Things Making Me Smile This Week {10/14}

by Courtney on October 14, 2012

Despite the fact that I had somewhat of a shit-tastic week, I did still manage to have a few good laughs and smiles thrown in the mix. Hey, you’ve gotta try to see the positive even when things are at their worst, right?

So here’s a peek at a few things that managed to turn my frown upside-down this week…

My friends. I have some of the best friends a girl could ask for. Seriously.

And just the simple act of mailing an actual card? It’s just so thoughtful (and somewhat rare nowadays, wouldn’t you say?).

This week it REALLY, officially became fall…and it is beautiful outside.

Let’s just forget about all the leaves that need to be removed from my own yard.

Sitting at the bar with Jay earlier this week, sipping on some Octoberfest.

It was perfect.

The fact that I managed to run four different times this past week. FOUR. Granted, they were only between 2-4 miles each time, but I just can’t even begin to tell you how good it felt.

I don’t intend to fully incorporate running back into my routine just yet, but for this week, it was wonderful.

I was going through all of my old photos on Facebook the other night and came across this oldy but goody.

Me and the Little Bro. God, those were some great cheeks, weren’t they?

There were a few Pinterest finds this week that weren’t necessarily of the humorous variety, but they definitely did make me smile.

Of course, there were also quite a few funny ones added to my Makes Me Smile Pinterest board too, which we can’t leave out…

And last, but not least, early this morning, Jay and I left the house to meet up with my parents so we could head down to Jets stadium for the day!

You guys know I do love me so tailgating…now let’s just hope that the Jets can actually do something. Wishful thinking? Probably.

What’s making YOU smile this week? Open-mouthed smile

1 Shari October 14, 2012 at 9:34 am

I LOVE the “Someday everything will make perfect sense…” quote. So true and such an important reminder. I hope things start looking up for you and that this coming week is much better than last!
Shari recently posted..Lessons Learned: Revisions.

2 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 14, 2012 at 9:42 am

I love the one about the groceries. That is so me!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..“I’ll Have What She’s Having”

3 Caitlin @ This Bride's Joyride October 14, 2012 at 10:08 am

I love the saying when God closes a door he opens a window, I think it’s so true! I also love this similar quote, “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”

Hope you have a great day tailgating (but I’m a Boston girl so I have to say GO Pats!) :)
Caitlin @ This Bride’s Joyride recently posted..Weekly committed workouts: 10/14

4 Khushboo October 14, 2012 at 10:15 am

Haha I am guilty of adding “and shit” #SoGangsta! Flowers are making be smile this week…they really brighten up the room.

5 Michelle@Peachy Palate October 14, 2012 at 10:48 am

Your pins (the board kind not the leg kind!), pumpkin pancakes and my adorable little niece! :) Happy Sunday!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Overwhelmed

6 Joy October 14, 2012 at 11:20 am

I love the cat on the box! If that were a poodle, you’d see my life!
What’s making me happy this week was a friend of mine let me help her organize!!!!
Joy recently posted..Friday fill ins

7 Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre October 14, 2012 at 11:33 am

Love the picture of you and Jay at the stadium – pretty lady!! :) Have a blast at the game!! You should come to Hoboken sometime before or after a Jets game and we can meet up!

I was DYING when I read the “that’s crazy” e-card. It’s terrible, I do that way more often than I’d like to admit!!
Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre recently posted..Not On Schedule

8 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers October 14, 2012 at 11:34 am

I love the photo of the fall leaves!!!! You and your Hubby look cute at the Jets game!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Weekly Recap

9 jeanine October 14, 2012 at 12:17 pm

I love the one about the groceries and I’m going to try the chicken burgers. They look delicious!

