Quite A Scene

You guys should seriously see Jay and I this week. It’s quite a scene, and between last night and this morning, the two of us have been getting a kick out of laughing at each other.

On Monday, Jay started the Insanity workout (God bless him). For the past two days, I wound up running between 3-4 miles each day out of frustration – something I haven’t done in months.

Now, we’re both hobbling around looking like we should be about 90 years old. The muscles that are actually the most sore for both of us are the calves…so I’ll betcha can guess what I’ll be doing tonight while watching some DVR’d Nashville.

I’ll take some sore muscles for a few lighthearted moments!

*****

As far as food goes, I don’t really have too much to share with ya from today. My appetite has been sort of “ehh” so I kept things light for lunch.

Today, that included a plain Chobani with about a tablespoon of pumpkin butter and some pumpkin pie spice mixed in. I topped it off with half of a banana, some raisins, and a big handful of granola.

I even got to enjoy it in my favorite Halloween bowl amongst my favorite Halloween ghosties and goblins.

Yesterday’s lunch, which I never got a chance to share, was also a pretty awesome one.

I had a small bowl (one of three) of leftover chili topped with more shredded cheese, and finished up the rest of my French baguette.

This lunch was good…HOWEVER. A couple notes to self:

• Don’t eat chili for lunch then go and run less than a half hour later.
  • Eating chili twice in less than a 24-hour time period is not ideal.

Talk about, uhhh, uncomfortable. Yikes.

*****

On a different note, thank you all so much for your support and uplifting comments today. They really are helping make my day a little brighter. Smile

Comments

The chili comment made me chuckle! :) I tried Insanity, but oh my lord I couldn’t make it past the first week. It’s not for everyone, but that’s ok too. Tell Jay good luck!!

I did the Insanity program the whole way through, and my calves were never NOT sore. It was truly Insane. To this day, if I do one of those workouts, my calves are sore for DAYS afterwards.
    Kristy Doyle recently posted..Sciatica

Chili is so addictive though and perfect for these chilly fall days! (pun totally intended!) I had a 10k Hell and Back Run on Sunday and thanks to swamps, 10ft high walls, rivers, a mountain to climb, quite literally and many bails of hay piled high to climb over I was in agony on Tuesday…EPSOM salts!!! Miracle cure I tell ya! I’ve had a bath 3 nights in a row and I feel normal again! :)
    Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Two of my favourite sweets

4. Heather says

Hope you are feeling a little better today. And I didn’t even know what tha Nashville show was about, my husband heard about it…. It was really really good!! I think you’ll like it.

I’m sure the two of you are a sight to see! ;) If it makes you feel any better, I’ve been hobbling around today too. Apparently after cutting my toe open while running (note to self, cut your toe nails) and wearing a band-aid to help keep the cut from re-opening, wears on your toe, so now I can hardly walk?!
    Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..You Rock!

Oooh INSANITY! I looooove Shaun-T! I used to do it more (when I’m at home… at school, with roommates and neighbors, I think jumping around would just be rude). Sounds like Jay was really feeling it, huh?
    And chili right before a run definitely sounds uncomfortable!
    michelle kim recently posted..Reviewing My Goals

7. Shannon says

Nashville was really good- one of my new favorite shows. I loved Hayden Panettiere from Heroes; she’s a great actress. Unfortunately, her character, Juliette Barnes, is such a bitch but you have to feel for her from her struggle trying to break free from her drug addict mother. I think that’s why she does what she does. After watching last night’s episode, I officially LOVE Connie Britton! :D

:lol: Oh I couldn’t help but laugh at your chili observations – I’ve definitely been there before. You could always try some Beano for the discomfort, but I’m not sure it would help make running any easier. Better to have breakfast for lunch if you’re planning on a run… or even if you’re not, because breakfast is just too fabulous.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... WIAW … cold weather carb cravings .

So many people are getting Insanity! I hope it works out for Jay. I am glad that your day is getting better, I know mine finally did, but that was because it started raining! Love the rain!

That breakfast looked so good and I loved your Halloween bowl! So cute!!
    Alicia recently posted..Rain Rain Go Away…

10. Hillary Edward says

Hey! I just found your blog and just read the post for today and I just wanted to say, tell your husband to keep up with Insanity, I finished it a few weeks ago and it was amazing and totally worth the pain in the end!!! =)

Thanks for the fun read

First of all…

1) Your food pictures look awesome.
    2) Chili is the bomb, but I usually try to wait at least an hour after eating.
    3) I’m pretty sure I have the same ghoul in my living room.

With that said – good post! I enjoyed it and am now craving some chili on this terribly cold day.
    Shane Organ recently posted..Don’t Curl in the Squat Rack

12. Sarah says

So funny that you’re both hobbling around. Maybe it’s the cooler weather, but I have ramped up my indoor workouts. I’ve dusted off my collection of exercise dvds and have been doing Dance Central on Kinect.

My husband loves Insanity! He’s done lots of those Beachbody dvds. I think P90X and Insanity (and Insanity, the Asylum!) are his faves. They look too scary for me!