First It Was Me

by Courtney on August 30, 2012

Finished!

Just before noon today, I finished up all of the cupcakes and they’re all packed up and ready to go.

I did two dozen chocolate pb cup,

one dozen triple lemon (lemon cake with lemon mousse filling and lemon frosting, which turned out AWESOME – I’ll have to share soon!),

and one dozen vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream…and these cute little toppers I found at the store. Winking smile

Now all that has to be taken care of is my least favorite part…transporting them. Keep your fingers crossed that we don’t have to make any quick stops!

Shortly after finishing up and cleaning up the mess that was my kitchen, I took time to make some lunch.

I put together a simple veggie salad made with lettuce, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, red pepper, carrots, and feta cheese. Then I added in half of a can of Bumble Bee Sundried Tomato & Basil Tuna Fish.

The company sent me a couple cans of this to try last week and I was excited to give it a try…I’d never seen them in the store before?

So once that was added in, I chopped it all up (a la my pizza cutter) and chowed.

I’ll tell ya…that tuna fish is SO good! It was so full of flavor that the salad didn’t even need any dressing. I’m definitely going to be on the lookout for it at the store now.

Alright. Now that lunch is taken care of, it’s about time to get ready to head up to Lake George and get these wedding festivities started! Ahhhh, I love weddings…especially when they’re for my closest of friends.

Out of our group of five, first it was me, then it was Joelle, then it was Rachel, and now it’s Kathryn.

Dare I say that just maybe I’m coming down from my wedding season peak? Winking smile

Can’t wait to celebrate with these girls!!

Question for the Afternoon:

How many weddings have you been to recently?

1 Cat @ Breakfast to Bed August 30, 2012 at 1:51 pm

wedding season can be dizzying. I keep chanting “almost over. almost over. almost over.”
Cat @ Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Fun House for Sweaty People

2 Lindsey August 30, 2012 at 1:52 pm

This is the first summer in 9 years we have not had a wedding! It is all babies here now :)
Lindsey recently posted..When to Blog…

3 Khushboo August 30, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Weddings are such a blast to attend! I have one coming up in November & I can’t wait- Indian weddings get kinda crazy :-)! Have an amazing weekend!!
Khushboo recently posted..Good things come in small packages

4 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope August 30, 2012 at 2:06 pm

I love weddings! I just had my wedding, 2 weeks ago, tomorrow. I can’t believe it’s been 2 weeks already! I’m in my friends wedding next month and then we have another wedding to attend in October. Then we have a break until next summer. :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Wedding Gift Exchange Between Mike & I!…

5 Brandi August 30, 2012 at 2:08 pm

I have been to two already! :) One of my favorite tunas! :)
Brandi recently posted..Twilight Zone Wednesday

6 Jordan @ Whimsical Desperation August 30, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Those cupcakes look ridiculously delicious!

Weddings are fun! I’ve only been to one recently (my cousin’s) — my friends aren’t really at the marrying point yet. (Though I did have the first one get engaged recently — that was like “wait, when did we get that grownup?!?!”)
Jordan @ Whimsical Desperation recently posted..What I didn’t eat Wednesday….

7 Angela @ Health's Angel August 30, 2012 at 2:12 pm

I just attended my first wedding about two weeks ago! It only took me 23 years…and it was a great one. I got to travel across the country to Portland, Oregon for it! I’ve been blogging about it all week. Good times. :-)
And…I think I may need to get in my car right now and drive to wherever those cupcakes are going. They look AMAZING.
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Portland Eats

8 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness August 30, 2012 at 2:21 pm

I love those cupcake toppers! So adorable! Not many weddings for me yet but I can’t wait till it’s my turn ;)
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..A Guest Post!!! Red Velvet Donuts!

9 Rachel August 30, 2012 at 2:22 pm

those look amazing! You’re so talented :) I’ve only been in a couple.. my friends aren’t even engaged yet haha (and I need to find myself a man! haha!) but I was a flower girl in my aunts wedding– years ago, and a bride’s maid in one of my friends– she got married early lol
Rachel recently posted..High Five

10 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats August 30, 2012 at 2:22 pm

um kudos on the cupcakes, those look amazing! And I’ve only had 2 friends get married over the past 2 years (one more coming up in december) but I’m only 24, so I’m sure I’ve got plenty to come in the future!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Thursday Thoughts

11 Stef August 30, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Most of our friends are already married so no weddings for us this year!
Stef recently posted..Latest Pinterest finds.

