First It Was Me

Finished!

Just before noon today, I finished up all of the cupcakes and they’re all packed up and ready to go.

I did two dozen chocolate pb cup,

one dozen triple lemon (lemon cake with lemon mousse filling and lemon frosting, which turned out AWESOME – I’ll have to share soon!),

and one dozen vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream…and these cute little toppers I found at the store. Winking smile

Now all that has to be taken care of is my least favorite part…transporting them. Keep your fingers crossed that we don’t have to make any quick stops!

Shortly after finishing up and cleaning up the mess that was my kitchen, I took time to make some lunch.

I put together a simple veggie salad made with lettuce, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, red pepper, carrots, and feta cheese. Then I added in half of a can of Bumble Bee Sundried Tomato & Basil Tuna Fish.

The company sent me a couple cans of this to try last week and I was excited to give it a try…I’d never seen them in the store before?

So once that was added in, I chopped it all up (a la my pizza cutter) and chowed.

I’ll tell ya…that tuna fish is SO good! It was so full of flavor that the salad didn’t even need any dressing. I’m definitely going to be on the lookout for it at the store now.

Alright. Now that lunch is taken care of, it’s about time to get ready to head up to Lake George and get these wedding festivities started! Ahhhh, I love weddings…especially when they’re for my closest of friends.

Out of our group of five, first it was me, then it was Joelle, then it was Rachel, and now it’s Kathryn.

Dare I say that just maybe I’m coming down from my wedding season peak? Winking smile

Can’t wait to celebrate with these girls!!

Question for the Afternoon:

How many weddings have you been to recently?

Comments

I just attended my first wedding about two weeks ago! It only took me 23 years…and it was a great one. I got to travel across the country to Portland, Oregon for it! I’ve been blogging about it all week. Good times. :-)
    And…I think I may need to get in my car right now and drive to wherever those cupcakes are going. They look AMAZING.
    Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Portland Eats

those look amazing! You’re so talented :) I’ve only been in a couple.. my friends aren’t even engaged yet haha (and I need to find myself a man! haha!) but I was a flower girl in my aunts wedding– years ago, and a bride’s maid in one of my friends– she got married early lol
    Rachel recently posted..High Five

3. Suzanne says

Your cupcakes are awesome! I am a cupcake freak and I just want to reach through the computer and gobble some up. :)

I’ve been to all my friends’ weddings already since we’re older, but I do have my little bro’s best friend’s wedding in October. So I’m currently on my gotta-lose-some-pounds-so-i-can-wear-a-sleevless-dress diet. ;)

Oh my gosh, Courtney, your cupcakes are beautiful! Seriously, a work of art.

Since June 2, I’ve been to 3.5 weddings — three ceremonies and one additional reception. I have another wedding on November 10, and then, as far as I can tell, I *should* be in the clear for the next year or so. I don’t have any friends in relationships serious enough to lead to engagement within the next couple of months (or at least, I highly doubt that they would), so I doubt Summer 2013 will be filled with quite as much wedding madness as this summer. Besides, where I’m from, the summer after college graduation is The Time to get married, and since that summer is this summer for me, I should get a little bit of a reprieve. (Though I obviously haven’t been invited to all of their weddings, I know 18 different couples either my age (Class of 2012), the year above me (Class of 2011), or the year below me (Class of 2013) that got married between April 28 and now. Needless to say I have no idea who any of my female Facebook friends are anymore hahaha).
    Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..Thursday Things

5. Heather Lambirth says

Once again, your cupcakes look amazing! Totally professional. I gotta get me some of those skillz. ;)

In theory, I’m in one wedding next month. My friend, Amanda, asked me to sing at her wedding, but she hasn’t given me ANY details, except the song. Could be interesting. I’m looking forward to it, whether I sing or not. I get to see all my girlfriends from college! After that, no weddings until next June, where I’m MOH in my friend, Jess’s wedding.
    Beks recently posted..Movie Review: The Odd Life of Timothy Green

This is the first wedding season where I have had a pretty busy line-up: one in May, one in June, one in August, and another one coming up in December – and I’m only 22, so this is just the beginning!
    Sara@MagiaePasta recently posted..False Alarm

Those cupcakes look AH-MAZ-ING! How many did you have to “taste”? =) I would have had to taste test them for sure!
    That tuna looks great, on top of the salad even better. I must try it!

geeze your cupcakes are always so impressive! where do you get those travel/carrying boxes? that is always my biggest difficulty in wanting to make cupcakes because they dont pack or travel well!
    Kaitlyn recently posted..big changes

Not enough! I don’t remember the last time I was at one- atleast a few years ago. Ps. Your cupcakes looks AMAZING! Seriously, you should start up a mini-business or cupcake bakery :)
    Bek @ Crave recently posted..Tight calves