A More Subdued Halloween Party

by Courtney on October 28, 2012

Well, another fun Halloween party is in the books!

Unfortunately, I didn’t end up taking too many pictures last night, but I did snag a few. As always, there was plenty of good food – garbage bread, buffalo chicken dip, taco dip, funfetti dip(!!), guacamole, chips, veggies, etc…

In addition to my pumpkin keg (which went pretty well, I think!) I also brought over a batch of my Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes (big and mini ones) but they didn’t quite do to well on the car ride up.

As for mine and Jay’s costumes? Well, we totally pulled together a last minute “Tacky Tourists” combo. Definitely not our best showing, but at least I was comfortable. Our other friends had some great costumes…

But I think my favorite had to be my friends Dan & Eileen. Eileen is gluten-free, so she dressed up as “Gluten Free Girl.” Her boyfriend, Dan, then dressed up as “Gluten Guy” and carried around a box of pasta in his belt all night. It was hilarious and super clever!

It was definitely a fun party, and it’s always so fun to hang out with this crew. It’s funny, because we got talking about how last night’s party was so much more subdued than it has been in years past (you may remember last year’s party and the year before that) and the years before THAT were quite amusing. Winking smile

Our main source of entertainment last night wound up being a a couple solid hours of playing Cards Against Humanity. Oh my goodness…have you guys ever played this game? It was my first time playing, and basically, it’s an adult version of the game Apples to Apples. But when I say adult version, I’m really not kidding. Oh man…hilarious.

*****

I told myself last night that I wasn’t going to set an alarm this morning and just allow myself to sleep in. Well, I wound up sleeping in until about 9:45, and it felt wonderful. Granted, we didn’t get home and in to bed until a little after 1:00am, but still. It was a much needed late wake-up call.

Shortly after I was up, I made myself some breakfast.

I used up my last pumpkin spice bagel and used it in this delicious egg, provolone, and jam sandwich. I wasn’t quite sure how the pumpkin spice bagel would go with everything else, but it was seriously delicious.

As for the rest of today, it’s most likely going to consist of lots of boring stuff that needs to be taken care of…aka, grocery shopping, laundry, and cleaning. Blech.

But the way I see it is, the sooner it gets done, the sooner I get to chillax on the couch for the afternoon. So on that note…I’ll catch you cool cats later. Winking smile

1 Sarah October 28, 2012 at 11:21 am

Love the costumes… and the food! Love bagels!
Those cupcakes look professionally done! Whenever I frost mine, they come out looking like a clumpy mess… I guess I’m not destined to be a baker, ha
Have a good one :)
Sarah recently posted..(Taper) Training Week 3

2 Marielle October 28, 2012 at 11:42 am

Pumpkin slice bagels? Yum. Today I’m actually trying your Pumpkin Black Bean
Soup, sounds pretty awesome! Have a good Sunday!
Marielle recently posted..How to Survive a New Group Ex Class

3 Khushboo October 28, 2012 at 11:56 am

Haha love the costumes! Tacky for the win ;)!

4 Karen October 28, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Good luck w the grocery store…Its a mad house out there due to Sandy. People are crazy!

5 Michelle (Better with Berries) October 28, 2012 at 12:19 pm

The gluten-free girl and gluten guy costumes are hilarious!! That looks like quite the Halloween spread of yumminess – I went to a small Halloween party last night and ate wayyyy too much buffalo chicken dip. So good!
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..School Update: 9 Weeks Closer to RD

6 kim@hungryhealthygirl October 28, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Breakfast looks delish….I never was able to find the pumpkin bagels. I love the gluten girl costume….very clever.
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..The BEST {healthy} pumpkin pie ever!!!

7 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 28, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Your tacky tourist costumes were missing a fanny pack! But other than that, definitely still creative and cute :) And speaking of cute, is it weird that it made me kind of sad to see the little mini muffins looking all abused? The big ones not so much, but the tiny cute ones? It was like nooooo.
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... cinnamon raisin shredded wheat cookies .

8 Lauren October 28, 2012 at 12:59 pm

I was bummed I didn’t think to plan a Halloween party this year. I’ve always wanted to but never have. They always look like such a blast~ Glad you had fun! :)
Lauren recently posted..Raising the Bar: 3 New Bars and 1 Big GIVEAWAY

9 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl October 28, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Funfetti dip?!? That sounds awfully intriguing….and in a majorly good way!

