The Yellow Umbrella

by Courtney on September 25, 2012

Nothin’ like a great workout and a delicious breakfast to start the day off, right? Right! I’ll get to that in a second though…first, let’s backtrack to last night’s dinner.

I noticed that tilapia was on sale this week at Price Chopper so I picked up a couple filets for Jay and I to have for dinner, not quite knowing what I wanted to do with it. At first I was thinking tilapia tacos, but that went out the window when I forgot to buy tacos. Ergg.

Instead, I wound up cutting the filets into small chunks and and made them into some healthy oven fried tilapia.

Unfortunately, the seasoning was a bit bland, so I’ll still need to work on that again before sharing anything. I don’t want to be the reason for anyone eating bland fish out there. Winking smile

After dinner, Jay and I anxiously waited for the season premier of How I Met Your Mother. Did anyone else watch? If so, is is absolutely KILLING YOU to find out who the woman with the yellow umbrella (aka, the “mother”) is??!?!

source

It’s driving both of us crazy. But from what I’ve heard, it sounds like this is the last season (tear) so it shouldn’t be too much longer until we find out. Any guesses from my fellow HIMYM fans?

*****

Workout

This morning I laced up the sneaks and hit up the treadmill for a good 40-minute walk. I didn’t end up following any of my walking routines, but I did manage to through in some hills and speed walks. It was random and awesome. After that, I gave the yoga mat a little workout with a 20-minute yoga sessions, courtesy of my 10lb. Slimdown DVD.

Over the past couple of weeks, I’ve really ended up throwing yoga on the backburner, and it’s quickly obvious as soon as I try getting into down dog…holy cow, are my muscles tight. I miss yoga though, and I’m thinking about bringing back the yoga challenge for October. Sometimes, I just need that little push to keep me into it…hopefully some of you will join me again?! Smile

Breakfast

Post-workout, I headed to the kitchen for some breakfast.

Today’s morning meal consisted of a veggie scramble, made with 2 eggs, a wedge of The Laughing Cow light swiss cheese, a small tomato, diced onion, and a crap-ton of spinach.

Along with my scramble I had half of a whole wheat English muffin topped with a glorious amount of melted peanut butter.

I’m planning on having the other half for a mid-morning snack…mmmhmmm.

Time to go make today great! Catch ya later…most likely with a new workout for you all to try out. Winking smile

1 Faith @ The Cheap Girl's Guide to Chic September 25, 2012 at 9:17 am

I cannot even WAIT for last night’s episode. I messed up and thought it aired an hour later than it did, so I missed it – it should be awesome to finally sit down and see it tonight!
Faith @ The Cheap Girl’s Guide to Chic recently posted..F My Budget Fridays: Cosmetics that are Worth the Splurge

2 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } September 25, 2012 at 9:18 am

Can’t wait to see the new workout!
Erica { EricaDHouse.com } recently posted..Jillian Michaels Killer Ab DVD Review

3 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 25, 2012 at 9:23 am

I LOVE HIMYM!! And I knew as soon as I saw the title of this post what you were talking about! ;) But my friend just got me into the show over the summer so I watched seasons 1-6 and haven’t seen season 7 but I’m watching season 8 anyway and hope to get my hands on season 7 soon anyway.

And yes I’d join you for an October yoga challenge. I’m trying to add it back into my workout regime more again because I feel a HUGE difference both in my practice and my body, but also my MIND.
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Tuesday Ten

4 Stef September 25, 2012 at 9:26 am

An October yoga challenge sounds absolutely wonderful! It has been AGES since I’ve done yoga and I can definitely feel that my muscles are really tight when I stretch.
Stef recently posted..Fall Bucket List

5 kim@hungryhealthygirl September 25, 2012 at 9:27 am

The tilapia may have been bland, but it sure looks good. That made me think about a recipe I could possible create with an almond meal breading…hmmmm. Have a great workout!!
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Butternut Squash Chicken Chili {in the crockpot}

6 Annie September 25, 2012 at 9:29 am

going to sit down in approximately 2 hours to watch it after work :D

7 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom September 25, 2012 at 9:29 am

Did you fresh fresh tilapia rather than frozen to make your dinner? I am okay with tilapia but prefer it fresh, otherwise it can be a bit fishy. The batter on it looks really delicious, even if it did come out a bit bland.
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Ready for Some Girl Talk

8 Courtney September 25, 2012 at 9:38 am

Definitely fresh tilapia – I’ve tried the frozen and just don’t like it

9 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie September 25, 2012 at 9:30 am

The second I saw your title, I got so excited! Good news, I think they are having one more season after this! But anyway, back to the mother — I stood up in anticipation when I thought they were going to show her face. So excited!!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..New TV, Football, and Chili