10 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles October 14, 2012 at 12:34 pm

Have a blast at the game! ……The Giants vs. 49ers today! LOVE both teams (but the 49ers are always top in my heart) so I’m super pumped for football today!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Jackson’s Birth Story

11 Megan@funsizedfitness October 14, 2012 at 12:42 pm

My family’s making me smile this week….oh, and caramel apple pie coffee!!!
Megan@funsizedfitness recently posted..Operation: Clean Out the Fridge, Freezer & Pantry

12 michelle kim October 14, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Body Pump has been awesome this week. I was concentrating on marathon training that my upper body strength was starting to go. Getting some definition back has been super nice :)
michelle kim recently posted..The Long Run That Super Duper Wasn’t

13 Shannon October 14, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Beating the Seniors in an upset to win Fall Pep Rally! Go Juniors class of 2014. :D

They will be so pissed when we walk into the door on Monday, still after 3 days since the pep rally.

14 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness October 14, 2012 at 1:12 pm

This post made me smile!!!! I hope things are looking up for you this week! It seems like you had a pretty tough week and yet you manage to stay so positive on the blog! Keep your head up! Things will turn around soon : )
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Paleo Pumpkin Risotto

15 Kim@hungryhealthygirl October 14, 2012 at 1:30 pm

I can totally relate to the “that’s crazy” when you have no idea what the other person said. haha! Great picture of you and Jay at the game! Have a blast!
Kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..butternut squash chicken lasagna

16 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl October 14, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Some things making me smile this week:

The awesome fall weather (minus some serious rain this weekend), starting to finally get back into running after knee surgery in June (even it it was only 5 minutes on the treadmill), and finishing and submitting my final portfolio project for my Master’s degree. Graduation is right around the corner and that definitely has me smiling!

Hope you have a great/better week ahead! :)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Vegetarian Gumbo Recipe

17 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 14, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Have the best day at the game! Love you!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

18 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 14, 2012 at 1:54 pm

I hope this upcoming week proves to be better for you and I’m sure after a fun day with family, you’ll on a better track. :)
What’s making me smile this week is the near 6 1/2 mile run I did this morning without dying. And I’m looking forward to a week of only 4 days working so hopefully I can get ahead on my NASM studying & GRE studying & grad school essay prep. Oh man…
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Day Off

19 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 14, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Hehe the one about the groceries is so me… especially because I live in an apartment and never want to make multiple trips up the elevator. Hope this upcoming week goes better for you, hun! Rough patches are a part of life, and it’s awesome that you were able to see some positivity even in bad times. After all, “life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.”
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... [not enough] food anxiety .

20 Becky Przy October 14, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Totally relate to the grocery one;-)

My laugh for the week–I was going through old jeans and I asked the husband if I had a “muffin top” He looked at my hair and said “no, I don’t think so”…he thought “muffin top” was a hair style;-)

21 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 14, 2012 at 2:35 pm

The someecards always kill me!

Have fun at the game!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Noteworthy Tweets – 10/13

22 Chelsea @ GlitterAndSweat October 14, 2012 at 2:40 pm

what makes me smile….i think the fact that i have finally found a peace in life :) enjoy your jets game!!

23 Kate October 14, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Sorry to hear you’ve had a rough week. My favorite quote for when times seem tough is – “It is not happy people that are grateful, it is grateful people that are happy.”

24 Kristen @ notsodomesticated October 14, 2012 at 4:23 pm

OK, what on earth is that girl doing with Nutella over her face?? Doesn’t she know that you shouldn’t waste such a delicious treat, by rubbing it all over your face? Craziness! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Double Tomato Bruschetta

25 Rachel October 14, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Hi! So this is my first comment since I’ve discovered SweettoothSweetlife, but I have a question to throw out there. Does Zumba 2 for the wii really help you lose weight? and lose inches? I’ve just started doing it for a change. I’ve lost alot of weight already before Zumba but need to lose more and tone up. This isn’t really related to this blog but I would like some opinions if anyone has any. Thanks!

26 Bek @ Crave October 15, 2012 at 2:32 am

What’s making me smile? My knee is feeling better and I get to teach a double of Step this morning- exercise gods are looking after me :)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Brisbane Fitness & Health Expo Giveaway!

27 Kelly @ Femme Fitale October 15, 2012 at 4:21 am

Hah! ‘That’s Crazy’…so true.
Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted..Lulu Lovin’ in Oz

28 Brandi October 15, 2012 at 12:17 pm

LOL!! These are great!! I really do try to make just one trip in from the car when I buy groceries!