The Cards Against Humanity game also sounds quite promising and something that my friends and I would really enjoy playing together. I am going to have to do some investigating into both of these new finds. Thanks for sharing! :)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Green and Red Pepper Lentil Soup

10 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 28, 2012 at 1:22 pm

That’s a hilarious combo! I totally feel you on the boring chores! That’s what I’m doing today too :(
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..God Bless Bruno Mars

11 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 28, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Gluten-free Girl and Gluten Guy? That is definitely one of the most creative costumes I’ve ever seen – hilarious!

Mini-cupcakes, NO!!!! I’m sure they still tasted fantastic :-p
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Ringing In 23.

12 Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets October 28, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Incredible last-minute costume! Hahah I really like the gluten-free girl costume too! My boyfriend was sick all weekend so our plans to go out for halloween parties were derailed :( I’ll just like vicariously through all the bloggers that made it out!
Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets recently posted..butter chicken pizza + an apology

13 Brandi October 28, 2012 at 2:23 pm

I hope you have a great Sunday Courtney! :)
Brandi recently posted..…and how was your Saturday?

14 Kristen @ notsodomesticated October 28, 2012 at 3:38 pm

My husband did the “tacky tourist” thing a few years ago … it was easy and cheap to pull together, but he ended up with a really awesome costume. You guys look great!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Pumpkin Chip Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting.

15 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 28, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Definitely looks like a fun evening! We were told we could dress up for Halloween at work on Wednesday and while I helped one of my coworkers think up a costume idea, I don’t think I’m going to partake.
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..A long weekend…

16 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 28, 2012 at 4:10 pm

I “slept in” until 8 this morning and I honestly couldn’t remember the last time I slept that late! So sad that 8AM is sleeping in these days!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Checking IN Before the Power Goes OUT

17 Michelle@Peachy Palate October 28, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Love your costume! Just checked out the link for the card game, never heard of it…I think I need to do some Googling and it’s all very cryptic on the site!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Sunday Staple

18 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy October 28, 2012 at 4:19 pm

I’ve heard of that game, but I’ve never played it. Sounds like fun!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..High Five for Friday

19 Lauren @The Homeostatic Mindset October 28, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Gluten-free girl!? Haha, so funny! Your pumpkin bagel looks yummy :)
Lauren @The Homeostatic Mindset recently posted..How to make recovery easier: A guide

20 Rachelle October 28, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Hi! I just recently stumbled upon your blog somehow…probably from someone else’s “BLOG LOVE” page, and have been stalking you all morning! :) And I have to tell you I think your blog made my list of favorite blogs! You are just too cute and I love how your blog is set up and the content inside. My favorite part however might be the pictures of your kitty :) Love it when I find new blogs to follow – just had to share how much I enjoyed yours!

21 Courtney October 28, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Awww thanks so much! I’m so glad you found me…however it may have been, haha. Hope to continue seeing you around!! :)

22 Katy October 28, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Love the costumes. Looks like you guys had fun! I love a good Halloween party. Something about wearing a costume that brings out the kid in everyone. :-)
Katy recently posted..New Playlist

23 Katie @ KatieEnPursuit October 28, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Looks like a fun Halloween party was had by all! And way to sleep in! I’ve gotten 9 hours of sleep the past few nights & it’s been wonderful!
Katie @ KatieEnPursuit recently posted..Staycation 2012 on the Docket

24 Tara Deal | Treble in the Kitchen October 29, 2012 at 4:53 am

What a clever idea…gluten free girl!! Looks like you had a great time :) Happy Halloween!!

25 Miz October 29, 2012 at 6:28 am

YOU
ARE
SO
SO
SO
SO
FUN!!
Miz recently posted..Get into character for a healthy Halloween!

26 Brittany October 29, 2012 at 8:52 am

Cards Against Humanity is crazy – it’s funny in all the wrong ways. Isaac loves it!
Brittany recently posted..Fall Harvest Spinach Salad

27 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries October 29, 2012 at 10:12 am

Oh my God, we play Cards Against Humanity all the time! It’s a given that I end up in tears from laughing so hard. Totally, one thousand percent inappropriate, but so hilarious. Now that I know you can appreciate THAT kind of humor, I’m even more convinced we need to plan a meet up asap ;)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Wine, Relaxation and Great Friends

28 Courtney October 29, 2012 at 10:44 am

HAHAHA – agreed!! :)

29 Meghan @ After the Ivy League October 29, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Fun Halloween party! Your costumes came out cute. I have the same “boring” tasks on my to-do list today, my house is in serious need of a good cleaning! Need to get to that this afternoon.
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Hurricane Sandy to the Rescue

30 Emilie @ Hungry Delights October 30, 2012 at 11:46 pm

Oh my that layout of food has me drooling all over my keyboard!
Emilie @ Hungry Delights recently posted..WIAW – It is heating up!