12 Stephanie @ Steph's Miles August 30, 2012 at 2:30 pm

I’ve seen those tuna mixes at the store before. I’ll have to give them a try! I’m going to a friends wedding next weekend and I am so pumped!
Stephanie @ Steph’s Miles recently posted..It’s Around the Corner

13 Chelsea August 30, 2012 at 2:45 pm

I’ve been to three weddings this summer, and will attend my fourth and fifth in September and October. I’m 22, so this is just the start! I love weddings, though (who doesn’t?!), so I won’t complain!
Chelsea recently posted..Fox Cities Day 3: Dinner & A Show

14 Suzanne August 30, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Your cupcakes are awesome! I am a cupcake freak and I just want to reach through the computer and gobble some up. :)

I’ve been to all my friends’ weddings already since we’re older, but I do have my little bro’s best friend’s wedding in October. So I’m currently on my gotta-lose-some-pounds-so-i-can-wear-a-sleevless-dress diet. ;)

15 Annette@FitnessPerks August 30, 2012 at 3:02 pm

YAY! holy moly those cupcakes look amazing! I totally want a lemon one. Want to save me one?! ;)
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Decoding Nutrition Label Claims

16 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries August 30, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Now I’m craving cupcakes like no other! All three of those varieties sound SO GOOD! You’re amazing, I tell ya!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..08/30: Thursday Thoughts

17 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions August 30, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Oh my gosh, Courtney, your cupcakes are beautiful! Seriously, a work of art.

Since June 2, I’ve been to 3.5 weddings — three ceremonies and one additional reception. I have another wedding on November 10, and then, as far as I can tell, I *should* be in the clear for the next year or so. I don’t have any friends in relationships serious enough to lead to engagement within the next couple of months (or at least, I highly doubt that they would), so I doubt Summer 2013 will be filled with quite as much wedding madness as this summer. Besides, where I’m from, the summer after college graduation is The Time to get married, and since that summer is this summer for me, I should get a little bit of a reprieve. (Though I obviously haven’t been invited to all of their weddings, I know 18 different couples either my age (Class of 2012), the year above me (Class of 2011), or the year below me (Class of 2013) that got married between April 28 and now. Needless to say I have no idea who any of my female Facebook friends are anymore hahaha).
Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..Thursday Things

18 katie August 30, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Now I want a cupcake!

19 Heather Lambirth August 30, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Once again, your cupcakes look amazing! Totally professional. I gotta get me some of those skillz. ;)

20 Ally's Sweet & Savory Eats August 30, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Ah! We’ve had some many weddings this summer…I think, 6? The last of the five of my girls I grew up with is getting married in October, and I HOPE now that I just turned 31, it should be slowing down???
Ally’s Sweet & Savory Eats recently posted..Bacon Buffalo Mac and Cheese

21 Lindsay @ Fuel My Family August 30, 2012 at 3:33 pm

most of our fiends are around 30 so wedding season has slowed down a little. I only have 2 this fall and 1 so far i the spring. can’t wait though!
Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..What I Ate out of my CSA Box

22 Danica @ It's Progression August 30, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Those cupcakes look great–good work girl!
Including our own, we have a series of 6 weddings in less than 6 months. I love weddings though, especially since ours is over and I can completely relax and enjoy the rest :)
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..thursday thoughts 8.30.12

23 Alysha @Shesontherun August 30, 2012 at 3:55 pm

We have a wedding on Sunday. So excited! BTW, where did you buy the cupcake boxes and trays to transport them around? I think this is such a great idea. Yours look awesome.
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..Adventures at Odd Duck

24 Kim@hungryhealthygirl August 30, 2012 at 4:26 pm

The cupcakes look awesome! I actually haven’t been to any weddings this season. Have a great time and good luck on the transport.
Kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Thursday Things with Link Love

25 Beks August 30, 2012 at 4:29 pm

In theory, I’m in one wedding next month. My friend, Amanda, asked me to sing at her wedding, but she hasn’t given me ANY details, except the song. Could be interesting. I’m looking forward to it, whether I sing or not. I get to see all my girlfriends from college! After that, no weddings until next June, where I’m MOH in my friend, Jess’s wedding.
Beks recently posted..Movie Review: The Odd Life of Timothy Green

26 Tara August 30, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Brian and I have had nine weddings this year…Including one this weekend too!!!

27 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 30, 2012 at 4:57 pm

Those cupcakes look amazing!

I actually didn’t have any weddings this year – I’m 22 so my friends aren’t quite at the marrying age yet. :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..And It’s Done.

28 Sara@MagiaePasta August 30, 2012 at 5:03 pm

This is the first wedding season where I have had a pretty busy line-up: one in May, one in June, one in August, and another one coming up in December – and I’m only 22, so this is just the beginning!
Sara@MagiaePasta recently posted..False Alarm

29 Jamie August 30, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Those cupcakes look AH-MAZ-ING! How many did you have to “taste”? =) I would have had to taste test them for sure!
That tuna looks great, on top of the salad even better. I must try it!

30 Curious August 30, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Where do you get those nifty cupcake carriers? I can’t find anything like that.

