Zucchini Oatmeal Bread

by Courtney on July 17, 2012

Zucchini Oatmeal Bread! (see recipe below)

What’s that you say? Am I eating breakfast again?

Well yes, I guess I technically am. But it’s lunch. Winking smile

I was actually really craving eggs for breakfast this morning, but couldn’t manage to have anything with any sort of heat to it. On Friday evening, I was lucky enough to get my hands on another batch of Kathryn’s chickens’ eggs and have been dying to have some ever since. They’re seriously just so good.

So for lunch, I decided to make myself a scramble with 2 whole eggs, diced tomatoes, fresh basil, and provolone cheese.

On the side, I had another piece of Zucchini Oatmeal Bread topped with peanut butter.

I’ll tell ya…I’m totally lovin’ on this stuff.

(I made sure to eat both edge pieces yesterday while they were still warm and crispy) Winking smile

I’m so thankful that Christina shared this recipe with me. She said that it came from her mom, which she slightly adapted, and then she passed it on to me. Then I slightly adapted her version…

And now I’m passing it on to all of you!

So far, it’s been great topped with honey butter, cinnamon cream cheese, and peanut butter.

It’s a winner.

1 Janae @ Bring-Joy July 17, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Zucchini is a wonderfood, isn’t it? Pretty bread.

I had to chuckle about the part where you ate both ends of the bread. You’re a smart lady. Those are the best parts of any bread. We always fought over the “heals” growing up :)
Janae @ Bring-Joy recently posted..MM: Marvelous Mondays, 16 Blogs I Like

2 Alex @ Brain, Body, Because July 17, 2012 at 8:24 pm

Right? I always want the heel pieces. I’ve started baking my bread recipes in a 9×13″ pan so that I get more crispy edges!
Alex @ Brain, Body, Because recently posted..Mindless Eating – Brian Wansink

3 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope July 17, 2012 at 1:46 pm

This bread sounds and looks great! I actually have all the ingredients at home. I definitely want to make this! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..One Month Until Our Wedding!…

4 Rachel July 17, 2012 at 1:53 pm

I was hoping you would post this recipe!!! Sounds delicious!
Rachel recently posted..The Ugly Harry Potter

5 Christine @ Oatmeal Bowl July 17, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Breakfast looks delicious. I love the end pieces. And you’ve named two of my fave ingredients. Can’t ever go wrong with a good zucchini bread – especially when it has oatmeal in it. ;)
Christine @ Oatmeal Bowl recently posted..@eMeals : Easy Dinner Meals for Busy People & #Giveaway

6 Khushboo July 17, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Love this recipe- bookmarked for when the baking urge hits next! It’s funny because I love the heads of freshly made bread yet always avoid those slices in store-bought loaves.
Khushboo recently posted..Chicken Avocado Tartine

7 Christina July 17, 2012 at 2:00 pm

I have a quick question on your recipe. I just ran out of whole wheat flour but do have regular… would the measurements be the same? Also do you have to use “quick” oats? can I use the old fashioned oats? Looks delicious!!

8 Courtney July 17, 2012 at 2:02 pm

I would say to sub whatever flour you have and that should be fine (the original recipe called for 2 cups of all purpose, I believe). And old fashioned oats will be fine, they’ll just give your bread a bit heartier texture. :)

9 Annie July 12, 2013 at 3:25 pm

I will probably use white whole wheat for both cups… That’s about the only flour I use anymore. Glad to know that we can use ol fashion oats – much healthier. Thanks so much for a recipe that uses applesauce! Can’t wait to try this!

10 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance July 17, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Looks delicous and healthy! I bet it would be great with maple almond butter, yum!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Sweet and Spicy Chili Lime Salmon – Too Easy to be True

11 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake July 17, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Yum! I really want to try this. I wish I had a garden, but I guess I can just go to the store & buy some zucchini! ;-)
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Favorite Products, Vlog #1

12 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles July 17, 2012 at 2:42 pm

That bread sounds like a winner- I love how moist zucchini bread is!!! Yummmm!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Week 31, 32, & 33

13 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness July 17, 2012 at 3:07 pm

That Zucchini bread looks amazing!!! And I could eat breakfast all day, for lunch and dinner! I’d be in heaven :)

14 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More July 17, 2012 at 3:38 pm

YUM!! I love zucchini bread so much!! And I’ll totally eat breakfast all 3 meals per day. :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..East Coast Revival // NYC

15 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness July 17, 2012 at 3:46 pm

It makes me laugh at my teenager self when the thought of zucchini would make me dry heave and now I am drooling at a picture of zucchini bread. So glad my taste buds changed to appreciate things like this!
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..7 Tips for the Post Workout Snack Attack

16 @pluvk July 17, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Believe it or not, I’ve never tried zucchini bread before! I may have to add this to my recipe rotation. And I’ll definitely eat the ends first!!

