Quite A Scene

by Courtney on October 11, 2012

You guys should seriously see Jay and I this week. It’s quite a scene, and between last night and this morning, the two of us have been getting a kick out of laughing at each other.

On Monday, Jay started the Insanity workout (God bless him). For the past two days, I wound up running between 3-4 miles each day out of frustration – something I haven’t done in months.

Now, we’re both hobbling around looking like we should be about 90 years old. The muscles that are actually the most sore for both of us are the calves…so I’ll betcha can guess what I’ll be doing tonight while watching some DVR’d Nashville.

I’ll take some sore muscles for a few lighthearted moments!

*****

As far as food goes, I don’t really have too much to share with ya from today. My appetite has been sort of “ehh” so I kept things light for lunch.

Today, that included a plain Chobani with about a tablespoon of pumpkin butter and some pumpkin pie spice mixed in. I topped it off with half of a banana, some raisins, and a big handful of granola.

I even got to enjoy it in my favorite Halloween bowl amongst my favorite Halloween ghosties and goblins.

Yesterday’s lunch, which I never got a chance to share, was also a pretty awesome one.

I had a small bowl (one of three) of leftover chili topped with more shredded cheese, and finished up the rest of my French baguette.

This lunch was good…HOWEVER. A couple notes to self:

• Don’t eat chili for lunch then go and run less than a half hour later.
  • Eating chili twice in less than a 24-hour time period is not ideal.

Talk about, uhhh, uncomfortable. Yikes.

*****

On a different note, thank you all so much for your support and uplifting comments today. They really are helping make my day a little brighter. Smile

1 Cat @ Breakfast to Bed October 11, 2012 at 4:26 pm

I don’t think it best to consume so much fiber when you can’t properly and easily sit.

xoxo
Cat @ Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Topless, Knocked Up, and in the Snow.

2 Brandi October 11, 2012 at 4:31 pm

The chili comment made me chuckle! :) I tried Insanity, but oh my lord I couldn’t make it past the first week. It’s not for everyone, but that’s ok too. Tell Jay good luck!!

3 Amy October 11, 2012 at 4:37 pm

You’re gonna love Nashville!!!!!!

4 Kristy Doyle October 11, 2012 at 4:38 pm

I did the Insanity program the whole way through, and my calves were never NOT sore. It was truly Insane. To this day, if I do one of those workouts, my calves are sore for DAYS afterwards.
Kristy Doyle recently posted..Sciatica

5 Marielle October 11, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Ha- I have the insanity DVDs and thy are no joke. I remember hobbling around and laying on the floor to ease my pain. Lol!
Marielle recently posted..Hotel Room Workout

6 Michelle@Peachy Palate October 11, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Chili is so addictive though and perfect for these chilly fall days! (pun totally intended!) I had a 10k Hell and Back Run on Sunday and thanks to swamps, 10ft high walls, rivers, a mountain to climb, quite literally and many bails of hay piled high to climb over I was in agony on Tuesday…EPSOM salts!!! Miracle cure I tell ya! I’ve had a bath 3 nights in a row and I feel normal again! :)
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Two of my favourite sweets

7 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom October 11, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Jay is a brave man!! Insanity is just too much for me. It isn’t that I didn’t like it but man, it is hard on my knees.

Eeeek, chili twice in one day…..dangerous!!!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Bacon & Potato Soup

8 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 11, 2012 at 5:21 pm

Well, I’m sore too and it’s all thanks to you. I’ve been doing Yoga Meltdown for the yoga challenge, and Jillian is kicking my butt!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Breast Cancer Awareness: Save 2nd Base!

9 Heather October 11, 2012 at 5:23 pm

Hope you are feeling a little better today. And I didn’t even know what tha Nashville show was about, my husband heard about it…. It was really really good!! I think you’ll like it.

10 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 11, 2012 at 5:37 pm

I’m sure the two of you are a sight to see! ;) If it makes you feel any better, I’ve been hobbling around today too. Apparently after cutting my toe open while running (note to self, cut your toe nails) and wearing a band-aid to help keep the cut from re-opening, wears on your toe, so now I can hardly walk?!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..You Rock!

