Changing Workspaces

Typically when I’m working at home on the computer, whether it’s blog stuff, freelance work, or online training plans, I try to work in my office at my desk.

I do this just to prevent myself from getting distracted and trying to maintain some sense of a work atmosphere. Well last night, I had brought my computer out into the living room and ended up keeping it there. So today, rather than working in the office, I’ve been doing everything from the couch…and, surprisingly enough, have been quite productive! Where do you guys end up being most productive when working at home?

I think Cody is also a fan of my new workspace for today. He has been in and out of my lap all day long…if he’s not in my lap, he’s in the window trying to maneuver around all of my fall decorations.

I’m pretty sure he gets angry with me from now until the end of the year, since that window will be filled with all sorts of fun, festive decorations. Winking smile

I don’t really have anything too exciting to share for food this afternoon. My appetite has been a little weird today, so I’ve been doing a lot of snacking. Late this morning, I snacked on a Clif Z Bar while grocery shopping (iced oatmeal cookie, YUM!); then I ended up coming home and having another pumpkin rice crispy treat.

About an hour ago, I put together a couple little snacks.

Some grape tomatoes and cauliflower with hummus, and a small bowl of Chobani pineapple yogurt with granola. Simple and delicious. I’ve also got some tilapia planned for tonight’s dinner and am thinking about trying out a new recipe…hopefully it’s a good one!

Some Odds and Ends:

• I’m featured on the Fitness Magazine FitStop for Music Monday today! Head on over to check out my latest cardio playlist that I’m loving.
  • Need tips on how to stick to your eating & exercise schedule when work takes over? SOYJOY is holding a Twitter party this Friday, 9/28 at 2pm ET – just follow the hashtag #TweetJOY.
  • Want to check out one of my latest vegetarian Thanksgiving recipes? Head on over to Celebrations.com to see my recipe for Pumpkin Risotto.
  • I’m having a special deal with Courtney’s Total Body Wellness! The first three people to sign up for a new training plan between now and Wednesday will get $10.00 off their package price! Hurry up…now is as good a time as any to start up a new workout plan, right? Winking smile

Comments

I can actually be pretty productive from the couch as well…as long as the TV is off;)
    Otherwise I have to be parked away somewhere quiet with NO distractions, including windows, because the tiniest things will set me mind to go anywhere else but working. I’ve been snacky all day as well, its weird.

I find that having one consistent work space works most of the time, but every once in a while I like to mix it up. That keeps me from going crazy and makes me work a little harder because I feel like I’m “getting away with something”. You just gotta know how to trick yourself into being productive!
    Chelsea @ Cardio and Cocktails recently posted..Pumpkin Protein Smoothie

I’m definitely most productive in my room, and lately that’s sitting on my bed vs at my desk. I’m hardly ever productive sitting on the couch in the living room. I think that’s just because I usually get distracted by the TV or my family or really…anything. “SQUIRREL!” 😉

When I need a change of scenery though, I generally head to a coffee shop which helps for a little while. (And then I get some coffee). :)
    Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Music Monday // Coexist

I actually find it beneficial to change up my work space every now and then when I’m at home. It’s like the change in scenery keeps my brain stimulated or something and it makes me feel a tad bit more productive. That being said, it could totally backfire… especially if I’m close to the kitchen because then I’m always getting up to grab a handful of this and that 😉
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... life’s too short… .

5. Lisa says

Not to be too intrusive, but given your past issues, you might want to be careful not to dive back into high carb/low fat thing

6. Ali says

I am usually quite productive on the couch surprisingly. I keep my place very neat and tidy but for some reason my computer desk always gets so cluttered with mail or other paperwork that I prefer to work in the living room. That being said, I have been working from my kitchen tonight – standing at the island with my laptop. I read somewhere that it’s really bad to be sitting all day and since my day job involves so much sitting, I’ve taken to standing when I’m at home. We’ll see how long it lasts!

P.S. – love the Cody cuteness. Seems like he is just squeaking by without knocking things over.

Our office is a HUGE mess (which makes it a stressful environment to try to be productive in!), so I tend to set up office in our living room. If it’s just me & the dogs at home then I like the background noise — once I get into whatever I’m working on, I’m usually able to tone everything else out.
    Andrea @ Vegvacious recently posted..Menu Prepping for the Week

I enjoy doing study in my room lately, but I normally do it at the kitchen table for my back and so I can have everything there- sometimes it’s a bit too close to the kitchen though which can be tough 😉 haha.
    Bek @ Crave recently posted..CXWORX 8