10 Khushboo September 25, 2012 at 9:36 am

I stopped watching HIMYM but I think I need to play catch-up…about time the mother is revealed.
Khushboo recently posted..The “Y” in HealthY Eating

11 Kerry @ Totes My Oats September 25, 2012 at 9:40 am

I love going into a workout unexpectedly and it winding up to be an awesome one! Such a great way to start the day.
Kerry @ Totes My Oats recently posted..Apple Crumble

12 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope September 25, 2012 at 9:47 am

I love tilapia. I’ve never made fresh tilapia at home. It seems intimating to me because I never know how to season it. Breading it and baking it sounds like a good idea. :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Happy Half-Birthday!…

13 Liz @ Tip Top Shape September 25, 2012 at 9:49 am

Love HIMYM!! I’m a huge Barney/Robin fan so I loved that episode (even though you still don’t totally know if they actually get married). I was freaking out at the end with the slow pan of the mother. Definitely a great start to the season!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Buffalo Chicken Dip

14 Jamie September 25, 2012 at 9:56 am

Ahhhh I love HIMYM!!! I have no idea who the mother is, but my boyfriend has a pretty good guess. In a previous episode, Ted and Barney went to a bar to pick up chicks and Ted briefly runs into a girl, quickly says “sorry” for running into her, and moves on. At the end of the episode, you see the yellow umbrella. My boyfriend thinks that girl is the one, because why else would they throw that in there? I didn’t even catch him running into her, which shows how observant I am, haha!

15 Lindsey September 25, 2012 at 9:59 am

I know, another cliff hanger!!
Yes to another yoga challenge! My goal right now is twice a week but the last two weeks its only been once a week.
Lindsey recently posted..Finally Hitting Publish

16 Maggie September 25, 2012 at 10:02 am

I just wanted to let you know I made your easy cheese Italian bread yesterday and it is amazing! I having been wanting to try making my own bread forever and I am so happy I came across the recipie. I can’t thank you enough for sharing it!

17 Maria September 25, 2012 at 10:03 am

Yoga and walking are the only workouts I can do for the next few weeks (knee injury), so I’d be up for a yoga challenge! I’ve heard the 10lb Slimdown Yoga DVD mentioned a few times, so I might look into that.
Maria recently posted..Meals Survey

18 Natalie @ Free Range Human September 25, 2012 at 10:04 am

When we got to the end of the episode, my husband said “It’s the darn yellow umbrella again!” I have no clue….do you think it’s someone we’ve already “met”? I keep going back and forth!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Return To Our Regularly Scheduled Programming..

19 Yellow Haired Girl September 25, 2012 at 10:07 am

Oh man, oh man do I love HIMYM. But I have ZERO guesses. I screamed at the TV last night when the camera was panning up her body at the end, and delusional me thought we were actually going to get to see the face. And then it was that DANG umbrella again!
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Reminded

20 Alysia @ Slim Sanity September 25, 2012 at 10:08 am

we have HIMYM on the DVR for tonight… can’t wait!! :)
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..homemade turkey meatballs

21 Connie September 25, 2012 at 10:19 am

Mmm..now I want some tilapia for dinner this week! For some reason when I started reading this post, I got the title and first sentence all mixed together and read, “Nothin’ like a great UMBRELLA and a delicious breakfast to start the day off, right?” Hahaha, I was like wait..what?? Sillllly.
Connie recently posted..Turkey Stuffed Peppers and Tricep Exercises

22 bethany September 25, 2012 at 10:23 am

I’ve watched seasons 1-6 of HIMYM on Netflix, and I haven’t seen any after that since I don’t have cable. Once it’s on Netflix, I’m all over it.

And I would be totally game for the yoga challenge!

23 Angela @ Health's Angel September 25, 2012 at 10:25 am

My old roommates got me into HIMYM during my senior year of college and thereruns were basically the only thing I watched on TV that year. I haven’t been keeping up with the latest seasons. I’m seriously the worst TV watcher ever. But…I can’t believe they still haven’t revealed that yet!
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Vitamin A, The Delicious Way (Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies)

24 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 25, 2012 at 10:26 am

I always feel so out of the loop when people start talking TV shows, because I hardly watch any… I actually thought the title of your post meant that it’s been raining in your neck of the woods ;)
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... chocolate chip pumpkin bread .

25 Rachel September 25, 2012 at 10:29 am

Ahh I missed it last night!!! Must watch it! haha
Rachel recently posted..New Jersey

26 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire September 25, 2012 at 10:49 am

I just started eating fish a week ago-crazy right?! I’m thinking tilapia will be my next adventure! Any recommendations for preparing it?
Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..Fear the Gator

27 Melanie September 25, 2012 at 11:07 am

Let’s get back on that yoga train stat!
Melanie recently posted..Petite Squash Puffs with Bacon Saute

28 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 25, 2012 at 11:15 am

Definitely going to need to catch up on that show. I have a minor NPH obsession – I’d want him to marry him if it wasn’t for the whole David Burtka thing :-p
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Typical Blogger.

