.

So now…who’s going to take the June Yoga Challenge?!?

Comments

This is an awesome challenge! I too need to do more yoga and it always gets pushed to the side. I’d love to participate, except make it a more mind/body challenge for myself including Pilates and stretching into the mix. Thanks!
    Katie recently posted..Day 13

I’m in! Ashley Turner also has a great yoga series. Its the kind of video that feels easy while you’re doing it and then sneaks up on you later in the day! She also incorporates a lot of mindfulness into the practice so it’s a great brain and body workout.

I am going to try to get into this challenge! I am 8 months pregnant so I am sure it will help to do a little yoga. I always feel relaxed after yoga, so I am looking forward to it. I just ordered one of these –> http://www.woot.com/plus/trainermat They have lots of mat options. And for $8 you get the mat and the DVD I thought that was pretty good :)
    Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction recently posted..Veggie Garden & Feeling HUGE!

I love Yoga Meltdown and try and do it once a week, for June I would be happy to go your challenge and do it twice a week :) Thanks for the fun widget too!
    Lindsey recently posted..Goodbye May

5. Kayla says

You read my mind! I just started p90x and yesterday’s workout was 90 minutes of yoga. I was dreading it but felt so much better after I was done. I’m going to make a serious effort to starting incorporating it into my workouts on a daily basis!

6. Kari says

I’m going to try this – I have NEVER done yoga, but have always wanted to! This will motivate me for sure. Thanks, Courtney!

7. Angela says

Can’t wait to start this challenge! Oh, and another great spot for yoga videos is actually Hulu. Search Yogazone, and there are about 30 different videos to watch!

I’m in! An awesome twitter friend mailed me the yoga DVD’s they gave at the Fitness Magazine event so that will be perfect. Yoga is something I always “say” I’m going to do and never make a priority. 3 times a week is my goal!
    Carissa recently posted..What I Learned from Pageants

What I love most about this is that it’s not ONLY yoga. I love yoga, but obviously it’s not always the most cardio-heavy workout and my hips have become SO tight from running and zumba. This seems like the best of both worlds! Good luck everyone!

k

10. Zoe says

I am in!! Looking for workout at home ideas and yoga sounds like a great idea, I guess I could even give it a shot outside?? I’ve only ever tried yoga once and I ended up hurting my hip and hobbling around for days. So hopefully I will be more successful this time! I might order the 10lb slimdown if you recommend it?
    Zoe recently posted..Disguise the greens and gym sweat

This sounds awesome! I was just thinking how much I love yoga and tend to neglect it. I’m so in! I could use a little more yoga in my life. :)
    kaylie recently posted..The Waltz

What a great idea! I need to do more yoga to stretch out my tight muscles from running. I actually use the Tone It Up Long & Lean routine after a long run – which incorporates yoga moves. SO nice to stretch!
    Megan recently posted..Fashion Friday

I’ve been telling myself I really need to do some yoga. I’m new to it but have taken a few classes and really like it, so this is perfect. And thanks to your post the other day about Workouts On Demand, I found them on my TV and will use those for a little while!
    Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson recently posted..Date Night

I’m going to give this a shot! I think my challenge will be to do yoga once a week – I’ve only tried it a handful of times, so anything will be an improvement! I might consider counting pilates as yoga too since I have been meaning to work that into my routine also.
    Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..Summer Plans

15. Kattreena says

I am super excited about this! I just did a yoga class this morning! It was an hour long, and it was fantastic! I love the instructor, so I’ll be sad when my full time job starts only because I won’t be able to go to her class! Luckily, my gym offers multiple yoga classes, and all of the instructors are great! :) I have seriously been loving yoga, and this challenge will be a wonderful way to keep me motivated! Thanks! :)

16. Kalynn says

I always seem to push yoga to the side, also! I don’t have a blog, but I’m going to join the challenge and use it as a motivator to finally incorporate more yoga into my workout schedule!

17. Laura says

Wow, I think you read my mind! I took a few hot yoga classes a couple months ago & LOVED it but haven’t had (made) the time to go back after my “intro” month was up. I’ve been doing some at home & just bought a Rodney Yee DVD (Ultimate Power Yoga) & haven’t had a chance to try it out yet. My goal is to get my booty to hot yoga this weekend!!

I am so excited about this! I remember when I first started doing yoga, It was my goal to master ‘crow/crane’ pose. Now, I do it every single time without fail! Sometimes – don’t tell anyone – but I do it just for fun.

Have you ever heard of Trish Stratus Yoga?

It is yoga done with these gloves that have weights on them! I really like it because you get to tone your body, but still get that relax-y yoga, ‘om’ feeling!

Stay lovely,
    Caitlyn :)
    Caitlyn M recently posted..Taking the plunge…

Awesome challenge! I participated in a 30 days of yoga challenge but I failed terribly at that one, 3x times a week is much more doable! Hopefully I can redeem myself with this one. Plus, my body is screaming at me to bring some more yoga back in my life, I’m also hoping to try out classes at a studio, I’ve only ever done yoga at gyms before.
    Lea recently posted..Things I’m Loving

20. Abby F says

ME! I have the same problem with pushing yoga to the side- and I did an hour long session earlier this week and I was SORE (I think it was the 5 minute plank)! I am in- 3 sessions a week, no matter how long :-)

I love this! I did a 30 day straight yoga challenge a year and half ago and it was life changing. Sadly after a rough end to 2011 in terms of my health, I’ve had a hard time getting my momentum back. Hopefully this will help me return to my yoga practice. I notice a huge difference in my mental and physical state when I do it.
    Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..A Day of Nothing

I’m in. I used to do yoga at least once a week but my training schedule changed and unfortunately, interfered with my yoga practice.

I’ve decided to change my yoga date to Thursday or Friday (instead of Sunday). My challenge is to bring my yoga practice back to at least once a week and become linger again.
    Diane recently posted..June Yoga Challenge

Hi there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it is really informative.

I’m gonna watch out for brussels. I’ll be grateful if you continue this in future. Numerous people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!
    leadership recently posted..leadership