31 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles August 30, 2012 at 6:28 pm

It is crazy once the wedding season craziness starts to die down (the husband and I are there)….. but then you have baby showers and newborns to kiss!!! That is just as crazy! :)
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Meet our bundle of joy!

32 Ellie@Fit for the Soul August 30, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Wow grrrreat great job with the cupcakes! They look really professional and not overly fluffed up. :D BTW, where did you get that cupcake box? I’ve never seen it at stores but I’m wondering if it’s easily accessible in grocery stores. And what a fun time! Anything related to weddings is just so exciting.
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..How to Sneak in Flax Seeds and a Smoothie Recipe

33 Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily August 30, 2012 at 9:40 pm

The cupcakes look delicious!!!!
I’m going to have to look for that tuna at the store, normally I just buy the plain version and try and flavor it up myself :)
Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily recently posted..Scenes from the campground

34 Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath August 30, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Courtney–I’ve been meaning to tell you that I tried your oreo cupcake recipe a couple of weeks ago for a work event, and they were a big hit–so delicious!!
Amanda @ Let Me Be What’s Underneath recently posted..No Time For Stress–Guest Post!

35 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy August 30, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Have a great time! I went to two weddings in 2011, and then I got married this summer. I don’t have any upcoming weddings right now, but I have an itch to go to another one, haha!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Ice Ice Baby

36 Lisa August 30, 2012 at 10:22 pm

I am a cupcake junkie and those look FABULOUS. Post the recipes sometime if you get a minute.

37 Shannon August 30, 2012 at 10:31 pm

The last wedding I have gone to was my cousin’s last July. A year sure does fly by so quickly! :)

Have fun with the wedding festivities.

38 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom August 30, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Maybe you can start the the trend with being the first to have a baby!!!

You need to open up a cupcake shop!!! They looks so freaking delicious and I am just dying to try one of the triple lemon. I hope you share the recipe soon!!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..I’m a Lucky Girl

39 Kaitlyn August 30, 2012 at 11:04 pm

geeze your cupcakes are always so impressive! where do you get those travel/carrying boxes? that is always my biggest difficulty in wanting to make cupcakes because they dont pack or travel well!
Kaitlyn recently posted..big changes

40 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 30, 2012 at 11:24 pm

I’m starting to think you need to start a bakery. Your cupcakes always look so delicious AND pretty! :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Staying Healthy While On the Go

41 michelle kim August 31, 2012 at 1:12 am

Whoa. That triple lemon cupcake sounds amazing (I love citrus-y/lemony stuff).
I’ll be attending a wedding this fall, but no summer weddings yet!
michelle kim recently posted..New Breakfast Pancake!

42 Amy Glockner August 31, 2012 at 6:56 am

Hi Courtney. Where do you purchase the cupcake box inserts to keep them from sliding around?

43 Kristen @ notsodomesticated August 31, 2012 at 7:05 am

It’s been a while since I’ve gone to a wedding!! I think the last one was in January. But I love weddings. They’re always so much fun!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Buttermilk Baked Chicken

44 Ksenija @ Health Ninja August 31, 2012 at 7:33 am

Beautiful cupcakes and the toppers on the vanilla ones are the most amazing I’ve seen so far!

45 Linz @ Itz Linz August 31, 2012 at 8:11 am

Those cupcakes look AMAZING!! We went to 3 weddings this summer and passed on 2 other ones as they were out of town. Tis the season! (We have another 3 in the fall!)
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Foodie Penpals: August

46 Alyssa August 31, 2012 at 8:39 am

OH MY GOSH. I want ALL of those cupcakes! Can you please post recipes! They look soooo good :)
Alyssa recently posted..Pretty In Pink

47 Kim @ Baby Steps to Balance August 31, 2012 at 8:59 am

We have about 3-5 weddings every year for the past 5 years! The worst part is I always feel like I need to buy a new dress for every wedding and then never wear the dress again! Good thing I am a bargain hunter or else I would be broke!
Kim @ Baby Steps to Balance recently posted..How I spent my day….1dp5dt

48 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey August 31, 2012 at 8:37 pm

You’re so awesome at making cupcakes!!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

49 Bek @ Crave August 31, 2012 at 9:52 pm

Not enough! I don’t remember the last time I was at one- atleast a few years ago. Ps. Your cupcakes looks AMAZING! Seriously, you should start up a mini-business or cupcake bakery :)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Tight calves

50 Lauren @ Call Me Mrs. Rapp August 31, 2012 at 11:27 pm

Soooo many!! Seven last summer (in two), four this summer (plus three in the next two months), and already 3 next summer (in two). I will be scrounging for change in my couches to pay for all this, ha! ;)
Lauren @ Call Me Mrs. Rapp recently posted..Chicken Taco Chili