17 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions July 17, 2012 at 4:33 pm

That bread sounds phenomenal (and not too difficult to make?). I’m definitely going to have to try it out!
Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..Unplanned

18 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health July 17, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Ahh that bread sounds amazing!! I’m not sure I’d be able to control myself around it haha. Hope you’re having a great day Courtney!
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..New Workout Schedule

19 Lisa July 17, 2012 at 4:58 pm

Well, I’m thinking I’m especially lucky that I just bought 3 huge zucchini, my neighbour brought me over 4 home grown zucchinis, and my mom gave me another 3. I am set. This looks wonderful!

20 Danica @ It's Progression July 17, 2012 at 5:05 pm

recipe sounds delicious! I’m thinking I really need to jump on this zucchini wagon…
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Rehearsal and Rehearsal Dinner Recap

21 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction July 17, 2012 at 5:07 pm

I love breakfast for lunch! Or dinner! That bread looks amazing, I’d probably finish the loaf in a day or so!
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Chocolate Wafer Ice Box Cake

22 amy July 17, 2012 at 5:44 pm

ahhh why are the ends soooo goodd!!!

23 Cat @ Breakfast to Bed July 17, 2012 at 5:49 pm

I love your love for the ends. Please tell me you do the same thing with brownie edges. I think we’re meant to be.
Cat @ Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Shaving With a Hatchet

24 Jodi @ I Run for Food and Wine July 17, 2012 at 6:39 pm

I just got zucchini, yellow squash and cucumbers from my garden and they were huge! Nothing like real, fresh, home-grown food.
Jodi @ I Run for Food and Wine recently posted..Circuit and a Salad

25 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 17, 2012 at 6:41 pm

I’m loving all your zucchini recipes! Whenever I have zucchini bread I can tell myself it totally counts as a serving of veggies :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..The Tour Named For a Shoe.

26 Sarah July 17, 2012 at 6:57 pm

i need to get my hands on a zucchini right now
Sarah recently posted..Back on track

27 Kim@hungryhealthygirl July 17, 2012 at 8:45 pm

That zucchini bread is at the top of my “things to bake” list. It looks delish!!

28 jodie July 18, 2012 at 8:36 am

Thanks for recipe. I know what I will be eating this weekend.:)
jodie recently posted..Athleta: Power to the She

29 Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean July 18, 2012 at 9:09 am

sounds awesome! i love oats in bread!!
Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean recently posted..WIAW: Catching Up

30 Kate July 18, 2012 at 9:50 pm

I made this yesterday using my giant zucchinisfrom our garden and it is delicious!!! Every recipe I have tried from your site so far has not disappointed. My husband is seriously in love with the buffalo chicken pasta. Thanks for sharing!!!

31 Heather Chester July 19, 2012 at 10:35 am

I really love this zucchini oatmeal bread. I cab eat as many as I can when I am hungry so I make sure that I can eat this bread sometime.
Heather Chester recently posted..The Importance of a Healthy Sexual Health

32 Cristin Cogen July 20, 2012 at 5:30 am

Simple, flavorful, smart and visually appealing. Marvelous recipe Courtney :)
Cristin Cogen recently posted..data recovery services

33 Meredith July 20, 2012 at 7:36 am

Hi! I r
Meredith recently posted..one of my favorite things

34 Meredith July 20, 2012 at 7:41 am

You must make these! Made them for girls night and they rock. I added extra dk choc chips and added some cocoa and subbed agave for honey. And underbaked. Yum! And “healthy” enough for breakfast if they make it that long!
Meredith recently posted..one of my favorite things

35 Jennifer September 8, 2013 at 11:04 pm

I made this yesterday and realized it was missing something, just kind of plain, though I know it should be great; then it hit me SALT! Is there a reason the recipe is salt free? Made this again tonight with 1/2 tsp salt and TERRIFIC! Love that it uses so much zucchini. I always try to pick my zukes small for pastas and shaved for salads, but I inevitably miss one or two only to discover some giant behemoth of a zuke hiding in the shadows to the left…