Kathryn’s Bridal Shower

by Courtney on June 3, 2012

It’s always a good day when these girls are involved.

And now, after today, we’ve got another bridal shower successfully in the books! We (the bridal party) all arrived a bit early to set things up at the restaurant which, oddly enough, I realized I’d been to before because it was the same place that our friend Joelle had her rehearsal dinner. Small world!

In lieu of favors, the bridal party decided to make a donation on behalf of each guest to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.

This was something that is very near and dear to Kathryn and her family, and we all knew that it would be a great fit.

Kathryn, just being Kathryn and the planner that she is, also arrived early before most of the guests did. She was a little anxious about the day, so we made sure to get her a little beverage to ease into things…

But you’d honestly never know she was feeling nervous because everything was great.

For lunch, we had a buffet of sandwiches, salad, veggies, soup, and fresh fruit.

I dabbled in a bit of everything, which was all fresh and yummy.

Shortly after lunch, Kathryn got started on opening her gifts and I’ve got to say that I think my favorite gift that she received was this basket she’s holding here.

It was an “ice cream sundae” theme basket, complete with bowls, a scooper, and all sorts of toppings. Now that sort of gift is seriously right up my alley!

We also played a “how well do you know Paul?” game with her, which was rather amusing at times, if you couldn’t tell. Winking smile

Almost as amusing as this gorgeous ribbon hat that we put together for her.

Did anyone else ever actually use this at their wedding rehearsal? I’m pretty sure I never brought mine to my wedding rehearsal, and most of the other girls who were there today said the same thing. Now I’m curious…

After gifts, we had cake.

Ice cream cake, that is. I ate around as much of the chocolate ice cream as I could (crazy as it sounds, I can’t stand chocolate ice cream), but the big chunks of Oreos and thick layer of fudge underneath that vanilla top were ALL mine.

Ohh, that thing was good. REAL good.

Overall, another great day with these lovely ladies. And before we know it, it’ll be wedding time…

…but first we’ve got a couple fun bachelorette parties to thrown in there in the next few weeks! Oh gosh, I just love my friends’ weddings.

Time to go relax and enjoy what’s left of Sunday!

1 Ellie@Fit for the Soul June 3, 2012 at 5:40 pm

wowww seems like weddings are in the air for you! :D And your friend Kathryn sounds just like my friend (and former MOH) Susan~always on top of everything! interestingly enough, I’m not a fan of chocolate ice cream either and I’m not sure why.
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..These are My Favorite Things

2 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health June 3, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Yay for bridal showers!! I can’t wait til I have mine :). And that ice cream cake looks absolutely delicious! I haven’t had any in a while, but I used to love it! I should get some haha. Hope the rest of your Sunday goes well pretty lady <3
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Vacation Surprise

3 Kelli-Ann June 3, 2012 at 6:13 pm

I actually did use one of my ribbon hats (I had two showers due to geographic dispersion of family and friends!) as my bouquet for my rehearsal. One of my bridesmaids saved it and brought it for me though. I never would have remembered it otherwise! : )

4 Heather T. June 3, 2012 at 6:21 pm

I used my ribbon bouquet at my rehearsal :) I remember using it to hide my face as I cried walking down the isle with my dad, haha!

5 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy June 3, 2012 at 6:24 pm

I received an ice cream sundae themed bag for my bridal shower too, complete with an ice cream maker and everything! I can’t wait to use it! I’m going to remember the idea for any upcoming showers :).
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Sweat it Out Saturday #1: Getting Back to It

6 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life June 3, 2012 at 6:24 pm

The shower looked great! I love the big platter of fruit for make your own fruit salad. Great idea! I always feel like regular fruit salad is loaded with cantaloupe which I’m not a fan of and lacking in the good stuff, like berries!

I’m not a fan of chocolate ice cream either, but I cannot pass up ice cream cake, especially from Carvel!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..June Goals

7 Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction June 3, 2012 at 6:33 pm

I did not use the lovely “hat” from my bridal shower at the rehearsal. I do not even know what happened to it after the shower…. hmmmm
Where was the shower? I was trying to see if I recognized the place but I cannot place it. Where was the cake from? I am not a fan of chocolate ice cream either, but I will eat it when it is in cake form :) Yummy
Glad you guys had good weather this morning/afternoon for the shower :)
Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction recently posted..Veggie Garden & Feeling HUGE!

8 Leah @ DeLeahLicious June 3, 2012 at 7:03 pm

Too funny. I don’t like chocolate ice cream either!!! Yuck!
Leah @ DeLeahLicious recently posted..Wedding Updates

9 Julie June 3, 2012 at 7:32 pm

I actually remembered to use the ribbon plate as my “practice” bouquet for the rehearsal! It was cute. Looks like an awesome bridal shower! Nice job!
Julie recently posted..Yoga in June? Yes, Please!