11 michelle kim October 11, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Oooh INSANITY! I looooove Shaun-T! I used to do it more (when I’m at home… at school, with roommates and neighbors, I think jumping around would just be rude). Sounds like Jay was really feeling it, huh?
And chili right before a run definitely sounds uncomfortable!
michelle kim recently posted..Reviewing My Goals

12 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie October 11, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Good for both of your getting in some quality workouts! Insanity is literally insane, I can’t wait to start again in a few weeks!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..The Comedic Stylings of Louie CK

13 Chelsea @ GlitterAndSweat October 11, 2012 at 5:51 pm

your chili makes me drool lol just kidding, but it does make me want some real bad!!

your yogurt mixes always look so good!!
Chelsea @ GlitterAndSweat recently posted..Crap Buckets

14 Shannon October 11, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Nashville was really good- one of my new favorite shows. I loved Hayden Panettiere from Heroes; she’s a great actress. Unfortunately, her character, Juliette Barnes, is such a bitch but you have to feel for her from her struggle trying to break free from her drug addict mother. I think that’s why she does what she does. After watching last night’s episode, I officially LOVE Connie Britton! :D

15 Kristen @ notsodomesticated October 11, 2012 at 6:10 pm

Hugs to you, Courtney! I don’t know what’s going on, but you’re in my prayers! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Double Tomato Bruschetta

16 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 11, 2012 at 6:42 pm

:lol: Oh I couldn’t help but laugh at your chili observations – I’ve definitely been there before. You could always try some Beano for the discomfort, but I’m not sure it would help make running any easier. Better to have breakfast for lunch if you’re planning on a run… or even if you’re not, because breakfast is just too fabulous.
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... WIAW … cold weather carb cravings .

17 Angela @ Health's Angel October 11, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Hang in there, Courtney! I hope things look up soon. :)
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Back on the Train

18 Joanna October 11, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Delicious looking breakfast, I’m going to try to re-create it tomorrow! :)
Joanna recently posted..Week 2: WIAW – Healthy Eating On-The-Go

19 Brittany @ Delights and Delectables October 11, 2012 at 8:34 pm

I hope things get better for you soon girl! Sending love and prayers your way!!

I did Insanity before my “workout sabbatical” and I loved it. The first 2 weeks were killer though!
Brittany @ Delights and Delectables recently posted..Creamy Buckwheat Breakfast Bowl

20 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl October 11, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Your chili comments made me laugh! And boy, are they soooo true! ;)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Indian Chan(n)a Masala Recipe + Garam Masala Recipe

21 Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate October 11, 2012 at 11:06 pm

Got to love foam rolling while distracting yourself from the pain with DVR! :-)
Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate recently posted..Snacks and Unicorns

22 Alicia October 11, 2012 at 11:16 pm

So many people are getting Insanity! I hope it works out for Jay. I am glad that your day is getting better, I know mine finally did, but that was because it started raining! Love the rain!

That breakfast looked so good and I loved your Halloween bowl! So cute!!
Alicia recently posted..Rain Rain Go Away…

23 Hillary Edward October 12, 2012 at 1:06 am

Hey! I just found your blog and just read the post for today and I just wanted to say, tell your husband to keep up with Insanity, I finished it a few weeks ago and it was amazing and totally worth the pain in the end!!! =)

Thanks for the fun read

24 Raphael Eliezer October 12, 2012 at 7:29 am

Beautiful article of yours about quite a scene. I like your post very much because your post say reality. So, Thanks for your excellent sharing.
Raphael Eliezer recently posted..Kim Kardashian

25 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope October 12, 2012 at 7:35 am

I haven’t had a chance to watch Nashville yet! It’s waiting for me on my dvr. I’m hoping to catch it sometime this weekend. :)

That chili sure does look delicious!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Wedding Recap: Our Wedding Ceremony!…

26 Becka @ simplybecka October 12, 2012 at 8:21 am

I hope you weekend goes better than your week. Take care. Have a good day. ^_^
Becka @ simplybecka recently posted..asking the right question…

27 Tiffany October 12, 2012 at 9:09 am

I LOVE Insanity. I am currently doing my second round and have had such great results. It is definitely a hard workout but worth it!! I was sore for most of the program. I hope Jay can stick with it until the end!!
Tiffany recently posted..Day 12 – Visiting Family

28 Shane Organ October 12, 2012 at 9:14 am

First of all…

1) Your food pictures look awesome.
2) Chili is the bomb, but I usually try to wait at least an hour after eating.
3) I’m pretty sure I have the same ghoul in my living room.

With that said – good post! I enjoyed it and am now craving some chili on this terribly cold day.
Shane Organ recently posted..Don’t Curl in the Squat Rack

29 Sarah October 12, 2012 at 11:35 am

So funny that you’re both hobbling around. Maybe it’s the cooler weather, but I have ramped up my indoor workouts. I’ve dusted off my collection of exercise dvds and have been doing Dance Central on Kinect.

My husband loves Insanity! He’s done lots of those Beachbody dvds. I think P90X and Insanity (and Insanity, the Asylum!) are his faves. They look too scary for me!

30 Bek @ Crave October 12, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Yum is it possible that the chilli even looks better the day after?
Bek @ Crave recently posted..What motivates you