Random Thoughts on a Wednesday Afternoon

Hey, friends!

Thanks so much for the positive feedback on the living room – so glad you guys are diggin’ it! But more importantly, thanks to everyone who’s been linking up some of their favorite recipes in the comments section of this morning’s post. I’ve already gone through and bookmarked quite a few…keep ‘em comin’!

So I already had to be out and about this morning before my massage appointment, so I hit up good ‘ol Starbucks for some breakfast.

A banana from home + an egg white, spinach, and feta wrap, plus a grande coffee with 2 pumps pumpkin and milk. Yumm-diddly-dum.

As for my massage? Amazing. I swear it was the quickest hour I’ve experienced all week, of course. For those of you who are local and may be looking for a new massage place, I cannot say enough good things about Essential Indulgences in Troy. Lesley is absolutely incredible and each time I’ve left there, I end up feeling like a million bucks. Seriously…go check her out!

Once I got back from that, I decided to pass on a workout for today (3 active days followed by a rest day seems to be my thing lately) and quickly showered (since the greasy post-massage look is just oh-so-appealing). All of a sudden, I realized I was starving for lunch. It was only 11:30, but considering I ate breakfast around 7:30am, it made sense.

I don’t know if it was the earlier than usual time or what, but I was in the mood for eggs…again.

Hey, when the craving strikes, right? Winking smile

Today’s bowl consisted of two scrambled eggs, broccoli, onions, tomatoes, red bell peppers, feta cheese, and salsa.

Obviously I’m all about the variety today.

Random Thoughts on a Wednesday Afternoon…

• I have searched my house high and low for these fall decorations I made last year and am completely stumped as to where they could be. It’s driving me nuts.
  • I am completely psyched about all the talk for the new iPhone5. Hubby and I have been holding out on upgrading to the iPhone for over a year now…it’s time and I am readyyyyyy. Anyone else jumping on board with me?
  • Ever since reading Ashley’s post this morning, I’ve been craving waffles for dinner tonight. Homemade waffles…not the frozen ones you guys see basically every other day up in here. We’ll see if I can get Jay in on this one.
  • I know I said I wasn’t game for the Candy Corn Oreos, but after seeing Liz’s creation, I’m now second guessing that decision.
  • As someone who grew up watching General Hospital after school, I can’t quite get past the fact that it’s now on a whole hour earlier. Even though I rarely ever sit down and actually watch, it’s almost always on in the background. Just hearing it makes me think it’s later than it actually is.
  • I tried the Clementine bai5 today…it’s amazing. And I’ll be choosing the lucky winners later this evening, so get your entries in if you haven’t already!

What are some of your random thoughts this afternoon? Winking smile

Comments

my brother is oogling the iphone 5 and reading the live blog on it right now! i think it’s safe to say he is definitely on the bandwagon 😉 but since i have the iphone 4s i’m going to wait a year or two more to get a new one. if it ain’t broke don’t fix it, right? plus my poor college student budget would be crying if i spent that much money on a phone. haha. :)

also i’m a huge fan of starbucks egg white breakfast wraps! i have yet to try their pumpkin spice syrup in coffee since i’ve been making my own coffee at home so much lately – but i think it’s definitely going to happen soon!
    Julianna @ Julianna Bananna recently posted..Lately {Eating, Sweating, Doing}

My husband and I too are waiting for the new iPhone 5! woohoo. I think homemade waffles are good anytime of the day. I freeze my leftover waffles and sometimes eat them as a small snack during the day. Mine have protein powder and added fiber in them. Yum. Have a great day! ^_^
    Becka @ simplybecka recently posted..acting on my fear…

3. Sue says

What did Cody do with your decorations? LOL. Did you check with your Christmas decorations? Good luck finding them. Once you stop looking, you’ll find them. Either that or ask Jay to look for them. Sometimes I can look all over the place for something and I mention it to my husband and he finds what I was looking for immediately. I used to watch All My Children all the time and was very sad when it went off the air!!!! I watched General Hospital and One Life to Live too!!! Homemade waffles are the best. If we have leftovers, I have been known to make ice cream sandwiches out of them. Yummy!!!!

I didn’t know you could get a custom made coffee drink at Starbucks! What is wrong with me? I guess this isn’t really a random thought, but I feel like a huge dork today because I’m wearing tennis shoes with skinny jeans. My feet have been hurting so badly so I’ve been wearing sneakers for extra support and I couldn’t wear the same pair of jeans three days in a row so I wore skinnies today and I look ridiculous! I’ve been hiding my feet under my desk as much as possible haha!
    Carol @ Lucky Zucca recently posted..Savory Crustless Quiche

Waffles for dinner sound like a good plan. I’m craving breakfast for dinner, so pretty sure that’s how it will end up.
    I feel like eggs make a better lunch then breakfast. I’m always eating them at lunch time.
    And I also ate lunch around 11:30 today. It made me feel 6 again:)
    Lisa recently posted..Kabocha Crazed and Rest

I am so toying with the idea of the candy corn Oreo’s too. Just at Target? I’m trying to be oh so good on my diet when I’m not at special events this month, but those just tempt me. Someone should do research to see if candy corns would be just as addictive if they were different colors. I swear it’s the colors.
    Carissa recently posted..DisneyLand Eats

Yes please on a massage! I am trying to hold out on my September one until further in the month. Random inklings around here on Wednesday afternoon;
    -How soon can I get to a store to try those dang oreo’s?
    -Is it 5pm yet?
    -Should I drink wine or not tonight?
    -Now I want eggs too :)
    Katie recently posted..Woo Hoo Wednesday

8. Angel says

Random Thoughts:
    Dressing up for Halloween?
    I should start my X-Mas shopping!

P.S. I LOVE Starbucks egg white, feta & spinach wrap – now I want one!! :))

9. Linda says

Just a thought…did you use the frames from last year’s craft for something else in your house and the prints are still in it?

I’m an avid GH watcher – have been for eleven years – and this time change is really throwing me off! It’ll never happen, but I’m secretly hoping ABC will move Katie’s show to 2:00 and GH back to 3:00. In any case – it’s been CRAZY GOOD lately! I thought yesterday’s episode in particular was incredibly well done.
    Shari recently posted..29.

11. kristina says

i love your blog! heres a great recipe i made today!

Mexican Quinoa
    1 can chicken broth
    1 can diced tomatoes with chilis
    1 can corn
    1 can black beansed rinsed
    1 cup quinoa

simmer altogether in a pot
    than chop up some cilantro and mix in and top with blue corn tortilla chips and avocado

The new Iphone looks awesome!! I have the 4 and am worried to lose unlimited data (I think Verizon makes you change plans now if you upgrade and still have unlimited data) but I am certainly debating getting the phone!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Starbucks breakfast wrap, I could eat one everyday!!

I looked for those Candy Corn Oreos last night at my grocery store but they didn’t have them…I bet Target does and I NEED to try them although I am personally worried I would eat the whole bag!!
    Lauri recently posted..T-7 days!

13. Tanya says

Can’t wait for the iphone 5 either. My husband, daughter and I have been holding out on our upgrades for this one also…..so excited!

14. Angel says

I just purchased the Fontana pumpkin syrup on Starbuck’s website! Not sure if you can buy it in their store (havent seen it?) but there’s a 10% off coupon for first time purchases on line. Promo code: STNPWEKD in case you’re interested. Can’t wait to get mine next week!! :))