Zucchini Oatmeal Bread

Zucchini Oatmeal Bread! (see recipe below)

What’s that you say? Am I eating breakfast again?

Well yes, I guess I technically am. But it’s lunch. Winking smile

I was actually really craving eggs for breakfast this morning, but couldn’t manage to have anything with any sort of heat to it. On Friday evening, I was lucky enough to get my hands on another batch of Kathryn’s chickens’ eggs and have been dying to have some ever since. They’re seriously just so good.

So for lunch, I decided to make myself a scramble with 2 whole eggs, diced tomatoes, fresh basil, and provolone cheese.

On the side, I had another piece of Zucchini Oatmeal Bread topped with peanut butter.

I’ll tell ya…I’m totally lovin’ on this stuff.

(I made sure to eat both edge pieces yesterday while they were still warm and crispy) Winking smile

I’m so thankful that Christina shared this recipe with me. She said that it came from her mom, which she slightly adapted, and then she passed it on to me. Then I slightly adapted her version…

And now I’m passing it on to all of you!

So far, it’s been great topped with honey butter, cinnamon cream cheese, and peanut butter.

It’s a winner.

Comments

1. Christina says

I have a quick question on your recipe. I just ran out of whole wheat flour but do have regular… would the measurements be the same? Also do you have to use “quick” oats? can I use the old fashioned oats? Looks delicious!!

• Courtney says

I would say to sub whatever flour you have and that should be fine (the original recipe called for 2 cups of all purpose, I believe). And old fashioned oats will be fine, they’ll just give your bread a bit heartier texture. :)

• Annie says

I will probably use white whole wheat for both cups… That’s about the only flour I use anymore. Glad to know that we can use ol fashion oats – much healthier. Thanks so much for a recipe that uses applesauce! Can’t wait to try this!

2. @pluvk says

Believe it or not, I’ve never tried zucchini bread before! I may have to add this to my recipe rotation. And I’ll definitely eat the ends first!!

Well, I’m thinking I’m especially lucky that I just bought 3 huge zucchini, my neighbour brought me over 4 home grown zucchinis, and my mom gave me another 3. I am set. This looks wonderful!

4. Kate says

I made this yesterday using my giant zucchinisfrom our garden and it is delicious!!! Every recipe I have tried from your site so far has not disappointed. My husband is seriously in love with the buffalo chicken pasta. Thanks for sharing!!!

5. Jennifer says

I made this yesterday and realized it was missing something, just kind of plain, though I know it should be great; then it hit me SALT! Is there a reason the recipe is salt free? Made this again tonight with 1/2 tsp salt and TERRIFIC! Love that it uses so much zucchini. I always try to pick my zukes small for pastas and shaved for salads, but I inevitably miss one or two only to discover some giant behemoth of a zuke hiding in the shadows to the left…

Trackbacks