29 Chelsea Lords @ahintofhealthy September 25, 2012 at 11:19 am

I’m excited for the new work-out! And I would love to do the yoga-challenge again in October!
Chelsea Lords @ahintofhealthy recently posted..Number 1 Weight Loss and Maintenance Tip

30 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige September 25, 2012 at 11:24 am

I’m still not convinced we’re going to ever find out who the mother is. Grrrrr.
Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..Two New Goals + Fitmixer Giveaway {Two-fer Tuesday}

31 krystal@coffeecardiogoddess September 25, 2012 at 11:38 am

I was thinking its going to be Carly, Barneys half sister because they made it seem like Ted meets her at a wedding, but if he meets her at that train station then I have no clue. My best guess is still her though. Shes the right age since Carly is in college and the mother was in Teds first class that he accidentally taught.
krystal@coffeecardiogoddess recently posted..MIMM: Bachelorette Party Fun

32 Janice September 26, 2012 at 1:04 pm

My friend and I have the same theory!!!

33 Danica @ It's Progression September 25, 2012 at 11:42 am

I’m pretty sure everyone that watched HIMYM last night wanted to throw their remote right at the tv screen!! It’s driving me crazy too!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..9.24: J’s PDR!

34 Brandi September 25, 2012 at 11:44 am

Awww, I didn’t know it was going to be the last season. Or, that it could be. I love that show! When I saw the yellow umbrella I got all excited! It is time to introduce us to her I think. :)
Brandi recently posted..What makes a long run.

35 Tierney September 25, 2012 at 11:58 am

Your fish looked great- sorry to hear it was bland! I actually made tilapia a few days ago and was going to post this recipe for you but i figured you had a plan already. It is absolutely delicious! I made too much topping for it but thats because I just love the toppings, even by itself. You should totally try it if you like baked tilapia.

(Dont mind that the link says halibut… that was a mistake)
Tierney recently posted..Intimate Gatherings.

36 Meghan @ After the Ivy League September 25, 2012 at 12:08 pm

SO excited for the HIMYM premiere. And yes I realize it was last night, but I haven’t watched it yet! No time, but I’ll be getting to it ASAP, definitely one of my favorite shows!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes

37 Lauren September 25, 2012 at 12:26 pm

We were on the same dinner page last night because we had tilapia too!
And I totally second your demand on HIMYM!! Ah, it’s like Lost all over again! WHO is she?? :)
Lauren recently posted..Fish: It’s Whats For Dinner

38 michelle kim September 25, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Whenever I take a break from yoga (like a week or two), I also notice. That first yoga session back is such a wake-up call because the whole backside gets an amazing stretch!
michelle kim recently posted..One Way to Spend Four Hours of Your Day

39 Michelle@Peachy Palate September 25, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Really is no better way to start the day! A workout and a good breakfast and anything that follows I can cope with! :)
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..The Fat Debate

40 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes September 25, 2012 at 2:50 pm

I *love* tilapia–can’t wait to see your recipe!
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..Healthy Pad Thai

41 Lisa September 25, 2012 at 3:06 pm

I knew when I read your title what you’d be talking about…I hope its someone we’ve seen in previous seasons because it will be weird if they end it off with some random girl, and I want to know now but at the same time don’t. Ha ha, clearly I’m indecisive;)
I think I need to get on the yoga train, I can never get into it!
Lisa recently posted..Comment on A Perfect Diet? by Eva @ Committed2Nutrition

42 Lisa September 25, 2012 at 6:38 pm

OMG, loved HIMYM last night. My possible “mother” contender is Barney’s half sister Carly who was away at college when he met the rest of the family. I’m also wondering if the guitar is a clue too. I’m so hoping this is not their final season. I’ve heard a possibility of two more seasons. We’ll have to see. What are your “mother” guesses?

43 Kelsey September 26, 2012 at 12:22 am

I just want to know who the mom is!! I really liked Victoria though. OH and Robin’s new hair color was perfect and I totally want it! Isn’t it funny the random things you notice?
Kelsey recently posted..Comment on Paperback Love by Bethaney

44 Bek @ Crave September 26, 2012 at 1:12 am

I love yoga and body balance makes you so flexible! I’ve definitely being doing more stretching lately. I don’t really watch HIMYM- but I still want to know who the mother is haha!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..CXWORX 8

45 Lauren September 26, 2012 at 10:49 am

I was kinda thinking that this would be the last season of himym. Yes that yellow umbrella was killing me. So are the scenes with robin and Barney. Will they or won’t they!?!?!?!