10 Lisa June 3, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Chocolate ice cream is a no go for me too.

I actually found out at my shower that a “hat” is for baby showers. My bridesmaid made a “bouquet” out of ribbon and I used it at my rehearsal.

11 chelcie @ chelcie's food files June 3, 2012 at 7:47 pm

that ice cream cake looks amazing!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..A Belated Mother’s Day Brunch

12 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance June 3, 2012 at 7:57 pm

That cake looks so good – I want ice cream cake now! Weddings are so much fun. I’m supposed to be getting to the age where I get to go to weddings all the time – I hope that’s true!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Brussels Sprout Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette & the Gluten-Free Fad

13 Amber at Love, Laugh, Live Well June 3, 2012 at 8:15 pm

The food looks delicious (and I just ate!).

I actually did use my ribbon bouquet at our rehearsal. I totally would have forgot about it but my MOH remembered for me. ;)
Amber at Love, Laugh, Live Well recently posted..Product Review: Margarita Activewear!

14 Jessica Kane June 3, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Yes I totally used my ribbin thing as the stand-in bouquet at my rehearsal! I’m pretty sure it was my mom that brought it because I had so much on my mind I would have forgotten it!

15 Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog June 3, 2012 at 8:26 pm

Looks like a fun time! I love those fruit and veggie trays!! And ice cream cake!
Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog recently posted..What A Week

16 Katy June 3, 2012 at 8:34 pm

I love the idea of making donations in place of favors. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! You must be a total expert by now.
Katy recently posted..My First Shower

17 Maura @ My Healthy 'Ohana June 3, 2012 at 8:41 pm

I love ice cream cake…we used to always get to choose one from Baskin Robbins for our birthdays growing up :) That one looks fabulous!!
Maura @ My Healthy ‘Ohana recently posted..Trader Joe’s Favorites – Part 2

18 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake June 3, 2012 at 8:42 pm

All of the food looks wonderful! It’s so convenient hosting showers at a venue; less clean-up for those in charge of the planning!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Meal Planning

19 Michelle (Better with Berries) June 3, 2012 at 8:55 pm

First of all, you are crazy for not liking chocolate ice cream :-)

That is such a beautiful place for a bridal shower! And I love Kathryn’s dress – she looks beautiful!
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing

20 Kristen @ notsodomesticated June 3, 2012 at 9:10 pm

That ice cream cake. Wow. Just, wow.
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..One Panini, Two Panini, Three Panini, Four.

21 Hayley C @ Running Down the Runway June 3, 2012 at 10:00 pm

I’m a total chocolate fanatic but can’t stand chocolate ice cream either- so weird!
Hayley C @ Running Down the Runway recently posted..My Last Weekend of Freedom!

22 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter June 3, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Holy cow that cake looks amazing! I suddenly want ice cream. :) Looks like you guys had a fun day!
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..An oldie but a goodie

23 michelle kim June 3, 2012 at 10:41 pm

That fruit platter and ice cream cake look awesome!
Looks like you girls had a wonderful time :)
michelle kim recently posted..THANK YOU, EVERYONE!

24 Alysha @Shesontherun June 3, 2012 at 10:45 pm

What a beautiful place to have a bridal shower. What a lucky girl!
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..Wisconsin Cheese Tour Part 1: Chalet Cheese

25 Khushboo Thadani June 4, 2012 at 1:55 am

Not crazy at alll- I LOVE chocolate but hate chocolate ice cream…okay not hate but it’s never my preference :)!
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..Brain Dump

26 Miz June 4, 2012 at 6:01 am

and marriage is STILL the best thing I ever did.
almost 16 years later.
Miz recently posted..ThE SuRprIsE CoMmEnTeR oF tHe MoNtH is:

27 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope June 4, 2012 at 7:32 am

What a beautiful shower! :) That ice cream cake looks amazing!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Island Chicken & The Weekend…

28 Sam @ Fit for My Fork June 4, 2012 at 8:51 am

This looks like so much fun! I’ve never been to a bridal shower. My friends have to start getting married!!
Sam @ Fit for My Fork recently posted..A Gluten-Free Diamond Jubilee Part 1

29 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries June 4, 2012 at 9:07 am

I used my ribbon bouquet at my rehearsal! I think I needed something to keep my nervous hands still :)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..A Day at the [Doggy] Spa

30 Kim @ The Family Practice June 4, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Wedding season is definitely upon us! We had a wedding this past weekend and wedding related events this week as well. I luuvvvv it all! I especially love the dancing :)
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Triathlon Training – Week 1 (of 17)