The Yellow Umbrella

Nothin’ like a great workout and a delicious breakfast to start the day off, right? Right! I’ll get to that in a second though…first, let’s backtrack to last night’s dinner.

I noticed that tilapia was on sale this week at Price Chopper so I picked up a couple filets for Jay and I to have for dinner, not quite knowing what I wanted to do with it. At first I was thinking tilapia tacos, but that went out the window when I forgot to buy tacos. Ergg.

Instead, I wound up cutting the filets into small chunks and and made them into some healthy oven fried tilapia.

Unfortunately, the seasoning was a bit bland, so I’ll still need to work on that again before sharing anything. I don’t want to be the reason for anyone eating bland fish out there. Winking smile

After dinner, Jay and I anxiously waited for the season premier of How I Met Your Mother. Did anyone else watch? If so, is is absolutely KILLING YOU to find out who the woman with the yellow umbrella (aka, the “mother”) is??!?!

It’s driving both of us crazy. But from what I’ve heard, it sounds like this is the last season (tear) so it shouldn’t be too much longer until we find out. Any guesses from my fellow HIMYM fans?

This morning I laced up the sneaks and hit up the treadmill for a good 40-minute walk. I didn’t end up following any of my walking routines, but I did manage to through in some hills and speed walks. It was random and awesome. After that, I gave the yoga mat a little workout with a 20-minute yoga sessions, courtesy of my 10lb. Slimdown DVD.

Over the past couple of weeks, I’ve really ended up throwing yoga on the backburner, and it’s quickly obvious as soon as I try getting into down dog…holy cow, are my muscles tight. I miss yoga though, and I’m thinking about bringing back the yoga challenge for October. Sometimes, I just need that little push to keep me into it…hopefully some of you will join me again?! Smile

Post-workout, I headed to the kitchen for some breakfast.

Today’s morning meal consisted of a veggie scramble, made with 2 eggs, a wedge of The Laughing Cow light swiss cheese, a small tomato, diced onion, and a crap-ton of spinach.

Along with my scramble I had half of a whole wheat English muffin topped with a glorious amount of melted peanut butter.

I’m planning on having the other half for a mid-morning snack…mmmhmmm.

Time to go make today great! Catch ya later…most likely with a new workout for you all to try out. Winking smile

I LOVE HIMYM!! And I knew as soon as I saw the title of this post what you were talking about! 😉 But my friend just got me into the show over the summer so I watched seasons 1-6 and haven’t seen season 7 but I’m watching season 8 anyway and hope to get my hands on season 7 soon anyway.

And yes I’d join you for an October yoga challenge. I’m trying to add it back into my workout regime more again because I feel a HUGE difference both in my practice and my body, but also my MIND.
    Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Tuesday Ten

Love HIMYM!! I’m a huge Barney/Robin fan so I loved that episode (even though you still don’t totally know if they actually get married). I was freaking out at the end with the slow pan of the mother. Definitely a great start to the season!
    Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Buffalo Chicken Dip

3. Jamie says

Ahhhh I love HIMYM!!! I have no idea who the mother is, but my boyfriend has a pretty good guess. In a previous episode, Ted and Barney went to a bar to pick up chicks and Ted briefly runs into a girl, quickly says “sorry” for running into her, and moves on. At the end of the episode, you see the yellow umbrella. My boyfriend thinks that girl is the one, because why else would they throw that in there? I didn’t even catch him running into her, which shows how observant I am, haha!

4. Maggie says

I just wanted to let you know I made your easy cheese Italian bread yesterday and it is amazing! I having been wanting to try making my own bread forever and I am so happy I came across the recipie. I can’t thank you enough for sharing it!

Yoga and walking are the only workouts I can do for the next few weeks (knee injury), so I’d be up for a yoga challenge! I’ve heard the 10lb Slimdown Yoga DVD mentioned a few times, so I might look into that.
    Maria recently posted..Meals Survey

Oh man, oh man do I love HIMYM. But I have ZERO guesses. I screamed at the TV last night when the camera was panning up her body at the end, and delusional me thought we were actually going to get to see the face. And then it was that DANG umbrella again!
    Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Reminded

7. bethany says

I’ve watched seasons 1-6 of HIMYM on Netflix, and I haven’t seen any after that since I don’t have cable. Once it’s on Netflix, I’m all over it.

And I would be totally game for the yoga challenge!

I was thinking its going to be Carly, Barneys half sister because they made it seem like Ted meets her at a wedding, but if he meets her at that train station then I have no clue. My best guess is still her though. Shes the right age since Carly is in college and the mother was in Teds first class that he accidentally taught.
    krystal@coffeecardiogoddess recently posted..MIMM: Bachelorette Party Fun

Your fish looked great- sorry to hear it was bland! I actually made tilapia a few days ago and was going to post this recipe for you but i figured you had a plan already. It is absolutely delicious! I made too much topping for it but thats because I just love the toppings, even by itself. You should totally try it if you like baked tilapia.

(Dont mind that the link says halibut… that was a mistake)
    Tierney recently posted..Intimate Gatherings.

10. Lisa says

OMG, loved HIMYM last night. My possible “mother” contender is Barney’s half sister Carly who was away at college when he met the rest of the family. I’m also wondering if the guitar is a clue too. I’m so hoping this is not their final season. I’ve heard a possibility of two more seasons. We’ll have to see. What are your “mother” guesses?

I love yoga and body balance makes you so flexible! I’ve definitely being doing more stretching lately. I don’t really watch HIMYM- but I still want to know who the mother is haha!
    Bek @ Crave recently posted..CXWORX 8

12. Lauren says

I was kinda thinking that this would be the last season of himym. Yes that yellow umbrella was killing me. So are the scenes with robin and Barney. Will they or won’t they!?!?!?!