Things Making Me Smile This Week {10/14}

Despite the fact that I had somewhat of a shit-tastic week, I did still manage to have a few good laughs and smiles thrown in the mix. Hey, you’ve gotta try to see the positive even when things are at their worst, right?

So here’s a peek at a few things that managed to turn my frown upside-down this week…

My friends. I have some of the best friends a girl could ask for. Seriously.

And just the simple act of mailing an actual card? It’s just so thoughtful (and somewhat rare nowadays, wouldn’t you say?).

This week it REALLY, officially became fall…and it is beautiful outside.

Let’s just forget about all the leaves that need to be removed from my own yard.

Sitting at the bar with Jay earlier this week, sipping on some Octoberfest.

It was perfect.

The fact that I managed to run four different times this past week. FOUR. Granted, they were only between 2-4 miles each time, but I just can’t even begin to tell you how good it felt.

I don’t intend to fully incorporate running back into my routine just yet, but for this week, it was wonderful.

I was going through all of my old photos on Facebook the other night and came across this oldy but goody.

Me and the Little Bro. God, those were some great cheeks, weren’t they?

There were a few Pinterest finds this week that weren’t necessarily of the humorous variety, but they definitely did make me smile.

Of course, there were also quite a few funny ones added to my Makes Me Smile Pinterest board too, which we can’t leave out…

And last, but not least, early this morning, Jay and I left the house to meet up with my parents so we could head down to Jets stadium for the day!

You guys know I do love me so tailgating…now let’s just hope that the Jets can actually do something. Wishful thinking? Probably.

What’s making YOU smile this week? Open-mouthed smile

I love the saying when God closes a door he opens a window, I think it’s so true! I also love this similar quote, “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”

Hope you have a great day tailgating (but I’m a Boston girl so I have to say GO Pats!) :)
    Caitlin @ This Bride’s Joyride recently posted..Weekly committed workouts: 10/14

Love the picture of you and Jay at the stadium – pretty lady!! :) Have a blast at the game!! You should come to Hoboken sometime before or after a Jets game and we can meet up!

I was DYING when I read the “that’s crazy” e-card. It’s terrible, I do that way more often than I’d like to admit!!
    Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre recently posted..Not On Schedule

3. Shannon says

Beating the Seniors in an upset to win Fall Pep Rally! Go Juniors class of 2014. 😀

They will be so pissed when we walk into the door on Monday, still after 3 days since the pep rally.

Some things making me smile this week:

The awesome fall weather (minus some serious rain this weekend), starting to finally get back into running after knee surgery in June (even it it was only 5 minutes on the treadmill), and finishing and submitting my final portfolio project for my Master’s degree. Graduation is right around the corner and that definitely has me smiling!

Hope you have a great/better week ahead! :)
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Vegetarian Gumbo Recipe

I hope this upcoming week proves to be better for you and I’m sure after a fun day with family, you’ll on a better track. :)
    What’s making me smile this week is the near 6 1/2 mile run I did this morning without dying. And I’m looking forward to a week of only 4 days working so hopefully I can get ahead on my NASM studying & GRE studying & grad school essay prep. Oh man…
    Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Day Off

Hehe the one about the groceries is so me… especially because I live in an apartment and never want to make multiple trips up the elevator. Hope this upcoming week goes better for you, hun! Rough patches are a part of life, and it’s awesome that you were able to see some positivity even in bad times. After all, “life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.”
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... [not enough] food anxiety .

7. Becky Przy says

Totally relate to the grocery one;-)

My laugh for the week–I was going through old jeans and I asked the husband if I had a “muffin top” He looked at my hair and said “no, I don’t think so”…he thought “muffin top” was a hair style;-)

8. Kate says

Sorry to hear you’ve had a rough week. My favorite quote for when times seem tough is – “It is not happy people that are grateful, it is grateful people that are happy.”

9. Rachel says

Hi! So this is my first comment since I’ve discovered SweettoothSweetlife, but I have a question to throw out there. Does Zumba 2 for the wii really help you lose weight? and lose inches? I’ve just started doing it for a change. I’ve lost alot of weight already before Zumba but need to lose more and tone up. This isn’t really related to this blog but I would like some opinions if anyone has any. Thanks!